To Talk Of Striking

Grantaire

Guys, regular soldiers should not be in that meeting. It's basically a dozen of the highest ups. If you guys want to have sneaked in, then keep your posts as they are. If not, feel free to edit.
Kal is a higher-up now?... Grochi are you showing self-character favoritism?I'll get him out of there; just let met edit.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I'm back and i didn't mean he learned mental shielding, he just started to learn. and it couldn't possibly take hundreds of years to learn mental shielding, new members of the OoMN wouldn't have time to train in anything else.Could a toa of rahi be able to alter rahi, the bigger the alteration the longer it would take to charge up, but once he released it the effects would be instant.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

I'm back and i didn't mean he learned mental shielding, he just started to learn. and it couldn't possibly take hundreds of years to learn mental shielding, new members of the OoMN wouldn't have time to train in anything else.
Why not? They live for tens of thousands of years, and know numerous secrets that, if leaked out, could prove dangerous. I figure a hundred years or so for the basics, then learning new things off and on.In other news - this RPG is deader than a haunted house at Christmas that was burned down and has nobody in it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

What do you mean by altering?
I mean mutating rahi like giving it longer claws, stronger teeth, weaker legs, and so forth, he can also alter their powers or give them new powers but that is a big alteration and may take him days to make (considering how fast this rpg is going that is a long time.)

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

An alteration to the body could be done, but not the the powers. The ability to teleport, control fire etc do not reside in the body, but in the soul. Because of this, to add, remove, or alter powers, the toa would have to manipulate the soul's abilities; which I do not think is within the power of a toa.

Makuta can alter rahi powers using viruses so I don't see how a toa of rahi couldn't do it as well.Also could a toa of rahi have the powers of a Zatth and Faxon

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Makuta can alter rahi powers using viruses so I don't see how a toa of rahi couldn't do it as well.Also could a toa of rahi have the powers of a Zatth and Faxon
We aren't allowed to play Makuta. And there's a difference between powers and science!@ Zarayna; What was your final ruling on giving Exathia a second mask?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

what about a mask of mutation, that can alter powers, a toa of rahi could do that to rahi except it would take longer.

Edited by Takanuvainika

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

The mask of Mutation's only power is to change the essential and material form of a person... Assumedly this would also change their powers. However, to give a power of that nature to a toa of rahi control is not something I intend to allow, as it is, again, too powerful.

You could always try to get a weakened verison of the mask. Such as it could only work on Rahi and it is unable to change powers; only the appearance of the Rahi. Maybe it would be the noble version of the mask. But that is still under the power of the rpg's staff to decide if that is an acceptable thing or not.And personally I find the whole 'too overpowered' thing pathetic. Any power that makes something more powerful than the common man is 'overpowered' thus the term superpowers. It would be much easier to say something like, 'I do not want that power to be present within my rpg.'And yes I understand my views on things are all wonky.

I was assessing the basic nature of the power. On its own, I'd allow it. In conjunction with a kanohi and rahi control, not. Also, to reply to earlier posts, Lev, I think I said that since your character was a healer, she'd be able to get one.

Perhaps a toa of rahi couldn't alter a rahi's core power but could change the way they manifested the power. For example; take a Rock Lion and change it so that instead of it's mane getting white hot, it's tail does.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

@ Paragon; The idea is that not all characters are balanced, but when you look at a certain situation, you can find a weakness. A Makuta character, for example, has numerous powers for numerous situations, and can't really lose a one-on-one fight. The Mohtrehk isn't usually allowed since it makes an instant army, but I allowed one because the character had no elemental powers and the like, and was crippled, so it seemed fair. You may not see it that way, but not all powers are created equal.@ Zarayna; Thanks. I'll get a decent sized post for it up sometime today.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I just realized how I've completely left my PCs to rot in this RPG. ToSJ, you up for getting Darkon and Revax moving? I don't believe Lariska's(Correct me if I'm wrong) still in the archives, so someone else would have to deal with Revax.Anyone up for interacting with Wilnoth, a deranged Dark Hunter with a dark sense of humor, prowling around the Archives?

pNNgXax.jpg

See if you can get LL in here, and then I'll try to get Lev in. The four of us shall just own this RPG. :P
I'm GM in one, Co-GM in another. It's just you and LL, MacBeth. Your dreams are never coming true.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor