BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Sorry about gleaning over your posts, Tiragath and Dan.

IC: (Weiss)

Through the snow-filled haze, Weiss saw an orb of energy flying at him. Mata Nui be cursed. At that moment, he put down the herbs, and was impacted by the electricity. It caused his muscles to seize, akin to a taser, it wouldn't last long, but it sure as heck hurt.

"Zekev-play dead," he gritted out, as quiet as he could while the electricity began to dissipate.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Dayeth 

Now that she was on her feet, Dayeth took stock of her surroundings, doing a full lap of the hospital, looking out all of the windows to get an idea of how many beings were in and around the hospital. Mortem, still chained up outside, seemed to be the only potential ally she had. He wouldn't be enough.

She would have to wait until circumstances shifted in her favour before acting. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: House, I had implied that Brontes did not fire anything at Weiss. I like the playing dead idea though, so I'll roll with it.

IC Ko-Koro gates

The purple Toa made a sudden movement, attempting to move the wounded Skakdi. Brontes, already nervous and jumpy, let loose his electrical blast, he had intended to let Dahkapa speak with him, but didn't want the dark Toa making any sudden attacks towards the ice Toa. His target made a sickening crackle, accompanied by tweaks and spasms of his limbs, then went down.

Dahkapa looked questioningly at Brontes. "Sorry, my nerves are shot right now and he looked like he was drawing a weapon." Both Skakdi and Toa were now deathly still, "He might not be dead..." Brontes murmered. Though in his mind he was already justifying the kill. "It is a warzone... Give an armed stranger one second and a dozen innocents and I could end up dead. One casulty is acceptable."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Dayeth.

There was a Toa of Plantlife outside now; Dayeth noticed. He was talking to... the crab? Kellin Santos still had Mortem's staff, and the Titan was still loitering around as well. Any one of them on their own, Dayeth might have been able to deal with, but all of them together presented a serious problem. She needed to split them up or distract them or something before she could make her move. 

And for that, she had a plan...

"Help!" she cried once more, limping out the doors to where the Titan and Kellin stood, near where Mortem was chained and the plantlife Toa was flirting with the crab. "Didn't you see them? Rahkshi, out there in the snow!" she pointed off in the distance, back towards Ko-Koro. "They were coming towards us. Please don't let them get in here and hurt us!" 

OOC: Let's see who takes the bait... after all, how could you doubt the terrified little Ta-Matoran lady? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Flirting...? I'm pretty sure that didn't happen, Nato. Verulas likes females... who aren't Rahi. And why would I doubt when I could just do this:

IC: Verulas' rather one-sided conversation with the Ussal Crab (who, in all honesty, was probably ignoring the Toa of Plantlife all-together and pretending that he didn't exist) was suddenly cut short by a Ta-Matoran limping out of the hospital, screaming about Rahkshi or something. He looked her square in the eye, seeing the look of fear painted across her face, and-

Shrugged casually.

"Not my problem," he said, closing his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Until someone puts some coin in my hands and changes that, this entire place can be demolished for all I care."

OOC: And the part where everyone else starts hating on Verulas should begin right about... now.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: It was a joke, timageness411. Dayeth hates everyone and doesn't really care what they're actually doing. 

Dayeth was momentarily astounded by the Plantlife Toa's lack of interest, but in a small corner of her mind, she wondered if she and Mortem had enough money between them to hire the Toa to help them. That was, if she could get the rest of the defenders to go hunting the non-existent Rahkshi first. 

"What kind of Rahkshi?" the Titan asked.

"There was a bunch of them, all walking together. They were all the same, red and gold. I looked at them, and then they just vanished!" seeing the expressions hat greeted her outburst, Dayeth knew she had then hook, line, and sinker. Her panicky wounded Matoran act was immaculate, as always. Now the only question would be whether any of the defenders would be brave, or stupid, enough to go looking for the Rahkshi.

OOC: According to this table http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Rahkshi#Rahkshi_Types, red and gold are the colours of Chameleon Rahkshi. If any of the people she's talking to actually know that, then Dayeth's line about the Rahkshi vanishing will make a bit more sense to them. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC; btw, Mortem is chained up inside the hospital, not outside.

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro hospital)

His new matoran ally seemed to be shouting about rahkshi coming this way - if that was true, his salvation may have arrived. However, he saw the Ta-Matoran wink at him again when none of the others were looking, and he knew that it was a distraction for the defenders. This villager seemed to be good at lying.

He decided to aid in the distraction.

One of the defenders asked him what he was smiling about and he replied:

"I can sense our god's sons approaching. They are the shadows that shall end your worthless lives. You cannot stand against them."

Kathok

OOC: Are you sure? I'm kind of confused. The first post I read mentioning Mortem chained up said he was in front of the hospital. Here it is: 

Dahkapa wasn't sure how to react when he saw a vortixx chained to iron spikes, an ussal crab and a grey and white matoran next to it in front of the hospital. As he approached, he asked "What happened here?"

Was there something before this post that I missed or misinterpreted? 

IC: Dayeth

Hearing Mortem's hasty addition to her distraction made Dayeth want to laugh. He sounded perfectly deadpan serious; very convincing. If the defenders didn't believe her, surely they would believe him with that speech. But instead of laughing, she cried out.

"No, please don't let them kill us!" she begged the gathered good guys, "Find them before they get here. Save us, please!" she was on the verge of tears now. Not tears of terror, although that was certainly how the defenders would perceive it, but tears of joy.

Her plan looked like it was finally about to come together. 

OOC: A minor case of it, but bunnying without permission's generally frowned upon here. And Mortem is still outside.

IC: Kellin, for his part, played the skeptic.

"Uh huh." he intoned flatly, having been keeping watch throughout the affair. He had a feeling something was off about this Dayeth chick, but now this was starting  to tip the scales towards certainty.

"Calm down, there aren't any Rahkshi. If there were, Cancer or I'd have noticed them a lot earlier than you." he said, opting to play along for now. After all, it could still be a case of...

"You need to get more rest. Painkillers do things to you sometimes." he offered, much the hypocrite in that regard but it wasn't as if SHE needed to know that. He wanted to believe that was the case, anyway.

If it wasn't, well.

helo frens

Kellin was starting to get suspicious. Despite her best attempts at persuading them all, Kellin was still skeptical. Dayeth half-wished that there actually were Chameleon Rahkshi, just so one of them could sneak up behind Kellin and impale him on its staff. But, if there were Rahkshi, Dayeth wouldn't be announcing their presence, would she? Besides, even if he did get himself impaled on a Rahkshi staff, he probably still wouldn't believe it, since he and his oh-so-precious crab hadn't spotted it first. She was really starting to hate that crab, too; it wouldn't stop staring at her with its beady little crab eyes. 

She turned hopefully towards the Titan, the terrified look on her face speaking volumes. She was confident that if she could at least get him out of the picture, even if it was only temporarily, she might have a chance of pulling something off. 

This was it; her last chance. 

OOC: While it was helpful to provide a reference, Nato, most PCs aren't going to recognize a Rahkshi by coloration. They aren't well known enough. :P 

IC:

"Assuming there are Rahkshi out there, then that is their domain now." The Titan rumbled, blue eyes moving briefly over the Ta-Matoran patient. The terror on her face seemed real, and with the Followers of Makuta out in force, it wasn't difficult to believe that his Sons might walk the Wastes once more. If Dayeth were truthful, than the situation was about to go from bad to worse. In a single motion, Krayzikk withdrew his blade from its sheath, holding it ready at his side. 

However, blind trust would not be wise. The Followers had found a way to bypass Ko-Koro's defenses entirely, at least for a portion of their number, and the hospital had only a fraction of the village's defensive capabilities. The massive being considered in silence, his mind working away at the problem; there was no clear choice. There may be a Kavinika in their midst, and yet, a Muaka might be at their door. Striking at the foe in their approach would not be wise, in any sense of the term. Rahkshi were potent foes, indeed, he still bore the scars from their strike on the Village of Ice. Outside, the advantage was theirs. Yet, waiting blindly would not be effective, either. Foreknowledge of their approach would be best.

As the Toa of Plant-Life spoke, the Titan's head swiveled to stare down at him with the utmost disgust. Mercenary, in his eyes, meant little more than liability. They worked for who paid most, and their skills were inconsistent at best. Worst of all was their attitude. Despite his desire to voice his thoughts, he was forced to admit that it was neither the time nor the place.

And he had reached his decision; there was no time to waste.

"Kellin." He began, looking at the Matoran and his Ussal crab, registering the latter's suspicion. He inhaled deeply, rolling his shoulders under their armor, feeling the blood flow and hearing the joints pop. "Guard the hospital. Tell Ria to start evacuating, if you see her. I'm going to investigate."

With a single thought, his Kanohi carried him out of the hospital in an instant. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OoC: Just so you guys know, I assumed that Mortem was outside, because he had tried to escape, so it would be logical for him to get ouside. It wasn't very clear, though, but let's just roll with Mortem being outside. Not that it makes a huge difference.

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main gate)

Dahkapa walked closer to 'Sir Zekev' and the Toa, and kneeled down to check if they were alive. He reached out his hand to check the Skakdi's pulse..

OoC: Just giving you guys a chance to react while Dahkapa doesn't know if you are alive or not.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Yessir." Kellin snapped out, whipping into a sharp salute as the Titan disappeared.

A little caution on both fronts. A good move by his massive compatriot, and he knew to trust Kellin at his job.

All in all, he was pretty happy with that arrangement.

He yelled back into the hole in the wall, eyes still peeled.

"Hey Ria! Time to start closing up shop and heading for greener pastures!"

helo frens

Weiss lays silent, lays still. At the best, they could hope the beings would carry them into the city...

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Dayeth, moving to stand just behind Kellin, knew that this was going to be her one and only chance to make a move. While he was shouting out to Ria, looking through the hole in the wall, Dayeth silently drew her knife and war axe, catching Mortem's gaze and nodding to him.

It was time. 

Jabbing her foot-long knife at Kellin's spine and swinging her axe at the back of his head, Dayeth prayed that Makuta was watching over her. 

OOC: Here we go...

OOC: I thought that Mortem was inside since he broke in and was then chained up by Jalkron who was also inside, but let's just say he's outside if that's what everyone else interpreted it as :P

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro hospital)

As Dayeth struck, he made eye contact with her so that she would know exactly where he was (he had moved along the wall to the limit of the chains' reach the instant before), and then pulled his stealth cloak around himself, fading into the snow on the ground and in the air.

Kathok

IC: Unfortunately for the two, Kellin was not nearly half as dumb or unobservant as he must have seemed. After all, he was a miner. An entrepreneur. He had an ear for when someone was trying to sell him something. Moreover, he was a De-Matoran. He had an ear for people trying to sneak up on him, too.

He sidestepped, knife grazing his oblique and eliciting a wince for her efforts. The axe, however, missed entirely, as Kellin dropped low and shot forward, hitting a beautiful double leg takedown while she was mid-swing.

Okay, we'll be real here. It was less a beautiful technique and more a full-bore tackle, but it got the job done nonetheless. His hips low, he quickly moved to straddle her hips, weight pressed down on top of her and making a concerted effort to grind his forearm into her elbow joint, pinning the knife-wielding arm.

"GOT ANOTHER BAD ONE!" he yelled, keeping his weight down on top of her.

OOC: formatting later, literally typed this up in between sets.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

OOC: Curse you for ruining my not-so-perfect plan.

"Makuta's will be done!" Dayeth shrieked, kicking out at Mortem's staff, which Kellin had dropped when he'd tackled her. Her foot connected, sending the weapon skittering along the ice towards the chained Vortixx...

IC: (Mortem)

Mortem's form was near invisible when the cloak was round him, and his good hand was already reaching for the staff...

Cancer's claw smashed down in front of his outstretched arm, narrowly missing crushing his hand. However, his arm was cloaked, so the crab didn't expect or see him simply reach over the claw and pick up the staff as it came to rest against the claw. The De-Matoran turned his way as he heard Mortem, but he couldn't focus his attention on the vortixx now as he was fighting Dayeth.

The crab snapped at the air where Mortem had been, but the staff too was now being affected by the cloak, and was shrouded from view. Mortem pulled the staff through the hole and fired it at the ground, vapourising the snow, and shattering the bonds that held him to the wall, along with part of the wall.

His legs were still chained together, but he had rolled away into the snow, almost completely invisible in the drift.

OOC: Gonna head in for the night, cya.

Kathok

OOC: formatting later, literally typed this up in between sets.

OOC: gotta rest properly, lest you snap your self up.

IC: The Skakdi was still alive, hastily bandaged by the purple Toa. Brontes kicked the downed Toa, gently of course. He was a good guy. He responded slightly, confirming Brontes's assumption he was stunned.

"I think they'll live. I don't believe them to be friends of the Koro, I'd strip them of weapons and supplies and leave them chained up."

...but close to it

IC:

Mortem, however, did not consider one thing; while he himself was invisible, the evidence of his presence was not. Snow covered the ground in the Wahi, including the area outside of the hospital, and while his cloak made him invisible, it did not do the same for his tracks. For anyone who cared to look, his position was the height of obviousness; there was a very clear trail of disturbance in the snow, leading from the just-destroyed portion of the wall to where he lay still. It was even possible to discern which hand held his staff, given the clear and regular pattern in the snow's disturbance.

He and his partner failed to consider two other things, as well; sound travels far in an open and quiet area. And a Kualsi only transports the user within their line of sight. 

Coincidentally, a Kualsi was also the only mask that didn't leave tracks in Ko-Wahi snow.

Before Mortem could even process the fact that a large mass had suddenly appeared over him, the head of a morning star came crashing down towards his chest. The Titan who wielded it had been willing to give Dayeth's story a chance; but he wasn't stupid. The Rahkshi could only be found within his own line of sight, given that the Ta-Matoran claimed to have seen them from the hospital, and he could tell the moment he arrived that there weren't any tracks to be found anywhere. Kellin's shout, easily traveling down from the hospital, only confirmed his realization.

Which, of course, brought him to where he was now; bringing a weapon down with great force onto a caught-off-guard Vortixx.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The moment she saw Mortem hammered by the Titan, Dayeth knew her plan had failed. But, there was still a slim chance for her to make her own getaway. With her knife arm still pinned, she let go of her axe and twisted her arm on an angle to pull a heavy pouch of widgets out of her pocket. Pushing back against Kellin with all of her strength, she flung the pouch of coins high into the air...

...and into the waiting hands of the Plantlife Toa mercenary Verulas.

OOC: Now this should be interesting. 

OOC: Nah dude snap city's the place to be

IC: So that's your game, huh?

Well, two can play it.

"I just turned a pretty good profit today!" Kellin grunted, strong arms brushing Dayeth's own aside and pinning her once more to the ground, pressing his chest down and laying flat ontop of her, stifling any more movement.

"Count that up and tell me how much it is! I'll beat it!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: So, Krayzikk has that one. Kellin has the little red one under control...

I turned, looking at a familiar face once again. Oh! That's interesting, when'd you get here? 

I gave a wave of a pincer and a low chitter, both of greeting and of warning.

Be smart about your next move.

helo frens

OOC: Ah. Had me confused for a bit. Thanks for the info, Nato.

IC: These two really should have done their homework first before entertaining the possibility that they'd succeed. Oh well.

Verulas leaned against the closest wall, watching the rather one-sided skirmish happen before him. It was all kind of sad. The Ta-Matoran was grounded, and even if the Vortixx managed to escape that morning star, he'd still have to deal with the Ussal Crab and the Titan. It just wasn't their day.

Then, as the Vortixx's fate befell him, a heavy bag of widgets thrown by the Ta-Matoran landed in his hand.

He tossed it in the air for a few seconds, feeling the weight before confirming that they actually were widgets as he sized up the job. The Vortixx was probably going down (he wasn't interested enough to pay any attention to him), which would have left him alone with the Ta-Matoran. Against the De-Matoran, his Ussal, and the Titan. This didn't sound like suicide or anything...

OOC: Exactly how many widgets are in the bag...?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: I dunno. I always thought specific amounts didn't matter. Make it around 100 or something. 

"Have you no honour, mercenary?" Dayeth spat, even though she had none herself, "I just paid you! Either help me, or give me my money back!" 

While Kellin was busy smirking at her absurd statement, she leaned up, and, without waiting to hear what the merc said next, bit down, hard, on the side of Kellin's neck. 

OOC: I know this seems like a pathetically low blow, but Dayeth is completely devoted to Makuta. She will do whatever it takes...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: "Gaaaaaaah! Come on!" he cried out as her teeth sunk into his flesh. He pulled up for a moment slightly, yanking his neck out from between her jaws--

And responded with a headbutt, his brow ridge fairly smashing back down into her face. What does she think she is, a vampire?

This was certainly not his day. Mobilizing his free arm, he pressed it down into her neck. This wasn't gonna choke her out, but it would be painful on her windpipe and very ill-advised to pull a stunt like that again.

helo frens

OOC: Obviously your Ta-Matoran didn't read Verulas' BZPRPG profile...

IC: "One-hundred widgets...," he mumbled, loud enough for the De-Matoran to hear. One-hundred widgets...

He noticed that the Ussal Crab had finally realised he was there, and smiled.

"Actually little lady, I have yet to agree to this particular contract because I have not yet decided if these conditions are favorable to the amount of gold you have offered, which still leaves us in the negotiation phase of the bargain. And seeing as you neglected to provide the bonus Titan-fee of fifty widgets, a rather cheap price considering what others in my profession would charge, alongside payment...," he said, winking to the Ussal. "I'm more inclined to take up the other Matoran's offer, with the additional stipulation that he and his friends look the other way as I "confiscate" this pouch of widgets; non-negotiable of course."

Today was turning out to be very, very profitable indeed.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: If I could, I'd have smiled. Instead I simply nodded my eyestalks and directed them towards Kellin as the pouch disappeared.

------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: "Soon as I get the chance, You'll get one-fifty, deal?" Kellin offered.

helo frens

Brontes began to feel lighter, as if something was pushing him upward. Weiss was quite alive, and using his gravity to start hurling the Toa upwards.

IC: Verulas on the other hand, who could smile, did so as he pocketed the widgets.

"Deal," he said as vines emerged from his hands, directed at the Makuta-worshipping Ta-Matoran in an effort to bind her in place and turning into solid wood as they did so. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced. Verulas, Mercenary Toa of Plantlife, at your service. I'll just assume that protection of this hospital also comes with the gig so things don't become too complicated."

He leaped onto the snow, ripping a dagger from his arm and tossing it to the De-Matoran.

"Here, use this. Coated it in a poison before coming up the mountain. Should keep her out of it for a few hours so she doesn't get any more bright ideas. One cut should do it. Might be good to use some on the Vortixx too."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Kellin rose, rubbing his neck before catching the dagger deftly with one hand nodded. "I was hoping that could turn out to be the case, thank you." he extended his free hand.

"Kellin Santos, miner by trade. Looks like now I'm one of the big shots with the whole 'defending the hospital' deal." he said with a wry grin. "Funny how life happens like that."

After a firm shake from the mercenary, he then unsheathed the dagger and nicked her on one of the bound legs, around the middle of the thigh.

"The crab there's my partner, Cancer. Say hi, Cancer."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: We've met, I chittered, walking over to where he was as he returned the dagger to it's sheath.

Don't throw it over yet...

Thankfully he instead decided to approach me instead, opening the pouch strapped to my side which held our traveling safe. Quickly producing the key from one of his own pouches, he twisted and produced three small bags. If I remembered right, we kept it to fifty a pouch...

Well, I expected as much, anyway. Kellin honors deals.

"Fifty a pop." he said, tossing the pouches one-by-one at the Mercenary before finally handing the dagger over.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Brontes cursed his stupidity, he had bent over the purple Toa and begun unbuckling his pack when he had been flung up and sideways into one of the large lamp posts that populated Ko-Koro's streets. His sword had been knocked from his hand. The dark Toa, of gravity, Brontes now realized; had gathered the wounded Skakdi and backed off several meters, he had no weapon drawn that Brontes could see.

"Well, I was right about them being our enemies." He muttered, colliding with the lamp post had been painful and unavoidable, there were no acrobatics he could perform with his Calix while floating weightlessly. Brontes was on his feet again, but he did not have the necessary energies for a direct and lethal blast yet. He gestured to Dahkapa, who had his warhammer at the ready. "Your move."

...but close to it

Her desperate plan falling apart around her, Dayeth struggled against her wood bonds as the poison began to take effect. Beginning to get dizzy, Dayeth made a silent prayer to Makuta that somehow his followers would win the day and set her free. If so, she would definitely consider adding poison to her inventory...

"I'm sorry," she whispered hoarsely, before passing out, "I failed..." 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC: So no definitive word on Mortem's condition yet, huh?

IC: Verulas pocketed the money before strapping the dagger back to his arm.

"Funny it is. To tell the truth, Cancer and I did meet previously, the last time that I was in Ko-Koro in fact, though I was a bit tired and irritable from the day's journey and the encounter was very brief. There was also another with us that day, a Su-Matoran who had a rather nasty head wound he sustained outside of the city. I could've sworn I brought him inside the walls to get him help, but I was really out of it. He probably ended up here at some point. Kind of wonder if he got out before this all started."

OOC: Makuta Miras' Celsakh died on page 30, but Verulas wouldn't know that yet.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: Timageness: I live in the UK so I'm probably out of time with most of you, which is why I havn't posted yet - I've only just got back from school.

IC:

Mortem, however, did not consider one thing; while he himself was invisible, the evidence of his presence was not. Snow covered the ground in the Wahi, including the area outside of the hospital, and while his cloak made him invisible, it did not do the same for his tracks. For anyone who cared to look, his position was the height of obviousness; there was a very clear trail of disturbance in the snow, leading from the just-destroyed portion of the wall to where he lay still. It was even possible to discern which hand held his staff, given the clear and regular pattern in the snow's disturbance.

He and his partner failed to consider two other things, as well; sound travels far in an open and quiet area. And a Kualsi only transports the user within their line of sight. 

Coincidentally, a Kualsi was also the only mask that didn't leave tracks in Ko-Wahi snow.

Before Mortem could even process the fact that a large mass had suddenly appeared over him, the head of a morning star came crashing down towards his chest. The Titan who wielded it had been willing to give Dayeth's story a chance; but he wasn't stupid. The Rahkshi could only be found within his own line of sight, given that the Ta-Matoran claimed to have seen them from the hospital, and he could tell the moment he arrived that there weren't any tracks to be found anywhere. Kellin's shout, easily traveling down from the hospital, only confirmed his realization.

Which, of course, brought him to where he was now; bringing a weapon down with great force onto a caught-off-guard Vortixx.

IC: (Mortem)

Caught off guard by the sudden attacker, Mortem only just had time to roll sideways, and the spiked head of the flail thumped into the snow a few inches from where he had been. 

However, the cloak (which worked more like a volitak than a huna, blending him into the background so that he was unnoticeable) was still activated, meaning that the Titan didn't know exactly where he was.

From where he lay on the ground, he held out his staff so that the shots would come from an unexpected direction, and then fired three energy bolts directly at the Titan.

Not even waiting until the shots had hit, he swung the staff down until it was embedded in the chains that held his feet together, and fired.

The shot sent him flying backwards, and, if the initial three shots hadn't hit the titan, would send him flying in the opposite direction. 

As he got to his feet, the cloak blurred his form. The device was especially effective in these conditions, when snow was not only on the ground, but also in the air.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC:

The instant Gevenne's Ruru flared, Eisen knew something was amiss. The decrease in resistance from his opponent's shield, just the first clue that he was in the beginnings of movement, only confirmed the suspicion. The Ta-Toa had done one thing right; he couldn't see clearly any more, and though he could predict what vector the next strike would come from (upper right was the only logical choice; he'd just struck at the lower right, and the shields were still blocking the left), and could even predict the most likely type of strike (given his ever-more-apparent brawler tactics, probably a blunt force one), he could not predict when and where it would fall.

Fortunately for the Fe-Toa, he didn't need to. An activation of his Crast hurled his opponent back, interrupting his attempted assault, and slammed him forcefully into the CItadel wall with a resounding thud, possibly layered with some quiet cracks. Nevertheless, Gevenne could claim a small victory; the flames he had conjured were not stopped, hitting the Fe-Toa's back and turning the fabric portion of his cloak into a smoldering ruin, and scorching the body beneath. 

The dark Toa hissed, using the space now between them to reestablish his defensive stance as his recovering green eyes fixed on the Ta-Toa before him.

"I must give you credit, Toa. You wounded me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main gate)

Dahkapa was startled by Brontes suddenly flying up into the air and hitting a lamp post. It took him a while to realize that the purple Toa on the ground was using his gravity powers. "Your move," Brontes said, and Dahkapa prepared his shield and hammer. He is unarmed. This should be easy. I'll have to be a little bit more aggressive now. He sarted to walk quickly towards Weiss, very well aware that he might use his powers of gravity. His own mind was still too tired to use his own ice powers, but he hoped that Brontes could support him.

OoC: The Deceiver from Po-Wahi

IC: The Deceiver (Somewhere in northern Ko-Wahi)

I have been banished by the Light. But even a child knows, that Light is temporary; it will only exist as long as there is fuel. It pushes back the Void, creating Life and giving birth to the Spirit. From the Spirit, come Unity, Duty and Destiny. But once the fuel runs out, the Light will be extinguished, and Life will end, the Spirit will dissipate, and the Virtues will be forgotten. And what remains? The Void. The Shadows. Nothing. I remain, nothing else, for I am Eternal, because i am Nothing.

I am watching you, child. One day, I shall return. Remember.

She opened her eyes. The sun had already risen. She stood up, and walked out of the cavern. The undead Toa had already left, and only his campfire remained. Luckily he hadn't covered his trails this time. He had already done so a few times before, and probably thought that no one followed him. He was wrong.

She activated her Kanohi of Invisibility, and started to follow the trails, when suddenly she saw something very quick approaching her.  She deactivated her mask, and the figure stopped, mere bio away from her. "Whoa, there! Sorry, I almost slammed into you. Didn't see you there before it was almost too late,"he said and laughed. He was a Toa of Sonics, wearing a Kanohi Kakama. No wonder he had been so fast. "Why are you running through here?" she asked. She didn't have a 'disguise', but it didn't matter. The Toa shrugged and said "I might as well tell you. I'm carrying a message to Onu- and Po-Koro. The Ko-koro main gate has been breached by Makuta's followers, and we need help as soon as possible. Interesting. "Who is leading the attack?", she asked, and the Toa creased his eyebrows. I've been told that Echelon himself has breached the Sanctum, but that might be wrong. Anyways, what is a woman like you doing out he-"

"Look! Someone followed you!" she shouted and pointed at the slopes behind him. Her expression of fear and surprise was convincing, and the Toa turned to look."What? I don't see any-"

Fool.

With three quick and long leaps, she jumped near him and drew her longsword. As he turned, she cut his left knee, and then his neck. When he fell on the snowy ground, she struck his head with the pommel, and he was knocked unconscious. May your soul return to where it came. Into Nothing. She made sure that the main arteries in the throat were bleeding, and sheathed her sword. She would have to clean it later, but for now, she had to travel to Ko-koro. She could simply follow the Toa's trails. Wonderful.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Ah, screw it, I'm gonna do a thing.  Hope nobody minds.

IC: Joskander narrowed his eyes.  There in the distance, on the other side of the busted Koro gate- was that more fighting?  Huh.  Might as well go ahead and check it out- maybe he'd be able to help out the Koro after all.

A quick burst of speed from his Kakama took him over to a Toa of Lightning that had apparently just had an unpleasant meeting with an iron post.  "Uh, hi there," he stammered.  "Er, this is probably a bad time and all, but are you okay?  And/or a good guy?  Ehe, um, I just got here, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on."

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: "Other then my cracked ribs and cracking armor," Brontes thought, this new arrival seemed unaware that Ko-Koro was a battlefield.

"Sort of, to both your questions. I am defending this Koro, alongside Dahkapa over there." He pointed to the Ko-Toa, now advancing on the gravity Toa and his Skakdi ally. "Those two," he gestured at the aforementioned pair, "are decidely not good guys." Brontes had regained his composure now. He eyed the gravity Toa warily, he was outnumbered for the time being, but his element was one with a large range of effect, and the other Legacy forces outside the gate could arrive any minute. They had to end this quickly and push through to aid Dahkapa's friend caught beyond the gate.

"Well, I plan to go kill those two. Aid us or not, don't get in the way. My aim is not the best." Brontes advanced, strafing in a circle around the gravity Toa, readying his shield and channeling electricity into his hands. If he had to fist fight, so be it.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it