Takea Tankards

Okay so either a doctor with a mask of healing or not? I'll have to think about that.Oh. Um. That is odd. An entire species being tortured. O_OSo only Carapar's and Pridak's are allowed out the six prime species.
Correctomundo!

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

TPTI hasn't posted yet, but his character is a Vermillion Dragon agent. Darkons is one... a few others are. Like five or so, mostly rogue Toa who sort of work with them because you guys are all suffering from a disease I call DOT-PIC.Dependency on Toa-Powers in Characters.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Hey, I posted! Been trying to keep up though. There's been an extra seven pages added since last checked the topic

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Compare them to the Dark Hunters of Brotherhood of Makuta.Bionicle is some sick and twisted stuff for little kids.Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Bionicle: Three totally evil factions. Choose one!Have fun kids!

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

@ TPTI;Correction. TPTI did post and I completely passed it all by because I'm a doof.@ Basilisk;Canonically, they actually did it back when Ehlek was still around. They modified the entire species and gave them weapons and training to kill Makuta, in case the Brotherhood ever rebelled.In this universe, they're doing it right now instead. To give an excuse for them all being gone.If that is the real reason...Heh.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well you could read the Current Events section on the front page of this topic to get an idea. :rolleyes:Just saying.Nah, that would be boring. Leave pursuing the plot and getting actual rewards to the amateurs.Wonder if there's ever going to be a Azure Thunder vs. Torrent fight...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well you could read the Current Events section on the front page of this topic to get an idea. :rolleyes:Just saying.Nah, that would be boring. Leave pursuing the plot and getting actual rewards to the amateurs.Wonder if there's ever going to be a Azure Thunder vs. Torrent fight...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Too mainstream. :PBesides, Dajon's description states it as mostly Unexplored. Which makes me suspect something is there.As for the fight, quite possibly.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Toa Onarax is going to amass a group to fight us at one point. Other than that, who knows?
-
:burnmad:
Well, you see, the Torrent leans more toward the evil end of things. The crew of the Azure Thunder leans more toward Chaotic Good, or at least Chaotic Neutral.Conflict, should they meet, is inevitable.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dajon, huh? Which chart is that... ah, yes. Random Quest & NPC Determination Chart 25-B. But that would be ridiculous. No good GM would use a random chart in the middle of a game.You always roll everything out before the players get there so they think you're doing it on your own.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Dajon, huh? Which chart is that... ah, yes. Random Quest & NPC Determination Chart 25-B. But that would be ridiculous. No good GM would use a random chart in the middle of a game.You always roll everything out before the players get there so they think you're doing it on your own.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Lev, how worried should we be about what we may or may not find on that island?After all, you mass-produced robotic enforcers, kidnapped PCs, and basically took over the ruins of the Techna in Breakdown. And you weren't a GM there.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Lev, how worried should we be about what we may or may not find on that island?After all, you mass-produced robotic enforcers, kidnapped PCs, and basically took over the ruins of the Techna in Breakdown. And you weren't a GM there.
A GM after my own heart. :P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

A GM after my own heart. :P
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention he set up a supply chain back to Spherus Magna from the planet they were stranded on using an Olmak, set up a life-insurance policy, and started construction of a massive kill-sat that would be ready to launch at the start of next season.

fK5oqYf.jpg

@ Krayzikk;Well, originally, it sounded like CHI was planning on sending men in there to destroy AMTaOS. If had know that plan wasn't going through through, I wouldn't have bothered with the massive army. In any case, the plan in the first Techna was better... or would have been, if the entire city hadn't turned into a battlefield. Techna 3 will beat them all, though. Especially with that death sat, as TD put it, watching the planet. Once it's active, I'll be able to laser Umbrae. From space!EDIT: Oh you did remember that. :PIn all honesty, you've got a 50/50 chance of either puzzles and riddles or terrible monsters.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Meh.He's also crazy.He's like a Wilder the Aes Sedai have yet to find....Hopefully somebody gets that reference.
I did.
I can argue anything. In Social Studies I was on the Confederate side of the Civil War debate, and nobody could beat me. Nobody.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Just saying I argued for the loyalists side in the revolutionary war for an entrance essay for honors history, and got in. It's cool to see that I'm not the only one who picks the so called bad guy side. As for prized possessions, Salvinn has none, he's a drifter he can't afford to become sentimental.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Vorasku, having properly supplied his ship, set off again, this time toward Effrah. He sailed rather eventfully for some time, but later he encountered a strom, which drove him off course, toward Nibar. Soon the storm subsided, and he found himself between the two, near a small island. Soon, he noticed Gaioli's ship, anchoured to the shore. He told his crew to prepare for atttack, and readied his musket, pointing it at the ship. "Identify yourself." he said in a commanding voice, intedning to rob the ship.
Do you know how impossible this is?I takes hours to travel between islands the way you're describing. It would take you plenty more just for that entire little journey. I've done the math on my calculator, or at least, I would if I had a calculator that charted distance, the ship speed, etc.In any case, any boat that a player would have would never be able to survive the force that would so quickly pull you that way.Your character thus needs to be either time locked and outside of the RPG for a while heading that way, since you decided to head out without any other players to interact with, or your ship and all of its crew will die on the rocks.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

@ Takanuvainikia;Those weapons are not approved.Energized protodermis would have killed him instantly. In my universe, you're all doomed by canon.Shorted out? What?In short, not approved. Also, you could reword the Bio a bit so it makes a bit more sense. Maybe start new paragraphs instead of having a massive wall of text.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
I powered down the weapons and took out the falling into energized protodermis. Also by "shorting out" I meant water shorted out his the lightning he charged himself with.Name: TanikaGender & Species: Male Toa of lightningPowers: Lightning. Skills: A master at using his whip, he has almost a telepathic connection to it and can do amazing tricks (such as wrapping it around a tree branch to swing across a gorge then giving it a tug and having it come loose). He is also a fairly good shot. He has trained with his element so that he is constantly charged with a small amount of lightning without even concentrating, and anyone that goes closer than two inches from him gets a jolt (this will be annoying to pick pockets), when he is nervous, angry, or in a fight the charge increases so that anyone touching him will receive a big shock and if they happen to hit him with a sword or something, they will probably get hurt just as much as he does.Equipment: Mask: Faxon. Weapons: Thunder whip (a bladed whip with a long bar handle that can channel his lightning power). And a small round protosteel shield with a mini disk launcher mounted underneath of it. The disc launcher fires small electrified discs.Appearance: Thin and light, he is fairly agile but has to use leverage to lift something heavyFaction: None (he isn’t a rogue; he just hasn’t joined the Toa Council yet, although he will soon)Personality: Although outwardly he is friendly and trusting, he is actually quite paranoid and takes a long time to trust anyone. His favourite rahi to copy is a small, dragon like, chameleon lizard that uses camouflage, a fast attack, sharp claws, and a bladed tail to bring down multiple enemies ten times larger then itself. (He keeps one about the size of a chameleon in a toa seal on his back.)Bio:He was once the guardian of a village that was built around a small pool of Energized Protodermis. The Energized Protodermis influenced the plants in the area causing them to grow large, strong and fast. The village quickly became wealthy exporting produce, but this also attracted unwanted rahi and shifty characters. But Toa Tanika protected the village from all threats, and in appreciation the matoran saved enough to buy him his protosteel shield/mini disc launcher from the Nynrah ghosts, inscribed with the matorans names as well as this message “To Toa Tanika, we will always appreciate your protection. p.s. because you wouldn’t accept a statue”.But their happiness was not to last, for a Dark Hunter spy discovered the source of their lush plants. The Dark Hunters’ attack was fast and precise, they quickly located the pool but found a shocking surprise. the battle was furious but one of the Hunters finally knocked him down and was about to finish him off when Tanika used the last of his elemental energy to call down lightning bolts from the sky knocking the Hunters unconscious Knowing that the Dark Hunters would return, Tanika ordered his village to be evacuated and left the chained Dark Hunters in the village.With the matoran in one boat and himself in another, they set sail for Metru-Nui. As they sailing a young Dark Hunter with psionic powers attacked the villagers’ ships as his first mission. Tanika told the matoran to keep sailing while he held of the Hunter, when the matoran were out of range he unleashed a powerful surge into the water, but was knocked unconscious from a mental blast before the surge could reach the Hunter. The Hunter was having second thoughts about his mission; in his mind the Toa was practically giving the Energized Protodermis pool to them so there was no need to kill him. The Hunter quickly went towards a random island (Yenta) mentally shrouding himself so he couldn’t be seen and, wiping Tanika’s memory, dumped the Toa onto the beach, and sailed away.In Metru-Nui the recently arrived matoran built a memorial to their lost hero in the shape of his shield inscribed “To Toa Tanika; because you wouldn’t accept a statue”.When Tanika awoke he saw he was on a beach just outside of Sakrinil, he wonders how he got there because being in the water would short out his electric field , he didn’t have any memory of his past so he decided to go help someone and find out if there are any more Toa nearby.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

The disk launcher isn't approved because nobody uses disk launchers at this time.For that matter, the Dark Hunters still need a few thousand years to form, to. It's just TSO, Ancient, and maybe a few other mercenaries at the moment.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I thought disc launchers were invented before gunpowder but you're the GM and I will change Dark Hunters to just a band of pirates. Will that work?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Kanoka disks are incredibly rare and expensive at this point in time (in this universe, if not canon), and things like bamboo disks wouldn't be able to be used with a launcher (let alone electrified). They have gunpowder here, but not many people (asides from, apparently, the lazy PCs who won't take crossbows*) use weapons employing it when there's plenty of other things that you could use that have equally long range, the same accuracy, and don't occasionally explode. And sure, you can replace the Dark Hunters with pirates, or marauders, or giants, or cannibals, or whatever you feel like.* Not that I'm call you guys lazy. Well... lazier than me.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Finally got this done:

Character Name: KaladinGender & Species: Male Ga-MatoranPowers: N/AEquipment:His Physician’s medical kit, containing a healthy supply of bandages and basic medicines and etc.Appearance:Armor colored navy blue armor with dark green high lights. Body design similar to one of the Matoran of the Southern Continent (i.e. the Mahri Nui Matoran’s design, although no one in the game would understand that). His Kanohi is a powerless Matoran version of the Mask of Possibilities.Faction: None. Personality: Kaladin tries to remain calm under any series of events that occur to him, even if he is really terrified out of his wits. Which is often, considering that he’s spent most of his life in less dangerous parts of the Matoran universe and is therefore unprepared for the threats that face him in this unfamiliar environment. Kaladin is not overly fond of Toa, on the whole, believing them to be misguided at best and borderline psychopathic at worst. Biography: Kaladin hails from a small village on one of the more populous, if not technologically advanced, regions of the Matoran Universe. For most of his life he had trained to be a physician, first learning from his village’s elder and later traveling to his islands capital to learn from an academy there. He was happy.That fact would not last.Kaladin’s island had a . . . strained relationship with one of its neighbors, a land left over from the days of the Barraki and populated primarily with members of the Prime species, although like must places so far south it was a melting pot of beings of numerous races and backgrounds. The two nations hardly had any history of friendship, having warred against each other years previously in the aftermath of the Leagues fall.In this case, history repeated itself and soon hostile warships were landing on the soil of the island. The other nation’s army soon had grasped control of a large coastal area of the island’s coast. The Toa of the island quickly mobilized to face the threat, gathering with the island’s Matoran militia forces in the capital. Kaladin found himself drafted into serving the army as a doctor, which was better than being forced into a combat position, at least.The war was short, and destructive, decimating the armies of both sides and leaving most of the land’s settlements in ruins. Including, as it happens, Kaladin’s hometown.Filled with grief over the turn of events (and the tired cliché) Kaladin hitched a ride on a cargo ship to Yheyn, possibly the only place more backwater then his original home.

I do! =DAlso, I've decided I will create an anti-TC/XO rogue toa.Character Name: SollinGender & Species: Male, ToaPowers: EarthEquipment: A large claymore. Light armor on limbs, but heavy on torso. Wears a Great Kaukau.Appearance: His armor is a dull gray color, and his Kanohi jet black. If one was to remove his armor, they would see many scars all over his body.Faction: Rogue ToaPersonality: Sollin is a no-nonsense kind of guy who only talks when he has to. He hates just about everyone, and doesn't think he should have to devote his life to protecting a bunch of useless matoran.Alignment: Chaotic NeutralBiography: Sollin, long ago, was a member of the Toa Council. He was happy with his life, if a little unfulfilled-feeling, until his capture and torture by a murderer took away all respect for life and the sick Toa Council and Xankah Order that wouldn't let any toa just live their lives in peace. He was assumed dead when he finally escaped the killer, and preferred it that way. He's barely spoken to anyone since then. Not even specifically to remain thought of as dead, just because he prefers to be alone. But recently he decided to gather together more people who had been wronged by the Council and Order like he feels he has, and lead his group against their horrible oppression.I'm aware you said something along the lines of "Rising up against the Council and/or Order will fail," but sometimes, failed plans are fun. Plus, I wanted to make a bitter guy who hates the world. =P

-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Nah, it's just a simple fact that Chaotic Evil will always fail. Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil are the only ways that Evil can succeed.[Devorppa]That's 'approved' in Venezuelan.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Might draw up a rogue Toa myself....Well, might as in..."will".

Edited by Basilisk

. . .You're making a reddish pink Toa?I believe you meant rogue.
Already edited it. :P

Chaotic evil?...Whoops. Meant for that to be Neutral Evil. Although now that I think about it, what he's doing would be pretty chaotic. Then again, he doesn't think it's evil or anything, so maybe Chaotic Neutral? Yeah, I'll go with that.

-
:burnmad:

If you don't think you're evil that doesn't mean you're not evil, it just means you're a psychopath.Let's get that old alignment chart out (this is the shortest one there is, so it's pretty general, especially since it's for a High Fantasy/Swords & Sorcery setting with little grey and gray morality)

Chaotic Evil: The major precepts of this alignment are freedom, randomness, and woe. Law and order, kindness, and good deeds are disdained. Life has no value. By promoting chaos and evil, those of this alignment hope to bring themselves to positions of power, glory, and prestige in a system ruled by individual caprice and their own whims.
If you want to see much broader descriptions, TV Tropes does a pretty good job with all nine alignments, in my opinion.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Uh... Yup. That was definitely my intention. In fact, I meant to have Aiolos mentioned in the bio. Yup.Alright, I'm assuming the change from Evil to Neutral and the addition of Aiolos don't affect his approval at all?Edit: Well now, that sounds exactly like him 'til the last part. I suppose he is CE then.

-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Not at all. I don't even expect people to play to their alignment half the time. I mess up every once in a while as well.Except evil. Evil and chaotic are always easier to play because you don't have to care any more.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

*Small explosion*Uh. So crafting a good aligned rogue Toa. Turns out something slipped into the mix.The profile will be delayed while I fight the fires.