The Bionicle website is gone!

~garnira returns~

I was just looking through the products page of lego.com, and I noticed that the Bionicle website is gone! I wonder why it vanished?

EDIT: Turns out that the website hasn't been deleted, just the link is missing. However, I wonder if this means the website is near it's end?

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Relieved it's still around. It probably will have to go eventually, unless LEGO is planning to keep it around in case they go back to making BIONICLE sets.

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

No reason really it should stay in the products section. It only makes it more cluttered than it needs to be, and BIONICLE was discontinued almost three years ago.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It costs money to keep a website alive, and, Bionicle has been gone for years, so there's really no need to keep the website up, after all, with no new products, and all the games already archived on fansites, why not use the server space for something more profitable, Chima, for example, and just leave Bioniclestory.com up?

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

It costs money to keep a website alive, and, Bionicle has been gone for years, so there's really no need to keep the website up, after all, with no new products, and all the games already archived on fansites, why not use the server space for something more profitable, Chima, for example, and just leave Bioniclestory.com up?

LEGO has a massive server. BIONICLE takes up only a tiny fraction of this cyberspace. Its removal would have a negligible effect at best.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It'll probably be there for a long while yet. After all, the Exo-Force and Orient Expedition sites are still up even if they're not easy to get to.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

It'll probably be there for a long while yet. After all, the Exo-Force and Orient Expedition sites are still up even if they're not easy to get to.

None of those sites is online anymore, actually, only archived versions of them. Unless I'm missing something?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I swear the day they take the BIONICLE site off, it'll be a really bad day for BIONICLE fans across the globe.

//This.

Will it really? I hardly used the Bionicle website when the theme was still running, and haven't been there at all since it ended. And while I'm sure others may check it more often, there's really no reason to considering that it's no longer updating and all the information from the site is on BS01 already. The only things I can think of that would be lost are the games, and considering resourceful FOLs have managed to find even games that were considered long lost like the "Supersonic RC" game, even those probably wouldn't be gone for good. Discussion on the Message Boards would probably continue as well. The Bionicle site really doesn't represent that much as far as the theme is concerned, and it'd be far from the end of the world if it was taken down.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Will it really? I hardly used the Bionicle website when the theme was still running, and haven't been there at all since it ended. And while I'm sure others may check it more often, there's really no reason to considering that it's no longer updating and all the information from the site is on BS01 already. The only things I can think of that would be lost are the games, and considering resourceful FOLs have managed to find even games that were considered long lost like the "Supersonic RC" game, even those probably wouldn't be gone for good. Discussion on the Message Boards would probably continue as well. The Bionicle site really doesn't represent that much as far as the theme is concerned, and it'd be far from the end of the world if it was taken down.

Yeah I understand. But there are people here that are nostalgic enough, that if they take the site off it'll be close to the death of a relative, emotion-wise. Personally I'll miss the website designs. But so far LEGO seems fine enough to maintain the website, maybe until next year. :P

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Yeah I understand. But there are people here that are nostalgic enough, that if they take the site off it'll be close to the death of a relative, emotion-wise. Personally I'll miss the website designs. But so far LEGO seems fine enough to maintain the website, maybe until next year. :P

Agreed. It would be the final proof that Bionicle really is gone for good. :/

iwRQGDg.jpg

Not really. Even in the case that it would come back, they'd make an entirely new website anyway. :P As long as they keep the BIONICLE.com domain, I don't really see it as an issue.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

There is no proof for or against that. There is no way to tell that it will or will not come back until we get a not ambiguous word from an official source.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group