• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

norik

bionicle norik

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Peter Quill

Peter Quill
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • queer trans mom

• 2,493 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 06:30 AM

00-norik.png
[ brickshelf ]

watch out mama ran comin at ya with a new moc

couple months ago i decided to finally make a movie-based rahaga after watching web of shadows

its still not strictly movie-style but its inspired by it so whatever

anyway, finally got a new camera, decided to modify him a little from how i had him built, here we are

propeller spins, headlight glows, limbs suck

included are vague pics of how to build he torso so you too can have your own rahaga

bye

tumblr_inline_mrsns9fO2r1qep8gd.png

#2 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,223 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 08:23 AM

This. This is just so beautiful.

The shaping and accuracy of it all if extremely pleasing. The staff just seems a bit off...

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#3 Offline BobaFett2

BobaFett2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 08:53 AM

This is great. It's definitely a lot more accurate to the movie than the set, and it's far more interesting. The body design is the best part, I think.

The Legend Lives...

#4 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 10:57 AM

The shaping and accuracy of it all if extremely pleasing. The staff just seems a bit off...

In contrast, I actually think the staff is the best bit.  It's incredibly difficult to encapsulate a part as small as Norik's staff using different pieces, but it's still recognisable.  The use of the engine shaft pieces is particularly clever. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#5 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 559 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 11:05 AM

I would have never thought of building something like this myself, great idea and well executed!

new_sign_310714.jpg

#6 Offline Peter Quill

Peter Quill
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • queer trans mom

• 2,493 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 11:14 AM

In contrast, I actually think the staff is the best bit.  It's incredibly difficult to encapsulate a part as small as Norik's staff using different pieces, but it's still recognisable.  The use of the engine shaft pieces is particularly clever. 

to be honest i  wasnt even originally going to do anything special with the staff and just make a longer version of what he has in the set, but in the movie the flame part glows so i figured id try something like that. i think it works pretty well and makes for a great basic staff structure in general

also, you might think the engine shaft pieces are clever, but what you dont know is that they also fit in there a lot better than you think and are held in very nicely

#7 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 12:27 PM

also, you might think the engine shaft pieces are clever, but what you dont know is that they also fit in there a lot better than you think and are held in very nicely

That's precisely why I thought that. :P  They're not commonly used pieces, so they don't immediately jump to mind, but not much else would fit in that position, which is why it's such a smart choice.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#8 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,756 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 12:39 PM

Oh, it is movie-accurate! I love the color scheme and the staff is pretty creative. Nice work!

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#9 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,984 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:06 PM

Wow, nice work. The design is pretty sweet, especially the propellers and the staff. Got nothing bad to say, really.

#10 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 548 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 10:05 PM

I have to say that I really like the propellers. Unobtrusive, yet pretty similar and functional. Yes, rhotuka were fun to play with when I was younger (who am I kidding, they still are), but I always wanted to have a propeller-propelled Bionicle. Pohatu scratched that itch, but this movie-accurate Norik does it better. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#11 Offline Observedhalo

Observedhalo
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 256 posts

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is amazing! When I was little I wondered why they translated the spinners into propellers and I wanted to see that in set form. I am very impressed with you work. Have you by any chance make the rest of the Rahaga? It would be cool to see a group shot of them with the Toa Hordika.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

#12 Offline Peter Quill

Peter Quill
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • queer trans mom

• 2,493 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 05:33 AM

This is amazing! When I was little I wondered why they translated the spinners into propellers and I wanted to see that in set form. I am very impressed with you work. Have you by any chance make the rest of the Rahaga? It would be cool to see a group shot of them with the Toa Hordika.

thank you !! as much as id love to make the other five, there isnt really any feasible way i COULD. norik chomped up a lot of small pieces i dont particularly have huge reserves for, like the ++ liftarms, that wheel piece that i used to attach the propellers, etc, not to mention a lot of these pieces dont come in all the colours required to do so, particularly the slizer feet.

the only other rahaga i could really make would be bomonga and MAYBE kualus, but i doubt that one,

#13 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,173 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 21 2013 - 10:34 PM

have I ever said how much I love this because dang this is rad

the only improvement I might be able to fathom would be the legs because the way they're bent looks a little odd but iunno how you'd go about changing it

overall: a++ 10/10 would look at again

sdadcomedy.png

#14 Online XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 883 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2013 - 02:06 AM

This is truly excellent! I love how you did the rotors on his back. Very true to the movie style. It could only be more perfect if you could spin the rotors with a ripcord. :P

#15 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 655 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 02:01 PM

The MOC looks amazing, like the body but it look too blocky, the arm and leg don't look good at all but it do fit with the MOC plus i think it will looke better if you added those HF Parts, and now the head fits really well. The propeller on his back looks great and the staff is really good.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users