Team Fortress 2

JiMing

So I just got ridiculously lucky with my crafting.I had bought 2 eerie keys and opened 2 crates. I got a spooky ghost in one of them, and the new voodoo juju in the other. I was very quickly able to trade the juju for a wraith wrap, AKA my new favorite pyro hat. Now, I also have a flamboyent flamenco that was my hat for the pyro, but it was untradable because of a few foolish things I did with crafting when I was a new player (I crafted achievement items). Anyway, since I found my new favorite pyro hat, the the flamenco is no longer needed. Luckily, I got a hat drop of a hat I already had. So I recraft that with my flamenco and what do I get out of it?A wraith wrap. Talk about luck. I now have two wraith wraps, on untradable and one of the haunted quality. Probably gonna be trading the haunted one for the coffin cap. Then with my last breath I can be grim reaper pyro.Also, just missing the zombie skins for the medic, heavy, and soldier. And I have waaaaay too many exorcism spells.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I'm pretty much always Scout. My usual loadout consists of my Strange Shortstop, the Mad Milk, and the Wrap assassin or the Sun-on-a-Stick. I'm always wearing a Bombing run, Scout Soul, and the Fast Learner. I just found the Gentlemen's Ushanka today. Anyone interested?

Edited by Toa of Soap

I'd be interested - what would you like for it?On the subject of the voodoo souls, so far I have aquired the souls for Demo, Pyro, and Heavy. Only the Heavy isn't of haunted quality. I have also opened one eerie crate, and I got a haunted quality Sir Hootsalot. He's pretty sweet. He's glued to my sniper's shoulder. If anyone's interested in strange weapons, you can message me (in this topic, via pm, or on steam - steam or this topic preferred) any offers. -ibrowEDIT: Also, I manged to craft myself two reclaimed metals that I can't trade. What the heck can I do with them?

Edited by iBrow Voltex

Since no one I've been playing with seems to respond, does anyone here need a Scout or a Sniper paper bag mask? I'm looking for Soldier, Heavy, Medic, and Spy masks myself, so if you have those for trade it'd be much appreciated.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

EDIT: Also, I manged to craft myself two reclaimed metals that I can't trade. What the heck can I do with them?
Uhhh, make a hat? Get 1 more rec, and craft a hat. It will be untradable, but if you get a hat that you don't care about, just recraft it with another hat. I did it to get the flamenco, and now the wraith wrap.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I already have a haunted pyro soul, muahaha. Also, I do not have a strange mad milk. My inventory is public though, so you could find me on that backpack site (dunno what it's called) and check out my stranges. Any strange that has any kills on it I'm probably not going to trade unless it's something I've been really wanting.-ibrow

Hey guys, be advised that I have detected trojans in my steam files, you may want to check yours. This could be me but I have heard that other people are getting this problem, after all it never hurts to check.EDIT: Scratch that, the virus count went from 3 to 7 when I tried opening Steam.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Traded one of my friends for a Heavy Soul. The next Pile of Curses I used had a Heavy Soul in it. I promptly returned his soul to him.The next Pile of Curses I used also had a Heavy Soul in it. This just confirms to me that the random item system hates my guts.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I picked up the following items via eerie crates and the voodoo piles:Haunted Sir HootsalotAnother Haunted Sir HootsalotHaunted Spooky SleevesVoodoo Cursed Demoman SoulHaunted Voodoo Cursed Demoman SoulVoodoo Cursed Heavy SoulHaunted Voodoo Cursed Pyro SoulBonedolierHaunted Wraith WrapI have several items I am looking to trade. If you want any of these, you can contact me here or via steam chat.-Haunted Sir Hootsalot x2 (worth 1 keyseach)-Haunted Spooky Sleeves (worth 1 key)-Voodoo Cursed Heavy Soul (worth 1 reclaimed)-Voodoo Cursed Demo Soul (worth 1 reclaimed) > not sure if I want to get rid of my haunted quality souls yet-Bonedolier (worth 1 key)-Strange Shovel x2 (worth 2 reclaimed each)-Strange SMG (worth 2 reclaimed)-Strange Diamondback (worth 1 reclaimed)-Strange Tribalman's Shiv (worth 1 reclaimed)-Strange Detonator (worth 1 reclaimed)-Can Opener (worth 1 reclaimed)-Respectless Rubber Glove (worth 1 refined + 1 reclaimed)

Souls are a mistake on my part. The prices -That said, the Bonedolier is indeed worth a key. Not sure where you're getting your price from on that one.-The sites I checked said the spooky sleeves were 1 key at the time of my posting (likewise for the shovels being 2 reclaimed each)-Funnily enough, the exact same thing for the Tribalman's Shiv and Detonator being a reclaimed each.-ibrow

It's backpack, not tf2spreadsheet.Unique,Uncraft,Haunted. The Bonedolier misc 2.22-2.66 ref 2 ref 2-2.33 ref The Spooky Sleeves misc 2-2.66 ref 1.66-2 ref 2-2.66 ref -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Unique,Strange Shovel melee 0.33 ref 0.11-0.22 ref Tribalman's Shiv melee 0.05 ref 0.01-0.03 ref 0.22 ref 0.11 ref Detonator second 0.05 ref 0.01-0.03 ref 0.11-0.22 ref Your prices are wrong.

Edited by Space Marine

AΨ 94

You know, that's pretty funny, because I've already traded the spooky sleeves for a key. Also... you do realize that there aren't any unique quality shovels, right? There's only the default shovel you get as a starting weapon and then the strange quality variant. So... the fact that your site has unique shovels listed is telling me not to trust it. There's also the fact that several people have already made offers on the items I put up, so there obviously isn't anything wrong with the prices. If you want something I listed then go ahead, contact me on steam and try to arrange a dirt cheap price that will never happen. But otherwise, do some research and don't try to prove that my prices are unfair.

This talk about pricing reminds me that I'm not too fond of things like "the spreadsheet" trying to fix a price on things. I feel trading should be more subjective; one person doesn't consider the worth of an item the same way as another.So, no, his prices aren't "wrong", especially since he's been able to sell at that amount. My understanding is that if you're selling something and the buyer is okay with paying the cost you want, it's a fair deal. If there are no takers, you go lower. This is not to say that using a spreadsheet or whatever for general pricing is wrong but don't use it as an absolute.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

This talk about pricing reminds me that I'm not too fond of things like "the spreadsheet" trying to fix a price on things. I feel trading should be more subjective; one person doesn't consider the worth of an item the same way as another.So, no, his prices aren't "wrong", especially since he's been able to sell at that amount. My understanding is that if you're selling something and the buyer is okay with paying the cost you want, it's a fair deal. If there are no takers, you go lower. This is not to say that using a spreadsheet or whatever for general pricing is wrong but don't use it as an absolute.
Of course not. However, the spreadsheet is commonly used as a rough guideline for starting prices within the trading outpost, and so I use it as a rough guideline as well.-ibrow

And I think that's fine. Using the spreadsheet as a jumping off point can give you a general idea of how valuable your items may be. I just find it silly that Space Marine hopped in here to tell you that you "mispriced" what you were offering because some site said so. Though I wasn't inclined to trade for anything you had, I didn't think the prices were outrageous in any way (aside from selling souls for a reclaimed).

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

And I think that's fine. Using the spreadsheet as a jumping off point can give you a general idea of how valuable your items may be. I just find it silly that Space Marine hopped in here to tell you that you "mispriced" what you were offering because some site said so. Though I wasn't inclined to trade for anything you had, I didn't think the prices were outrageous in any way (aside from selling souls for a reclaimed).
The souls being a legitimate mistake on my part, and one I'm glad he pointed out.-ibrow

Hey guys, something is wrong with my trade system, every time I select my TF2 inventory, the option says that I have 45 items, but when selected it says that I have nothing tradeable, which I know is wrong. Pressing F5 does not work either, anyone have any advice?
Did you purchase the game before it went Free to Play in 2011? If not, have you purchased anything from the Mann Co. store since getting the game? Because you need to have spent money on the game in some fashion (even if it's just buying a 50 cent item or a one dollar stamp) in order to trade.-ibrow

Also... you do realize that there aren't any unique quality shovels, right? There's only the default shovel you get as a starting weapon and then the strange quality variant. So... the fact that your site has unique shovels listed is telling me not to trust it.
Actually, there are. There are plenty of them. Unique shovels include renamed shovels and shovels with descriptions.I myself have a Unique Medigun.Also, F2Players can't trade their items. They can only trade items which have been given to them, and tools like paints and name tags.Also, I did well in the Halloween event. I gave all my potions away in a raffle, traded my last potions for a Kritzkrieg and managed to get all the souls, plus a bunch of haunted ones.As for pricing, the general consensus is that tf2spreadsheet is easily manipulated. There was already a documented situation a while back where the person who runs it bought an item cheap, increased the price on the spreadsheet and sold it. Now, that's just once, but who's to say he doesn't do that all the time?Backpack.tf isn't that much better, but since prices are generally decided by lots of people rather than just one person, it's considered to be slightly better.Of course, your best bet is to use neither of those options but to do a search on trading sites like TF2TP and TF2OP and see what people are selling and buying for.Although, 3 refined for a key is awful.

You know, that's pretty funny, because I've already traded the spooky sleeves for a key. Also... you do realize that there aren't any unique quality shovels, right? There's only the default shovel you get as a starting weapon and then the strange quality variant. So... the fact that your site has unique shovels listed is telling me not to trust it. There's also the fact that several people have already made offers on the items I put up, so there obviously isn't anything wrong with the prices. If you want something I listed then go ahead, contact me on steam and try to arrange a dirt cheap price that will never happen. But otherwise, do some research and don't try to prove that my prices are unfair.
Then congrats on the profit.http://stats.tf/item/196/ShovelName tags and desc tags make it unique.I'm not using spreadsheet either.

AΨ 94

Y'all hyped for these Saxxy Awards? Of the entries I've voted for thus far, this year's going to be harder for me to pick a winner. I also think it's pretty cool that the Best Overall winner gets to be put on TV. Slick!I'm liking "Midnight Power", "Bad Medicine" and "One Step Ahead" especially. What favorites have you all seen?

Edited by ShenanAgain
There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

The Saxxy Awards this year annoyed me. Why? SFM doesn't work on my computer and the Replay system is broken.I made this awesome replay of a crocket heading towards a victim, only for the replay system to corrupt it. In protest I made a really bad entry and entered that.

Yeah, I have a question.Can my computer run TF2 without lag?Computer Model: HP dc5000 uT (PJ355UA)CPU: Pentinum 4 3.0 GHzRAM: 504 MBGraphics: Intel 82865G 64 MBDirectX: 9.0 (says my graphics properties)
Alright. What sort of RAM are we talking about, DDR, DDR2, or DDR3? Since it's a Windows Vista computer, I'd say it's DDR2 RAM, but I don't know. Is the Motherboard customized at all? Am I making any sense? Also, for about $50 to $80 on many Computer Part sites, you should be able to buy a NVidia GeForce 250 or something with free shipping. I'd check the reviews and contemplate do you really need it first, because odds are they are refurbished.So, er, can someone judge my skill one day? I hate not knowing if I'm good at something or not. My Steam Name is Lavama.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Yeah, I have a question.Can my computer run TF2 without lag?Computer Model: HP dc5000 uT (PJ355UA)CPU: Pentinum 4 3.0 GHzRAM: 504 MBGraphics: Intel 82865G 64 MBDirectX: 9.0 (says my graphics properties)
No. You need at least 1GB of RAM. At least. Your best bet is probably 2GB of RAM. Although the minimum USED to be the normal 512mb, TF2 is a much bigger game now and you need the extra RAM.I'm also unsure on the graphics card. I wouldn't suggest NVidia straight away because there are some kinds that are unstable with TF2 and cause stuttering or crashes.

True. Now that I think of it, I did crash a few times while on my desktop computer... And, you might seriously want to get a dual core. I had a 3.33 Ghz single core processor (Intel Celeron D 356), but I could barely play the game on 640x480. In terms of Graphic cards, I'm running an Intel HD Graphics, and much to my surprise, it works flawlessly. Unneccesary hate on Intel integrated graphics me tinks, especially thinking about the 4000...So, are there any custom content servers y'all like to play? I know there was a Mario Kart and Freeze Tag server I enjoyed a while back before the Pyrovision update.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I have an Intel 3000 HD card and I run the game on high. My problem is my internet connection. But I also have an i5 processor and 4GB of RAM. HUGE TIP: dont run the game at 800x600 unless that is you monitor size. It actually uses more memory to squish the graphics than if you run the game at your screens resolution, in full screen.If you have low FPS, there is a custom config you can use that reduces graphics to a minimum, called Chriss Max FPS.Anyway. Used to be a HUGE fan of Versus Saxton Hale but then people started adding custom maps and bosses and you have to download so many custom bits and pieces. Ive been playing on a modified MVM server that allows 16 players.I have also been playing with the tf_zombie commands but I cant get it to work right. But I am currently only playing Medic, as I am somehow the leader of 170 angry Medics, all furious because of the lack of weapons for Medics.