To Talk Of Striking

Grantaire

@ Zarayna;Continuing here so we don't go OOC.The entire post was made around the assumption that the Toa were still pinned down. It was never stated that they were captured, at least, not anywhere that I can see. Then, Velkarno charged in and started distracting them, giving a short second window of opportunity before he died in ways left ambiguous. He was going to die because {a} I don't want to RP that character anymore, {b} unlike the writers of Star Trek, I don't want to kill a character by dropping a bridge on them, and {c} it fit perfectly.So I find it kind of problematic how for, despite having gained the groups attention, if even for only a few seconds, everybody in the entire group was captured.Now I could be overreacting here - if you're just implying that the captured Toa were NPCs and the other PCs who never posted that they were escaping, such as that Vahki that Old Grochi had or something like that. But since everybody was high-tailing it out of there, Tanika or not Tanika...In any case, Protectorate death count would be up to two.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Um no, earlier, like a lot earlier, just after I got back, four toa in the huts were defeated and captured. I was not referring to your characters, at all. I was referring to: Sontorak, who crawled, badly wounded into the huts just before they were taken, and the toa team of Tabby which was ambushed and defeated in the huts. Exathia, Valkarno, Korvus, Mar, Naho, Lithus, Tanika, and any of the toa still standing whom I forgot are safe, and out of there.CapturedMiraulVilakCyHakariSontarokEscaped:KorvusMarLithusNahoAmerikosTanikaDead:ValkarnoTahukamaDoes that explain?

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

Okay, thank you for that clarification. Though, as I said before, Velkarno didn't have any way to get out, and I'm not gonna retcon that one post away. Your kill count's two unless the Skakdi there attended the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

The question above shall also let me determine the sanity of the GM, and whether or not I can get away with plan Delta B32.On the subject of characters, what's the rule for replacing the dead?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

After some considering, my answer is yes, and no. While toa of plantlife have the ability to create plants, and thus vegetative souls. However, due to the much higher level of existence that instinctive souls possess, and also because many rahi possess immortal souls, it is far, far beyond a toa's ability to make such a soul. Therefore, I conclude, that while there may be a toa whose element is manipulation of irrational rahi ,and partial manipulation of rational rahi, a toa of that element would have neither the ability to create nor absorb a rahi. The problem then arises as to how one knows what is a rational rahi, and what is an irrational rahi. I conclude that, should a toa of this element exist, his powers would be the same as a mask of rahi control. In short: yes, but the rahi control would be the same as the mask of rahi control.

Alright, Lariska needs to get over to Aclaraung[...]
Lariska's waiting for a Solaris response, so shall I send B8 instead?
He refused to join the Protectorate because Dume wouldn't come in person. Precentus is going to tell her that if she suggests sending Bit. Doing the exact opposite would work out better. Besides, if Solaris comes back online and tries to get his character to escape, Reaper can handle anything the Vahki can't.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I’m off to camp for a week so here is what Tanika will do in that time; Tanika goes to Ta-Metru and gets a toa of psionics to teach him how to shield his mind, and he asks around about his matoran friends and finds out that they lived in a garden in Le-Metru.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

I’m off to camp for a week so here is what Tanika will do in that time; Tanika goes to Ta-Metru and gets a toa of psionics to teach him how to shield his mind, and he asks around about his matoran friends and finds out that they lived in a garden in Le-Metru.
Pfft. Mental shielding after a few hours? You need centuries for that kind of stuff. Millennia, if you're doing other stuff in between.
Point. I'll have B8 continue the interrogation, then.
Alright then. Let's get this all started. Tomorrow. After I sleep.I mean travel to other dimensions.And sleep.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

What's been happening in this lately?
Aderia made me take her job, and I just initiated a big retcon by taking her advice.So, basically, fun stuff.
Wait, the whole Ta-Metru mission never happened? Also, why did she make you take her job?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

No, no, no, it happened, now we just have to retcon *in* all the events that actually happened.And she made me take her job because she was getting stressed or bored or something. I dunno.
'Lazy', which is a combination of both, actually. Also, 'busy' and 'my brain is no good for dedicated RPing'. But yeah. Thanks.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

This RPG is falling apart.........RPG.....................r.........................inSee what I did there. It was an epic thing that I did. I'm not serious though. But that means two of the people initially planned as GMs have been replaced by two other people, and Zarayna said that there's not enough people to run everything. Grochi, this is all making me feel like your Universe-spanning RPG idea is bound to fail solely based on the number of people involved.So in that case it's not that the Ta-Metru mission and stuff were retconned, they just... have-conned. Already happened. In the past. Time travel. Doctor in his TARDIS.@ Gravity; Eh... just show up in the Chute Stations or Coliseum or something. Not much going on besides that and a mission in Ko-Metru.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

But that means two of the people initially planned as GMs have been replaced by two other people, and Zarayna said that there's not enough people to run everything.
Two people? Who was the other?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

But that means two of the people initially planned as GMs have been replaced by two other people, and Zarayna said that there's not enough people to run everything.
Two people? Who was the other?
I believe that it say Dovydas would be stuck as Lariska. LL got the job instead since he was on more. Or wanted to more. Or something. I dunno.Still waiting on a reply BTW, LL.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Aderia, I think, is resigning....I want to follow suite so badly...Also, guys, expect a timeskip within the month, and probably in the next week or two.
I'll take your job too if you want.After all, I am the BZP-master-of-multitasking-that-isn't-staff.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Sorry, but I'm going to retcon most of that post. First off, it wasn't an attack of sonic waves, it was an attack of painful noise. Unless someone intangible is deaf, that would be rather impossible to avoid. Secondly, Krokk was hit with a weaken disk. If weaken disks were used to bring down structures, I think a level four one would, at the very least, reduce a being's strength to the level of being unable to run across a room filled with Vahki, Kanoka Disks, and Mind Scramble bolts. Completely defenseless, and being chased by multiple rather powerful hunting and subduing machines. As such, this is going to be reflected in the below post.
Actually, painful noise would be of no use if you were intangible. The only reason that the human body is harmed by painful sound is because it damages the structure of our ear drums and, with incredibly loud noises, other things - I believe reading up on some sonic thing employed on ships to knock people out and stuff.But if you were intangible, it would just be noise, as there is no physical structure damage. The only weapon you really have against an intangible enemy would be some kind of techno or magic device that lets you ignore the intangibility, or something to shut down their masks, or psionic attacks (you could argue that it would require a brain, but since these beings are intangible and have no mass, yet still thinks, we can assume that the brain itself is not the target, but the conscious/psyche of the target).But everything else is valid; have fun killing Skakdi.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Once something becomes intangible, in my opinion, no longer would the brain be the center of thought, but moreso the entire body would become the center of thought, seeing as there was no single solid part to take over that role.And, as Lev said, it would have no effect. if you were intangible, things could go right through you, including sound. Painful noise is still sound, so the intangibility beats sonics argument is still viable. They could still hear it, and they might find it annoying, but it wouldn't cause them harm.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Once something becomes intangible, in my opinion, no longer would the brain be the center of thought, but moreso the entire body would become the center of thought, seeing as there was no single solid part to take over that role.And, as Lev said, it would have no effect. if you were intangible, things could go right through you, including sound. Painful noise is still sound, so the intangibility beats sonics argument is still viable. They could still hear it, and they might find it annoying, but it wouldn't cause them harm.
Much like listening to Justin Bieber fans talking. Of course, harm does usually result. Heh-heh-heh-heh.Oh, and along the psionics v. intangibility bit, most powerful character ever? Psionics+Intangibility. Even a Vahi or Ignika user would theoretically be unable to do anything to you while intangible (theoretically), and you're immune to all powers but psionics. Which you are immune to because of mental shielding. Give that to your player and you're asking for trouble (hence my lack of banned items, and going on a case-by-case basis).-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well, actually, if you think of it...Intangibility in this sense would work by making the grosser parts of the body (e.i. the arms, legs, blood, metal, etc) subordinate to the subtler part of the body (e.i. the field that the soul directly controls in order to animate the body). Much like in Makuta style teleport, the body enters into a state where naturally the subtler part of the body would be unable to control the grosser part, and thus would be forced to cease to animate it, forcing the soul to leave the body: in other words, death. However, in these situations, either the subtler part is enpowered to be able to hold the grosser part in check, most likely through the spiritual/energetic nature of the power. In this state, an attack of the energy nature would be able to have an effect on the subtler part of the body, while an attack that focuses on the grosser parts of the body would have no effect.Were the body unable to function properly, in this situation, the thought process would take place solely in the intellect; The soul would control the subtler part of the body, which would essentially be the main portion of the body, while the grosser parts are held in storagish reserve.Mental blasts would work against an intangible being, but brain based telepathy that does not affect the spirit would be useless (in this case, the branch of telepathy that contacts non rational rahi).

Oh, and along the psionics v. intangibility bit, most powerful character ever? Psionics+Intangibility. Even a Vahi or Ignika user would theoretically be unable to do anything to you while intangible (theoretically), and you're immune to all powers but psionics. Which you are immune to because of mental shielding. Give that to your player and you're asking for trouble (hence my lack of banned items, and going on a case-by-case basis).-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Haha, yeah, here's the thing... The intangible character Darkon was refering to was in fact a Skakdi of psionics, and she was approved. I don't quite follow your logic with the vahi and ignika though. Surely a "subtler part" as Zarayna called it still exists within time, so slowing down time with the vahistill slows down an intangible being like an iden-user? Same goes for the ignika - they're still alive, just not in physical form, so the ignika should be able to control them.Darkon, given the above points about sonics not affecting intangible beings, I think we should take this to PM and sort out which bits of each of our posts could reasonably have happened and work from there. Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

I mean a full on Toa who doesn't need somebody else to help them.Even if an Ignika or Vahi user could actually use the masks to full power - which is impossible - they would be under too much mental strain to deal with psionic attacks in the process. That makes the mask useless. And then mind gets ripped up.Anything else meets similar fates, save other psionics users. But since neither can hurt each other, the intangible being just runs away and finds a better target.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

The Ignika could kill a person easily, intangible or tangible. Remember, the subtler part of the body is what is often called the life force; the Ignika can sap this, although i doubt it can affect a rational soul directly. A Vahi could also affect an intangible person. As to PMs, I agree.