Team Fortress 2

JiMing

I keep meaning to level up my Strange Bazaar Bargain - only fifty kills in the two weeks I've had it - but my Hitman's Heatmaker just sits there in my inventory, staring me down.All those decap kills, begging to be made... .-.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

When I play Sniper, I generally use the Huntsman so that I can get in a little closer.Also, I'm currently taking name suggestions for a Degreaser, perferably fire and blood lust related.Aaaand finally, I played on Degroot Keep for the first time yesterday as Pyro with the Backscratcher. I loved it. Hitting people in the back with a rake was so satisfying, and I was actually the second highest scoring on my team before it was time to get off.Best. map. ever.-ibrow

Huh, the game loves to toss me Scout weapons, looks like I know what class I'll be playing as for a while.I now have a Shortstop and a Boston Basher, I think the Shortstop speaks to me better than the stock Scattergun, as I like the increased accuracy. I haven't tried the Boston Basher, though.

Edited by XIV. Xion

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Boston Basher is eh. How often do you miss with the stock Bat?If the answer is "a fair amount", you'd better learn how to use the Basher quick or you're dead XDIt's a good weapon no doubt about it, but it's something you need to learn how to use. I'm good with Melee and all but that thing is too risky for me.

Undergoing Renovations...

The Boston Basher's self-inflicted damage can also be used to increase your jump height. Swing the Basher and jump before it hits you; repeatedly swinging and using your double jump can make you reach rocket-jumping heights (note you usually can't swing more than three times without dying). You know the area in Well outside spawn with two floors open above you? A Basher-jumping Scout can reach the top floor with the two medkits.Granted, you'll lose a lot of health by doing this so it's not the most practical application of the weapon, especially as an escape tool. It's nice to consider being able to hop over DeGroot Keep's walls, though. Be aware of where medkits are on the map and pair it with Bonk! or Mad Milk to minimize the bleed damage.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I rarely play Scout, but on occasion I'll bring out the basher for a little non-serious fun. Generally when I have it in my loadout I wait to use it until I run across a crowd of the enemy team... and then suddenly...OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL BLEEDING WHAT IS THIS WHERE DOES IT COME FROM-ibrow

I don't use the Basher because of dodgy hit detection. I hear the thunk noise but I do no damage. Of course, that means I'm dead in seconds.As for Strange Weapons, well, I have a pair of Broken In (Strange) Mantreads with 2 kills on it, a strange Market Gardener with 6 kills on it and a Sydney Sleeper with 0 kills on it. I also have WAY TOO MANY MEDIC WEAPONS. I have almost all of them apart from the Botkiller Medi guns.Okay, Mann VS Machine. Degroot Keep. Two pretty darn awesome things. AND SOMEONE PUT THEM TOGETHER INTO ONE MAP. mvm_degrootkeep is amazing, whether it be normal mode or advanced.By far the most powerful class in this mode is Medic, something I thought I'd never say. Huntsman Snipers are okay, but Medieval Medics with fully upgraded Crusader's Crossbow and Amputator (with upgraded Regenerating Health, Crit/Fire Resistance/Bullet Resistance) are literal tanks. Medieval sentry guns. Arrows of healing and hurting everywhere. It's amazing. While Huntsman Snipers can do explosive headshots, the Crossbow can penetrate robots, heal allies if you miss and reloads a billion times quicker.Demoknights are also powerful a staple for mvm_degrootkeep, especially with the number of heads you can collect on the Eyelander/UHHHH.Since money is easy to collect, there is less of a need for Scouts, but you can really mess with people by fully upgrading the Frying Pan. Because of the melee spam, it can get quite hard for Scouts to stay alive.Heavies and Soldiers are okay, but the lack of speed in earlier waves can mean the battle's won before you've got there. Nonetheless, DISCIPLINARY ACTION IS AMAZING.Engineers are sadly useless in this mode and Spies struggle a lot too due to no Sapper. Pyros have a LOT of fun, either with the Backscratcher, which is beastly in mvm_degrootkeep, or possibly in the form of two Pyros, one with the Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the other with the Axtinguisher.If anyone's interested in playing with me, my (account) name is phovostheraptor, my display name is Medic. I also have a bunch of spare weapons if you need anything.

Wait, so there's an mvm_degrootkeep now?I loved it when I found a stock maps Medieval MVM server, but it's gone now, and I'd love to see an mvm_degroot match.I remember one match on said server where me and another Demoknight were graced by the presence of Demopan himself, leading us onward towards victory!Is the server up and running 24/7? If so, I think I'll be able to find it via the server browser.

Edited by Vir Nemo

Do you believe in magic?

Wait, so there's an mvm_degrootkeep now?I loved it when I found a stock maps Medieval MVM server, but it's gone now, and I'd love to see an mvm_degroot match.I remember one match on said server where me and another Demoknight were graced by the presence of Demopan himself, leading us onward towards victory!Is the server up and running 24/7? If so, I think I'll be able to find it via the server browser.
I have no idea, but if you find it, let me know. I NEED to experience this.-ibrow

I've only found one server, 209.222.91.106:27050, a 24/7 server that runs it. It's a custom map, so you'll need to download it. My niggle is that the rounds are way too short.We have to all get on and play together. I'll be Soldier.

Sorry, I don't have any Pyro Strange weapons. I could try find you one but I think strange Pyro weapons are rather expensive. Actually, I just looked. A degreaser will cost you about 4 Refined.As for downloading the map, it downloads automatically when you join the server.

Phovos was pretty much just mentioning to have the 'download custom stuff' option checked in your settings, as it's required for downloading custom maps. =PAlso, I don't have any stranges yet. =( I need to work on getting stuff, though first and foremost is something from the Hat shop, so I can actually stop being called a F2P 'newb' at times. >_> I mean sure, I only have 100 hours registered, but I can pretty much keep up with the other people who aren't F2P now. For the most part. I still fail at some classes. -_-'

Oh, wait, you can't get a strange as a F2Per? That explains a lot... oops. Oh well, I guess Valve is going to be getting some of my money.
Well, I haven't yet confirmed it, but in my 110 hours of playing so far, I haven't yet seen a Strange, and I believe it's a Premium-only drop, maybe even only from Crates. =/

Oh, wait, you can't get a strange as a F2Per? That explains a lot... oops. Oh well, I guess Valve is going to be getting some of my money.
Well, I haven't yet confirmed it, but in my 110 hours of playing so far, I haven't yet seen a Strange, and I believe it's a Premium-only drop, maybe even only from Crates. =/
This... this makes me sad. But that's ok. I don't have anywhere near 110 hours of play and I'm still having a great time with no stranges. Sure would like one though...

CgoezGg.png

This is indeed the case. Strange weapons are a crate only thing. The only stranges not in crates are the Spirit of Giving badge and the Botkiller weapons from MvM.
There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

Dunno if you've checked already, but none of the current crates have Strange Degreasers. If you still have a #31, you might get it.Who else is excited for the Saxxies this year? While the award ceremony lacked presentation, I did enjoy getting to see some of the creativity in the community. With SFM thrown in the mix, I expect lots of great stuff from the participants.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I can't wait to see the finalists. It'll be sweet chicken nuggets. Also, that sucks. Guess it's off to some trading server... and time to get my 4 refined ready just in case.-ibrowEDIT: Also, Blade, that server you were on earlier was weird. Some of those guys on there were wacko. And then I got disconnected.

Edited by Voltex

Yeah, that can be an odd server at times, I agree. =P It can also be slightly hypocritical, like today... "NO SPAWNCAMPING! *Is shooting everyone who goes out of Red base in the head the moment they walk into sight*"

Haha, the only times he headshot me were when I was busy taking care of other players. xDOn cool notes, I was given a strange Degreaser by a friend and now have named it, so I have my very own unique special Degreser! =DTime to play TF2 until the ungodly hours of the early morning.-ibrow

I have loads of strange weapons. And 1000 hours of game play. And a fancy unusual hat. All of which I got from crafting spare weapons and trading, but yeah, TF2 Trading can be pretty nasty.Have any of you ever dabbled in Competitive TF2? Either Highlaner (9V9, 1 of each class) or 6v6 (Scout x2, Soldier x2, Demoman, Medic)? I honestly fancy it, but they ban all sorts of weapons, in particular, the Gunslinger.The Gunslinger is one of my favourite weapons.

I have loads of strange weapons. And 1000 hours of game play. And a fancy unusual hat. All of which I got from crafting spare weapons and trading, but yeah, TF2 Trading can be pretty nasty.Have any of you ever dabbled in Competitive TF2? Either Highlaner (9V9, 1 of each class) or 6v6 (Scout x2, Soldier x2, Demoman, Medic)? I honestly fancy it, but they ban all sorts of weapons, in particular, the Gunslinger.The Gunslinger is one of my favourite weapons.
No, I've never tried it. Mostly because I haven't bothered to find out how to join them, but also because they take place at specific times, and I'm not 100% sure I could make it..-ibrow

Haha, the only times he headshot me were when I was busy taking care of other players. xDOn cool notes, I was given a strange Degreaser by a friend and now have named it, so I have my very own unique special Degreser! =D-ibrow
I think someone may have taken up a sniper role after you left, then, because after I went sniper to try and counter that one guy, another guy appeared and began to headshot me as well. xD I just can't react fast enough, when there's two people taking turns killing me, and one decides to hide when I go to target him, allowing the other to shoot me. >_>' If you find a good server to play, send me a message on Steam, when I'm online. I'm always up for a good match, though I still need to get better at the different classes. Spy's fun to play as, but when people know you're a spy, they tend to get annoyed at you, and try to kill you specifically. =P I do know of another good server, but it's all-crits, which can be fun, but also cheap at times. =PAlso, congrats. =D
1. Wait, you crafted those weapons? Or did you mean you got them by trading the crafted weapons? 0_o2. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'd die rather quickly. Would be rather intriguing, however, to try it.

1. Wait, you crafted those weapons? Or did you mean you got them by trading the crafted weapons? 0_o2. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'd die rather quickly. Would be rather intriguing, however, to try it.
Crafted and traded. I worked my way up the trader chain by trading weapons and any hats I found, and by crafting a few good hats (Fast Learner, day it came out, sold it for a fortune), making funny trades (someone was willing to give me a strange festive flame thrower for my strange lollichop and strange rainblower) and simply getting lucky by trading for my Strange Festive Medigun when it was cheap.I wonder if I can link you to my backpack? I can't put links to 99% of places on the internet here, so I doubt this will work either. Edited by Phovos the Raptor