To Talk Of Striking

Grantaire

You don't run a fortress. Besides, Metru Nui isn't advanced enough to have blood samplers and genetic alarms. Besides, Deceptio got inserted in the middle of a battle. It makes for great cover.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Dude, we can easily test a person's DNA here in real life to see whether or not they have a disease, an extra chromosome, anything like that.If you can't tell, Metru-Nui is much, much more advanced than we are.I can't see why they wouldn't have them.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

But to be able to tell a Vortixx from a toa? That seems a little much, even with a scanner. Besides that, you have to have a blood sample, which Deceptio will avoid doing. He can masquerade very well.Besides, if Metru Nui is so advanced, why doesn't everyone have guns?-Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

You don't need guns when you have elemental powers, and I fail to see how that's a marker of technological achievement in this case.And really, telling a Vortixx from a Toa wouldn't be that hard. We can tell two people from each other in real life, no matter how similar they look-unless, of course, they are genetically identical twins.And really, if it's either "Submit to Blood Test" or "Don't get in/Get arrested by Vakhi," you wouldn't have much of a choice, would you? It would fail for you either way.

profiles i guess

I don't run a fortress, but that's because the government turned my proposition down on account of being 217 years old and illegally downloading the soundtrack to a Smurfs game. They told me that's a felony.But look at it this way. What's the minimum resistance you would expect?- To get into the bases, you need to be a Toa. If you come with a large group led by an important figure, you can probably get in alright; otherwise, you'll need the below as well.- In order to get to non-public areas of the fort, you would need your name to be registered in the databases as a member of the Protectorate. You would also need a matching appearance. You have two options - register with the Protectorate under your guise, which would no doubt require the display of Kanohi and Elemental powers, or kill someone and steal their identity. With the presence of a Mask of Truth, you'll never know when you get a question you can't work around in the later case. This would be even more dangerous. In the former, you'll need a very well developed backstory.- Higher level areas with greater security will require a ranked individual to enter, and will have Vahki that are standing ready who could detect the slightest thing being off about you. And then there would be people who could notice things even the Vahki wouldn't, because they're robots.And as for technology... even in Waves, they could easily start advancing technology, and have it to Earth-level tech in a thousand years. Like how it happened in real life. They don't because there is absolutely no reason. In Metru-Nui, some 70,000 years later, they no doubt have surpassed us, and could surpass us even further if they cared to. But they've got everything working as it needs to, so no reason to work on it further.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

1st, He's a genetically altered toa. That makes it hard to detect. He's the same size as a toa, has all the physical attibutes of a toa, and wears amour like a toa. That alone makes him hard to spot.2nd, these are dark hunters we're talking about. They can make records, if not make a story that fits in with records.3rd, there are many toa that have gone MIA since the beginning of the war. It'd be easy to take an existing name.4th, Elemental powers can be emulated by his hand, which shoots plasma. If you want to get technical, he can't shoot it out of both hands, but a show of plasma would be display enough.The dark hunters are as advanced as Metru Nui is. They could create a Dark Hunter that could slip by all the check points.-Bane

BZRPG profiles

Genetically altered, but there would still be things that would set them off.Certain genes in certain chromosomes serve as markers for a species.You know, we humans share a lot of genes with bananas. There are some genetic markers, though, in bananas that we humans don't have. Things like that.It would still be easily detectable.

profiles i guess

Notice how I said minimum?You can always try to break in. But I trust Zarayna or LL or TD or Aderia can come up with the necessary challenges. I'll pitch in to the process if needed, since Truahkia would have thrown ideas in during planning as well, and that's the character who's just as smart as I am.Reaper is even smarter...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

There are simple tricks for defeating your blood sample, Kal. Blood taken from a toa could be inserted into his bloodstream, or put underneath his armour.You have a point, Zevhor. We'll just see who has the better mind when it comes down to it.That reminds me. Me and Lorax are teaming up to capture Reaper. I like a challenge.-Bane

BZRPG profiles

Blood taken from a Toa could be inserted into his bloodstream.And then destroyed by an autoimmune reflex due to being from a completely different species.Under his armour?They'd probably wonder where that blood is coming from when it starts coming out and they haven't stuck the needle in anywhere near far enough.

profiles i guess

@ Bane;1. That does not work. At all. Do you know how bad it is to inject something foreign directly into your bloodstream? There's a reason we don't use needles to take in fruit juice. Besides how delicious it tastes. Also, blood vs. blood is a terrible idea. With humans, an individual with a different blood type can't even give blood to another. That's not even considering different species.And what Kal said.2. Heh.3. That's lovely. You can go ahead and try.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

@ Grochi;Nah, he can try the idea. I won't even send my characters after him. But the ways he's proposed so far aren't going to work. He'll need to think like James Bond.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

You won't even get near that character. The idea of you even getting me to headquarters is crazy. We'll see what happens. My original idea might not work, but ideas can be changed.-Bane

BZRPG profiles

I can actively avoid your characters, Kal. Even though you have the insane ability to find and interact with anyone, I can avoid you.You won't, if what I think happens happens.-Bane

BZRPG profiles

You seem to forget that I have both a sniper, and an extremely stealthy and paranoid assassin in this game, both of whom would have to be excellent trackers for their skills.Your argument is invalid. They could see you, but you wouldn't be able to see them.

profiles i guess

If he succeeds in infiltrating, I could always have Velkarno latch onto him. Having to listen to a bard following you is only the 3rd most annoying thing in the world (preceded by those Twilight fans who camp outside the theater for days, and polka) but it's still bad.@ Grochi;And I have Truahkia, who is recycled from Gangs of Metru-Nui. When I recycle characters, unlike a JPG, they become more awesome. So he's ascended to a new plane of awesome.Levacius is a name I've used since my very first playthrough of The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, many, many years ago.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

It's twelve times better, but it's still more annoying.For the record, Justin Biebers voice comes in at #4, tied with his fans. The Mass Effect ending is #5, and CoD fanboys are #6BUT ON SUBJECT, just wanted to say I would have called the entire genetics discussion silly, being Bionicle, if it weren't for the fact that the cells of individuals would need chromosomes in order to reproduce and repair themselves. They can heal, so that must be present.But no Meiosis. Just Mitosis.@ paragon;After all that work, you would rather retcon them then let us give them epic death posts and take their stuff?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I'm pretty sure Zarayna agreed with me on the Review topic that Bionicle characters don't reproduce. I could pull that up if I need to.And he's the boss, so you have to do what he says.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well, there's also the fact that Aclaraung isn't a typical Bionicle character, and that I invented his species/subspecies, depending on which RPG you're in.But meh, I can't follow through anything like that anyways, I'd probably break a bunch o' rules.

profiles i guess

@ paragon;You're no fun. Island of Pain etiquette was that you'd give up your character and somebody would kill them off to demonstrate that anybody and everybody can and quite possibly will die. Except Armadijo or Rakata. That was a lot of good equipment that magically vanished when Armadjio dropped, but Rakatas characters littered the fores for later looting. Arillan ended up carrying a bunch of Kanohi and weapons. So was one of Magnus Greels characters. He had, like, eight Kanohi and a whole arsenal of weapons.@ Grochi;Do not provide demonstrations, there are children.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

This isn't Island of Pain. And in Island of Pain I had most of my characters either just vanish or explode.I put more work in Legio's swords than the characters. Save for the names. I am really bad at naming. And I would prefer if no one got the swords.

^ This guy is no fun.Grochi, if Truahkia dies, I want you to have his Khopesh. Because Khopesh is a funny sounding word. I don't care what it takes, you get that Khopesh. And you do Khopesh things with it. Like disarming people and stabbing them.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

^ This guy is no fun.Grochi, if Truahkia dies, I want you to have his Khopesh. Because Khopesh is a funny sounding word. I don't care what it takes, you get that Khopesh. And you do Khopesh things with it. Like disarming people and stabbing them.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
:DLev.I didn't know you liked Khopesh's as much as I do.

profiles i guess

I don't run a fortress, but that's because the government turned my proposition down on account of being 217 years old and illegally downloading the soundtrack to a Smurfs game. They told me that's a felony.
Best post to come out of this Discussion topic ever.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: These knowledge towers are big - like multi-story bulidings. I said this was a small one, but even so, I can't see a pair of frost beetles absorbing the impact - by all rights they should be squished paper-thin.
OOC: Okay, I guess my character's dead then.
He doesn't have to be dead unless that's what you want. It is still possible to escape, just not by hiding under frost beetles.For example, you could say that your character made a fissure in the ground and hid inside that while the tower crashed down on top. He then uses his earth powers to make a tunnel under the ground that takes him back to the coliseum of wherever. That would ift what has been RPed since and still keep your guy alive.

ppg2.png

He doesn't have to be dead unless that's what you want. It is still possible to escape, just not by hiding under frost beetles.For example, you could say that your character made a fissure in the ground and hid inside that while the tower crashed down on top. He then uses his earth powers to make a tunnel under the ground that takes him back to the coliseum of wherever. That would ift what has been RPed since and still keep your guy alive.
Ah, thanks for moving this discussion to this topic, I kinda forgot this topic existed. ^_^;I won't be able to post for a while, so that's why I considered just ditching the character. I guess I can just edit the post but leave Dradak's whereabouts open-ended for the time being... Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]