Some Random Visorak?

OK, so I was reading Bionicle Legends 1: Island of Doom again, and in the first chapter, Thok uses his power to control a bush and strangle a Visorak. Where did this Visorak come from?

Because Visorak are never mentioned again in the Voya Nui series. They never appear on the island again in the books or comics, or even the VNOG.

So why was there this random stray Visorak in the right time and place to get mangled by Thok?

Also, on that subject: do we know when the Visorak were created?

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

We don't know when, but we know it was sometime (presumably earlier to midway through the MU's time span) that Chirox created them, I also think that Visorak were on a few islands, not large populations of them, but some migrated around.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

The Visorak were created by Chirox shortly after the Matoran Civil War, so roughly 78,000 years ago. As for why they were on Voya Nui, northmarch is correct: a few of them were scouting out that region for Sidorak before the Great Cataclysm and were stranded thereafter.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that they were a scouting party from Sidorak's horde that was stranded there in the great cataclysm.

This is the accepted answer Although i do not believe it was a scouting party but just one of the visorak that was disbanded. Like He said it was mentioned somewhere but i doubt anyone will remember where exactly.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

BS01 Visorak page:

Visorak were also present on Voya Nui, as Thok encountered one shortly after his arrival on the island. These were scouts from Sidorak's army that became stranded on the island due to the Great Cataclysm.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

How would Thok strangle a visorak, they don't even have necks...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Visorak were scattered all over after Vakama freed the Horde.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I'm not sure if they were actually scouts or not, either way we know that they were separated from the others during the great cataclysm. I wonder what breed of Visorak it was or did have a certain objective, hmmm...

Biosector01 states that they were, indeed, scouts. For what specific purpose, we know not; but when it comes to characters like Sidorak, it's obvious he sent them there (and others places, if not the entire MU) to do simply that -- scout it out; gather info. If they happen to find something of use, they report back to Sidorak and he takes it from there. As for the breed, I have Island of Doom lying open to Chapter One on my lap as I write and it says nothing about the breed.

How would Thok strangle a visorak, they don't even have necks...

To quote Chapter One, page 9 into 10:"The white figure stopped suddenly. A Visorak was watching him from behind some nearby scrub, and evidently the Toa had detected it. Casually, as if he ran into such things every day, the Toa waved his hand in the Visorak's direction. The scrub suddenly came to life, its thick branches wrapping around the spider creature and squeezing tight. It did not let go until the Visorak had collapsed, its only movement an occasional twitch. At that point, the plant went back to being just a plant."Sounds kind of morbid, but Thok obviously used the plants to crush the Visorak like a mere tin-can. He did technically 'strangle' the thing, but perhaps 'mangle' would have been a better word.

Visorak were scattered all over after Vakama freed the Horde.

This is true, BUT, the Visorak we're talking about were never on Metru Nui at the time of the Great Rescue. The ones found on Voya Nui were sent there prior to the Great Cataclysm, which occurred 1,001 years before the main story takes place, so they were sent there at least 1,002 years ago. The Visorak Vakama freed had absolutely no way of getting to Voya Nui, nor any reason to. If y'all think about it, the Visorak sent to Voya Nui (I'm going to call them Team Bob for the sake of my sanity. :| ) were there doing their job during the majority of the LoMN movie. During the scene where Teridax finally reveals himself to the Toa Metru and begins to absorb energy from Metru Nui, Voya Nui is meanwhile shooting up to the surface, whereby stranding everyone on it, including Team Bob. They probably spent the better part of the next few days, weeks, months, or even years, trying to get off the island, but eventually gave up and realized that they were now free of Sidorak's reign and could live however they wished, spending the rest of their lives hunting the poor Matoran and rahi of Voya Nui. The one Thok killed was likely doing just that and learned the hard way that Thok was far from easy prey. Also, if you think about it, Bob died never knowing that Sidorak was dead and the rest of the horde disbanded.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

What media was the fact he was from a scouting party mentioned? I've never heard it. If you just look at the context, there's a lot of reasons a Visorak from the army would be there.

As for their history, the Visorak were created by Makuta Chirox, existed as wild animals, and were later organized into a Brotherhood army by Makuta Gorast.

In hindsight, Vakama's decision to release all of them back into the wild might not have been his boldest decision. The other Toa might not have felt like calling him out for releasing an army of giant evil spiders that mutate things, what with his being evil ten minutes ago.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!