Team Fortress 2

JiMing

I am a player too, logged 30 hours so far. My steam ID is exodus2002, (though my display name is Proud Stigma), if you add me just mention that you are from here.I usually play as Engie or Pyro, but I will use pretty much every class every so often. I especially love the Engie best.Is there a BZP clan there already?

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Is there a BZP clan there already?
Yeah, but it is Invite-only.I have played as the Scout, Soldier, Demoman, and Medic, and I personally think I am best as the Soldier.See, I'm still sort of a noob, so it's still kinda new to me. But it's still fun nonetheless!

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

TF2 is awesome. And MVM can be easy, if you know what you're doing. You definitely need a Scout, Engie, and Pyro, since they do well for damaging stuff. Upgrades are certainly a must.Been playing normal mode a lot recently, however; trying to get better at Sniper. =P

I am a player too, logged 30 hours so far. My steam ID is exodus2002, (though my display name is Proud Stigma), if you add me just mention that you are from here.I usually play as Engie or Pyro, but I will use pretty much every class every so often. I especially love the Engie best.Is there a BZP clan there already?
I'm RainingMudkips over at TF2, mainly playing Pyro.I certainly hope someone invites me to the BZP clan :P
Added both of you. Headhunterz on Steam. You can tell by the Tahu profile picture.

AΨ 94

This game is good for the occassional multiple-hour fun. :PI've had just over 90 hours clocked since almost a year ago, and I mainly play Engineer, followed by Demoman and Pyro. I have a Tour of Duty ticket but I haven't been on TF2 for a while to continue playing some tough MvM matches.ADD: I'm just Tenebrae Invictus on Steam, but my ID has an underscore between the two.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I've played 253 hours since beginning last July; yeah, I love Team Fortress 2. The only game I've played more is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and even that is getting debatable. Anyway, I have over 70 hours of playing Pyro under my belt, and after that it's Spy with just over 17 hours. I'm generally best at Pyro (ESPECIALLY MVM), but I have been known to do very well as Demoman, Medic, Spy, and Engineer on occasion.From time to time I enjoy dabbling in Scout, Heavy and Soldier as well....But never.Ever.Ever.Sniper.-ibrowps. if you happen to enjoy TF2, please join Mafia III-3: Cult Fortress, which is heavily TF2 inspired.

I don't get why Sniper has such a bad rap amongst a lot of people. It's nowhere near as irritating as, say, Spy, and if you have the right loadout - Strange Bazaar Bargain, Hitman's Heatmaker, here's looking at you - then you can actually do some serious damage.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I don't get why Sniper has such a bad rap amongst a lot of people. It's nowhere near as irritating as, say, Spy, and if you have the right loadout - Strange Bazaar Bargain, Hitman's Heatmaker, here's looking at you - then you can actually do some serious damage.-Teezy
Hehe, I have the Machina and Shahanshah. Not nearly as bad as say, a Sydney Sleeper, but still an annoying body shot loadout. :P

I'm a pragmatic sniper. If the target seems difficult to headshot (for example when actively trying to dodge) I go for the bodyshot. In the end what matters is if he dies or not; not if some weird sense of honor forced me to go for a difficult shot when it's not necessary.On the other hand, I refused to use the Tomislav when it first came out because it just felt like a cheap setup. I will gladly use legitimate tactics like shooting center mass for reduced damage, but I will try not to use unbalanced tactics. Then again... the Degreaser+Axtinguisher was my go-to loadout for a long, long time, though. :P

Edited by Katuko

I hear everyone saying that the Degreaser or the Rainblower/default are the best flamethrowers to use in Mann vs. Machine, but I never, never go more than one wave without using my Vintage Backburner. That weapon's the bane of Minor League Scouts everywhere.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I hear everyone saying that the Degreaser or the Rainblower/default are the best flamethrowers to use in Mann vs. Machine, but I never, never go more than one wave without using my Vintage Backburner. That weapon's the bane of Minor League Scouts everywhere.-Teezy
I'd imagine so. I don't see why people wouldn't use Backburner besides the airblast penalty.

I'm horrible at Spy. =P I'm still in the 'newbie' category, I guess, but I'm fairly good at Sniper, and kinda at Pyro. Still have yet to do well with Airblast, though. -_-'
Hehe, I have the Machina and Shahanshah. Not nearly as bad as say, a Sydney Sleeper, but still an annoying body shot loadout. :P
Use Jarate and the Bushwacka instead for your scondaries; you get a chance to jarate the guy and then attack with the Bushwacka, and the guy's as good as dead. =P
I'm a pragmatic sniper. If the target seems difficult to headshot (for example when actively trying to dodge) I go for the bodyshot. In the end what matters is if he dies or not; not if some weird sense of honor forced me to go for a difficult shot when it's not necessary.On the other hand, I refused to use the Tomislav when it first came out because it just felt like a cheap setup. I will gladly use legitimate tactics like shooting center mass for reduced damage, but I will try not to use unbalanced tactics. Then again... the Degreaser+Axtinguisher was my go-to loadout for a long, long time, though. :P
Same here, for the bodyshots thing. Everyone moves around way too much, especially if it's an opponent sniper, and I just can't 'lock on' to them, for the headshot. If it's an opponent sniper, they tend to get slightly annoyed at the bodyshots, but hey, I'm taking whatever kills I get, and since I have horrible aim, I consider it good. =P

I'd actually like to testify that, despite its less than stellar rep, the Cleaner's Carbine has never done me wrong as a Sniper secondary. Perfect for tight spots, or if there's a spy on the battlements and you have something like a Machina equipped where you can't fire unless you're scoped.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Use Jarate and the Bushwacka instead for your scondaries; you get a chance to jarate the guy and then attack with the Bushwacka, and the guy's as good as dead. =P
Definitely this strategy with the sniper. Very similar to Puff N Sting, and very effective.

AΨ 94

Definitely this strategy with the sniper. Very similar to Puff N Sting, and very effective.
Sounds good, I'll consider it whenever I get a Bushwacka. Don't really feel like trading to get it, seeing as I don't play Sniper all that often.

I don't get why Sniper has such a bad rap amongst a lot of people. It's nowhere near as irritating as, say, Spy, and if you have the right loadout - Strange Bazaar Bargain, Hitman's Heatmaker, here's looking at you - then you can actually do some serious damage.
The problem people have with the Sniper, compared to the Spy, is that TF2 is very much a short-to-mid range game. Every class except the sniper have weapons that get mostly ineffective at long range, either because of bullet spread, damage falloff, projectile speed/arcing or a combination of them all. For that reason, the Sniper and the Wrangler are two of the most annoying things to face, because you feel so completely helpless before a decently skilled player. From a physiological standpoint, even if the damage isn't too big at first, the area might as well be locked down if you don't have one of a few counter-measures because other classes can still be a real threat until the distance-fighter shuts you down.The Spy requires some finesse, both by learning enemy patterns, timing cloak/stabs, placing yourself in melee range for a stab and then retreating without getting blown to bits. Comparatively, a Sniper walks out of spawn with an infinite-range scoped rifle, and his version of the instant-kill can therefore be dispensed at a distance where he is not only safe from most weapons except another sniper's, but also mostly hidden. Getting stabbed by a Spy usually means that you failed to look at your close surroundings, and that he was smart enough to sneak around or fool you/your team long enough to get to your back.Getting shot in the head by a Sniper usually means that he's standing halfway across the map, strafing behind a wall to avoid all harm until his rifle is charged. That is why bodyshots are so aggravating to many as well: a headshot takes more skill, while most anyone can land a bodyshot from a distance with a perfectly accurate rifle. At close range, a target trying to strafe forces you to chnage your aim a lot, because their movement in your view is comparatively larger. From across the map, however, a strafe means that you barely need to move your mouse to compensate.On open maps with long sight lines (first part of Badwater comes to mind, despite how good that map is otherwise), a good sniper can just sit back and take potshots at the people engaged in close-to-mid range combat, because they are both otherwise occupied with the rest of his team and have next to no way of fighting back, barring someone breaking off to deal with him specifically (often at the cost of their life). At the same time, a Spy must not only sneak by the firefight, but he must also position himself so that he can actually stab someone without first getting absolutely murdered. On maps with mostly enclosed spaces, the sniper is either useless due to the whole scoping issue, or he is semi-competent with the Huntsman, a weapon many find terrible because of its projectile hitboxes and therefore "BS lucky headshots".Finally, compounding the issue for many, the Sniper have also gotten some of the more annoying weapons, such as the Sydney Sleeper for marking mini-crits with an almost uncharged bodyshot (thus making that person much more likely to die even if the sniper himself sucks), the Machina (with its damage increase and tracer rounds making it even more of a "bodyshotting from spawn" weapon), the Bushwacka (Axtinguisher for Sniper, essentially), the Razorback (completely useless but all the baddies think it will save them from spies) and then the whole "bodyshotter noob set": the Croc-o-Style. +25 HP, headshots won't kill you unless you have 1 HP already, only capability for bodyshots with Jarate and next to nothing else. It's a terrible package, really. I'm saying this as someone who's enjoyed both the rifle and the knife by themselves, but with the hat-based headshot immunity and lack of secondary it just reeks of something foul.And that is why a lot of people don't like Sniper; at least from what I know.

Eh, good snipers are certainly annoying (and a good wrangler setup makes me want to cry), but I just can't headshot. That's the reason I hate sniper. Point and simple, that is it. xDThat's also the reason why Pyro is my favourite class- the one where you can usually get three-four people in a panic and on fire very quickly.-ibrow

Sometimes I will go into a full on pyro suicide charge, I usually come out with 2 kills and 5 enemy players on fire. Especially heavy/medic pairings that hang out nearby.
Note that setting someone fire without actually focusing some damage on them (such as when you just sweep past a group) - when they got a Medic and your other teammates aren't shooting at them - is basically just feeding the enemy Über. Make sure to aim for the Medic before you die. A Medic is worth 2 or even 3 other teammembers depending on his skill. For every 125 health he heals, someone has essentially respawned right in the field with no delay. For every person he overheals your team has to pump out a lot more damage to get them down.

Sometimes I will go into a full on pyro suicide charge, I usually come out with 2 kills and 5 enemy players on fire. Especially heavy/medic pairings that hang out nearby.
Note that setting someone fire without actually focusing some damage on them (such as when you just sweep past a group) - when they got a Medic and your other teammates aren't shooting at them - is basically just feeding the enemy Über. Make sure to aim for the Medic before you die. A Medic is worth 2 or even 3 other teammembers depending on his skill. For every 125 health he heals, someone has essentially respawned right in the field with no delay. For every person he overheals your team has to pump out a lot more damage to get them down.
Medics are usually my desired targets there. Giving proper circumstances of course.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Could someone add me? I'm [REDACTED] in the game, and I'm usually a Pyro. I tried everyone else, but I just can't use them as well as I used the others.My arsenal is the Degreaser and usually the Shotgun or Scorch Shot as my secondary. I'm aiming to get an Axtinguisher, but it's taking way too long. Do you think this is a good build?

Edited by Fractual Forever
Removing personal data