BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I'm not quite sure you know what you're talking about, Flynn. Toa of plasma can't change anything this wish into plasma, at least not in this game. I think we've already talked about that?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I thought we determined that a Toa of Plasma can change anything into plasma, they just can't change it back. Since we're working off the understanding of plasma being a phase of matter, and not a substance in and of itself.

Edited by flynn58

I mean, as a toa of plasma, I could withstand the heat, but I'm not sure about you guys.

Doubtful, "resistant" doesn't mean "invulnerable".

Which is why it's always amusing when Ta-Toa light their fists on fire.

I thought we determined that a Toa of Plasma can change anything into plasma, they just can't change it back.

Also, this is kinda relevant.

The fog is an entirely new concept, that's right. You can't see it - besides, your character has no way of knowing it exists, you metagamers! - so you can't take any. Something with the awesome power of amnesia-fog-that-I-just-made-up is for GM use only.

• Upvote 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Which is why it's always amusing when Ta-Toa light their fists on fire.

It works in cartoons! :3

ngjhrabhkjfabgkfjdabgjfha hub y u do dis to meh

i dun wanna get on a physics rant right now

Of course, it's entirely possible for a Toa of Fire to do such a feat with the right application of his or her elemental power, though it is completely unnecessary and really just a drain on Elemental Energy.  In order to light their hands on fire for an extended period of time without actually injuring themselves would require them to either focus on redirecting the flames around their hands so as to create a thin layer of space between their skin and the superheated gases, or actively absorb any head from the flames that came close to their hands, which would probably just diminish the actual strength of the fire itself and create a feedback loop if they attempted to boost the flame's power with the energy that they had absorbed from it.

tl;dr, yes they can do it but it technically it should take some concentration to do so.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

They could have somehow reasoned with them. Or used their super brains to do some weird mind control thingy.

@Flynn: While most of the quests and stuff in the BZPRPG don't have a set number of players that can join or a certain time in which to do so, this one did. The call was sent out several months ago for players to join and has since been closed.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Wait, did you just say several MONTHS?

How long have you BEEN in the Dark Walk?

Welcome to bzptime. It moves far slower, or at times far faster than regular time.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Ok, wooooah there, everybody slow down.

Wait, did you just say several MONTHS?

How long have you BEEN in the Dark Walk?

Months of real-world time have passed since the Dark Walk quest began, but no more than a few in-game hours have passed for the characters involved, due to player inactivity slowing down our posting. As Vox said, you have to suspend your disbelief when it comes to time in the BZPRPG: different groups of players post at different rates, so in-game time is a little more fluid than you might expect.

Wait there's a quest into the Dark Walk?

Let's finish up this fight then, Emissary, I have a dungeon crawl to catch up to.

This sounds awfully like metagaming. The quest is going on specifically in the Po-Wahi Dark Walk—why would your character suddenly go to Po-Wahi and specifically enter the Dark Walk, when, last we heard, his destination was Ko-Koro?

Following on from that point:

As a Toa of Plasma, I could always convert the forgetful fog into forgetful plasma.

Would the forgetful fog cause amnesia in the state of plasma?

What temperature would it be in it's plasma state?

I mean, as a toa of plasma, I could withstand the heat, but I'm not sure about you guys.

Also, we could build a submarine and avoid the forgetful fog, but that's not as fun as roasting in forgetful plasma.

Be careful when referring to yourself as your character. You and your character are very separate entities, as Nuju Metru emphasised earlier, and it is very important that you remember that. Your character doesn't know everything that you, as a player, know, and you should take pride in writing a character well rather than having him 'win'.

Finally:

The pun train stops here.

Use of excessively large font in News & Discussion is reserved for staff, who only tend to use it for very important announcements that need to be noticed by everyone. You just made a bad joke over the tannoy system.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Wait there's a quest into the Dark Walk?

Let's finish up this fight then, Emissary, I have a dungeon crawl to catch up to.

This sounds awfully like metagaming. The quest is going on specifically in the Po-Wahi Dark Walk—why would your character suddenly go to Po-Wahi and specifically enter the Dark Walk, when, last we heard, his destination was Ko-Koro?

No that was actually a vision of a memory of a dream currently I'm fighting a dollar-store glatorian on a boat.

No that was actually a vision of a memory of a dream currently I'm fighting a dollar-store glatorian on a boat.

I'm not sure whether that was meant to be personal, or whether you were just blissfully unaware of who invented the Lesterin species :P

And anyway, the point still stands. What motivation does your character have to suddenly go to Po-Wahi and wander into the Dark Walk?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Absolutely blissfully unaware. Although in hindsight that actually is quite funny.

As for the Dark Walk, my character has always asked himself one question. Where did the Red Brick Road in Wizard of Oz lead?

And the entrance to the Dark Walk is covered in the blood of dead Rahkshi, Matoran, Skakdi and Vortixx, correct?

Thus, the path to the Dark Walk IS red, and my character's curiosity can only be sated by going into the Dark Walk once he discover's the pathway's red-ness.

At which point he shall meet a Kraata named Phil, and allow it to bond to his back, and go on fun adventures.

Edited by flynn58

Oh dear...this is why I usually don't follow N&D too closely. Anyway: 

Forgetful fog: Maybe it would be prudent to not introduce entirely new ideas that have to be retconned into the backstory of every off-island character without proper foreshadowing. Let's just stick to "Makuta did it and memories are hazy". Consistency - in the words of Tony the Tiger: "It's grrreeeeeat!"

Flynn: Your character is more than welcome to be curious and investigate locations if that is something you want to do with him. However we do love ourselves some good in-game motivation for characters, so in order to be curious about those places your character would have to learn about them first in-game.Of course, if that is not your style, it is entirely possible to come across these things by random chance, or as we like to call it: Plot-convenience and metagaming. Now, we have had people play a bit loose with the mechanics of the game before. Some listened to the sage advice of their fellow players and we greatly enjoy their company to this day. Others were not that wise and their characters in the best case lost appendages, in the worst case they became part of a statistic on casualties of metagaming. So, better make sure one of those bodies at the entrance doesn't turn out to be your character's. The BZPRPG universe has a wicked sense of karmic justice.

Edited by Smaug the Terrible
  • Upvote 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png