Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Scorcher

"Right we should probably introduce ourselves. My mutant name is Scorcher, but call me Kane." he grinned. "And this is Magnitude also known as Zachary. He's full of sarcastic jokes that can keep you entertained for hours." he said with a wink.

"Well nice to meet you two. Now as I said can we go anywhere less dark and damp? I've been down here for hours and wouldn't mind going somewhere else."

"Right," Kane said he turned towards the ladder they'd come down and the spotlight of sunlight streaming down. "Let me make sure the coast is clear. We don't want anyone spotting this bunker." he then proceded to climb up. When his head was out of the opening Kane glanced around at the city. He could see a huge plume of smoke in the distance. Or maybe it was a cloud of dust.

"Looks like some buildings or something blew up. Wonder what's going on. On the bright side I don't think anyone will be paying us much attention. Even if she is bright purple." Kane shouted down to Zachary.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

Carefully looping her arms behind Aella's knees, Tera took a deep breath, and stood. She had to lean forward slightly to adjust for her new center of balance, but overall, carrying her passenger wasn't too hard. With a mile or two at least to cross over uneven ground, however, she knew that even with her level of fitness she'd be sore by the end of it.

No point in worrying about that, though. Physical exertion was just what her state of mind needed.

She started walking forwards, taking great care in where she stepped to avoid falling, and to keep from jostling Aella too much. While it might be overly cautious, it was best to be careful. It had only been a night since her initial injury, after all. Speaking of Aella... Though it hadn't occurred to her much prior, she would need to find the other woman a new set of clothes. Trinity too. The jumpsuits they wore seemed very uncomfortable. Mentally, she ran a mental check on what she had brought in the bag slung across her shoulders, currently bouncing next to her hip. She had at least ones set of clothes in there, they might fit Aella. Trinity was going to be a bit harder.

"So, Aella." She said as cheerfully as she could. "Anything you're curious about? It's a long walk, so I might as well answer some questions on the way."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

Anything I was curious about. Well, considering I knew almost nothing of the world, the list was quite large, larger than I even knew. I had figured somethings out on my own through what I had observed so far, and my own conclusions, though it wasn't as much as I'd hoped.

"Well...I'm not sure where to begin honestly..." I trailed off, deciding what to ask first. "I think I understand what a city is...it's where people live. But how big is it? I'm looking all around and all I see are massive towers reaching toward the sky in every direction! And while we're at it, how many cities are there? Just this one?"

It ended up being more than one question, but the more I asked the more questions seemed to pop up.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well, cities are all a little different. To start with, there are hundreds of cities across the world, maybe thousands, but only a few hundred approach a size like this. What you see around you is just Manhattan, one of five sections of New York City." Tera paused long enough to breathe and gather her thoughts, before resuming.

"Some cities are really small, only a few thousand people, while others are massive, containing a few million. New York is one of the big ones."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Tera spoke of the hundreds...or even thousands of cities as if it was a trivial thing.

Well, I supposed it was, though not to me, I could hardly believe there could be that many cities...the world had to be ###### HUGE. If millions of people could live in a single city...

"Wait, there are millions of people?" I found myself asked, "Just how many people are there?"

"WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!" Trinity shouted, skidding next to Tera with a certain glee as she dashed over to us, "What's a city???"

I sighed, I should have figured Trinity would have even more questions. Then again, I didn't mind hearing the answers myself.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"A city, Trinity, is a place like this used to be. It's an urban area where people live." Tera replied, glancing at the younger girl, before rolling her eyes in their sockets to try and look at Aella out of the corner of her eye. "The population of this planet is around seven billion people."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

I was still trying to process everything I had just learned when I heard yet another word I wasn't familiar with.

"Moon? What's a moon? Or colonies for that matter..."

Edited by Yoko Littner

I looked up toward the sky, something I was also not used to seeing, it was a bit frustrating, I felt like I was supposed to already know all these things...but something was...missing.

The moon appeared to be an enormous white ball, shining in the sky, kind of like the sun, but not yellow and super bright.

"So, it's like a...small planet?"

IC:

"..."

"Trinity, that second word isn't appropriate to say." Tera said, after a long, long pause. "And I may have to have a chat with Aella about what she says a round you."

"But to answer your question, "urban" refers to an area like this one. More buildings, higher population density, that sort of things. Places like where I ran into you guys are called "rural", because not much change has been made. They're still pretty natural."

fK5oqYf.jpg

I made a nervous chuckle. "Well...I was wondering why the guards always liked saying ###### or ######, or why they called me ###### all the time."

Well, the truth was, I knew they weren't nice words. But it had never stopped me from saying them!

IC:

"..."

"That last one is a truly horrible thing to have been called often," Tera said to Aella, blinking once. She'd have given the other woman another hug, but that wasn't really possible at the moment. "But the bottom line is that they shouldn't be said around Trinity if you can help it."

"Trin, neither of those words are appropriate. They're rather rude to say in public, particularly for your age."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Mimic

Christine sighed and then got up from her bed. Just like that and Matt and Aleks were rushing off to save the world. She would of went with them but they'd seemed to be in a hurry and possibly they needed the alone time. The southern belle stepped out of her room and began to walk down the hallway. She'd gone back after she'd seen the spectacle between Kristen and John. Once it had ended she'd gone back to her room but she was bored. There had to be something to do around here.

OOC: Open for interaction within the school.

My eyes widened a bit at Trinity's outburst...normally I'd be the one talking like that. It was weird hearing someone else sound like...well me.

I whispered into Tera's ear. "She mightttt have learned every inappropriate word I could think of...before we escaped...sorry..."

I felt a bit ashamed that I had taught Trinity words she was apparently not suppose to know or say. Which was a strange feeling for me to feel, I usually just did what I wanted and never regretted a bit of it.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"Don't worry about it." Tera replied quietly. "Truthfully, whether or not she says such words is going to be the least of her problems."

Loudly enough for Trinity to hear, she spoke again. "Age, Trinity, refers to how old you are. I'm a bit over twenty one years old. You're probably about fourteen, by my guess. Which is also why such words are bad for you to say, because they're words for adults to use, once they really understand the implications of what they mean."

fK5oqYf.jpg

As Trinity asked more questions I slowly started to lose interest in asking any myself. It took a lot of effort to think of them, and my brain wasn't exactly feeling one hundred percent.

I let my head rest against Tera as I closed my eyes for a moment, half listening to the ongoing conversation.

IC:

"A year is three hundred and sixty five days, and a day is the time it takes to go through an entire cycle around the sun. To us, that means one daytime and one night time, for twenty four hours."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I think, I was in that place for over a year...I kept track of how many times I went to sleep, and when I woke up. Four hundred....something days..." I half muttered, I was really tired. I understood how long a year was...a really, really long time.

Edited by Yoko Littner