Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

And no, I don't think I've heard their latest song. What is it?

SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOOOOOM! (Save the planet from disaster!)And if there is a Sonic Adventure 3, please no Shadow or Silver. That's my only request. That, and Amy as well as Metal Sonic playable. And Unleashed gameplay.
Oh I thought you meant a new song, not a cover. :P Yeah, I've heard it (old news BTW,) and I for one like it as much as the original. Making me wish they had included it in Generations. Maybe when Generations gets DLC they can take advantage of the ability to swap out songs and have a song pack or two of DLC (though preferably either cheap like 100MSP or free since people with 360's can already play music through their console, not to mention other devices like phones, MP3 Players, or iPods.)
I mean that they released a studio version, not the live version. Also, Song of Hope is out. Again, it's the studio mix, and it sounds amazing!

Guyyyys! Stop it with these sequels of Dreamcast Era stuff. If we're getting a sequel anytime soon, it'll be either Sonic Colors 2 or Sonic Unleashed 2. Or a new Storybook game. And who here has heard Crush 40's newest song?

Erm... why?What's your reasoning behind this?
Because those were all recent games. I doubt that they'll make a sequel of a game that came out ten years ago. And before you say that Sonic 4 proves me wrong, Sonic 4 is an exception. People have been calling for the return of classic gameplay. Not many people want SA3 over a new Sonic game.

SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOOOOOM! (Save the planet from disaster!)And if there is a Sonic Adventure 3, please no Shadow or Silver. That's my only request. That, and Amy as well as Metal Sonic playable. And Unleashed gameplay.
Oh I thought you meant a new song, not a cover. :P Yeah, I've heard it (old news BTW,) and I for one like it as much as the original. Making me wish they had included it in Generations. Maybe when Generations gets DLC they can take advantage of the ability to swap out songs and have a song pack or two of DLC (though preferably either cheap like 100MSP or free since people with 360's can already play music through their console, not to mention other devices like phones, MP3 Players, or iPods.)
I mean that they released a studio version, not the live version. Also, Song of Hope is out. Again, it's the studio mix, and it sounds amazing!

Guyyyys! Stop it with these sequels of Dreamcast Era stuff. If we're getting a sequel anytime soon, it'll be either Sonic Colors 2 or Sonic Unleashed 2. Or a new Storybook game. And who here has heard Crush 40's newest song?

Because those were all recent games. I doubt that they'll make a sequel of a game that came out ten years ago. And before you say that Sonic 4 proves me wrong, Sonic 4 is an exception. People have been calling for the return of classic gameplay. Not many people want SA3 over a new Sonic game.
SA3 would be a new game, if it's not considered one, then neither would Colours 2 or Unleashed 2.Adventure games are among the most well known. Adventure 2 is arguably the most well loved Sonic game of the non classic generation. It's ridiculous to think that Sega won't ever return to an older style of play, especially when they just released a game paying homage to just that.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

SA3 would be a new game, if it's not considered one, then neither would Colours 2 or Unleashed 2.Adventure games are among the most well known. Adventure 2 is arguably the most well loved Sonic game of the non classic generation. It's ridiculous to think that Sega won't ever return to an older style of play, especially when they just released a game paying homage to just that.
I wouldn't mind if they continued what they're doing now, releasing old games that are downloadable as a tribute to the classics games, finish those, then sometime after start releasing new games based off the Adventure series, all the while keeping them separate from the main console games, so by the time it comes to pay homage to the Unleashed style the main game will have already moved on. The bonus is the cheap price, new levels, and somewhat different gameplay can help get people to buy it. I'm just saying, it could work...
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I wouldn't mind if they continued what they're doing now, releasing old games that are downloadable as a tribute to the classics games, finish those, then sometime after start releasing new games based off the Adventure series, all the while keeping them separate from the main console games, so by the time it comes to pay homage to the Unleashed style the main game will have already moved on. The bonus is the cheap price, new levels, and somewhat different gameplay can help get people to buy it. I'm just saying, it could work...
I don't think you understand. People don't want Adventure 3 as an homage to the old Adventure games, they want a whole new Sonic game that has features reminiscent of the Adventure series, since a lot of people liked those the best.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

I don't think you understand. People don't want Adventure 3 as an homage to the old Adventure games, they want a whole new Sonic game that has features reminiscent of the Adventure series, since a lot of people liked those the best.
I wouldn't mind a new Adventure title if it played like Unleashed.

Honestly, yeah, if not like Unleashed, at least as polished. I'd like a plot like Adventure 2, buit with competent voice acting and animation, a couple different characters with intertwining stories all of which have gameplay based on Generations by expanding in different directions (Like more combat for Knuckles, etc.)Though, this would be in a perfect world where everything I wanted happened.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOOOOOM! (Save the planet from disaster!) And if there is a Sonic Adventure 3, please no Shadow or Silver. That's my only request. That, and Amy as well as Metal Sonic playable. And Unleashed gameplay.

Erm... why? What's your reasoning behind this?
SA3 would be a new game, if it's not considered one, then neither would Colours 2 or Unleashed 2. Adventure games are among the most well known. Adventure 2 is arguably the most well loved Sonic game of the non classic generation. It's ridiculous to think that Sega won't ever return to an older style of play, especially when they just released a game paying homage to just that.
Honestly, yeah, if not like Unleashed, at least as polished. I'd like a plot like Adventure 2, buit with competent voice acting and animation, a couple different characters with intertwining stories all of which have gameplay based on Generations by expanding in different directions (Like more combat for Knuckles, etc.) Though, this would be in a perfect world where everything I wanted happened.
That's pretty much Unleashed with alternate playable characters. So yeah.And going back to what you said earlier, Sonic Adventure 2 isn't really a fan favorite. It's about as popular as Unleashed. The most popular ones nowadays are Sonic CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Colors. Then SA2 and SU. Those are like the "Big six" of Sonic. But SA2 is definitely not the most popular Sonic game. I'd know, I hang out on the SEGA Forums.

SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOM, SONIC BOOOOOOM! (Save the planet from disaster!) And if there is a Sonic Adventure 3, please no Shadow or Silver. That's my only request. That, and Amy as well as Metal Sonic playable. And Unleashed gameplay.

SA3 would be a new game, if it's not considered one, then neither would Colours 2 or Unleashed 2. Adventure games are among the most well known. Adventure 2 is arguably the most well loved Sonic game of the non classic generation. It's ridiculous to think that Sega won't ever return to an older style of play, especially when they just released a game paying homage to just that.
Honestly, yeah, if not like Unleashed, at least as polished. I'd like a plot like Adventure 2, buit with competent voice acting and animation, a couple different characters with intertwining stories all of which have gameplay based on Generations by expanding in different directions (Like more combat for Knuckles, etc.) Though, this would be in a perfect world where everything I wanted happened.
That's pretty much Unleashed with alternate playable characters. So yeah.And going back to what you said earlier, Sonic Adventure 2 isn't really a fan favorite. It's about as popular as Unleashed. The most popular ones nowadays are Sonic CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Colors. Then SA2 and SU. Those are like the "Big six" of Sonic. But SA2 is definitely not the most popular Sonic game. I'd know, I hang out on the SEGA Forums.
Everybody likes the 2D games best if they're above a certain age. Sonic Adventure 2 is largely regarded as the best 3D Sonic game, since it had a good plot, and the gameplay wasn't old enough to be considered broken. Not EVERYBODY loves it, but it's certainly a majority on the corners of the internet I've seen.Colours has taken the lead with some people, but I've certainly never heard of Unleashed doing that.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

For some reason I liked SA1 more then the second one, I believe it was because of playing that game so much as a kid.. I was scared of the amy levels, like being chased by Zero. Of course I've beaten the game now...~PowerMiner~

Yeah, I liked SA1 better, now that I've played SA2b. ( my friend lent it to me).

Everybody likes the 2D games best if they're above a certain age. Sonic Adventure 2 is largely regarded as the best 3D Sonic game, since it had a good plot, and the gameplay wasn't old enough to be considered broken. Not EVERYBODY loves it, but it's certainly a majority on the corners of the internet I've seen.Colours has taken the lead with some people, but I've certainly never heard of Unleashed doing that.
Not necessarily a fan favorite, but Unleashed and Colors are more like fan second favorites.

I would think of Sonic A2 to be better,I like it when they add more characters,as it just adds more variety, and a better story plot.

Knuckles was just as bad in SA2 as he was in SA1, and it was doubled with Rouge. Tails and Eggman had Gamma's boring gameplay. Sonic gameplay was improved in SA2, but SA2 didn't have Amy's gameplay or Tails' SA1 gameplay.And the story was good in both games, but it was executed somewhat poorly in SA2, but SA1 didn't have great graphics.So adding more characters to SA2 doesn't add more variety, as Sonic and Shadow are the exact same thing. Same goes for Knuckles and Rouge and Tails and Eggman. SA1 had 6 completely different playable characters. It also had hubs, but those could be frustrating at times.So overall, I'd say SA1 is better.

I would think of Sonic A2 to be better,I like it when they add more characters,as it just adds more variety, and a better story plot.

Knuckles was just as bad in SA2 as he was in SA1, and it was doubled with Rouge. Tails and Eggman had Gamma's boring gameplay. Sonic gameplay was improved in SA2, but SA2 didn't have Amy's gameplay or Tails' SA1 gameplay. And the story was good in both games, but it was executed somewhat poorly in SA2, but SA1 didn't have great graphics. So adding more characters to SA2 doesn't add more variety, as Sonic and Shadow are the exact same thing. Same goes for Knuckles and Rouge and Tails and Eggman. SA1 had 6 completely different playable characters. It also had hubs, but those could be frustrating at times. So overall, I'd say SA1 is better.
Eh... couldn't you stick with one argument instead of jumping around like that? It's jarring when one sentence has nothing to do with the one that precedes it.Knuckles' hunting IS worse in Adventure 2, for sure, but Tails and Eggman's gameplay isn't all that much like like E2-101's.Now, that' not all that important, but here's the thing.The story.You could have easily left the story thing to opinion, saying you liked it better. However, you went for a statement, saying the story was presented better in Adventure 1.Having just recently watched playthroughs of both games this week, I can say that's wrong. While Adventure 2 has some problems with the dub overlapping, the voice acting is still a huge improvement. The animation is nowhere near as weird, and camera angles are used far more effectively. The mythology used is better explained and the plot has significantly more depth to it (Though this part is obviously debatable). The fact of the matter is, Adventure 2 is a much clearer and more polished package.I'd rather have 3 well made characters with several unique levels each, as opposed to 6 characters of varying polish revisiting Sonic's stages with a gimmick.But that's just me.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

You did not really jump into the story KC, oh and you keep talking about Amy alot when it comes the argrumeants about games.....Amy is a secondary character. Kuckles and Tails are primary charcters. Shadow and Silver are seondary characters now because they been appearing in more games.

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

You did not really jump into the story KC, oh and you keep talking about Amy alot when it comes the argrumeants about games.....Amy is a secondary character. Kuckles and Tails are primary charcters. Shadow and Silver are seondary characters now because they been appearing in more games.

Knuckles isn't really a secondary character anymore. It seems like Amy has replaced him since 2008.And I like Amy.

Knuckles was just as bad in SA2 as he was in SA1, and it was doubled with Rouge. Tails and Eggman had Gamma's boring gameplay. Sonic gameplay was improved in SA2, but SA2 didn't have Amy's gameplay or Tails' SA1 gameplay. And the story was good in both games, but it was executed somewhat poorly in SA2, but SA1 didn't have great graphics. So adding more characters to SA2 doesn't add more variety, as Sonic and Shadow are the exact same thing. Same goes for Knuckles and Rouge and Tails and Eggman. SA1 had 6 completely different playable characters. It also had hubs, but those could be frustrating at times. So overall, I'd say SA1 is better.
Eh... couldn't you stick with one argument instead of jumping around like that? It's jarring when one sentence has nothing to do with the one that precedes it.Knuckles' hunting IS worse in Adventure 2, for sure, but Tails and Eggman's gameplay isn't all that much like like E2-101's.Now, that' not all that important, but here's the thing.The story.You could have easily left the story thing to opinion, saying you liked it better. However, you went for a statement, saying the story was presented better in Adventure 1.Having just recently watched playthroughs of both games this week, I can say that's wrong. While Adventure 2 has some problems with the dub overlapping, the voice acting is still a huge improvement. The animation is nowhere near as weird, and camera angles are used far more effectively. The mythology used is better explained and the plot has significantly more depth to it (Though this part is obviously debatable). The fact of the matter is, Adventure 2 is a much clearer and more polished package.I'd rather have 3 well made characters with several unique levels each, as opposed to 6 characters of varying polish revisiting Sonic's stages with a gimmick.But that's just me.
But in SA2, you're revisiting the same stage with a bunch of characters, but they're called different things. Did you notice that Mission Street is the same as Radical Highway?And I meant that the SA2 suffers from Generations syndrome: There are many potentially story-building cutscenes left out. Such as, how did Amy get to Prison Island? What happened before Knuckles' opening cutscene? How did Tails learn that Sonic was on Prison Island? (Unless that was explained somewhere in the Dark story...)Adventure didn't have many holes in it's story. Voice acting is a different story.

Knuckles isn't really a secondary character anymore. It seems like Amy has replaced him since 2008.And I like Amy.

But in SA2, you're revisiting the same stage with a bunch of characters, but they're called different things. Did you notice that Mission Street is the same as Radical Highway?And I meant that the SA2 suffers from Generations syndrome: There are many potentially story-building cutscenes left out. Such as, how did Amy get to Prison Island? What happened before Knuckles' opening cutscene? How did Tails learn that Sonic was on Prison Island? (Unless that was explained somewhere in the Dark story...)Adventure didn't have many holes in it's story. Voice acting is a different story.
Amy has replaced Knuckles? How so? Because of her minor appearance in Unleashed? Because of here one scene at the end of Generations? Her nonexistance in Colours (Wii)?I mean, the last important appearance of Amy was Heroes (Don't say '06), and Knuckles got as much of a spotlight there.That's not a plot hole BTW. Not knowing how Amy got to Prison Island isn't important enough to the plot to affect it. It would have been nice to know, but it's not vital. All we need to know is 'why', which is 'She heard Sonic had been kidnapped, and went to rescue him.Adventure 1's backstory was told fairly awkwardly through the flashbacks. They were disjointed and ambiguous, and tended to come out of nowhere, and have no effect on the characters that receive them. Then, somehow, everybdy knows the whole story in the Last Story.At least with Adventure 2 you know that anything missing was probably cut, not just badly executed.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Yknow, I think that SEGA has everything for a perfect 3d sonic game in past incarnations. Take a hint from sonic heroes, and have teams of three. However, don't make them all essentially the same, with a different gimmick for each. Make each team have specific players that can do specific things. For instance, with a sonic shadow silver team, sonic would have his speed based abilites, shadow would be able to do Chaos Control, and silver has his psycokenisis, picking up objects and chucking them at enemies. The levels would be designed so that you could get through it with only one character, but it's faster to use all three characters in different places. You aren't forced to switch, but it's to your advantage. I would also want into be polished as much as unleashed. That opening cutscene is epicsauce.

Song of Hope is AWESOME.On a similar note, check my channel on *cough*thatsite*cough* to see some news on Crush 40 guitar tabs... Every song is done, and gp4 files will be uploaded to UG within the next few days. 8)Back to Sonic, I put Generations on my Christmas list. Sure hope I get it!!

Song of Hope is AWESOME. On a similar note, check my channel on *cough*thatsite*cough* to see some news on Crush 40 guitar tabs... Every song is done, and gp4 files will be uploaded to UG within the next few days. 8) Back to Sonic, I put Generations on my Christmas list. Sure hope I get it!!

Yes, it is. And I saw your channel. And I commented on some videos. You're a good guitarist!

Knuckles isn't really a secondary character anymore. It seems like Amy has replaced him since 2008. And I like Amy.

Eh... couldn't you stick with one argument instead of jumping around like that? It's jarring when one sentence has nothing to do with the one that precedes it. Knuckles' hunting IS worse in Adventure 2, for sure, but Tails and Eggman's gameplay isn't all that much like like E2-101's. Now, that' not all that important, but here's the thing. The story. You could have easily left the story thing to opinion, saying you liked it better. However, you went for a statement, saying the story was presented better in Adventure 1. Having just recently watched playthroughs of both games this week, I can say that's wrong. While Adventure 2 has some problems with the dub overlapping, the voice acting is still a huge improvement. The animation is nowhere near as weird, and camera angles are used far more effectively. The mythology used is better explained and the plot has significantly more depth to it (Though this part is obviously debatable). The fact of the matter is, Adventure 2 is a much clearer and more polished package. I'd rather have 3 well made characters with several unique levels each, as opposed to 6 characters of varying polish revisiting Sonic's stages with a gimmick. But that's just me.
But in SA2, you're revisiting the same stage with a bunch of characters, but they're called different things. Did you notice that Mission Street is the same as Radical Highway? And I meant that the SA2 suffers from Generations syndrome: There are many potentially story-building cutscenes left out. Such as, how did Amy get to Prison Island? What happened before Knuckles' opening cutscene? How did Tails learn that Sonic was on Prison Island? (Unless that was explained somewhere in the Dark story...) Adventure didn't have many holes in it's story. Voice acting is a different story.
Amy has replaced Knuckles? How so? Because of her minor appearance in Unleashed? Because of here one scene at the end of Generations? Her nonexistance in Colours (Wii)? I mean, the last important appearance of Amy was Heroes (Don't say '06), and Knuckles got as much of a spotlight there. That's not a plot hole BTW. Not knowing how Amy got to Prison Island isn't important enough to the plot to affect it. It would have been nice to know, but it's not vital. All we need to know is 'why', which is 'She heard Sonic had been kidnapped, and went to rescue him. Adventure 1's backstory was told fairly awkwardly through the flashbacks. They were disjointed and ambiguous, and tended to come out of nowhere, and have no effect on the characters that receive them. Then, somehow, everybody knows the whole story in the Last Story. At least with Adventure 2 you know that anything missing was probably cut, not just badly executed.
If Amy's last important appearance was Sonic '06, then so was Knuckles'. The difference is that since Unleashed, there hasn't been a game that Knuckles was in that Amy hasn't. Unless Rivals 2 came out after that... But then look at how Amy has appeared in a few games without Knuckles, not to mention that Sonic Team is making her out to be the third protagonist in many games (Save for Free Riders). I've heard that it's because Iizuka hates Knuckles, but idk about that. Didn't he make Knuckles' Chaotix, which was Knuckles' own game?And what you said is also opinion. When I played SA1, I saw no problem with the story, except that it was a bit shallower than I expected. (But then again, I haven't beaten it yet.) When I played SA2, on the other hand, I noticed a difference. Especially in the part where Eggman frees Shadow. He just does whatever Shadow says, and he knows exactly who he is, and he trusts him, and for some reason, Shadow obeys his every command. But again, I haven't beaten it, so I don't know if all of that is explained later in the story.

Not really. He works well with Shadow in Sonic 06. They both kinda share the same opinion of Sonic, and both of them are pretty powerful beings...........they would be perfect for allies. For some reson on the site that can not be spoken.......... Shadow seems to hate him, but that is from fan videos that have nothing to do with the games......

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

Yeah, they work well together* but the idea of teaming them up sounds like bad fanfiction fodder.*Actually, they exchange a few words before going their separate ways, never actually working together.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Eh, honestly when it comes to Sonic now-a-days, I just look over the new games. I loved the classic games, Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles, I also loved Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2. But most of the recent 3D platforming games are just... not fun to me. And do a horrible incorporation of side-scrolling. Why would you add a bunch of side-scrolling to a 3D platformer? I got Colors last year, I think I got to the second world and then I stopped playing. It was pretty boring to me.