Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Kristen shifted uncomfortably, her eyes downcast.

"... When my arm was cut off... My body went into shock and shut my powers off... Or something like that. Before that, I could shapeshift, look however I wanted to... And I guess you could say I was a 'vampire' as well. I could take memories, personalities, and powers for a time. But probably the most deadly part of that arsenal was the power to drain lifeforce..." As Kristen explained this, it was obvious that it was a bit of a touchy subject with her, loosing her powers, as she looked everywhere else but at Lynae.

A mutant without their powers is what again?

Probably something along the lines of 'sitting duck'.

Or even better! Dead Weight.

Hahaha! That was a good one!

"I used that last one a bit when I was younger... And now? I guess the only real way to explain why all this has happened to me is Karma. I've probably deserved ever little bit of it."

And more. You deserve so much worse.

A shame that when John and you fought, he didn't finish the job.

IC:

"Because this place is probably the only place I can be treated as normal," Kristen said, frowning as she rubbed her arm with her prosthetic, "Because my only friend is here... Because my mother left me here... Because I'm not good at anything..."

Kristen looked away from Lynae, hoping that she wouldn't cry as she talked about the things she never talked about with anyone else.

"I'm probably going to be stuck here forever. Because I can't protect myself, because I don't have some sort of special talent, or any skill to get an actual job. All I was ever good at was fighting. And that? That came back to bite me. Hard."

Edited by Durandal Years

IC: Lynae

"Child... The world is a rough place. Yea you've had it bad, but so many people do too. You have to stop being the victim." She said, giving the girl a stern look.

"I've lived for several centuries and thinking that you can't do anything doesn't get you anywhere."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC: Feral

"Actually forget I said anything Cali. The X-Men are gone, my superhero days are over. Let's hope not too many innocents were killed." John said. He then turned and grabbed a bottle of Platinum vodka off a table and turned towards the door.

"Also I'm borrowing this." he said as he popped it open and took a swig before leaving the room. John walked down the hallway as he took another gulp from the bottle. He needed this. He hated the fact that he needed this bottle right now but that didn't change the fact that he did. He'd been clean for over a year. Training with the Hand didn't give him much time to drink. But now with New York under attack again and John powerless as people died he couldn't help himself.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Triblade

As Matt stood in Christine's doorway suddenly the same geeky kid that can change the TV channels with his eyes walked down the hallway past Matt. "Seems the giant mech blew up and now you just look goofy." the kid sneered as he headed down the hall before vanishing into his room.

It was over. Matt hadn't even had time to intervene. The mech had exploded and he was sure people had died.

"**** it I didn't put this on for nothing. There could be injured people out there that need help. I'm going." Matt said not waiting for a response before he turned down the hall.

A few minutes later and he stood outside the garage.

"Wait... where's my car?!"

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

Kristen bit her lip, shuffling slightly as she tried to put her thoughts to words. When she finally started to speak again, her face started to turn red as she finally spoke of the one thing, the single thing that would plague her for the rest of her life.

"Lynae... I'm honest-to-goodness not good at anything... And," Kristen paused, forcing herself to look Lynae in the eye as she spoke, "I can't think clearly. I never can think clearly, not any more. There are so many different... People in my head. And they're always talking, always yelling. At me."

Kristen started to fiddle nervously with the connection between her prosthetic and her arm, keeping her eyes on Lynae's, "They hate me. Each and every single one hundred andsixteen of them... And I don't know what to do about it."

Sometime later and John was still wandering through the mansion with the bottle clutched in his hand. Only now it was almost empty. The affects of alcohol didn't exactly affect him like a normal person, but John's healing wasn't as strong as it used to be, and he'd drank a lot. He nearly bumped into two people talking without meaning too.

"Oh, my bad didn't really see you there." John grunted. His breath smelt of alcohol. Suddenly his dark cyan eyes widened as he recognized one of the girls in front of him. Recognized the place where his claws had slashed through what used to be his and was now her arm.

"Oh, god. Christopher?" John said shocked. He knew that scent. It was Christopher but he was still in the shape of a girl. **** this is the last person I needed to see.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC: Shutdown

"Where the H### have you been?!"

Tali pushed past John to glare at Kristen, then her expression softened slightly. "And who is that?"

IC: Nathaniel Hawkins. How far he'd come.

Well, he was still kinda in the same place, just with one critical difference. Shiloh and Dominik had drifted away, leaving Nate to bide his own time.

Currently, that involved taking care of the more... Strange residents of New York and the surrounding area. Which is why he was now tracking Sierra, stepping over the Institute border with care.

Nathaniel Hawkins, Monster Hunter.

Nah, too stupid.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

:J- J- John..?"

I stopped thinking. My mind went completely blank, except for one little thing.

John. Right here, in front of me. Right now.

I've always had conflicting feelings on John. This version of him was much nicer than my version, and I one point, I knew we could've been friends. Guess that made what he did even worse. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. I felt no remorse for thinking about what I wanted to do to this . Being angry does that to you. And boy, I really get angry when thinking about John.

The legion of voices in my mind suddenly stopped hurtling insults at me. I didn't notice the extra breathing room, the fact that my mind's other occupants had stopped their little game of king of the hill at my whim. Instead, I just felt the pure, unbridled rage of one hundred and seventeen people (myself included of course), for once hating the exact same person. They others... I knew they had mixed agendas. From what I could gather, after being mentally assaulted by them at all hours of the day, that there were two sides to them. Those that wanted me to end up killing myself once they pushed me far enough... But then there those who remember what I was able to do with Sarah, my mother. They want a second chance at life, and they want me alive to do it. The thing is, all of them learned from my last encounter with him, that John was dangerous, and he wouldn't hesitate to kill me. Nobody wanted that, ironically. They either wanted me to do it, or them to do it themselves after they got everyone out.

One hundred and seventeen personalities (myself included), wanting revenge.

So when Lynae first pulled me away from John, I was limp in her arms as my mind tried to comprehend that John was back. Tali had re-appeared from somewhere, and probably was asking who Lynae was, but I never remember seeing her until after my encounter with John.

The second I fully recognized in my brain that it was John, standing in there, was the second I started struggling against Lynae, trying to get to John and tear his throat out.

"JOHN!" I remember roaring at one point, "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID!"

IC: Siegfried blinked, drawn from his thoughts, and turned to address his hailer. A melancholy, but warm smile crossed Siegfried's face upon recognition.

"Erin. It's good to see you alive and well, even amongst this devastation."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Siegfried chuckled mirthlessly. "How true."

Glancing off to the side, Siegfried crossed his arms over his chest, one hand balling into a frustrated fist in the crook of his arm. "Looking around at all of this, I feel plagued by 'if only's."

Turning back to Erin, his tone turned inquisitive. "Did anyone else survive this aside from you? Was there any sort of evacuation?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

"At one time you were like me, all you did was kill. I remember what you were like when you first came to this universe. But I think we're all tired of the death. I understand why you want to kill me. If I were in your shoes I would want the same thing." He hadn't flinched as Kristen had roared at him. He'd expected this reaction when he saw her.

If this was a year ago Kristen's yelling would of sent John over the edge. His claws would of been out and he would of done something.

But not now. John could feel his claws itching to come out but he held them back with the restraint he'd learned. Restraint from his training with the Hand.

Part of John wished that she would kill him. He felt like he deserved to die for what he did, but another part or him wanted to live. To protect those he loved: Alex, Dallas, Julia. Even if some of them hated him.

"I'd say an eye for and eye and let you slice off my arm right now but then I'd be needing a metal one like yours and then I'd wind up a bit too close to the Ultimate ***hole version of me." John said as he took another swig.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

"I saw three others, and I don't doubt that nearby there are more. I know that the family I've been working with got out in time to be out of the blast radius, as did quite a few civilians, likely - though I doubt the majority of them got out far enough in time to escape unharmed, or alive." Erin shook his head, sighing.

"I have this odd feeling that you and I are going to be called upon again, aren't we?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Sierra

"To be honest with you, I'm not really sure myself. This... isn't right." she paused for a moment, thinking. "Is it possible for mental illness to affect powers?"

Her blood was starting to form a good sized puddle.

IC Peter

"Uh, yeah," Peter answered. They were getting close to the infirmary now. "Wait... When you introduced yourself, you said 'I'm Song! Although the other me calls herself 'Sierra'."

IC:

"I'm inclined to agree with that," Erin said. He looked at the scene of destruction around him, sighing again. Rescue workers were already beginning to show and start digging to get out anybody who might be trapped. And while Erin wanted to stay and help - and likely Sieg did as well - they might have other obligations.

"Do you think we ought to try and contact SHIELD, see if they need us for anything, or should we start digging and clearing?" the man asked, turning back to Siegfried. "I know that I would choose the latter, but the possibility is there that we might be instantly called up...and these guys probably have things under control as it stands."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now