Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Terop

Score!

Of course, I didn't say anything outloud, merely keeping the grin on my face as we walked towards the theatre. My armored feet crunched on the recently fallen snow, leaving a trail of noticable tracks. Well, I suppose there would definately be talk about this, if anyone saw us, that is.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Oreius)

Clutching the still-warm Essence Stone to his chest, Oreius followed Stannis's lead and hurled himself off the hill, doing his best to ignore all the warnings his brain was screaming at him. For a moment, he felt nothing but air, and then he was rolling, faster and faster down the white slope.

He could vaguely hear a howl of pain from behind him, along with with a gasp of fright from Koreru. The Ta-Matoran couldn't tell if their new companion was alright: his vision was nothing but a blur of colours; a mix of snow and sky as he tumbled head over heels down the mountainside. He closed his eyes against this dizzying sight, foregoing any attempt at control over or knowledge of his descent, and simply let himself fall, following the Wanderer to who knew where.

Hopefully they would get there before he threw up.

IC: Riversong (in an inn in Ko-Koro)

She snapped out of her thoughts just in time to see a white-armored Toa moving in her direction; although her first instinct was to move into some sort of defensive position, she quickly realized that he looked more uncomfortable than threatening. Smiling slightly in an attempt to disguise her inner tension, Riversong replied, "Sure, I don't mind,", moving over slightly to give him room to sit.

IC:

Marrak sat next to her, setting his book title-side-down on the table. He shifted himself awkwardly in an attempt to get more comfortable. It didn't work. He noticed her smile, and smiled back. After a moment of sitting there, smiling at her, he noticed that he had forgotten to say something. His smile faltered, and he mumbled "Uh... Hi I'm Marrak."

It didn't take long for him to notice he had greeted her twice and he looked down at his book, blushing slightly. Moron...

IC: Reordin (Ko-Wahi)

"We'll be out in around three minutes. Tops."

Sure enough, the Guard's estimate was almost right on the money; not two hundred seconds later, the group's collective pace had hurried to the point where getting out of the cave was a cinch. They were greeted with the pale, featureless visage of Ko-Wahi, and Reordin put the tablet back in his bag - the glare was too bright when contrasted with the sun, which shone down on them mercilessly without clouds to mask it yet still gave almost no warmth - before withdrawing the map and tracing a path to the stone.

"This way."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Terop

I smiled. A real smile. Not the kind I put on for the fans. I hooked my arm around hers, and guided Kyra down towards seating. Well, there wasn't a whole lot of beings there, surprisingly enough, so finding back-row-seating was quite simple. Selecting two that were relatively far away from any other being, I sat her down, before sitting down myself.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kyra (Theatre, Ko-Koro)

Kyra sighed happily as she felt Terop's arm wrapping around her. She, too, wasn't paying much attention to what was going on, instead thinking about how warm Terop was, especially given how cold it had been outside.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: [Elysi]

If Elysi had a greater awareness of the universe, she would have told the puppeteer of her companion that she was female, and should not be referred to with 'his', but alas, she had no awareness of the metaphysical beings beyond comprehension, so she didn't do so. What she did do, was wonder why she had to be stuck with such a moronic companion.

"What are you doing?"

IC: Riversong (in a Ko-Koro inn, talking to Marrak)

After a moment of hesitation, she replied, "I'm Riversong.". A more-than-slightly awkward pause ensued as Merrak looked away, leaving the Toa of Water unsure of what to do next. Having never been especially good at starting conversations (or continuing them, for that matter), the silence stretched on as Riversong wracked her brain for something to say.

"So," she said at last, "what brings you here?"

IC:

Leah blinked a few times, shielding her eyes with her hand. The sudden change from rocky cave to open snow-scape and the reflecting sun blinded her for a few seconds. Eventually, the shapes became clearer again and she lowered her hand, walking over to Reordin who traced the way they needed to go to get to the stones on the map he carried. Leah sighed. "More walking...and then we'll have to deal with whatever challenge the location itself has in stock for us."

She shrugged slightly. "Well, better to get it done quickly then. Lead the way, LT."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: ZakamaZakama left for Le-WahiOOC: Zakama to Le-Wahi

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Ic: The roaring avalanche caught up with the Wanderer, enveloping him in suffocating powder. The white blanket of ice rolled Stannis as if he were in a drying machine, but he felt even worse as the cold touch of snow tingled his sense of balance and threw his mind into a haywire. Only this time he could not give in to surrender, not when hope and salvation was so close to him.

He felt the lid of consciousness close in, he saw the shadow of despair cloak him. But if he fell asleep at this trying time, all hope would be lost. He would die, and his companions would be doomed because of it. They would try to help him and they would perish. That is if they lived through the same tumult he was in.

Suddenly, Stannis was thrown out of the descending snowfall, spat out like dust in a sneeze. He flew backwards, the cold air whipping by him. Time seemed to slow down to a trickle as he felt weightless and the harsh white light of Ko-Wahi washed over his, the hole of sleep vanquished by purity.

To his left, he could barely see the streaks of beings.

Red: Oreius.

Grey: Korero.

Yellow: A muaka.

Crunch.

He fell on his back into the unloving arms of an alpine tree, long-since deceased and spiny. It was the equivalent of felling into an acupuncturist's table and pain jolted through his armor into his body, but as he folded over a branch as it broke off from the trunk and he flopped beside it into the snow below he realized the tree had saved him from a worse fate: A hard cushion of jagged stones would have given him the same fate as the muaka that fell into the avalanche.

Growlllll.

He looked at the stick beside him. It was straight and smooth; the spiny twigs must have snapped off as it fell from the tree. The point was the only thing that was sharp, a dangerously precise point on an unnaturally beautiful stick. The divine spear Destiny lovingly crafted for Stannis at the moment of need.

Destiny, he knew, worked in mysterious ways.

He snatched the weapon up from the snow and turned to face the beast that lingered behind him. The muaka was large and ferocious in both appearance and reality. It was a good two seconds of sprinting away from him. Had it wished to slay the Wanderer, it already could have done so, but it hadn't. The dirty masks, soiled with rust and pits, indicated its artificial allegiance, but it had stayed. It could only mean that the Makuta, or the beast's handler, did not want him dead.

"Too bad," Stannis mouthed to himself. "I want you dead."

The beast sensed the threat with its intelligence and growled again with more sinister intentions. Stannis exhaled, preparing to use his weapon with all his faculties and felt invigorated by the good omens fate gave him. Others, and indeed if the time were different even Stannis, would have felt fear staring at the epitome of graceful death, but right then Stannis did not feel fear: His god was with him. The muaka lurched and snapped its neck forward to disable the matoran warrior instantly, but Stannis deftly jumped back with equal speed and planted his weapon's bottom in the snow for added stability. The muaka's face met the sturdily-posted point of the pike and unwittingly stabbed itself. It's head recoiled from the unexpected resistance and shook, spraying a trickle of blood from the fresh wound that dripped into the tossed white snow.

Stannis lunged closer to the beast and rolled into the snow to duck under a sideways swipe from an armored claw. He reemerged and swung his weapon like a staff and knocked the right Kanohi off the beast with unerring speed before jumping aside to evade another savage scratch. The muaka roared with defiance at the little man who withstood its anger. It snarled and reared its ugly hear at the sky and revved its treads for another deadly attack and Stannis got back on his feet, desperately seeking to steady himself in preparation for the barrage.

Snow peaked up behind the beast as it charged and swung a claw at him. He held his pike up to block it seemingly in vain as the claws ripped the stick in two, but Stannis twirled the two sticks like daggers and held them aloft as if they were lightning bolts in the grips of a thunder god. As the Muaka's head lurched forward Stannis plunged them into the beast's eyes and heard the cringeworthy shatter of the eyelids followed by the smashing of the eyes themselves. He released his hold on the broken spear and jumped away, though he was caught by a wild claw and thrown aside like a doll. He collided with the snow just as the Muaka roared in rage at the pain as the sticks dug further into its skull.

And then, suddenly, the muaka fell in a heap and rolled down the hill as if chasing its fellow fallen brother, leaving a tired and exhausted Stannis alone in solitude as the tail of the avalanche rolled past him.

He wasted no time in looking at the tree for another spear but, seeing none, left it alone and carefully ran down the slope to reach the bottom and help his friends, should they have lasted to the end.

OOC: Impressive.

IC: Ronkshou & Vidar – Ko-Wahi

The two servants of the Makuta bolted towards their targets, a ravenous grin forming on Vidar’s face.

They have found a third, Vidar thought, noting the Ko-Matoran traveling with them and assuming it was one of the Matoran they were after.

Ronkshou’s expression remained stone-cold, fitting the now rockier landscape that they were approaching. The Infected Toa held out his right palm in a “stop” gesture. He beckoned his master to steady the beasts so they the servants could ride them down the oncoming cliff.

One stopped, but two of them were simply moving too fast. Ronkshou remained stoic as one of their giant tigers leapt off the slope, and subsequently let out a deep, pained howl. The other Muaka managed to avoid the rocks and hit the snow patch. From their angle, however, Ronkshou and Vidar could no longer see the Muaka.

That left one, and Ronkshou instantly decided who would be riding it.

“You’re up,” Ronkshou said to Vidar. Controlled by the adrenaline rush, Vidar didn’t even think to question the Infected Toa. He bolted towards the third Muaka and adroitly leapt into the air at awesome precision, perfectly landing on his steed.

“Go”, commanded Vidar.

The Muaka obeyed and leaned in as if he was to devour a meal. In an instant, he bolted off the cliff. This time, Vidar directed his steed to the patches of soft snow, forcing the Muaka to leap skillfully from ledge to ledge and displace much of the bright, reflective snow in the process. The avalanche had passed now, and Vidar spurred his Muaka, beckoning it to leap farther to catch up. The powerful legs of his steed combined with the precise direction of its rider made the sole remaining animal still faster than its targets as they continued to tumble down the slope. Vidar had to be careful though, and careful he was. He focused on the path ahead, planning it and revising it in his head to avoid hidden rock beds and brittle trees. In the distance,

As Stannis ran down the remainder of the slope and ever closer to his friends, he would have seen the third and final Muaka fly over him, and kick up snow as it continued to bolt. Vidar’s keen eyes noticed the lone Matoran as his steed flew over him, but he continued forth. He knew that this Matoran was intending to meet the others anyway, and Vidar was intending to cut off all three of them.

As Vidar continued to ride down the slopes, he noticed a particularly shiny patch of snow to his right.

Ice patch, Vidar thought.

A slippery surface could easily mean a failed chase. Vidar quickly grabbed on to the Muaka and forced its neck slightly to the left. This patch was smaller – its diameter about half of Utu’s height – but if Vidar timed it just right…

The lime-green Toa spurred his steed again, signaling it to jump. The Muaka did not falter, and Vidar found himself in the air once more. They need to quickly turn and leap to their right, or else their movement would take them off the patch as quickly as they got onto it. Turning the Muaka’s head to the right this time, the massive tiger leapt again towards the bottom of the cliff, where Oreius and Korero were. By this time, they had finally reached the bottom. Snow and ice still shot into the air like steam rising from boiling water. Vidar and his Muaka had reached the end of this avalanche, and the Toa ducked his head, riding daringly into mesh of snow and dirt as it crashed against each other.

If Vidar estimated correctly, a very short sprint would all that was required to pass the likely disoriented Matoran and block their progress.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Kryon the True

I stumbled through the wreckage of a destroyed hunting camp leaning in my hammer for support when I heard the cry. I went to investigate the cries and found the Toa and Mauka attacking Ko-Matoran and immediately charged toward the Mauka and its rider with my shield in front of me and my hammer raised high.

IC: Utu - Ko-WahiUtu, came up into view behind Ronkshou who was standing at the edge of a cliff. Vidar had just leaped off the edge on a Muaka. He stopped his run, coming up behind the servant of Makuta, he watched as Vidar expertly jumped from place to place on the giant cat, making his way down the edge.Utu turned to Ronkshou before lifting up his hand, a large chunk of the hard snow and ice that held onto the mountain's edge, bringing it upright. Utu jumped, landing on it, his knees absorbing the shock, Ronkshou doing the same. Utu opened his palm, the ice half dropping, and half lowering itself down the cliff. Vidar was much further ahead of the pair, and by the time they reached the ground, Vidar had just made his second jump. Ronkshou jumped off, but Utu placed a flattened mound of ice on the ground before him, stepping onto it, locking his feet in with more ice.He crouched, pushing forwards. Toa of ice couldn't fly, but they could push.Utu sped off, his hands hovering over the ice, his fingertips dancing lightly on the shining platform, stabilizing the edges. The platform took off, ripping down the hill. He could already tell his platform was moving faster than the Muaka Vidar had ridden, and he pushed again, gaining more speed.He aimed for Stannis, preparing to respond to whatever it us the Matoran would do.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |