Whatever happened to the Toa Mahri?

If I'm not mistaken, at the end of Reign of Shadows, everyone escapes, Teridax is killed and everyone lives hunky dory. But a few new plot threads are brought up, one of which is that the Piraka species, in an attempt to overthrow the evil overlord that is Makuta-Nui, threw a Vortixx, a Zyglak, the Voya Nui Piraka, a green cloud and a member of Krekka's species into a magic pot of energised protodermis to create a golden skinned muscular reptile with Irnakk like features that could make dreams literally come true.The creature isn't evil, but not entirely good either. It somehow sensed the Toa Mahri were spying on the Piraka, and the creature influenced them to serve it and the Piraka. But the Mahri are never brought up in later stories, not even when the creature and the Piraka show up in Sahmad's Tale.This thread might be pointless, so I ask you: What do you think happened to the Toa Mahri?

If I'm not mistaken, at the end of Reign of Shadows, everyone escapes, Teridax is killed and everyone lives hunky dory. But a few new plot threads are brought up, one of which is that the Piraka species, in an attempt to overthrow the evil overlord that is Makuta-Nui, threw a Vortixx, a Zyglak, the Voya Nui Piraka, a green cloud and a member of Krekka's species into a magic pot of energised protodermis to create a golden skinned muscular reptile with Irnakk like features that could make dreams literally come true.The creature isn't evil, but not entirely good either. It somehow sensed the Toa Mahri were spying on the Piraka, and the creature influenced them to serve it and the Piraka. But the Mahri are never brought up in later stories, not even when the creature and the Piraka show up in Sahmad's Tale.This thread might be pointless, so I ask you: What do you think happened to the Toa Mahri?
It's unknown, but I assume they continue to serve the Golden-Skinned Being. The only way we'll know for sure is if Greg resumes the BIONICLE story, in which he might reveal what happened to the Toa Mahri. Edited by Tahu5181

I'd expect that the gold skinned being was somehow destroyed or at least crippled when Makuta was destroyed, since Teridax was kind of like that being's spear of fusion. It also might have died from the whole planetary body in the head thing. It probably would have lost control over the Mahri. If it somehow did survive intact, then the Mahri are still in its service, which is quite weird.@ Spinjitzu Master: The Mahri were my favorites too, excluding the Toa Hagah, but they never had much of a storyline importance until they were Rahaga, so whatever.

Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

There's no way to really say for sure what has become of them other than they are serving the Skakdi. If Greg ever resumes The Powers That Be, or The Yesterday Quest, we may eventually find out, but I'm not keeping my hopes up right now.- :t: :l: :h:
After Annona interfered with the gold-skinned being's powers and ruined his creations, there's a chance the Toa Mahri were accidentally freed. Unless you know something I don't?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

They could well have perished in the dreams of the mad Skakdi. That would be one way to end our confusion. :P

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

They're probably still under the control of the Golden Head Being. There is nothing in any of the last few serial updates that says otherwise. We'll most likely never really know for sure unless Greg does write a new serial chapter.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Did anyone else catch the line in The Powers that Be where it states the Mahri followed the Golden-Skinned being out of the MU? We can assume that it is still in control of them and most likely in the fortress.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I hope they are free. I dislike goldilocks for doing that.
Don't forget in The Powers that be Kopaka asked Gakki to have the Toa Hagah to spy and see if the marhi are still holding up. So it is not like they are forgotton. If Greg countinues the story the Toa Nuve and Hagah may jump into action to rescue the Marhi, buuuuuut Greg may never finish the story (i hope he does though) so I guess we just wait and see.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru: