Marvel, Rebirth:

IC Peter

"... You need some rest." Sitting Song/Sierra/whatever in a chair, he went to talk with the nurse, keeping an eye on the girl. "Oh... Forgot to go to the laundry room. Oh well." Peter briefly looked at the clothes he was still holding before resuming his conversation with the nurse. "I'm not sure what's going on, but a temporary dose of power suppressant shouldn't hurt. Also, I would seriously recommend a psychiatric checkup; I suspect this girl may have dissociative identity disorder..."

IC:

John's comment only further inflamed me as I lunged at him once again, hands reaching out to try to grab him, to get a hold on him, anything to hurt him. I remember that I continued to shout at him, but I couldn't remember a thing of what I said in my anger. People would later tell me that the litany of hate that spun from my mouth turned the paint on the walls a darker shade, and made the carpeting and wood furnishings age rapidly to a state of extreme decay.

If I had the power to do that, I'd believe them. But since I don't, I just regard it as an urban myth. Like bigfoot, or the batman.

I didn't really hear Tali at the time. The things going through my head was only the single-minded hatred of John, the things flashing before my eyes was every time I had thought about what I would do to him in revenge, and my blood most certainly was broiling. All I knew was that Lynae was restraining me from getting at John, and I needed to kill John.

That was the only important thing at the moment.

The only.

IC: Feral, Mimic

"Hey blondie I have a name and I'm standing right here." John glared.

"And I'm not drunk, it takes a lot more of this to make me drunk." he said as he drained the rest of the bottle before placing it down on the floor.

"That's right Tali can keep me on my leash. I'm with her on this one, exactly who are you?"

John chuckled as he watched the blonde chick restrain Kristen. "So much unbridled anger. You remind me of myself a year ago. You might want to get that checked out before you end up slicing off someone's arm too. You want to let some of that anger out? You want to hurt me? Beat me up? Go for it, punch in my face, break a few of my ribs. I'm giving you permission. Nothing more though, if you try to kill me I'll be forced to defend myself but I'll let you get a good number of hits in."

"What in the Sam HeII is going on here?" Christine said as she approached the scene, hands on her hips.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC: Sierra

"Got a secret, can you keep it?

Swear that this one you'll save.

Better lock it in your pocket,

Takin' this one to the grave."

Song sung quietly to herself, gently running her fingers over the blade's edge before flinging it across the room. It hit the wall and stayed there.

"Because two can keep a secret, when one of them is dead."

IC:

"As I said, my name is Lynae, not blondie. And I am a friend of Kristen's." She growled as she lifted Kristen off the ground and attempted to move her away.

"Now leave so that she doesn't hurt anyone."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC Peter

"Uh..."

Peter turned and grabbed the knife off of the wall. "Ahem. School regulations state that bladed weapons should not be concealed on a student's person, and if discovered, confiscated. Only the X-Men are exempt." Examining the knife, Peter muttered something to himself. "g=-0.001m/s," and the knife slowly began to hover in his hand. The nurse went to the medicine cabinet to find the right medication before gesturing for Song to enter the infirmary proper.

IC:

When Lynae lifted me off the ground, I stopped trying to break free of her grip. The only way I'd be getting out now would be to kick her, and even in my enraged state, I knew I didn't want to do that. So I just hanged there, fuming as I glared at John, slowly starting to notice that Tali was here... As well as my sister.

Where the had they come from?

"Lynae! Let me go!" I begged, my breathing slow, steady, and sounding like someone who was barely containing their anger, "This guy needs to pay for what he did to me! And so does whoever the allowed him to come back here!"

IC: Feral, Mimic

"Fine, I'm going." John said as he put his hands in the air and walked backwards.

"That would be Warren who let me come back. And I agree with you on that comment Kristen." John said, trying out Christopher's new name.

"If you're ever not in a murderous rage and want to talk and have a drink come find me." John said before turning to go.

"Well ah never, Kristen..." Christine shook her head slowly.

IC: Tali muttered something under her breath about Warren's judgment and shook her head, stepping over to Lynae and Kristen, looking into the latter's eyes. "Kristen, calm down. John will get his, eventually. But I really hope it's not from you."

"We've both done enough killing."

IC: Nate whistled slightly as he walked through the halls of the Institute.

Accursed shapeshifters.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Peter

"I'll leave her to you then," Peter told the nurse, walking out, still holding Song's knife (he had made sure to revert gravity around it back to normal). Walking through the halls, he heard the faint sound of somebody whistling. "Hello?" Peter called out. "If you're a student, you should be in class right now, unless you have a spare..."

OOC that would be Nate

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: Siegfried took a deep, slow breath before replying. "As much as I would like to stay and help here, you are right. Things are likely well in hand here, or at least as well as can be, and if we're going to be contacted, we may as well make ourselves available."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

I remember at Tali's comment, the 'alliance' between me and the voices broke, and all their hate towards me returned in full force.

Disgusting mutant.

Murderer.

Monster.

Disgusting .

You little .

You're nothing but a failure.

You're pathetic.

You don't even deserve to exist.

Why don't you just kill-

At that moment, I struggled not to break into tears. Each and every single one of them, yelling at me. Not as if they didn't do that before... But I wasn't prepared for it. Not so soon after John leaving...

"Lynae... Tali... Christine... I'm sorry... I saw John and I just- I just lost it..."

IC:

When the president stepped into a press conference for the second time that week, a very different scene awaited him than before. Whether due to the lack of notice, or another, far more permanent reason, less than half the number of reporters had come, and the presence of other parties was minimal. His own esscort was present, as always taking their positions on either side of the president, sstanding a few short paces behind him. Security was far more heightened than at the last conference, too. Secret Service agents were present at every doorway, watching for the slightest sign of danger.

But those were not the only changes. When Jameson stepped in front of the podium, it was as if he had aged a hundred years in a single week. The lines on his face were more pronounced, his posture was slightly slumped, and he looked like he hadn't slept for day. It wasn't all that surprising, not to anyone who had paid attention in the elections. He was from Manhattan personally, and as was slowly being reported, Manhattan no longer really existed.

"Ladies and gentlemen," He began, his voice quieter than usual, but still clearl audible in the dead silent room. "There aren't really any words to address the magnitude of this calamity."

"New York was where I grew up, and where I have lived most of my adult life. And it is where, had I not been elected, my family and I would have been today. I had friends there, coworkers, people very important to me. And in the span of a fifteen minute attack, I hav no idea if they're alive or dead."

"The machine that attacked New York was only in action for about twenty minutes, from the moment it surfaced to the moment it exploded. And in that time, the only actions take against it came from civilians. Came from people who tried to do the right thing."

"And you know what? I have officials down the hall screaming at me to get the people who fought it arrested and brought to court. I have people screaming that stolen government property was used, and I have anti-mutant groups yelling at me, and you know what? Not a single one of these groups waited more than an hour to get on the phone."

Slowly, his tone changed from grief to anger, and the transition kept on going as his voice increased in tone and volume. The grief was still there at the core of his words, but rather than remaining quiet, it had turned into the source for his anger.

"You know who you are, and you should be ashamed of yourselves! Legal or no, these people did more to try and stop it than our military did, all because a bunch of fools sat around arguing about jurisdiction and tactics. I have yet to find out exactly who is responsble for the delay that may have cost thousands of lives, but I assure you, when I find them, they will be brought up on every charge that can possibly be leveled against them."

"But I am not entirely blameless, either. Our government for the past twenty years has been slowly restructured to shift its focus towards dealing with empowered beings, and that's something that should have been dealt with faster. I trusted that SHIELD would deal with Hydra while I worked to whip our government and military back into shape, but ultimately, I placed my faith in a force I have no control over."

"And that is not a mistake I intend to make again. From this day forward, I have had enough of the games some of my fellow politicians enjoy playing. Our military was woefully unprepared to deal with Hydra's tactics, and far too many lives were lost. I have meetings scheduled with the other relevant officials for later this afternoon."

A long pause, accompanied by a series of quick blinks as his voice quieted. "There really is nothing I can say to dull this pain, and my heart goes out not only to our own citizens, but to the citizens of the other countries affected by these attacks. Aid has been dispatched to New York, and I am in contact with the other world leaders to discuss what must be done next."

"I wish us all the best of luck, and I pray that as many people as possible emerge from this unharmed. If anyone has any questions, now is the time to voice them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Saphine)

"Good. Good." Saphine shook her head, trying to clear it. "If you know the number, call one of the GoldPoint offices. They'll have plans for this sort of thing. Don't know that number, try to call up Borte Khan's office, don't know if anyone will pick up but...." The vampire gestured at the burning landscape around them. "We dont got much choice do we?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Siegfried took a deep, slow breath before replying. "As much as I would like to stay and help here, you are right. Things are likely well in hand here, or at least as well as can be, and if we're going to be contacted, we may as well make ourselves available."

IC:

Erin nodded, before reaching into his satchel and pulling out his thankfully-unharmed tablet. Made by Erin for Erin, and with better computing power than most of the best computers available to the civilian market, and with the needed passwords to combat security encryptions and firewalls and such and patch him in directly with SHIELD leadership. He punched in the command to connect to Nick Fury - or, well, really anybody who'd be able to tell him and Sieg where they were needed and what they needed to do - before speaking into the microphone present on the device, turning it to catch video feed of both himself and Siegfried on the secure channel.

"You've got agents Erin and Siegfried here - codenames Xi and I-Don't-Even-Know-What - requesting orders, or at least suggestions," Bruce Banner's son said in his usual half-formal tone he used with command, "On what to do now that the giant destructo-bot HYDRA brought over is gone. Anybody there willing to help?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC I am so going to format this later...

IC Tokiomi

A society can only function when all of its members function properly. Without properly functioning members, a society will fail, like a watch with broken springs.

Landing the plane, Tokiomi got out of the primary cockpit, looking towards New York. Even from as far away as the airbase, he could clearly see the damage that had been done. Unlike many, who reacted with shock or sorrow, Tokiomi simply stared, his face indifferent, as if he was looking at paint drying on a wall rather than a damaged city.

When a member of society behaves in a way destructive towards society, they must be rectified. This behavior must be rectified before it can become a habit.

Not waiting for Rashad to exit the plane, Tokiomi took out a tablet from a bag that he had been carrying with him. Still in full flight gear, Tokiomi opened a communication channel, and when he was sure that it was secure, began talking into it. "S.H.I.E.L.D. command, this is Agent Nagato, codename Quattuor. About fifteen minutes ago, I requested for an investigation of the waters surrounding Manhattan by the forensics team and any acientists on hand that specialized in geology, marine biology, and physics. I would like to know if I have the green light for this operation and if preparations are ready."

Destructive behavior must be rectify in order to protect society. No cost is too great to rectify destructive behavior. If rectification fails, there is no other choice but to eliminate the pervasive individual.

IC: Even out of her armour, when she looked her most human, Persephone never really looked real. She looked like someone had managed to photoshop her in real life. Lines and pores were blurred away, her skin looked like it was under whichever filter made it stand out most against the background, her eyes popped just a little too much. Fine for publicity shoots, where she was expected to be dolled up like that, not so good with prolonged contact. Sort of blows your cover story of being human if people notice your basically a living barbie doll.

Now though? Now the perfection was marred by scratches on her armour, dust and soot on her face where she'd raised her visor, her hair poking untamed through the face of her helmet with the ponytail on that same helmet looking more like a rat's tail it was so bedraggled. She was looking a bit worse for wear because she'd been running herself ragged helping as much as she could with the rescue and relief. Fires were smothered, wreckage was removed, survivors on the edge of the blast zone were airlifted out of every nook and crevice she could find.

It was an almost Pinocchio-like effect. The more Persephone pushed herself to the help of others, the more her plastic perfection was spoiled. The more human she acted, the more human she appeared...

IC: "Fine whatever," Magnitude said, "Maybe you'll grow into an actual telepath one day."

IC: Even in a place as full of flare ups and awash with teen hormones as the Institute big rows still drew people in like bees to honey. Possibly because with so many mutant powers in one place a fight was always good for a show. So Alec, still looking for Ashley, had been sucked into the steadily-growing crowd surrounding the potential war about to go down between John and his many detractors. But as the potential for a head-kicking diminished to zero and the crowd flitted back to whatever they were supposed to be doing Alec stayed behind. Possibly it was time to bring more people in to his "keep tabs on Mister Stabby" plan. Even if Ashley was still the only one who could actually talk to the spy plants, having more people to either find her or just keep eyes on John couldn't hurt.

"Hey, Kristen, Tali, how about we have a little heart-to-heart in my office?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Shutdown

Tali gave Lynae a quizzical look. The way she was acting... More like someone closer than a friend just met today.

She focused on Alec. "I'm up for it."

IC: Alyssa's eyes blinked open, the incessant beeping of a comm waking her out of troubled sleep.

Odd. Why did she have a control-

Then, memories came flooding back. Borrowing the Thunder, an ancient, obsolete mech. Going to help evacuate-

An explosion.

Alyssa was okay. Whoever had built the Thunder had built the thing strong, even if it had looked like a pile of scrap metal before the detonation.

The mech... Paladin was going to kill her.

She shook her head and pressed on the "Answer Call" button on her headset as she kicked the broken cockpit open. "Erin, Seig... Am I glad to hear you."

IC: Nate

"Nope, I'm free. You wouldn't happen to know where the infirmary is, would you? Someone needs it."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: "John. I've seen some ugly creatures in my time, but that beats them all."

Nate sidestepped the falling Sierra, using her as a distraction to slip the head of a sleep arrow out of his pocket and throw it with perfect accuracy toward Peter's face.

Edited by Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Peter

It would have been perfect accuracy if not for two things. One: Nate couldn't predict Peter's movements (though that probably wasn't a very big issue on its own). Two: Nate also probably wasn't counting on a shift in the gravitational field around Peter.

When Sierra had nearly crashed into them, Peter had instinctively lowered the gravitational acceleration of the space around him about a meter in diameter to 1.63 m/s², allowing him to jump back further than normal with minimal motion. Add to the fact that he had crouched down when he landed and the fact that the flight trajectory of the arrowhead would be messed up by the sudden change in gravitational force, the arrowhead harmlessly landed in Peter's hair. "What was that for-wait," Peter said, eyes narrowing. "You're not a student!"

Okay, what to do? In a normal case of an intruder entering the building, one would call a lockdown and then hide. But when the only person (in their right mind) who was aware of the intruder was about to get shot in the face by said intruder, who jut so happened fo have perfect aim, cokmplications arise. Nevertheless, Peter reached for his cell phone, attempting to dial the office's number whilew quickly backing off from Nate, gravity returned to dnormal but ready to shift at any second. In the meantime, he shouted: "THERE'S A POTENTIALLY HOSTILE INTRUDER IN THE BUILDING!!!!!!" Hopefully somebody would hear him before he got knocked out. Which would inevitably happen.

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: Yes, the arrowhead landed in his hair.

But the arrow wasn't something that put someone to sleep upon touching skin, it was a pellet that released gas. Which it was now doing, creating a nice little cloud around Peter's head. And he'd taken a big inhale when he started shouting.

"Jeez, man. Chill."

OOC: THis was intended from the beginning, I copied it off Green Arrow. :P

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Grab the boy," they'd been told, and grab the boy they mean to do. John Howlett was an oathbreaker, a liar, and a traitor. He would reap what he sowed. Foolish boy. Grab the boy.

Five ninjas - the fingers of the Hand - took advantage of the distractions at the Institute and the world at large, and the dimming light of dusk; from five different angles they appeared from the shadows and slinked into the Institute through crevices and corners. Like rats. Rats had carried the bubonic plague from seaport to seaport all across Europe, it was theorized, and rats were responsible for biological pathogens and petty illnesses throughout workplaces across the world. Rat bite fever. Forms of salmonella. Rats can hurt. Rats can kill.

So too can fingers. So too can a Hand, even when opened and staring you in the face. Especially when it's behind your back. And now the Hand was in his school.

He had been drinking; it was a sight to see, watching John Howlett make his way back up to the third floor of the Institute and scramble around. He called names. Two of the fingers were in hiding in the common room, watching him. Waiting. Three were behind, and closing fast.

"Cali! Nicole! Dallas! Where'd you guys go?"

It had been simple enough, disguising a message to look like it had come from John; the blonde boy and his blonde girl had doubled back, seeking more alcohol after a chunk of their cache disappeared. Foolish boys. Foolish girls. All around them, foolish boys and foolish girls. The Hand twitched. John Howlett closed the door.

All five fingers clenched, and came down on him; the Hand had closed, and become a fist. John Howlett would be battered. He would be beaten. He would be ripped apart.

And then he would be brought back to die, as all rabid dogs were.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND