Bionicle- Nova Orbis (new world)

NickonAquaMagna

Love this story, but I do have two questions:

What are Vesta's and Albus's back stories? Where did they become toa and how did they help in setting up Miro Nui?

What are the Kanohi of Banhi and Trux?

If you choose to make either answers in story and not post them, here I understand.

Albus was lucky enough to join Macku and the others as a Toa when they first came to Nova Orbis. He became a Toa back on Sphereus Magna. Vesta was one of the first of the current generation of Matoran ever created, and became a Toa sometime after that. His time as the leader of his own team was surprisingly short-lived (only a few years, in fact), though we won't get into why for a while. He and his team succeeded the "Toa Magna," lead by Macku for a time, and his team was succeeded by the Toa Miro.

As for what Banhi and Trux' Kanohi are... how should I know?

JK,jk... I haven't decided yet, though.

On another note, sorry guys, but the next chapter won't be online until Wednesday or Thursday. I've been working on some other things these last coupla' days, so... yeah. It's gonna be a little late.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Chapter 19 is online! http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Mystery-Chapter-19-495418483

Here's what a Kaalva looks like.

19_3_by_nickinamerica-d86yjj0.jpg

Things are getting crazier by the minute. Can the Toa make it to the Rogue's layer, or will they be buried for all time?

Geez, Imber has it rough. Just as her other shoulder finished healing up, too.

Speaking of which, this is undoubtedly the most violent chapter yet. Considering the Toa actually do kill a coupla' these creatures... I hope I haven't ruined them as characters, or suddenly made this story too, too dark. The Toa of old never killed unless it was absolutely necessary, and... well, I hope this falls into that category.

And yes, I know the proper spelling is "mechanical." The way it's spelled as a name, in this story, is just a tongue-in-cheek sort of thing. I've also made the Mechanicles look like Hero Factory 2.0 figures, just for fun. No, there is no Hero Factory in this story.

Well, that's it for today. Things have been slow this week, and I'm working on commissions in the meantime, but the next chapter should be out by Monday.

Also, I'm getting interviewed by TTV tonight. WOOOOOOOOOOT~! Wish me luck. I know not everyone around here likes those guys, but this is something I've been looking forward to for a while.

• Upvote 1

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

A Mechanicle?  I'm guessing thats meant to be a direct pun on Bionicle.

Yes. It gave me a chance to poke fun at things like people mistaking Toa for robots from looking at them.

I've no problem with the violence, or with Toa killing, or with the story being dark. In fact, I think all three improve the story. Even my headcanons for the whole Bionicle story has those things being implemented in some areas where they were not before.

Nice intense fight scene. Actually, you made it sound much more violent than it actually was. The way you put it, I thought they might have been ripping the Kaalva's limbs off and beating the Kaalva with them! :P

That was a well done scene with Tenius. I got Takua vibes from it even before Ahkmou outright stated that.

Those Mechanicles (lol) are tougher than I'd have expected them to be, seeing as they're filling the role of generic soldiers. They remind me a little of Elites from Halo with regard to their toughness...and that's if you're on Heroic.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I've no problem with the violence, or with Toa killing, or with the story being dark. In fact, I think all three improve the story. Even my headcanons for the whole Bionicle story has those things being implemented in some areas where they were not before.

Nice intense fight scene. Actually, you made it sound much more violent than it actually was. The way you put it, I thought they might have been ripping the Kaalva's limbs off and beating the Kaalva with them! :P

Even if it has a few darker scenes, I just don't want to make this too dark overall, since I'm worried it'll lose the charm it had in the earlier chapters and I don't think making something darker necessarily makes it more grownup. If anything, if I can make this story exciting without resorting to that, I think it'll be even better. Thanks, anyway.

Even if it has a few darker scenes, I just don't want to make this too dark overall, since I'm worried it'll lose the charm it had in the earlier chapters and I don't think making something darker necessarily makes it more grownup. If anything, if I can make this story exciting without resorting to that, I think it'll be even better. Thanks, anyway.

It doesn't necessarily make it more grownup. But no concessions should be made to make it more kid-friendly or anything, if that's what you were thinking.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 20 is online! >> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Mystery-Chapter-20-496366791

Here's a closer look at the Mechanicles.

20_6_by_nickinamerica-d87iuw5.jpg

And these aren't even the craziest things you'll see in this chapter. On that note, though, I must reiterate that there is no Hero Factory in the Nova Orbis story. I basically just made the Mechanicles look this way to differentiate them from the more traditional-looking Toa, and put a somewhat sinister twist on this building system that I actually quite enjoy.

For those who are wondering, yes, it is possible to make the middle one's build with Drilldozer's chest piece, and one of the wider, pointier shells squeezed in around the belly. You can even put one of the "villain cores" over it... which I probably should've done, in fact.

I also thought it would be interesting to give these guys colors that we haven't seen on these pieces yet, such as sand red and sand green. There will be more Mechanicles to see in the future. They're just part of my Bionicle headcanon, now.

Back to the plot, though... Yeah. The twists just keep coming.

I wasn't planning on revealing one of the "others" this early, or at least like this, and... man. I guess the cat's out of the bag. The mystery of Nova Orbis is ruined, just like that. This is what its natives look like. Some of them, anyway.

Even so, we still don't really know anything about this new race. Are they the Great Beings' species? Are they some distant evolution of them? Are they one of their creations? How long have they been around? Who is this man?

We'll at least be able to answer that last question, next time. Wooooooot~

I'm also going to be uploading some new content delving into this race a bit in the coming days, after finishing another commission. I may be breaking new ground by introducing a race like this...? Maybe? We'll see how it goes.

That's it for today.

Hey, guys. Chapter 21 should be up, tomorrow. In the meantime, meet another member of this new species.

neem_by_nickinamerica-d87od29.jpg

You may not be able to tell at first, but the one on the right is actually a female. There may've been a time when these creatures were mammalian, and able to fed their infants the way such creatures typically do, but for whatever reason, they've evolved to be more like amphibians, and have since lost the anatomical traits needed to have this ability. >shrugs<

These creatures have many pigmentations and small, differing physical traits that fit their their environment. Webbed toes, harder skin, bigger eyes, things like that. Basically, they're diverse to the extent that birds or snakes or dogs are, much more than our own species.

This is all you'll get to see of them for a while, though, aside from the character introduced in chapter 20. Still... at least now, you can get a feel of what these creatures look like. hopefully, I haven't ruined the mystery that's made this story interesting, so far.

Still haven't come up with a name for this species, though. I want to name them something that's really easy to roll of the tongue, like... neem (saving that for another story), but not something flowery and generically fantasy-like, like meena or kita or whatever that you could swear you've heard in a hundred stories, already, or even a long name that just blends in with every other Bionicle name ever.

Thoughts? How do you guys feel about a fully-organic species (great beings aside) being introduced to Bionicle?

Thanks, guys.

And look at that, chapter 21 is online! >> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Mystery-Chapter-21-496760858

I know the traffic on this site isn't constant, and I don't want to sound entitled, but I do hope this chapter generates a bit more discussion than the last one, what with another big reveal (well, more like two) an' all that.

In this one, Tenius finds... something.

21_6_by_nickinamerica-d87rb5d.jpg

Is it Axonn? Maybe, maybe not... could just be one of his species. Either way, these Matoran have seen better days.

Not to toot my own horn, but... I think the panels that feature Tenius in this place in the final chapter are some of the best I've done so far with this series. They're the most simple, but they're just so atmospheric. It probably helped that I was listening to stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYg2inW7Nis while coloring this.

But man, the twists just don't stop... I hope it's not getting to be too much, but we are in the final chapters of the first story arc.

And yeah, it turns out Fa-Matoran and Toa of Magnetism ARE still a thing... kinda. You'll see.

So yeah... lot stuff to digest, in this one. I should have this wrapped up in three or four more chapters, including the final battle with Ultio himself, so you won't have to wait too long for things to start making sense again.

No, wait... when have they ever made sense?

This chapter is probably the one that's raised the most questions for me.

-Who were those ancient dead matoran (and Axxon?) Tenius discovered?

-What were they doing on Nova Orbis?

-How old are they, and the area Tenius is in?

-Who is the Imprisoned Toa of Magnetism?

-How is he powering the Machine? With his life force?

-Why is there no other Toa/Matoran/Turaga of magnetism on Nova Orbis?

-What is Ultio, like, a Toa, Makuta, Nova Orban or other being?

-Who is the edict really?

-When will that blue Nova Orban you showed earlier show up in the story?

-Are the Nova Orbans GREAT BEINGS Secretly?

-Will the Toa stop the crust-buster in time?

-Will any of them return to the surface alive?

And the most important, Essential question of all...

-What will happen next?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Right now I'm debating whether or not that's Axonn (because it hit me like a ton of bricks for some reason) and whether that Toa of Magnetism might join the team if they free him, perhaps teaching and training the Toa a little bit. Wouldn't be the first time there's been a seventh Toa.

Then again I'd love it if they woke him up and he was just Inappropriate language removed. -B6 insane, trying to attack them. (A bit like Sentinel Prime when Optimus reactivated him in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.)

Edited by Black Six

Those two chapters were immensely interesting. Especially the second. And don't worry, revealing the mysteries doesn't ruin the story. It's inevitable, and I'd find it quite frustrating if the mystery was dragged on too much. Besides, there are still plenty of new mysteries.

Like the corpse room. And if that isn't Axonn I will be greatly surprised. Even if it was another of his species, there would probably be color and mask differences, I think. So I'm definitely calling it right now if it's Axonn.

I was also surprised to find that the power source was a Toa, and of Magnetism no less! I was expecting something nuclear, because of Noyra's comment about hitting the power source being a bad idea.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

If that's Axonn, then I wouldn't be surprised if Velika had something to do with his death. :P

SPOIL ALERT-

Velika is not the villain of this series.

Though I will touch upon his rise to power on Sphereus Magna that they were building up in the past.

Chapter 22 goes up, tomorrow. For now, here's a preview.

Take a wild guess who this is.

22_b_by_nickinamerica-d87yav1.jpg

Kinda channeled the whole Megaman Zero art style with this design. Crazy proportions, big hands, and loads of stuff clumped together.

ERMEGHERD! IT'S THE ROGUE/ULTIO!!!

HE LOOKS AMAZING!!!

EAT YOUR HEART OUT MAKUTA, TUMA, VON NEBULA, VELIKA, DARTH VADER, GANONDORF, AND EVEN THE DEVIL HIMSELF!

Seriously though, His design is probably one of your best so far (Alongside the Toa Novus and Anguis).

(If somebody made an MOC of him, It would probably be a runner up to the Battle for the Gold mask Competition)

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

I actually do have an Ultio moc nearly finished. It's just too bad his helmet doesn't exist.

Can you post a pic when you're done? A Kraahkan, Pakari, or Pakari Mistika should substitute well enough.

I would imagine the Fire Lord/Drilldozer helmet would work well.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I actually do have an Ultio moc nearly finished. It's just too bad his helmet doesn't exist.

Can you post a pic when you're done? A Kraahkan, Pakari, or Pakari Mistika should substitute well enough.

I don't have any of those, but I can get by. If it comes to the worst... I can have someone make a 3D print of the helmet.

And yes, I'll post pictures of it. I'll do it tomorrow, if I can, when the lighting is good.

I would imagine the Fire Lord/Drilldozer helmet would work well.

Hmmmmmmmmm......>tries it<

By jove, you're right.

• Upvote 1

Chapter 22 is online, featuring the debut of Ultio, our first major antagonist! >> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Mystery-Chapter-22-497308651

I'm also going to upload images of a MOC of this guy, today, if I can help it.

22_9_by_nickinamerica-d8832kt.jpg

Things are coming to a head from all angles. There's only so many ways this can end, now. I should have this story wrapped up in another two chapters... three, tops. Maybe an epilogue that leads to next year's story.  I can't promise the next chapter will come online on Monday, though. No, I'm going to take the next day or two to catch up on commissions. I've been neglecting buyers to get this done, but I'll get to them now. The next chapter will be released soon after I'm done with those. Heck, if I do this right, this story just might get wrapped up by the end of the week. We'll see.

For now, feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 1

...Yeah, Bionicle got WEIRD near the end. Of course, that's just another thing I loved about it, but it's too fun not to poke fun at.

On another note, here's the closest we'll ever get to seeing this year's big bad in set form. http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16002-bionicle-nova-orbis-ultio-moc/

ultioposter_by_nickinamerica-d884ee8.png

• Upvote 3

Maybe It's made of something stronger than Protosteel, probably enhanced with Crystaline antidermis or something. (Maybe it's made out of melted-down TONKA toys?)

Anyway, That MOC Is pretty awesome. It looks like it could've actually been an actual Bionicle Set at some point.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters