Set Review: 6229 XT4

This set is decent. I understand why most of the bones don't have armor. That would have increased the price since XT4 has 4 arms. But I think the black tubing was unecassary.Also I like to think that XT4 is the love child of Meltdown and Waspix.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

That torso piece is fantastic and may be the main reason for me to get him. :P He looks a bit random, though. Not sure why one of his blade arms is a lower arm and the other an upper arm.Thanks for the review! :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm surprised how negative this reviewer's impression of the set was-- XT4 is perhaps my favorite of the summer villain sets. I suppose he's just divisive in that regard, though.Something this review fails to note is that not only is this set the cheapest to include that saw blade piece, it is the only set to include it in Silver Metallic (Bricklink's Flat Silver/the current, post-2010 silver color). Another omission is that this is also a very efficient way to get the 7M "B" (upper limb) beams, which previously only appeared in Rocka XL.Personally, I feel that XT4's raw mechanical look, skeletal physique, well-organized color scheme, and balanced asymmetry make him look very unique and very appealing. In some of these pictures you have his limbs stretched out somewhat awkwardly rather than bent in a more natural pose, which does make him look more clumsy and awkward. Generally how you pose him makes a big difference in how he looks, which I suppose could be considered a downside compared to many more generic humanoid sets which look somewhat natural in almost all possible poses. Still, I am very fond of XT4's design and am impressed how imaginative and cohesive his design is.

XT4 never particularly amazed me, but I do really like him. After seeing my brothers' XT4 set, I kinda want to get my own. sarcastic.gif

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm surprised how negative this reviewer's impression of the set was-- XT4 is perhaps my favorite of the summer villain sets. I suppose he's just divisive in that regard, though.
Bah, I made it perfectly clear that this was my opinion of the set and that people can have different opinions of it. ;)As for the pieces, I didn't really research the rarity of the limbs nor the particular shades of silver. That's why I included a picture of all the pieces, because it's easier to see that reading my run-on paragraphs about the parts I liked. ;) But yeah, sorry the review wasn't up to your standards.:music:

whats wrong with its face? I know its a zero factory
Its face is awesome, and it's the only Hero Factory face that looks remotely like that, for your information. If you hate Hero Factory so much, please don't bother commenting on topics solely about Hero Factory. Actual fans of it like myself don't appreciate reading hateful posts like yours, especially when they contribute nothing to the discussion.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm surprised how negative this reviewer's impression of the set was-- XT4 is perhaps my favorite of the summer villain sets. I suppose he's just divisive in that regard, though.
Bah, I made it perfectly clear that this was my opinion of the set and that people can have different opinions of it. ;)As for the pieces, I didn't really research the rarity of the limbs nor the particular shades of silver. That's why I included a picture of all the pieces, because it's easier to see that reading my run-on paragraphs about the parts I liked. ;) But yeah, sorry the review wasn't up to your standards.:music:
I didn't at all mean to imply that the review didn't meet expectations! Really, all I expect from a review is that it's thorough with lots of good pictures. Differences of opinion or little things that didn't get pointed out don't really change a review's quality; I just was observing how divisive the set is (you're far from the only one who dislikes it, and I'm far from the only one who likes it) and how a few of the parts in this set are rare or exclusive.As for the "different types of silver", this is actually the first set to have it in any type of silver. Previously it had only been in Medium Stone Grey (Bricklink's Light Bluish Gray). Personally, I'm grateful to have it in this color. It looks very nice and I'm sure it would go great with Drilldozer's Power Miners drill piece.

sorry if I was rude. It just really anoys me to see hero factory stuff here. Is there any where here for Only bionicle fans? Thaks

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

sorry if I was rude. It just really anoys me to see hero factory stuff here. Is there any where here for Only bionicle fans? Thaks
Well, BIONICLE Sets and Collectibles and BIONICLE Storyline and Theories are still exclusively for BIONICLE-related discussion. However, you'll be missing out on a lot of meaningful BIONICLE discussion if you avoid any places that might have Hero Factory discussion.Think of it this way-- there are a lot of BIONICLE fans who didn't like a lot of the newer sets and story. But if a person who hated the post-2006 stories and sets had an angry reaction any time they saw any discussion that favored those sets and stories, then they'd have had a hard time enjoying themselves on BZPower. The same goes for Hero Factory. There's no reason all BIONICLE fans should like it, just like there was no reason all BIONICLE fans should have liked the Glatorian. But those who dislike discussing those things can just share their opinions in the appropriate areas for discussion or-- if they really don't have anything nice to say-- just ignore any discussions that they don't want to be a part of.It would be downright impractical to create a filter on BZPower that would hide Hero Factory discussion from those who dislike it, and in fact it would probably be a bad thing for BIONICLE fans if they couldn't see reviews like this. Who knows? Some BIONICLE fans might find uses even for some Hero Factory pieces in their BIONICLE MOCs, and if they weren't exposed to reviews like this they might never know those parts were available. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

• 1 month later...

one thing we know XT4 can kill Nex easy.XT4 is not my favorite at all, the saw do get stuck on the tube ,it look like a mass and just the look at him is bad.For MOCing, how can people use that head, if someone got that head to or on a MOC then great job. saw to me it not good for my MOCs but might work for other. body is epic i just love it, it is so cute. all the other are good for MOCs but hope a MOCer make a better looking XT4.So i give XT4 a 4 out of 10.He in not my favorite at all it bad, it a mass, it only good for MOCs.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube