Aloft: Castle In The Sky

Blessed Blade

IC: Tenzan - Faithful landing -I watched as Janaalra fought the dreadful beast. I fought the urge to jump in there and aid her, I knew she had to do it alone...but it felt wrong to just watch...Meanwhile Havon stumbled out of the airship, still drunk as a skunk. "Woahhh...." he said as he noticed the dragon. "Am I still seeing things or is that real?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Knew I missed something!-==IC: Dragon==-That hurt. The Dragon screeched out in pain, and quickly flew into the air, trying to either drag Janaalra into the air, pull the sword out of her grip, or free the sword from it's tail.

IC: Skarr: Yksfolt:Skarr noticed her surprise "don't let their look fool you" he said as he looked at his wings and back "I can't really fly with them, not yet anyways.My names Skarr."

Edited by light Laser

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Skarr: Yksfolt:"Just to say hello. Its not that often I meet someone"OOC: actually I wanted to interact with some one and you said "open for interaction".

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Janaalra: Resedomanadia:Janaalra grunted as she was yanked into the air. The sword was dislodged quickly and she grabbed onto the dragon's right-rear leg, wrapping her arms and legs around it. She fiddled with her sword on the other side of the leg, trying to get a better grip on it without letting go of the dragon's leg and falling to the ground.

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???An echo of laughter rang through Shaaltar's mind. It was Sykar's laughter!The voice that spoke, he realized, was also the same as the one used by his leader. It said, "You are a fool. To believe that the absence of pain means that it cannot be inflicted. Believe me, Agori. Pain can come at any time."One of the Glatorian behind them suddenly let out a gasp. Were any to turn, they would watch him pull out a dagger and pull it across his own neck, slitting his throat. He then began screaming as much as he could, releasing even more blood, which he swatted at as though spiders were crawling out of his throat."You. You have a stronger will than that one. But strength of will is limited - yours. Is. Limited. Yours is that of a mortal, limited, finite, measurable. By coming here, into these ruins, you are as unto worm before what you face. You face those who your ancestors called gods. The true, old gods."OOC: You know that movie Constantine?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Dragon==-The dragon growled, as it tried to kick Janaalra off, even as it flew around, however, it crashed through one of the pieces of the building near the ruins, and dazed itself by accident, since it was focusing more on the Agori that was grabbing a free ride.

OOC: You know that movie Constantine?
OOC: Can't say I do.IC: Shaaltar: Resedomanadia:So you're old as dirt. Congratulations. The Agori thought back sarcastically.IC: Janaalra: Resedomanadia:Just as Janaalra was thinking she wouldn't be able to hold on any longer, the dragon crashed and stopped kicking for a moment. She used this opportunity to scramble up onto the dragon's back.

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???"Older." the voice replied to Shaaltar, with an equal amount of snark in its tone. "What brings you here? Your leader, his purpose is clear. Others follow out of blind devotion, or out of the desire to become legends. Others follow for their own, more base desires. And you? What is it you seek, Agori?"Not that the voice really needed the confirmation. Or perhaps it did. What could be certain?To Sykar, the voice continued. "You don't even know if its here. For all you know, the Air Pirates could have taken it already. And yet you persist. It almost makes me sad that you have to die.""Agori's greatest fear is to die forgotten. You claim to deny that fear, as you claim to deny them all. You seek to make yourself as unto the name of your group - a machine, perfect in operation, and operating only to operate. A self-fulfilling purpose. You seek to deny your own nature. You seek to deny all of nature. But what you cannot deny is its rules - the law of entropy, that would dissolve your world from your hands, like sand slipping through an hourglass."OOC: Congratulations. You're teaching the unseen force the concepts of snark. I hope you're proud of yourself, Burnmad.I'm quite sure your reactions would be very different from this if you were actually presented with these situations. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: Well sor-ry, I thought that the older-than-dirt presence claiming to be a god would have at least already known of sarcasm. =PAlso, of course. I'm not Shaaltar. Even the characters I do try to make similar to myself are thousands upon thousands of years old, whereas I'm only 14 and would be terrified if I was in this situation.IC: Shaaltar: Resedomanadia:I've come here because it's my duty as a member of The Machine, Shaaltar thought. He would be as irritating as possible to this unseen force.

OOC: I'm almost three thousand. And if my friends slit his throat and slapped his blood like spiders, I'd be freaking out and running away. After I grabbed his body. Never know when you need lion bait.[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???"Of course. Is that not what a Machine does? Many pieces, all doing one thing. No free will. No desires. You cannot be machines, for you, as mortals, desire something more. You cannot be machines, for a true machine would be... eternal. But you, your forms, they are weak. Frail.""Why do you follow Sykar, then? Is it because he's the brightest - the best. Or is it because you know he will take the fall for you in the end?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???"Is that so? You know it isn't - if the Machine falls, your 'noble' leader would be the one judged. You would be free to return to your life, and he would fall for you. If he dies here, history won't remember you as a member. It will only remember him as the leader. And he will be forgotten just as quickly as your little children's club, by you and everybody else.""You refuse to answer. Another of the traits held by children. Perhaps you're closer than I could have imagined."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Skarr: Yksfolt:"My test flight in Dwinheim didn't go so well." he than shrugged and he's wings fell to the ground again "just on a walk" he replied answering her question, "I might walk around for a while or maybe go to the Floating Shadow and get something to eat, actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea" he said sounding like he had half forgotten about the glatorian, "If you'd like you can come with.".

Edited by light Laser

lhikan_banner.png

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???"Older." the voice replied to Shaaltar, with an equal amount of snark in its tone. "What brings you here? Your leader, his purpose is clear. Others follow out of blind devotion, or out of the desire to become legends. Others follow for their own, more base desires. And you? What is it you seek, Agori?"Not that the voice really needed the confirmation. Or perhaps it did. What could be certain?To Sykar, the voice continued. "You don't even know if its here. For all you know, the Air Pirates could have taken it already. And yet you persist. It almost makes me sad that you have to die.""Agori's greatest fear is to die forgotten. You claim to deny that fear, as you claim to deny them all. You seek to make yourself as unto the name of your group - a machine, perfect in operation, and operating only to operate. A self-fulfilling purpose. You seek to deny your own nature. You seek to deny all of nature. But what you cannot deny is its rules - the law of entropy, that would dissolve your world from your hands, like sand slipping through an hourglass."OOC: Congratulations. You're teaching the unseen force the concepts of snark. I hope you're proud of yourself, Burnmad.I'm quite sure your reactions would be very different from this if you were actually presented with these situations. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
OOC: I probably wouldn't have even signed up for the mission. But if I were like Sykar, well...-==IC: Sykar==-Sykar smirked."Oh; I do. You reactions are telling me exactly what I want to know. What I am looking for, would be in the deepest, most guarded, spot of the ruins; one that, even if the typical explorer would get here, they would be dead long before that, from fear. I'm not your typical explorer. I understand I can't deny nature's rules... However, things can be repaired. And besides; I don't care. Maybe I have a defect, I don't really care. All I want, is to figure out a certain... mystery." Sykar stated to the voice; continuing to head closer to where he figured his goal was.OOC: I think I can actually explain something, due to this. It's actually rather intriguing how well it works, too. Want me to tell you in PM, Lev?-==IC: Dragon==-The Dragon growled, as the pesky Agori crawled onto his back. He tried to move, but he was still rather dazed, and lost his balance, instead falling to the side, instead appearing to attempt to kill the Agori by rolling over, even if it was by accident. Edited by XIII. Roxas

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???"What makes you think I want you to leave?" the voice responded. "You're some of my first company since well before your birth."OOC: Yeah, Blade, I have no idea what's going on. I'm just pretending I do. Of course, you don't know what's going on with the voice and stuff either. :PDoes anybody know what's happening here?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

-==IC: Sykar==-"I don't know; what makes you think I think you want me to leave? I never said anything to that effect." Sykar stated; apparently this conversation was quickly turning into a literal conversation between Sykar and seemingly a copy of Sykar, in terms of mannerisms.OOC: This is actually quite amusing. =P

IC: Zed Brakar - Airship, ResedomanadiaZed paused for a moment, quickly remembering that he was the one who was supposed to be flying this thing. He practically flung himself over to the steering wheel, grabbing it with two hands, before spinning it over to the right.The airship followed his silent command, twisting in midair so that its flight path would curve around the side of the ruins exterior."That's it, girl," he whispered, "Nice and steady..."His right hand slid down to the altitude control, bringing the craft into a gentle descent towards the ancient city."Strap yourself in Crigg." he said quickly, "This might get bumpy."Slowly, the airship arced downwards, headed for a remote, shadowy spot a little ways away from the Machine airship. With an abrupt thud, the craft hit the ground, the landing struts crumpling under the weight of the ship."Well," Zed said with an ironic chuckle, "That was fun."IC: Del Strata - Floating Shadow, LarlekI sat back down behind the counter, idling waiting for someone, anyone, to show up and order something. To my surprise, I noticed a trio of beings approaching the restaurant (Drem, Ignatius, Skarr). A motley assortment of strangers if there ever was one.But maybe a paying, motley assortment of strangers.I waved through the window, hoping to at least attract their attention.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

KaelenIC: Kaelen moved up to a little behind Sykar.OOC: Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Silvan: Because that appears to be the motto of the game. =P Also, new character, but profile won't be up for a little bit.-==IC: Streia, Larlak==-A female water tribe Agori walked through the streets of Larlak, rather randomly. She was looking for work, but that wasn't something that really came easily. However, she looked over as three people were about to pass by a restaurant, or bar, or whatever the establishment was, and walked up to it as well, intending to actually go into the restaurant, regardless of what the other three were going to do.

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???"Ah. You are getting close now."The area that the Machine had wandered into, previously darkened, suddenly flared to radiant light. There was a massive room - the ceiling easily being one hundred feet, and the circular room being eight hundred across in diameter. The source of the light was unknown - indeed, it just seemed like the room was bright for no clear reason. One thing it revealed was that the members of the Machine who had initially followed Sykar had now dropped in number by at least four.At the far end of the room was massive face - the face of a Glatorian, with a helmet from which sprouted two long spikes continuing forward. The bat shaped icon of the ruins old coat of arms was clearly seen on the front, forehead area of the helm. It wasn't alone - there were statues of Glatorian and Agori warriors all around the perimeter of the room, holding strange swords of some archaic design (OOC: Spoiler. They're Khopeshes.) in the form of a salute. The statues themselves were a wonder of nearly fifty feet each.In the center of the room was a strange inscription. A historian would note it as being an old symbol often applied to the shields used by the Skrall during the later days of the Core War. Strange - this was a symbol also seen on Great Being technologies, and Sykar could vaguely recall a blueprint of some sort showing it. What could it be doing here?At the front of the Great Symbol, which was itself some eighty feet across, was a small pedestal. The pedestal, were one to approach it, was noted as having an inscription. Any others there would see nothing but nonsense, but Sykar would see the inscription reading - Blood is the KeyAlso, the pedestal would project a beam of pure energy that would turn into a golden dagger, hovering in place until somebody took it.OOC: Yes, I just finished the Alduin's Wall quest in Skyrim again. No, I don't care what you think.Also, in case anyone asks - Where do you think the Great Beings got the design for the Valley of the Maze from? More importantly - where did this ancient civilization get it from? Dun-dun-dun.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Sykar==-Sykar smiled; puzzled as to this room, but he was certain this would hold the answers he needed; as him, and a secondary commander he had brought along, headed toward the pedestal."I think this is it." Sykar stated, as he walked up to the pedestal, and grabbed the dagger, eying it for the moment.OOC: Does it just require blood, or does it need to be specific blood? Just wish to check quickly first. =P

OOC: It's just your average, giant stone head door sealed by blood magic. It just wants blood. But how much?Spoilers - You need a whole persons worth.[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - ???Behind Kaelen, the leg of a spider reached over his shoulder. Before he could even draw weapons, the leg reared up and impaled itself through his chest... and vanished as it did so, leaving him physically unharmed.OOC: What's with the spider obsession? Because spiders are boss. Is this the spider ruin? No. Does anybody care? No. Because spiders are boss.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

KaelenIC: "Something about those statues bugs me." Thought Kaelen. He was staying back with the rest of the group for now. Although he kept his eye out for anything that looked promising to snag.Before he could do anything though, a spider stabbed him in th- no wait, he was still alive. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.Oh great. Psionic attaks.He had received some training about how to deal with them, but they had only skimmed the surface of that battleground. Deciding to go with what he had, Kaelen closed his eyes and dove into the recesses of his mind, searching out the intruder.OOC: I have not played Skyrim or watched a full walkthrough so I have no idea what this is based off of.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: I definitely would have run by now. Fictional spiders? Perfectly fine. Real ones? Nada, no way, I'd be gone. =P-==IC: Sykar==-As Sykar looked over the dagger, his second-in-command walked up behind him."Sir... What is the plan?" He asked, as Sykar ignored the hulking being for a moment, and then quickly lashed out with his dagger, slicing through the upper legs of both limbs the Second in command had."My plan is my own, and is not to be rushed." Sykar stated coldly, as he stabbed the arms of the Glatorian before he could react."See; I know you've been plotting to overthrow me; I've known it since before we left. And what better of a way for you to die, than to further my plans?" Sykar asked with a smirk, as he stabbed the Glatorian in the heart or heartlight, or whatever Glatorian have.OOC: I forget whether Glatorian have heartlights as well or not.

OOC: I question Kaelen knowing what a psionic attack is, or how to defend yourself. Considering nobody save the Element Lords had powers, and theirs were over completely different elements.But it matters not. Toa of Psionics would be in danger, here.[Co-GM]IL: ResedomandiaNPCs - ???The second in command collapsed onto the front of the seal. The pattern seemed to be greedily accepting his flowing blood, which began flowing through the entire maze pattern, pooling in the center but also extending as red energy out to the far corners.There was a great yawning sound as the entire room began to shift and change. The head at the far end of the room began to change, the mouth and its sides peeling away and revealing a huge opening into the main areas of the ruin that were beyond.In addition, the statues arms began to rise, pointing their blades to the ceiling above. There was a groan as the area directly above the blood seal began to slide away, revealing a huge opening up to the surface of the ruins. The drop from there down Sykar figured would be some 200 feet, based on how far down they had gone.The dagger remained. Now, rather than golden, it had taken on a coloration as red as the second in commands blood. It also appeared to be longer and... somehow, hungry.There was one thing more. Sykar felt the uncontrollable, subtle desire to keep it. He wouldn't even realize it, but any time he felt the need to get rid of it, he would always push back those urges. The dagger had found a new wielder, and it wouldn't leave.OOC: First magic item - +2 Magic Dagger. Cursed. Grows stronger with each victim, and longer, until it becomes a 30" long blade after enough victims have been, well, killed. Cannot be separated from wielder.It's fitting the machine leader gets the first treasure. Even if it's also the worst piece of it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

KaelenIC: The noise of the head and statues moving broke him out of his meditation. After waiting a second to make sure that nothing was going to drop on them he headed forward, through the new opening and out into the ruins. As ever, being very careful about it.OOC: Female Skrall, as far as I remember, they have always had their Psionic powers. I don't find it that hard to believe that they could have found or hired one to practice with.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Janaalra: Resedomanadia:Janaalra scrambled onto the dragon's underside as it rolled over. She thrust her sword down at its gut.IC: Shaaltar: Resedomanadia:After waiting for someone else to go through first, Shaaltar walked through the new opening into the main area of the ruins.IC: Crigg: Outside Resedomanadia:Crigg was jostled slightly by the rough landing of the airship. He jumped over the railing, onto the ground, and began walking toward The Machine's airship.

OOC: It's fitting in more than one way, actually. >=)-==IC: Sykar==-Sykar smirked, as he followed Shaaltar; though he kept an eye on the minion; he appeared to try to go ahead of the leader too often; and if he tried to betray him like the last second-in-command... Sykar picked up his pace, and walked beside Shaaltar."Since I have a sudden vacancy; how would you like to be my second-in-command? It'll mean you get to know the thing I'm planning, once we get out of here." Sykar explained, following the rules of 'keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer'.-==IC: Dragon==-The sword, despite the scales being about as strong as normal armour; just so happened to hit a weak spot. The dragon, now in pain due to being impaled, roared out, and flipped over, as it weakly attempted to fly out of the tower it had crashed into, and also attempted to whack Janaalra away, in an attempt to get her out as well.-==IC: Seiran==-Seiran frowned, as she shook her head."I have a bad feeling..." Seiran muttered, as the ground started to shake, as what Sykar did in the ruins, opened up a hole, letting them see down into it."... Make that a very bad feeling..."

Edited by XIII. Roxas

OOC: Janaalra should end up riding the dying dragon into the ruins. =PIC: Janaalra: Resedomanadia:Janaalra grunted as she was flung into a stone by the dragon's violently flipping over. She sprang back up and waited for the beast's next move.IC: Shaaltar: Resedomanadia:Shaaltar blinked. His first thought was that Sykar must be truly heartless, although he quickly decided that the Glatorian simply did what needed to be done. His previous second-in-command had apparently been conspiring against him. Shaaltar likely would have killed the traitor too. Whether or not he was heartless was irrelevant, he did what was necessary, so he was really just a good leader.So, since that was settled, Shaaltar used the short amount of time he figured he had before Sykar changed his mind to decide whether or not being Sykar's right-hand-man would be worth it. He quickly decided that it would. Plus, it was a promotion. Promotions are always good, right? So, trying not to sound like a fool, he answered, "Sure."