BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Toa Vranii

"Sorry to hear." Vranii said, putting a reassuring hand on Azureus' shoulder, "I'm sure they don't take you that way, mate. Maybe they just need some getting used to someone like you."

OOC: and somehow these two toa became best of friends

Edited by Koala Kranan

IC: Azureus

"Well, ones a Ga-Matoran, and the other two are Dasaka, I think? Ones afraid of the water, the other can teleport, and I think they're in love. Oddly enough, not the weirdest friends Ive had." He said with a grin.

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

IC:Wasuka

"Yeah, probably. Unless we want to go find Kanonu or something. We did kinda vanish for a while." she shrugged.

IC: Rodyr

Rodyr grumbled, tightening his grip on his sword's handle. As one neared the end of the tunnel, he raised his gun, firing a blast of metal shrapnel into its face. A shotgun, in effect.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

"Great," Vranii replied.

He brought Azi to a cafe not far from where they were, as they entered, he ushered him to a table on the other side of the room right next to an open window. Shortly after they sat, the waiter arrived with a pen and notepad in hand. "Alright boys, what can I get ya?" the Onu Matoran asked.

"'Espresso, as usual Frank," Vranii answered.

"And you?" the waiter asked, pointing his pen towards Azi.

Edited by Koala Kranan

IC - Cotan:

Well, there goes any pretext towards stealth.

Cotan charged ahead along with the other two as their attempt to remain mostly unnoticed was rendered completely null and void, though upon facing the horde of Kofo-Jaga he realized he was at a distinct disadvantage compared to his flying compatriots; on the plus side, he hadn't reached the fire at the same time as them, so he was not close to being surrounded like they were. Now all he had to do was try to come up with a method to be of aid to them in the fight. He knew of a relatively easy way he could deal with the fire - take the air away from around it and it wouldn't burn - but that wouldn't really get rid of the Kofo-Jaga. However, he did have another trick up his sleeve to use.

Over the years, through all the work undergone by both sapient beings and rahi, as well as through various small earthquakes, fights, and other events, the tunnels had managed to accumulate a fair amount of rubble. Some of it was small, just piles of rocks around the place; others were large boulders, broken-off stalagmites and stalactites, and the sort of stuff, that contributed to the tight feeling the tunnels often had. However, for somebody who had the right sort of abilities, this detritus would prove a useful weapon. As his mask started glowing, Cotan was glad he had the right sort of ability to use it.

"Time to squash some bugs," he muttered, while lifting up a fairly large boulder with his mask. As he sent it barrelling into the horde of Koro-Jaga surrounding Rodyr and Thodir, he yelled out to the pair: "Get out of the way!"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kanonu

"I've known him for roughly 3 days." Kanonu replied as she picked up the broken gun that Azureus blew up. "But yes, he's been using his Kanohi power quite often. It can get annoying after some time."

She put the gun aside, making sure not to step on shards and the piece of floor Ferron used to cover himself from the explosion. "Didn't you have someone like this on your team? So many stories suggest that it's common among Toa teams to have at least one...erm...hotheaded person on their side."

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"No, not really. One of us was a bit goofy, I remember, but a genuinely hot-headed, brash sort of person didn't figure in our lineup." Ferron replied as he brushed splinters aside with hand gestures.

"He could've easily passed for a less fun version of him, though" Ferron mused.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Flabbergaster

Stepping into the... What was this place again... He grumbled as he strode up to two Ussalry guards busy 'relaxing', otherwise known as slacking off while still at post.

"We are currently looking for info on the whereabouts and specifics of the odd thief listed in the want ad by the Ussalry Headquarters." He glanced down at his compadre. "Show him."

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Golden Pickaxe Inn)

Dahrak mumbled something vaguely incoherent and barely audible under his breath in response as he displayed their pass.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Kanonu's face lit up - she loved stories. "Oh?"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"I apologize if I created an expectation, but I don't particularly feel like talking at length about myself right now. Perhaps another time" Ferron said with a contented sigh.

IC - Cotan:

Well, there goes any pretext towards stealth.

Cotan charged ahead along with the other two as their attempt to remain mostly unnoticed was rendered completely null and void, though upon facing the horde of Kofo-Jaga he realized he was at a distinct disadvantage compared to his flying compatriots; on the plus side, he hadn't reached the fire at the same time as them, so he was not close to being surrounded like they were. Now all he had to do was try to come up with a method to be of aid to them in the fight. He knew of a relatively easy way he could deal with the fire - take the air away from around it and it wouldn't burn - but that wouldn't really get rid of the Kofo-Jaga. However, he did have another trick up his sleeve to use.

Over the years, through all the work undergone by both sapient beings and rahi, as well as through various small earthquakes, fights, and other events, the tunnels had managed to accumulate a fair amount of rubble. Some of it was small, just piles of rocks around the place; others were large boulders, broken-off stalagmites and stalactites, and the sort of stuff, that contributed to the tight feeling the tunnels often had. However, for somebody who had the right sort of abilities, this detritus would prove a useful weapon. As his mask started glowing, Cotan was glad he had the right sort of ability to use it.

"Time to squash some bugs," he muttered, while lifting up a fairly large boulder with his mask. As he sent it barrelling into the horde of Koro-Jaga surrounding Rodyr and Thodir, he yelled out to the pair: "Get out of the way!"

IC: Thodir

"Wha-?" He hadn't even finished the word before he noticed the boulder Cotan had thrown, and immediately reacted by throwing himself out of the way.

IC: Kofo-Jaga, Thief and Enforcer (Tunnels)

The boulder crashed into the large fire, throwing the firewood in all directions, with flaming sparks cascading off of them as they spun in the air, creating a brief fireworks display before the orangle glow the fire had given off disappeared completely.

The Kofo-Jaga on the other side of the fire were just as unlucky, and with an unpleasant crunching noise the Rahi were squished under the large boulder. Some stray limbs that weren't outright crusched, twitched erratically, as a result of death cramps.

The remaining Kofo-Jaga slowly retreated, the casualties and the loss of the heat source removed any interest they could have had in continuing the fight. With a receding string of defeated shrieks, the Rahi disappeared back into the shadows.

The thief glanced back, and his eyes widened when a huge, shadowy mass filled the entire tunnel behind him and blocked out any remaining light. Quickly scanning the region around him, he frantically searched for a spot to dive away into.

There was none.

Acting rapidly, the thief channeled his powers. He crouched down and dug his hands into the ground, moments later a wall of metal shot out of the ground and filled out the tunnel behind him. He got to his feet and started running again, just as a loud bang sounded from the other side of the wall, and it bulged outwards alarmingly. Even so, the thief had succeeded.

He rounded a corner, and found the Enforcer standing there waiting for him, as he'd been instructed. The lenses on the Enforcer's Akaku regarded the Thief with callous appraisal as she nodded at him.

After accepting his nod, the Enforcer reached out her hand, and forced away the end of the tunnel, revealing a passage hidden in the earth wall.

The Thief and the Enforcer stepped inside, before the Enforcer closed the door again, and the two walked down the path to their destination

IC Flabbergaster

Stepping into the... What was this place again... He grumbled as he strode up to two Ussalry guards busy 'relaxing', otherwise known as slacking off while still at post.

"We are currently looking for info on the whereabouts and specifics of the odd thief listed in the want ad by the Ussalry Headquarters." He glanced down at his compadre. "Show him."

IC: Ussalry Guardsmen (The Golden Pickaxe)

The Onu-Matoran guardsman nodded in response. The other guard, a burly, deep green colored Skakdi approached the two of them, and pointed to a large crate that had been placed near the wall.

"Leave your weapons here, and we'll take you to him" he said.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Oh..."

Kinda disappointed, she picked up another broken piece of... something and placed it aside. "Still I wonder where he's ran off. We've literally just arrived here, as far as I know he doesn't know the Koro's layout."

Kanonu picked up some more rubble and eventually a small pile had formed. She turned to to Ferron and said in an apologetic tone:

"I have to go, I'm afraid. Do you need any more help with cleaning up?"

"well, i honestly was a traveler. roamed around with a team, helping out people anywhere we could. until for some reason, a reason i don't even knowor remember, i wound up here. even weirder, there's something up with my head. i can remember people, experiences, clear as day. but most of the locations, the physical places where i met someone, or where something happened, are all... hazy... for lack of a better word...." Azi said, with a odd, almost forced half smile

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

Shifting his gaze from the guard to the crate and then back to the guard, the Po-Toa simply rolled up his sleeves, pulled open his jacket, and spun around slowly just to show off that he possessed absolutely no weapons of any kind to give up. No sword at his hip, no hidden daggers, and no ranged weapons. He was completely and utterly unarmed.

One of the benefits of focusing pretty much the entirety of your fighting style around martial arts and power usage.

Assuming that his little display satisfied everyone's curiosity, he simply glanced up at the Tiokaha, making it rather clear that they were all now waiting on him to do the same.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Flabbergaster

He grinned inside. He was a weapon.

With a click, his two daggers unsheathed, and he softly spun them in the same motion of unsheathing them before tossing them at the crate, where they somewhat planted themselves into the wood. He popped his massive knuckles before nodding to the Skakdi. "The sooner the better. We can't allow for any more complications if we expect to catch him."

Rodyr grumbled. The Kofo-Jaga were gone, but Cotan had gone and blocked their way.
"I, uh, don't suppose you know how to move this thing?" he gestured to the boulder with his sword, reloading his pistol with another mass of sharp metal bits.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC - Cotan:

"Already on it," Cotan said, truthfully. His mask was glowing again, and the boulder was being pulled out of the spot where it had wedged itself. After a short struggle to remain in place it budged, the walls of the tunnel shaking around it as the space was opened up to people walking through it again. Almost instantly Cotan's mask stopped glowing and he rushed forwards through the now-open space, sword in hand, with a quick "Follow me!" said to his compatriots.

It didn't take long, however (about two steps actually), before he ran into the wall of metal that had been raised up by the thief, blocking his continued pursuit. It was significantly dented by the boulder, although continuing to throw the boulder into it would take time his group didn't have. Activating his mask again he started pulling telekinetically at the upper edges of the wall, trying to pull and curl them down enough that the group could get over them. As he did he turned again, calling back: "Hey, Rodyr, you're a Toa of Gravity, right? Think you can help with this?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

ooc: sorry for being late, I'm just getting bored with this rpg is all. so I'm leaving, sorry.

"Man, sorry to hear, mate," Vranii said. He lifted his hand to Azi's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Azi. I'm sure the future has much better things in store for someone like you."

The two sat on their table silently for quite some time, Vranii had already finished his drink. He turned behind, taking a quick glance at the front door and turned back to Azi. "I'm sorry to disappoint but I have somewhere I have to be." he said, gentlysettling his cup on the table.He lifted his head, facing Azi.

Again, he lifted his hand to Azi's shoulder and gave him another reassuring smile. "I think you should go back to your friends. Who knows, maybe at least one of them misses you already."

Vranii lifted himself from his chair and faced his body to the entrance, he turned his head to Azureus. "Hopefully we meet again someday, Azi. Best of luck." He patted Azi on the back and brought his hoodie over his head, then began walking towards the exit. Right before he left the cafe, he turned back to Azureus and said, "And tell your friends I said 'hi!'".

And with that he drifted into the streets once again.

Shifting his gaze from the guard to the crate and then back to the guard, the Po-Toa simply rolled up his sleeves, pulled open his jacket, and spun around slowly just to show off that he possessed absolutely no weapons of any kind to give up. No sword at his hip, no hidden daggers, and no ranged weapons. He was completely and utterly unarmed.

One of the benefits of focusing pretty much the entirety of your fighting style around martial arts and power usage.

Assuming that his little display satisfied everyone's curiosity, he simply glanced up at the Tiokaha, making it rather clear that they were all now waiting on him to do the same.

IC Flabbergaster

He grinned inside. He was a weapon.

With a click, his two daggers unsheathed, and he softly spun them in the same motion of unsheathing them before tossing them at the crate, where they somewhat planted themselves into the wood. He popped his massive knuckles before nodding to the Skakdi. "The sooner the better. We can't allow for any more complications if we expect to catch him."

IC: Ussalry Guardsmen (The Golden Pickaxe)

After the both of them had been thoroughly frisked, for safety's sake, the two guards led them up the stairs and onto the second floor. At the end of the hallway before the next set of stairs, the Skakdi guard stopped and knocked on the door.

He exchanged a few words with someone inside, and the door was opened. The Guards ushered the two in, where they were met by a third guard (a Toa of Earth, by the looks of it) standing against the wall with her arms crossed, and a small Matoran sitting at a chair near the barred window.

The two guards that had brought them there stepped outside, leaving the door open a little bit. The Toa Guardswoman gestured for Dahrak and Flabbergaster to stay where the were right inside the door.

"Y-yes, hello" Wiremu said, looking at the two uncertainly, "I was told you had some questions"

Rodyr grumbled. The Kofo-Jaga were gone, but Cotan had gone and blocked their way.

"I, uh, don't suppose you know how to move this thing?" he gestured to the boulder with his sword, reloading his pistol with another mass of sharp metal bits.

IC - Cotan:

"Already on it," Cotan said, truthfully. His mask was glowing again, and the boulder was being pulled out of the spot where it had wedged itself. After a short struggle to remain in place it budged, the walls of the tunnel shaking around it as the space was opened up to people walking through it again. Almost instantly Cotan's mask stopped glowing and he rushed forwards through the now-open space, sword in hand, with a quick "Follow me!" said to his compatriots.

It didn't take long, however (about two steps actually), before he ran into the wall of metal that had been raised up by the thief, blocking his continued pursuit. It was significantly dented by the boulder, although continuing to throw the boulder into it would take time his group didn't have. Activating his mask again he started pulling telekinetically at the upper edges of the wall, trying to pull and curl them down enough that the group could get over them. As he did he turned again, calling back: "Hey, Rodyr, you're a Toa of Gravity, right? Think you can help with this?"

IC:

The Wall gave off a long drawn out creaking whine, but it eventually caved in to the pressure and toppled before the adventurers, revealing an empty tunnel before them.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I'd say that did the trick, my compatriots. Let's advance before the culprit gets too far ahead." Thodir had refrained from interfering with his two companions' efforts to bring down the wall, what with the only real thing he could have brought to the table being his hammer.

After a few minutes of searching, Azi maskpalmed. "What the am I doing?! I have a mask of speed, duh!" He said before taking off. He started looking all over the city, unail he finally found Kanonu. "Hey Kanonu, where've ya been?"

Edited by Toa Azureus

Also, because THEMESONG:

OOC: Azureus, Gear just finished saying here that the Ussalry Quest was no longer taking on new players and/or characters. That means Rodyr, Thodir, Cotan, Dahrak, and Flabbergaster are all unfortunately off-limits for the time being as far as interaction is concerned. Please go back and edit your post.

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Golden Pickaxe Inn - Wiremu's Room)

Figuring a short nod would suffice as a greeting, Dahrak wasted little time getting straight to the point.

"A request, actually," he said. "The guards at the station have reason to believe that the thief who broke into your house knew precisely what he was looking for. Seeing as to how the documents in question were of a classified nature, this means that, aside from the perpetrator himself, the number of people who even knew of their existence would be limited at best."

He paused for a moment, mostly just to catch his breath, but to also let the information sink in a little before continuing.

"So unless he's been shadowing you for quite some time, managed to remain completely undetected by you and those you happen to interact with on a daily basis within both the government and the Ussalry, and was simply lucky enough to peg those papers specifically as an item of value, someone's likely been feeding him information. In other words, if you could provide a list of names and addresses regarding the individuals who had access to the stolen goods, it may not only aid in his capture and the return of your property, but potentially identify a traitor in your midst as well."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

• 2 weeks later...

Nuparu seemed sumberged in thought. Almost drowning, although he wouldn't have described it that way. That sort of abstractions really weren't to his taste.

"You've given me a lot to think about, here, Rynekk." he said with gravitas. He righted himself in his chair and looked at the Toa.

"I think I can see what the problem is, it sounds like The Nightfall and their associates are amassing wealth and power, quite literally. They want people to see them as an attractive alternative, in spite of what they stand for and what they have done. That sort of tactics seems to be taken right out of the Makuta's playbook, and that's only fitting... for better or worse."

OOC: Sorry about the wait. School's been a nightmare, but I should be getting back on-track.

IC:

"All due respect, sir," Rynekk said, settling himself into one of the chairs in front of the Akiri's desk, "but I'm having trouble seeing this Antidermis stuff as some kinda show of power on Echelon's part. In my experience, Makuta never put too much effort into trying to appeal to anyone. Not in this way, at least."

He would know, after all.

"Infected Masks? Parakuka? All that stuff messes with the mind, even if I -- or anyone, maybe -- don't understand why or how. Echelon's the same way. He's called the Necromancer for a reason, sir. If the rumours are true, he's more interested in forcing people to follow him rather than enticing them."

He stopped talking. Coughed once, unnaturally.

"I've, uh ... I've probably talked out of turn, haven't I, sir?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"I'd say that did the trick, my compatriots. Let's advance before the culprit gets too far ahead." Thodir had refrained from interfering with his two companions' efforts to bring down the wall, what with the only real thing he could have brought to the table being his hammer.

OOC: Notice: I just want to clarify that you guys can still move ahead one stage before I see any need to respond.

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Golden Pickaxe Inn - Wiremu's Room)

Figuring a short nod would suffice as a greeting, Dahrak wasted little time getting straight to the point.

"A request, actually," he said. "The guards at the station have reason to believe that the thief who broke into your house knew precisely what he was looking for. Seeing as to how the documents in question were of a classified nature, this means that, aside from the perpetrator himself, the number of people who even knew of their existence would be limited at best."

He paused for a moment, mostly just to catch his breath, but to also let the information sink in a little before continuing.

"So unless he's been shadowing you for quite some time, managed to remain completely undetected by you and those you happen to interact with on a daily basis within both the government and the Ussalry, and was simply lucky enough to peg those papers specifically as an item of value, someone's likely been feeding him information. In other words, if you could provide a list of names and addresses regarding the individuals who had access to the stolen goods, it may not only aid in his capture and the return of your property, but potentially identify a traitor in your midst as well."

IC: Wiremu (The Golden Pickaxe)

"I... well," Wiremu muttered cautiously, glancing at the two briefly before looking down again, twiddling his thumbs in uncomfortable silence for a few moments, "I can only think of one other person who knows, and that'd be... the Chief Researcher, Koritan. He has to know so that he can run the department properly, but... he's one of the top officials and everything, goes through several security checks and screenings."

Nuparu seemed sumberged in thought. Almost drowning, although he wouldn't have described it that way. That sort of abstractions really weren't to his taste.

"You've given me a lot to think about, here, Rynekk." he said with gravitas. He righted himself in his chair and looked at the Toa.

"I think I can see what the problem is, it sounds like The Nightfall and their associates are amassing wealth and power, quite literally. They want people to see them as an attractive alternative, in spite of what they stand for and what they have done. That sort of tactics seems to be taken right out of the Makuta's playbook, and that's only fitting... for better or worse."

OOC: Sorry about the wait. School's been a nightmare, but I should be getting back on-track.

IC:

"All due respect, sir," Rynekk said, settling himself into one of the chairs in front of the Akiri's desk, "but I'm having trouble seeing this Antidermis stuff as some kinda show of power on Echelon's part. In my experience, Makuta never put too much effort into trying to appeal to anyone. Not in this way, at least."

He would know, after all.

"Infected Masks? Parakuka? All that stuff messes with the mind, even if I -- or anyone, maybe -- don't understand why or how. Echelon's the same way. He's called the Necromancer for a reason, sir. If the rumours are true, he's more interested in forcing people to follow him rather than enticing them."

He stopped talking. Coughed once, unnaturally.

"I've, uh ... I've probably talked out of turn, haven't I, sir?"

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"I don't mind," Nuparu said with a disarming tone, "in this situation, I'll defer to your field experience."

"I think... why isn't it possible for the Makuta to simply do both, though?" Nuparu asked simply.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...