Bionicle- Nova Orbis (new world)

NickonAquaMagna

That poster is amazing! The scrap elements, the colour scheme...wow.

My memory is bad, but which of the Toa Miro was Zyvys? I don't remember reading much about him. Sorry if I'm being dumb and missing some supermassive plot point from the early chapters, but it's been a while since I read them.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

NOVA ORBIS PART 2 VILLAIN CONFIRMED!

In all seriousness, he looks very evil. I wonder what his pre-corrupted form would look like. Looking forward to learning more!

He's not saying that the character was corrupted. The image file itself received some internal damage, Nick's saying, and it didn't turn out quite the way he expected.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

In all seriousness, he looks very evil. I wonder what his pre-corrupted form would look like. Looking forward to learning more!

He's not saying that the character was corrupted. The image file itself received some internal damage, Nick's saying, and it didn't turn out quite the way he expected.

Actually, I'm talking about information on in him the Nova Orbis world, not ours. XD

That poster is amazing! The scrap elements, the colour scheme...wow.

My memory is bad, but which of the Toa Miro was Zyvys? I don't remember reading much about him. Sorry if I'm being dumb and missing some supermassive plot point from the early chapters, but it's been a while since I read them.

All I'll reveal about him for now, is that he's a Toa of Gravity.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Actually, I'm talking about information on in him the Nova Orbis world, not ours. XD

Oh. :P Well, I guess I was close in the sense that some files were corrupted rather than the character, right?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Indeed, they are smashing.

On another note... here's something to cap off the year with. It's something I've been meaning to get to for a long time.

Behold... Toa Zyvys.

*SNIP*

......Yeah. Seems his files were corrupted, and this bitty is the result. Huh.

#Bionicle2015!

Bloody #### that's creepy  :P

So I'm guessing...something happened to the Miro...

From what I could see of the writing, it seemed to be saying that he had turned more mechanical.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Not really.. being a Ba-Matoran, he was always more mechanical than most modern Matoran. That carried over to his Toa form, along with...

PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

On another note... where did that Kanohi Vahi come from? I mean, I'm flattered that someone apparently thinks I should be the man in charge of it... It'll look nice on the shelf, but... huh.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Not really.. being a Ba-Matoran, he was always more mechanical than most modern Matoran. That carried over to his Toa form, along with...

PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

On another note... where did that Kanohi Vahi come from? I mean, I appreciate that someone apparently thinks I'm worthy of being in charge of it... It'll look nice on the shelf, but... huh.

It means you've been on the site a year now. 1 year gives you a Vahi, 2 gives an Avohkii, 3 gives a Huna, 4 gives a Norik head, 5 gives an Olmak, 6 gives a Faxon, 7 gives an Ignika, 8 gives an Ackar head, 9 gives a Hau, 10 gives a Hapori Tohu head, 11 gives a (sigh) Rocka head... moving on, 12 gives some other Hero Factory head I don't even recognize, 13 gives a Breez head (Gaaaah....), and there is no 14 year spinny yet but I assume it'll be from Bionicle Okoto.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I really like that drawing. I wanna see a Toa of Gravity performing major hack attacks now. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Okay, I've actually been meaning to read this a number of times, but just didn't sit down and really read it until I watched the TTV Interview the other day. Amazing work, Nick. Loved every step of the way, and very excited for the next arc.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys. Got something big to share with you, today. Behold, the wave 2 Matoran sets!

....plus one Ussal crab.

I realize that the image below is too small to be... well, readable, so here's a link to the "real" version. >> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Wave-2-Matoran-511480823

characters_by_nickinamerica-d8git1q.jpg

And here's a closer look at each of these, anyway.

susurri2_by_nickinamerica-d8gj5p3.jpg

kuori2_by_nickinamerica-d8git5e.jpg

outo_by_nickinamerica-d8gj5o2.jpg

gemma2_by_nickinamerica-d8git4w.jpg

So yeah, these would be part of the 2015 winter wave if Bionicle had gone on like this. One can always dream.

With wave 1, I focused on giving the Matoran really diverse builds an' whatnot. These may be a little more basic, but I hope I've managed to convey how different they are in terms of their nature. For example, there's the almost completely mechanical extreme at one end of the spectrum, then a borderline Agori at the other end with a much more organic body... then you've got Susurri, who's somewhere in the middle, a relic of the new generation's... gestation, we'll say. He's almost like an upright walking insect, with all his hard bits layered over his softer bits.

Also, we finally get a look at a typical Po-Matoran's feet. Yes, they have toes. Like, ACTUAL toes, and not just claws like on Susurri's Protector feet.

For those who want a good idea of how Kuori's species is constructed, well, the shell is a Bohrok cranium, the legs are like Lord of Skull Spider's (same feet, just much shorter legs), the claws are Carapar armor, and each eye stalk is the smaller part of an elephant's trunk with a Barraki eye in the lil' nub at the end. These surface-dwelling Ussals come in all colors. Looking back, red probably would've been a more fitting eye color for Kuori, but I didn't want to make her look mean or anything.

....Aaaand I just realized how much nicer this would look with shadows next to the Matoran at the top. Oh well...

Anyhow, that's basically it for today. Nova Orbis will return for real in a coupla' months, after I finish Shadow of The Devilman.

Discuss! Feedback is always appreciated. Also up for commissions, if anyone wants me to draw their Bionicle OCs.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

Outo: Germaphobe

Susurri: well, how does he communicate, or even have a quote, if he is deaf? Unless maybe he gained back some hearing ability?

Kuori: d'aww. So cute!

Gemma: dem hips do. I mean, c'mon. :/

I like these new Matoran, especially Susurri's design and backstory. That, and Sonics is my favorite element, so it might be my bias... :D

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Susurri: well, how does he communicate, or even have a quote, if he is deaf? Unless maybe he gained back some hearing ability?

Kuori: d'aww. So cute!

Gemma: dem hips do. I mean, c'mon. :/

I like these new Matoran, especially Susurri's design and backstory. That, and Sonics is my favorite element, so it might be my bias... :D

He wasn't always deaf. He still remembers how to say some things, though he must sound pretty awkward to others, not knowing what his own voice sounds like.

As for Gemma.... her proportions really aren't that different from Banhi's.

And yeah, I had to give the Ussals some well earned respect in this new story.

• Upvote 1

Well, germaphobe would be pretty ironic wouldnt it? Considering a Ba-Matoran is mostly machine, germs wouldnt really effect him much :P
Well that doesn't mean he doesn't have any organic parts like a respiratory system or a digestive system. He is still a living being so he must fill the seven criteria required to be considered "living"

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, spring is approaching fast. Will we possibly be getting a more accurate date for the start of the second year/wave/season?

Sorry guys. I'm going as fast as I can with this new "Shadow of The Devilman" comic. It's.... actually coming along surprisingly fast. It'll take at least another month to finish, though. As soon as that's out of the way, though, you know what comes next. I should be ready to continue with Nova Orbis sometime in April, May at the latest.

Have you ever thought about collaborating with others on making your comics? I mean, I'm not asking to collaborate, I'm asking whether you've thought about collaborating with anyone with the comic making process? Doing it solo is quite an effort, so splitting the work-load between two (or heck, even three) people would make things run faster. Not that I want to come across as impatient, it's rather more of a thing of efficiency, and also preventing over-working while also producing more content. So... yay or nay?

Have you ever thought about collaborating with others on making your comics? I mean, I'm not asking to collaborate, I'm asking whether you've thought about collaborating with anyone with the comic making process? Doing it solo is quite an effort, so splitting the work-load between two (or heck, even three) people would make things run faster. Not that I want to come across as impatient, it's rather more of a thing of efficiency, and also preventing over-working while also producing more content. So... yay or nay?

You mean letting someone else make the illustrations, sometimes? A Stuart Sayger to my... >insert name of original Bionicle comic artist here<?

Not necessarily. I mean, you could do the illustrations, and then someone else might possibly colour them. That's how it works in many cases; one artist doing lineart while another does the colouring. That way, you could decrease the workload somewhat while also introducing possibly a new style to your comics, while not deviating from the original art style when it comes to the general shapes. Also, someone to consult on the story itself, possibly someone you could trust to write some chapters for you even, or co-write chapters. Anything to make it less of a solo-effort, and more of an efficient comic-making team.

Well, it sounds nice, but I don't really know any artists willing to help with the illustrations or anyone I trust to help write the story. I mean... They'd have to be a really, REEEEEALLY dedicated Bionicle fan.

Like me? :P No, seriously, I would love to help you on Nova Orbis Nickon. It is a great project, one I truly believe in. I myself am a writer trying to learn his craft. And if you do not need any help on Nova Orbis, I'd be open to do any other kind of collaboration :)

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

Well, it sounds nice, but I don't really know any artists willing to help with the illustrations or anyone I trust to help write the story. I mean... They'd have to be a really, REEEEEALLY dedicated Bionicle fan.

There's always me! :D I'd be more than happy to help out.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~