Am I Forgetting Something?

T.B.O.C

I don't think I've lost any knowledge, but I haven't really had to use it, so I can't say.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember what I have forgotten.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Nope. Never. When I'm bored, I recap the entire Bionicle storyline, then classify every character by species or affiliation. If I can remember how to find the angle of elevation (yes, trigonometry), I'm pretty sure I'd remember something that's an integral part of my childhood.

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I've really "forgotten" anything important - sure, I'll have a brain-wussy moment every now and then and have to strain to remember a name for a mask, or small details of a year. I've always been told that I have a good memory, but BIONICLE is, essentially, unneeded information that's stored in my brain.If the story was progressing faster, then I'd probably retain a lot of my semi-lost information. As it is, my brain has other trivia to remember.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I stopped following the story fully in 2008-09 ish because it became too in-depth for me to remember, so my knowledge of the last couple of years is a bit vague in places and it's been a long time since I thought about some of the earlier stuff so it's certainly not all fresh in my mind.However a lot of things seem to be committed to my subconscious... if I see pictures of old sets etc. I surprise myself when I know the names instantly then wonder how much else is buried away in my memory... NNH

ef5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Over the past few weeks, I've been noticing something.Ever since BZPower's fourms went down several months ago, I started doing other things, not exactly BIONICLE related. And coming back, and having the fourms and reading and starting over again, I've realized my knowledge of BIONICLE has gone down quite a bit.For example, I almost said the Piraka didn't have elemental powers (Which, after Spirah's experiments with Skakdi, they can use in conjunction with another Skakdi, though due to their nature, this would rarely happen)Is anyone else having this? Or do I just hold myself to high standards? Also, if you have been noticing this, what's something you've forgotten you feel you really should know about BIONICLE?

Alot, I have stopped following the story. I need to get back in it.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!