Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

Wow, Sonic Generations is $10 on Steam today. I just got ripped off >.<

I paid $50 for it on the 360. You're lucky.

And I got the deal of a life time. XD

What's that?
Yeah, I pre-ordered it on the 360, though I'm not sure if my PC could handle it anyways. :P And the deal of a life time he's referring to is probably getting Generations PC for only $10. Also, just got SADX through Steam, and it seems to play worse than the 360 version (or at least the demo I downloaded,) but that's partially because I'm using a keyboard. Anyone know how to use a 360 controller?
You have a wired or wireless controller?Wired should be plug in and play, but if not lemme know.EDIT: You need to download the latest Xbox 360 controller driver from Microsoft's website (search up "xbox 360 controller driver" on Google) and after it's done installing, you just plug in the controller, press the Guide button, and voila! Wireless, I'll check and edit this post.EDIT: So Wireless is basically Wired, except you need an Xbox 360 wireless receiver. Again, having the driver installed beforehand is necessary. The receiver plugs into your computer via USB, you press Connect on it and then press the Guide button on your controller. It should connect after a few seconds.I had way more work (not a lot :P) than this to get my PS3 controller hooked up.As for SADX, I'm not getting the remake. I'd much rather the original one that I have on PC, the one that supports multiple resolutions without fat blue borders.Oh yeah, just so you guys know, SEGA messed up the game's requirements. I have recommended specs, yes, but people with below those can still play the game. Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

Wow, Sonic Generations is $10 on Steam today. I just got ripped off >.<

I paid $50 for it on the 360. You're lucky.

And I got the deal of a life time. XD

What's that?
Yeah, I pre-ordered it on the 360, though I'm not sure if my PC could handle it anyways. :P And the deal of a life time he's referring to is probably getting Generations PC for only $10. Also, just got SADX through Steam, and it seems to play worse than the 360 version (or at least the demo I downloaded,) but that's partially because I'm using a keyboard. Anyone know how to use a 360 controller?
You have a wired or wireless controller?Wired should be plug in and play, but if not lemme know.EDIT: You need to download the latest Xbox 360 controller driver from Microsoft's website (search up "xbox 360 controller driver" on Google) and after it's done installing, you just plug in the controller, press the Guide button, and voila!Wireless, I'll check and edit this post.EDIT: So Wireless is basically Wired, except you need an Xbox 360 wireless receiver. Again, having the driver installed beforehand is necessary. The receiver plugs into your computer via USB, you press Connect on it and then press the Guide button on your controller. It should connect after a few seconds.I had way more work (not a lot :P) than this to get my PS3 controller hooked up.As for SADX, I'm not getting the remake. I'd much rather the original one that I have on PC, the one that supports multiple resolutions without fat blue borders.Oh yeah, just so you guys know, SEGA messed up the game's requirements. I have recommended specs, yes, but people with below those can still play the game.
Yeah, but I already have the device driver installed. All I needed to do was go to the title screen and then press start on the controller. (also I have 1 of each, wired and wireless, though once I get a charger for the latter, which uses a USB slot, I'll be able to use that one too.) As for Generations, even if it was only $10, I already have it for 360, it may not run as well on my computer, not to mention I have to get my friend a birthday gift soon. I think if anything, I'll go get Sonic CD, though I wish it was available on Steam, given that all their games are on sale, and getting it for $2-$3 would be freaking amazing, it would be more convenient than on my 360 (especially since I need to use a laptop to go online,) and I can't buy Microsoft Points with a Paypal account, meaning I'd have to buy a points card. Otherwise, I'd probably get Sonic CD, and Sonic 4, the latter of which is on sale for only 320 MSP (around $4.) Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

$4?Lucky 360 players. >_>Anyways, Sonic CD is amazing on any platform, and when I'm playing it on the PS3 it's even more so.

How far in are you?I made it to Metallic Madness Act 3 while I was waiting for some Unleashed DLC to download.Only got a good future in Quartz Quadrant, though.On the original version, though, I once got all good futures except half of Stardust Speedway, Metallic Madness, and I think Tidal Tempest.

Oh yeah, just so you guys know, SEGA messed up the game's requirements. I have recommended specs, yes, but people with below those can still play the game.

Yeah, I can just barely play it, and I'm under the MINIMUM system requirements. I think.I still want a new computer with a better graphics card.

I finished the game a week ago. Started playing again but time was cut because of Winter Break volunteering activities. :PStarted the game again, aiming for all Time Stones this time. I have so far not gotten a single good future. :(As for the 4.2 trailer...well, we saw the first teaser for 4.1 and it was pretty similar to the final game, so I'll assume the same this time. please GUD FISIKS SEGA!

Apparently I won one of those limited edition 20th anniversary statues from a site that starts with the letters D-E-S.Good to see that I will have accompaniment when playing Sonic Generations after 2 weeks, when it finally ships. :D

.......I'm so jealous now. Not only can you play Sonic Generations no prob, but you have a 20th statue too.Life's not fair.

Apparently I won one of those limited edition 20th anniversary statues from a site that starts with the letters D-E-S.Good to see that I will have accompaniment when playing Sonic Generations after 2 weeks, when it finally ships. :biggrin:

You lucky dog. How did you win it exactly? Most of them, aside from those given to Sonic Team employees or as bribes for magazine writers, have been given away as contest prizes. I was going to enter the "Sonic Snap!" contest, where you had to recreate a famous scene from a Sonic game/moive/whatever. I was thinking of doing the cover of Secret Rings, but I realized it would be too hard to make a realistic, flaming arrow, without photoshop (since it wasn't allowed.) The winner had a cutout that he passed light through, making a shadow of GHZ on the wall. It was pretty impressive. Some of the other ones were awesome too.

GUYYYYYYYSSSS!!!! SONIC 4.2 TEASER TRAILER IS OUT!!!! I'S EPIC!You can find it on Gamespot or on my channel on *the site that must not be named*If you're too lazy to watch it, here's some spoilers (from Gamespot):

-Tails is playable-Metal Sonic is in-New graphics engine-New physics engine-No WiiWare yet, only PSN, XBLA, iOS, Android, and Windows Phones.

Edit:

I can't stop doing speed runs on Rooftop Run Act 2, I'm not quite sure why. I'll be #1 on the leaderboards someday.http://i688.photobuc...gottagofast.jpg

Wow, that's fast. Edited by knuckles chaotix

Revamped physics and graphics, Tails, and Metal Sonic.All they need is Amy, Past, and Future and it'll be a modern version of CD's remake. :P@King Joe: Life isn't fair. :( You have my sympathy.And can't you play it on a console? You could send me your specs and I'll check if you can run it. Low settings are console settings, and not demanding at all.@Hyper Rarity: Their contest was to send them an email with the title "SUPER SONIC" and with the correct answers to 3 questions:1. How many Chaos Emeralds are there?2. Which company did Sonic Team partner with to introduce the grinding ability?3. Name one of the referenced stages in Rooftop Run Classic in Generations.Now, ANYONE here could get the questions right, but then there was the drawing, and yeah, apparently my name got selected.As for Sonic Snap, wasn't going to do it because I knew I was going to mess up and fail miserably. :P The Secret Rings cover idea was pretty good, but you could've had something in the way so you wouldn't get burned. :/As for Sonic 4.2...Pretty nice touch that they used the exact same trailer style as the teaser 2 years ago for 4.1. And if they get Tails and Sonic in right, that'd be sick.I'd love some online competition too, a la Sonic 2/3.

@King Joe: Life isn't fair. :( You have my sympathy.And can't you play it on a console? You could send me your specs and I'll check if you can run it. Low settings are console settings, and not demanding at all.

?All I have is a laptop, a DS lite, and a Wii.Otherwise I would have bought it for Xbox or something.Maybe.What exactly do you mean by console?

@King Joe: Life isn't fair. :( You have my sympathy.And can't you play it on a console? You could send me your specs and I'll check if you can run it. Low settings are console settings, and not demanding at all.

?All I have is a laptop, a DS lite, and a Wii.Otherwise I would have bought it for Xbox or something.Maybe.What exactly do you mean by console?
Meaning PS360.I see. :( You could try doing it on your lappy.

1. Wii U is probably a smart choice. Nintendo busted the Wii's online service by making it extremely limited.2. Vita is probably a dumb choice. Not only is it poorly selling, Forbes says that Sony's in huge trouble with the handheld. Seeing as most won't buy it (assuming it gets a similar reception in the West), then SEGA would be dumb to get it on there. No, it should stay on iOS, Android, and MAYBE 3DS. Maybe.So...After beating the game, getting all S-ranks, getting every single Red Ring (only 2 out of 90 from from a video site), and getting a decent amount of missions done and collectibles unlocked, my completion status was...62.3%Took me 13 hours to get here. :/

Ken Balough said that he was trying to get episode 2 on a wide array of systems.And the Vita is selling badly in Japan because the Japanese are more interested in smartphones for handheld gaming rather than handheld consoles, and the Japanese Vita is having issues that Sony will likely fix before it hits the west. IGN and Gamespot, as well as some others, have imported it, and they have said that it's great.As for the Red Rings, you're talking Generations, not Colors, right? Have you gotten all trophies, because that would get you 100% I think...

Edited by knuckles chaotix

Ken Balough said that he was trying to get episode 2 on a wide array of systems.And the Vita is selling badly in Japan because the Japanese are more interested in smartphones for handheld gaming rather than handheld consoles, and the Japanese Vita is having issues that Sony will likely fix before it hits the west. IGN and Gamespot, as well as some others, have imported it, and they have said that it's great.As for the Red Rings, you're talking Generations, not Colors, right? Have you gotten all trophies, because that would get you 100% I think...

Yes, Generations.And I've only got 9 more ACHIEVEMENTS left, not trophies. I got it on Steam, remember? Darned Walk on Water achievement, I ALWAYS fall into the Mega Muck at some point. <_<

Ken Balough said that he was trying to get episode 2 on a wide array of systems. And the Vita is selling badly in Japan because the Japanese are more interested in smartphones for handheld gaming rather than handheld consoles, and the Japanese Vita is having issues that Sony will likely fix before it hits the west. IGN and Gamespot, as well as some others, have imported it, and they have said that it's great. As for the Red Rings, you're talking Generations, not Colors, right? Have you gotten all trophies, because that would get you 100% I think...

Yes, Generations. And I've only got 9 more ACHIEVEMENTS left, not trophies. I got it on Steam, remember? Darned Walk on Water achievement, I ALWAYS fall into the Mega Muck at some point. <_<
Oh, the PC version has Achievements?And it's called Mega Mack, I believe. XDYeah, I don't know if I have that one. I'll have to check. I need the Greased Lightning one most of all.

Ken Balough said that he was trying to get episode 2 on a wide array of systems. And the Vita is selling badly in Japan because the Japanese are more interested in smartphones for handheld gaming rather than handheld consoles, and the Japanese Vita is having issues that Sony will likely fix before it hits the west. IGN and Gamespot, as well as some others, have imported it, and they have said that it's great. As for the Red Rings, you're talking Generations, not Colors, right? Have you gotten all trophies, because that would get you 100% I think...

Yes, Generations. And I've only got 9 more ACHIEVEMENTS left, not trophies. I got it on Steam, remember? Darned Walk on Water achievement, I ALWAYS fall into the Mega Muck at some point. <_<
Oh, the PC version has Achievements?And it's called Mega Mack, I believe. XDYeah, I don't know if I have that one. I'll have to check. I need the Greased Lightning one most of all.
1. Yes, it does. Steam has achievements. What did you think? XD2. It is Mega Mack. I typo'd.3. I got Walk on Water, and to be honest Greased Lightning was easy. I got the achievement while hunting for Red Rings.

1. Yes, it does. Steam has achievements. What did you think? XD2. It is Mega Mack. I typo'd.3. I got Walk on Water, and to be honest Greased Lightning was easy. I got the achievement while hunting for Red Rings.
IT WAS EASY!?!I've spent hours on it, and I couldn't do faster than 1:02!!

Muck. It's muck. Why would it be called Mack?It's muck in the comics too.

Pretty sure it's always been called Mack. Even in the comics.

IT WAS EASY!?!I've spent hours on it, and I couldn't do faster than 1:02!!
YES, EASY! I spent an hour or two on the JUNE demo and got under a minute on that one too!You know what's NOT easy? Can't Touch This. It's so annoying I almost ragequit. I still don't have it, but at least I stopped myself from ragequitting.

No, it wasn't a double post.EDIT: Got Can't Touch This.I'm probably going to regret getting this for PC simply because the game had some REALLY easy trophies, and I'd get an easy Platinum by getting this. Ah well.

Ah, I get what happened. I was looking back at old posts, and I accidentally quoted. my bad.

I have a bunch of sonic songs on my iPod, and Knight of the Wind is one of my favorites. What's your favorite Sonic tune?

Given that all the songs on my iPod (save for one that came pre-installed on it that I haven't deleted yet,) are Sonic, it'd be hard to pick a favorite.Also, anyone else notice that1) The trailer is very close the Episode 1's, save for the addition of Tails and Metal Sonic, and has no footage at all? (though after what happened with Episode 1 being leaked, I'm not too surprised.)2) A certain site (can't link to it,) called Tails a squirrel. That's just, weird.

I have a bunch of sonic songs on my iPod, and Knight of the Wind is one of my favorites. What's your favorite Sonic tune?

Given that all the songs on my iPod (save for one that came pre-installed on it that I haven't deleted yet,) are Sonic, it'd be hard to pick a favorite.Also, anyone else notice that1) The trailer is very close the Episode 1's, save for the addition of Tails and Metal Sonic, and has no footage at all? (though after what happened with Episode 1 being leaked, I'm not too surprised.)2) A certain site (can't link to it,) called Tails a squirrel. That's just, weird.
1. I have only Sonic and Bionicle songs, and readings of religious texts. To be honest, I'm not into music beyond the ones I mentioned.2. I said that a page ago. XD3. Wut.BTW, after about a year of just watching Sonic SATAM as my primary Sonic show, sometimes watching AOSTH, and having to turn away my face every time my cousin put on Underground, I'm back to watching Sonic X and maybe the movie.Which reminds me, make a Sonic movie. Seriously. SEGA, get Pixar or Dreamworks to work with you and make a Sonic movie. Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS