Aloft: Castle In The Sky

Blessed Blade

[Co-GM]IL: ResdomanadiaNPCs - The Prince"Thank you." he said to Cotan, giving a nod.He chuckled at what Sykar said. "Done what, hmm? The killing of most of your men? The ruining of this city? Oh, no, none of that. I've been that little voice in the head. I've had some control, but the ruins are alive. This whole place... it's alive. Each stone is filled with the souls of the dead trapped here, and the spirits of numerous demons from other realms. If you could see what I see, Sykar, you would tremble at the sight. The one who has participated may already be seeing parts of it."While Cotan stood there, he was indeed occasionally seeing weird things. Small, impish beings rushing across the room. Shadows where the light shouldn't have made them appear. It was only minor things, but he could indeed feel at a heightened level the wrongness of the place."But if it's the ruining of the city, that wasn't me. That was the entire armies of Spherus Magna coming together to kill the one who was their king by birthright, murdering him. Or, at least, trying. Dear old daddy couldn't stay dead, you see. With my powers, that of numerous demons, and all that, he was far too strong for normal mortals to kill. They say even his dreams were so powerful that they manifested as another creature, one that desired those of others in a vain attempt to achieve the strength of his.""Or at least, that's what I think they said." he said with a shrug. "I was dead at that point."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - The PrinceThe Prince sighed, then aimed his hand. A red beam struck Arontak, and his heart began to beat faster than it ever had before. His own blood was taken from his control, and despite all efforts to resist, he fell to his knees, kneeling."Yes, kneel to your Prince." he said before releasing control. He looked up from the fallen being and said, "None of you will hope to achieve that level of control within your lifetime. Theoretically. There's the fact that the blood magic will probably shorten your lifespan to another ten, twenty thousand years remaining as the Great Beings modifications slowly shut down and you revert to pure Agori, masters of nature and technology rather than ruled by them. Of course, if you do manage to get good enough, you'll be able to sap the life force out of other people and unnaturally prolong your lifespan for another... fifty, sixty thousand after that? More? There's all sorts of hypothetical texts. We didn't used to be like you are now, you know. There's a reason you don't have wizards - those changes to your bodies are restrictions, not aids. The Great Beings feared magic and magical sources, which is why they stripped these ruins of so many of their treasures. They knew it could rival them, and they did not understand it, so... obsessed with technology. Or, at least, that's the impression the ones who came here left. I was dead. Still am. Sort of."OOC: Hair aside, he still doesn't look human. Imagine if you took little tiny hairs and made a beard on the head of your Glatorian set.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Arontak

After being forced to his knees, he slowly got up. He imagined what he could do with even a fraction of that power. "I will." he said to The Prince.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC-Cotan:Despite the Prince's saying that they would never achieve that level of control, Cotan was already doing what he could to learn and memorize what was happening-it was as though, for a split instant, he could see the energy gather before the beam shot out. This would definitely require study-more than ever he had needed for his sword-but it would pay off."I wonder...could you explain to me just why I suddenly see all of these imps moving about us?"

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - The Prince"Then take the goblet and fill it with blood." the Prince said. "Then cast it on the blood seal. It doesn't seem that hard."OOC: Unfortunately for Cotan, the Prince is right. He wasn't born (the term 'entered into the world' being unnecessary, thanks to Glatorian having biological functions) with the magical energy required to attain full blood magic powers. Especially by the end of the RPG. Unless, of course, you killed somebody with those powers and had some way to drain them.... that little talk about the Atlar comes to mind.Not to mention that he apparently has more than just blood magic, what with the illusions and telepathy.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: ArontakEager to gain such power, he took the goblet, and after cutting his wrist, filled it with his blood. He cringed at the blood loss, but knew it was for good. He then cast it on the seal.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - The PrinceThe Prince gladly took the goblet back and filled it with his own blood before returning it to Arontak. "Go on, drink up. It's not poison. I promise."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

KaelenIC: While everybody else was talking about the blood magic, Kaelen had run over to the party member that had tried to attack the Prince. While he checked the person over he resisted the urge to gag at what the rest of the party was considering. Things like that should be left alone, they never turned out good.He was sure that the semi-revived being talking to everybody could hear his thoughts but he did not care.OOC: If elemental powers and masks that let you hear the other persons thoughts don't count as magic then I don't know what does.The guy is just unconscious right?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC-Cotan:Cotan watched quietly as Arontak went through the same convulsions he did, thinking carefully-but thoughts he would never have thought before.Would killing the man, finding some way to drain his energy grant him more power? Or would he sacrifice his blood to one of the daemons moving about these ruins? Or, perhaps, they could work together to gain power equally...No. That must not be allowed to happen-One would be stronger, and one would be dead. But not yet-Cotan kept his hand from the hilt on his sword. No, Arontak couldn't die yet. But soon.

profiles i guess

[Co-GM}IC: The Prince / Resedomanadia"Is that all?" the Prince asked as he surveyed the room. With no more stepping forwards, he disintegrated the goblet and said, "Then be on your way. I'm usually not in such a good mood, but feeding off your psychic energy to restore my mind is leaving me a bit baffled still. Plus the positive emotions are coming back first, which is weird. So shoo. Before I demonstrate how I tore my own brothers eyes out the moment he was born. Ooh... oh, yes, that was a lovely time, wasn't it? I certainly want to get that kind of satisfaction again."OOC: He would have been a more corrupted king than his dad, BTW. Don't feel sorry for him.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

KaelenIC: He splashed some water from his flask on the face of the party member and patted his cheeks until he woke up. At the crazy Princeling's last words he helped the other man to his feet and set off the way they had come.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: @Burnmad: You rang?IC: Navu"There probably will be." Navu replied bitterly, not keen on repeating the experience of his previous jump. Maybe he'd ask Talkon to jump first next time. With everyone across, they made their way up the spiral staircase, leading even higher up the city and to a web of interconnected bridges. There were three different paths, minus the one they came from, each leading to a different destination."Left, middle or right?"

OOC: Poor Joskirre might not have even truly yelled that out. He should be feeling very paranoid about now. =P-==IC: Streia==-"I say middle." Streia said with a shrug, choosing the obvious route.-==IC: Kreinan==-"Hmm... No; I don't recall there being any treasure in sight there." Kreinan said, and pulled out a map, and showed it to 7."Pick a set of ruins randomly."

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCS - The Prince"Figure it out." he said, shrugging. His voice changed to a much deeper, more forceful tone as he shouted, "Now leave my presence at once, peasants."OOC: Grochi, post that blasted list on the Discussion topic like I told you. Everybody in the Machine - probably should leave before he gets antsy and becomes hostile.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Really, how does he control it?IC: ArontakSeeing that The Prince was becoming angry, and knowing his power, Arontak turned and began to leave, hoping he could figure out how to use his powers.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC-Cotan:Cotan, instead of leaving hurriedly like the others, instead took the time to give the Prince a low bow-something to appease his pride, surely-before he turned and left, his thoughts still upon what to do.Though, soon enough, he decided-he might have to find one of these imps, and see what it might do for him. After that...Arontak would die.

profiles i guess

IC-Cotan:"Different," the Glatorian replied. "Shadows dance across my vision like never before, imps run about, watching us, waiting...As well, I can feel a...hunger, almost. For more." A shadow passed over Cotan's face at these words."Thoughts I do not wish to think, yet I think them now...And they feel all too right."

profiles i guess

OOC:.... XDIC: 77 looked down at the map, and studied it for a few moments. After a bit, he said, "Vizarna.""I trust that my answer is satisfactory, sir?"
-==IC: Kreinan==-"Sounds good to me; though I'm not entirely certain what will happen there. Alright, then! Let's go!" Kreinan said, as the group headed back toward the airship quickly.
[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCS - The Prince"Figure it out." he said, shrugging. His voice changed to a much deeper, more forceful tone as he shouted, "Now leave my presence at once, peasants."OOC: Grochi, post that blasted list on the Discussion topic like I told you. Everybody in the Machine - probably should leave before he gets antsy and becomes hostile.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
-==IC: Sykar==-Sykar nodded, and bowed, and then walked out of the room, as the group, which was noticeably smaller than when they went in, began to make their way out of the ruins. Sykar, however, simply smiled, as he looked at the gemstone-like object he held in his hand.The first of the four Keys... And then the plan will be fully unleashed.OOC: 1/15 ruins complete, and Sykar's one quarter of the way to his plan's completion.

IC: 7By now, 7 had come to expect the wild charge that immediately followed the Captian yelling, 'Let's GO!' While it was certainly an unorganized and somewhat messy means of travel, it was fast. Doubtlessly, the Captain valued time very much. Why else always run around?OOC: 7, a robot with no concept of 'fun.' XD

-==IC: Kreinan==-After everyone had piled onto the airship, it quickly hovered into the air, and took off toward Vizarna."Alright crew, you know what to do, once we get there, we raid the entire set of ruins."

[Co-GM]IL: ResedomanadiaNPCs - The Prince, ???As the group left the Key Chamber, the Prince focused on opening the many gates and passageways on their way out. The earth started to rumble..."Oh, dad, you never had any patience..." he mumbled. It was too soon - he couldn't let him wake up yet. Not until he restored the power that he had. Not until the Daemon who held his power had been slain. The Daemon still trapped under the ruins.Not any longer. He needed merely release the beast. It would terrorize the land, murdering people. Destroying any cities that were still on the world, if there were any - he suspected the City in the Sky may be the last of them. Yes, a flying city. The perfect base of operations. He knew not what the so called Protodermis that had sundered the world was, but he knew one thing - he could piece it back together. And then rule over it.Because after all, what kind of cheesy villain would he be to desire to take over the world?The earth shook again, and he activated his powers. The fact it would delay the old man waking up did no harm, either. The close proximity to that Daemon was only assisting him. But once it was free...Resedomanadia, SurfaceIn the center of the city, far away from the Machine and Faithful soldiers, was a large crypt - a tomb to seal away a powerful evil. Surrounding it were eight serpent heads, each with a different carving and design. Lightning struck from the clear sky above, hitting each of them and causing the stone to shatter away, revealing the eight massive heads of a massive, eight headed snake.The retreated into the ground, to their home. After a while, they burst through the ground. The beast, with a body like a mountain, burst forwards, visible even from all of those miles away as it sundered the earth with its movements - larger than the largest of dinosaurs, with heads able to devour Dragons.Orochi had returned.OOC: So ends Resedomanadia, Act 1. Stay tuned for Act 2, and a battle that could only happen if I had played Okami recently.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kreinan==-"Pretty valuable, wh-" Kreinan started to ask, as multiple Bone Hunters gasped. Kreinan frowned, and walked to the window, as his eyes widened at the sight."Get out of here; get out of here now!!" Kreinan yelled in a panic to the crew members controlling the ship; the giant beast that had just appeared was something to definitely not mess with.-==IC: Sykar==-Sykar frowned, as he felt the earth rumble."What on Bota Magna was that...?" Sykar muttered, as he picked up his pace, and hurried toward the exit...

IC-Cotan:"Something we probably don't want to fight," Cotan suggested. "Probably bigger than any of us, fiercer, probably odd physiology...You know, monsters and daemons and things like that. Typical for a haunted tomb." He shrugged, and drew his sabre."Shall we go and meet it?"

profiles i guess

KaelenIC: His footsteps echoed in the empty corridors as he ran towards the exit. Upon reaching it he stopped. A massive serpent-like thing was towering over the landscape. It had eight heads, each one a different color and shape with no two alike. They soared up into the sky, the main body was hidden beneath the trees and ground."I think we are going to need more people if we want to take that on" He said.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

KaelenIC: "Whatever it is, there is nothing we can do about it for the moment." Kaelen said, making his way towards their airship. "I just hope that it cant reach the City."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1