Team Fortress 2

JiMing

Doesn't having more players on defense reduce the number of robots?

How did everyone enjoy the Saxxies this year? The presentation, while shorter, was still a bit lackluster for me; at least last year had Saxton Hale beating up a bear. They advertised it as "Live" which got me excited but that just meant "We'll update the page every 15 minutes". No Gabe Newell discussing the entrants, no Robin wearing funny hats...

Anyway, the finalists! Most of the nominees were pretty entertaining and certainly deserved their spot in Saxxy history. Not all of my favorites won, but I can accept what they chose for winners. Except Replays. Replays were terrible this year.

Still hyped for the Best Overall tonight.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

How do you guys feel about the new weapons?

I haven't got my hands on any of them yet (aside from a Festive Sandvich :3), so I don't have any solid opinion on them. I do think their stats look interesting, though. The Vaccinator might be too complex for my little head to handle and I'd have to see how much pushback the Loose Cannon has for me to consider using it. The Rescue Ranger, however, looks to be a nice way to speed up hauling my base forward, unless metal costs are stupidly high.

I'm mostly just happy that Demoman got his first explosive weapon since 2010.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

• 2 weeks later...

MMMMMMechaupdate!How do you guys feel about the new weapons?

All of them seem very MvM-balanced, with PvP being their secondary purpose.

The Rescue Ranger makes Sentry Busters a breeze, as you can retrieve your Sentry from the Buster's deadly grip from a safe distance, and repair your (and allied) buildings from range as well. Though also useful in PvP, the marked for death is much less dangerous against 'bots, who for the most part blindly follow the path to the hatch, instead of actively seeking you out.

The Vaccinator is ideal against 'bots, because most of the waves consist of 'bots with only one or two damage types. It allows the Medic to save his patients a good deal of credits that may have been spent on expensive resistances. That way a Heavy can max out his Minigun, and then get a passive 10%, and occasional 75%, resistance to a certain type of damage depending on what is coming after him.

The Medic still seems rather useless in MvM, but this weapon makes him slightly less so, as he provides something that Crit and Uber Canteens can't, which is on-the-fly heavy damage resistance for no cost.

The Loose Cannon I can't comment on, but if I understand its functionality, it looks like you could go bowling with large groups of 'bots, and with its inverse damage falloff, it allows the Demoman to stay at a safe distance.

Edited by Vir Nemo

Do you believe in magic?

• 3 weeks later...