Should making polls be a PM perk?

~Shockwave~

Should making polls be a PM perk?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For awhile now I've wondered if polls should be a PM perk. Now that I'm a PM I thought I'd see how many people agree with me.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I'll say yes. It's cool enough that it makes PMs (or at least me) feel special, but when I was a normal member it wasn't debilitating enough to be frustrating. As Lupus pointed out, it's not hard to get a PM to make you a poll.

Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

Voted middle.

It used to make a lot of sense; we need SOME motivation for PMship.

But the way it is now, it seems like almost nobody ever makes polls. Not really sure why. Maybe it's a statistical illusion due to the overall lower activity, but it seems like a lot less percentagewise than it used to be. So maybe it should change. I dunno.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Bah! How dare you suggest us Premier Members don't deserve exclusive rights!</sarcasm>

Honestly, I don't care either way. There are good arguments on both sides here - it is a perk for donating, and people can always get someone else to start the poll., but on the other hand, why not let everyone use it? To me, its up to the staff, and they've made their decision based on some factor.

-TN05

No. While having many PMship perks is generally positive, I really don't think the ability to start a topic in a particular forum should be one of them. It kind of creates a part of the community that's pay-to-participate, the rest of us can only vote or play the game in Games & Trivia's case. And I feel this might be a deterrence to new members as well, who feel like BZPower is obligating them to buy PMship. The voting booth is kind of a dead forum by now, similar to SBC and Marketplace Banter & Promotions. But unlike those, it isn't dying due to lack of interest. It's due to a lack of ability to start topics. And no topic lives forever.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

I voted yes because it's kind of adorable.

Okay I should really sleep now.

I um... ok... And the winner of the most random logic behind their reasoning is:...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

I voted I don't care either way. I don't think there's any problem with it being a PM perk--as others have said, it's extremely simple to ask a Premier member to make one for you, but I wouldn't really care if anyone could, either. I guess we'll see this week if there seems to be a lot of new polls (with regular members having Premier perks), but even if so, again considering how easy it is to ask someone to make one for you, it doesn't seem necessary to let everyone.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

When the Voting Booth was still around, I was in favor of opening it up to all members. Now, since polls can be made in many different forums, I think it has increased attractiveness as far as being a perk goes. It's now more of a perk than the sort of exclusive privilege that exemplified the latter days of the VB, so I voted to keep it a Premier perk. Of course, along the same lines, I don't really care if it's opened up to all members or if a compromise is somehow reached between the two options.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I voted yes really just on the principle of perks are a good thing as an incentive for getting Premier Membership.But I feel more like it doesn't matter, especially with the Voting Booth being removed. We don't have rampant use of polls like we used to, so there really shouldn't be a flood of strange poll topics or topics that needlessly have polls attached to them. I don't see it being an issue if everyone had the ability.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

The only reason I got Premier Membership was because my then-shallow self wanted proto.

It means a lot more to me now. I am incredibly glad I was able to support BZP, even though the small contribution of Lifetime PMship doesn't necessarily go a long way on its own. But these things add up and I know it helped.

In any case, I voted no.

I think they should remain as a premier perk, because, as others have said, it gives people an incentive to donate to the website. Also, if poll-making was opened up to all members, I feel as if there would be an increase of unnecessary spammy polls.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock