A question on Matoran forms

Simply put, what do Matoran outside of Metru-Nui look like? Are Matoran bodies on other islands similar to the Metru-Nui Matoran's, or smaller versions of the Karda-Nui Matoran's/Mazeka's/Vultraz's, or do we have no idea what they look like?I've always thought that the Matoran in Metru-Nui had a unique body form that other Matoran didn't have for some reason, but what do you think?

It probably varies. If Bionicle were to continue they would want to be free to make new designs.Probably others used the same design as Av for a while, then later the Metru design might have become standard. Keep in mind also they can rebuild themselves and the like.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think they can look like anything so long as they're the right size. One head, a torso with arms that bend in the middle and at the wrist and have hands with five(?) fingers on each, and legs with a knee joint and an ankle joint with a foot on the end... That leaves a loooot of leeway. Skinny! Stout! A bit taller than usual, a bit shorter than usual, with spikes all over, streamlined like a fighter jet...

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Some of them appear to have odd fingerless hands, and the ones that have fingers would probably have four-fingered hands like Agori and Glatorian have.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think they can look like anything so long as they're the right size. One head, a torso with arms that bend in the middle and at the wrist and have hands with five(?) fingers on each, and legs with a knee joint and an ankle joint with a foot on the end... That leaves a loooot of leeway. Skinny! Stout! A bit taller than usual, a bit shorter than usual, with spikes all over, streamlined like a fighter jet...
If it was really so, then why do ALL known Matoran in a particular locale (Karzatoran not included for obvious reasons) look the same? Metru Nui, Karda Nui, the Southern Continent (as far as we know at least)...Maybe it's just a trend-type thing?Also, speaking of this, did the "2003-form" "Matatoran" rebuild themselves AGAIN when they returned to Metru-Nui?
toatanusignature.png

I supose to be more specific, do the Matoran outside of Metru-Nui also have a universal form that only slightly varies, and if they do, what does this other universal form look like?All Metru-Nui Matoran look exactly the same aside from their color and masks, so is that the case with all Matoran?

I imagine their builds vary by region.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I always imagined that the Metrutoran was the standard Matoran build. All others had excuses like the Matatoran were weakened and then rebuilt, the Voyatoran were rebuilt, the Avtoran were the prototypes, the Mahritoran were rebuilt and slightly mutated, although BS01 says the mutations undid a lot of their mutations, leaving them with those short legs, long, thin feet, and triangular bodies that the Metrutoran always had.So, with all of that, I'd say that Metrutoran is standard.

I thought the Pit Mutagen returned them something very close to their original forms.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

If it was really so, then why do ALL known Matoran in a particular locale (Karzatoran not included for obvious reasons) look the same? Metru Nui, Karda Nui, the Southern Continent (as far as we know at least)...Maybe it's just a trend-type thing?Also, speaking of this, did the "2003-form" "Matatoran" rebuild themselves AGAIN when they returned to Metru-Nui?
1) Probably because they are made with different machines. The one in Metru Nui would be, under this theory, set to build Metruans. Ones elsewhere may be set to build other designs. Any in Karda Nui (assuming there are any, I have no idea) would be set to build Av designs, etc. Perhaps it is different with each machine (if there's just one per area... we really don't know enough to be sure though).2) No. They are still MOLtoran.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The matoran from 2004 are the standard, unaltered Matoran.Every other matoran we've seen as a set or in a comic has either been that build, or has had a story reason why they are different.The Mata Nui matoran were shrunk, then built back up to bodies similar (but not exactly the same) as their original form.The Voya Nui matoran were rebuilt and the Mahri Nui matoran were, from that mutated back to bodies similar (but not exactly the same) as their original form.The Av-Matoran in Karda Nui grew into larger bodies because of the energy of the core.Mazeka rebuilt himself into a stronger body. Vultraz was rebuilt by Gorast.The only matoran we have images of, which are decidedly in their natural, unaltered form, are the ones in Metru Nui.While it's perfectly possible that there's some natural diversity in their construction, we've got no evidence for it, so by default, I would assume that they were all built on the same model, especially because Greg and the Story Team have taken the time and effort to come up with an explaination for every Matoran who is different.

Edited by Takhamavahu

The Av-Matoran in Karda Nui grew into larger bodies because of the energy of the core.
I forgot about that... But is it size and shape or just size? BS01 says:
The Av-Matoran in Karda Nui were larger than normal Matoran due to prolonged exposure to the energies in Karda Nui and their Light powers. When the Matoran left Karda Nui, they returned to normal size.
Probably the key is whether Takua had to be rebuilt to Metruan build when he was placed there, or was already that build. And we don't have evidence that he was rebuilt, right? So maybe you're right...Still, other groups could have self-rebuilt in mass therefore the same shape, like the MOLtoran.

When Takanuva grew into a larger body, his armour changed shape. Part of tha may have been because of his light drain, but that doesn't seem to have had an effect on anyone else's physical shape. (the shadow matorna who grew wings and whatnot were given them by the makuta, it wasn't an effect of their light drain)We don't have any confirmation on whether the Av-Matoran changed shape or just size, but if either answer is as good as the other I prefer that they changed shape as well. It seems to fit better.One possibility to consider is that the Av Matoran were built first, before Matoran were perfected. They have more access to their elemental powers and whatnot. It's possible that if their natural form is different from other matoran, that doesn't necessarily mean that the rest are different from each other.

Still, other groups could have self-rebuilt in mass therefore the same shape, like the MOLtoran.
That's a good point. In fact, now that you say it, I'd be surprised if that hadn't happened more than once in 100000 years. Even in that case, though, that would be a reason why their different from their natural form that they were originally built into by Artakha or the Great Beings. Edited by Takhamavahu

Well, I thought that too, but considering the Order hid Av-Matoran among others throughout the MU, perhaps it's most logical to say that they were all originally Metruan builds. It would certainly make that a lot more convenient. Otherwise they would have to rebuild every Av-Matoran.I suppose that wouldn't be true if most Matoran had the same build as original Av-Matoran, but then why have the Metruans be different... so yeah. I agree the most logical theory is Metruan build is standard everywhere (but not universal due to all the transformations as mentioned in other posts).

Yeah, it'd depend on the location. I thought Metru Nui Matoran were slightly taller (not sure it this is canon or not), but generally similar, yeah.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012