Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Nekron (Ko-Koro)

Nekron let out a cry of anger, frustration and pain as he was pushed back by the sonic attack. His ears were ringing. His sight was blurry. Every part of him was aching.

He used his Kualsi to jump forward one final time, trying to slash at Arkrak's maskless face.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: [Arkrak]

Arkrak was barely able to move back as his opponent tried to claw wildly at his maskless face - he was capable of moving away from most of the danger, but Nekron managed to scratch against his cheeks, causing him to wince in pain. Stumbling back slightly, the Toa of Sonics threw a punch forwards, hoping to take down the other Toa as quickly as possible.

Edited by Space Pirate

IC: Nekron (Ko-Koro)

Nekron felt his fingers make contact with Arkrak's face, and took new strength from it, about to hit the De-Toa with another attack when he found himself hit in the side by a punch. Angry, he reached into his armour and grabbed one of his blades, before slashing wildly at Arkrak, hoping to cut into him somewhere.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Korero)

"My..." the Ko-Matoran stammered, "my name is Korero. I'm a...a historian, I was out in the Wastes looking for an old totem I'd heard about. It's fascinating, it had this old inscription..."

Korero's notebook was already halfway out of his bag when he checked himself, sliding it back into the satchel.

"I'm sorry, you don't want to know some old statue...anyway, as I was coming back to get a ferry, I heard that avalanche so I ran to see what was happening. Then I saw you fight off that...monster..."

Korero shuddered at the thought of the Mark Bearer, then a curious expression crossed his face once more. He looked up at Stannis.

"That's no ordinary raider..." he said, "and what was that flash of light? How did you fight him off like that? I've never seen anything like it..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC.Paranormahyporachnaphobia.Fear of unnatural spiders underneath her. That was what that meant, right? She scribbled that into the crossword puzzle- "OMG it fits" -and drew a line through number three on the "hints" list. She had crossed it with "largophonumeronia" and "sikolophobolosogomonoity" in a pattern. She had about seven words left.Taking a sip of her tea- miracle cactus extracts, that would be -she tossed her pen down and got out of her seat. Now her morning would begin. With repairs in Ko-Koro still in the process, she had taken up giving gravitational support to the workers. Boring, but satisfying.Yup. Now her day would begin.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Jasik (Ko-Koro)

"I am borderline positive there's no such word as..."

The Toa of Air leaned over Veira's shoulder to look at the puzzle, scanning the clues list and the filled in blanks for words.

"Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. It says meth twice. Obviously made up."

-tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC."I think what you mean, is Methylenedioxymethamathapamphetamine. The difference is mostly in pronouncing it, so I can see where you'd get mixed up."She smiled, taking one last look at the page."C'mon, you know you've come down with uracilomoterrapolitia at least once, or gone hurogartomithypolixing a few times."

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Nekron & Incommodo (Ko-Koro)

Nekron's sight was coming back into focus while he fought to stay standing, and he made out Arkrak, lying in the snow. It was stained red with blood. Smirking, Nekron began walking away, before he felt a magnetic force holding him back.

"You hurt Arkrak," Incommodo hissed. His eyes were purple, and his blades were in his hands.

"And?" Nekron asked, glaring at Incommodo.

"You're not getting away with that." In a second, Incommodo was right in front of Nekron. "I'm not letting you."

"You seemed fine with it when I was fighting him."

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't win."

"Alright then, Incommodo. What are you going to do about it?"

Incommodo put his blades away, then stepped back slightly. He lifted his hand, manipulating Nekron's arm and hand so that the tip of his blade was pressed against his chest. Nekron tried to fight back, but he had wasted all of his elemental energy fighting Arkrak.

"How do you know this won't kill you, too?" Nekron smirked. "We're linked, Incommodo. There's a little bit of me in you, and of you in me. I can see the bloodlust in your eyes. That's not from you. That's from me."

"I'll never be like you."

Nekron began laughing quietly. "Too late, Incommodo. You already are."

Incommodo pushed his hand towards Nekron, the blade sliding into his chest, causing him to gasp in pain. "Maybe you'll get lucky. Maybe it won't kill you. But next time, I think you'll be a bit more careful before messing with my friends."

Then, he turned, and walked over to Arkrak. He crouched down, leaning over him. "You awake?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Ic: "Ordinary raider or not, he was the raider who attacked us and that is what he is to me," Stannis said as he led the way. Korero was in the middle of the single-file line while Oreius took the rear, periodically looking behind them to assuage doubts of their safety.

The fact that Korero had seen the burst of fire forced Stannis to think of yet another thing to describe in laymen's terms. Unable to do so, he settled for the enigmatic. "Faith can often work in mysterious ways. Sometimes even a simple item can become a deadly weapon if Mata Nui wills it. There is no way to describe it other than by belief in something greater.

"I am Stannis," he said, finally introducing himself. Oreius would have to do his own, though. "I'm an adventurer."

IC: Utu - Ko-WahiUtu picked himself up, his Mark no longer active, the anger and fear was gone now. All that remained was disappointment. All that remained was uncontrollable chaos. Utu no longer had any sort of hold on what was happening, or where he should go next; he couldn't even consult with Ronkshou or Vidar, not that they would want to anyways. His outburst was not something he planned for, it just kind of happened. And he couldn't really blame them. If the mission went awry they'd need to place the blame on Utu in order to survive. But where to start? The two had been split up from the other two. That meant the other four must've escaped on their own. A hidden path perhaps? Utu decided that would not be a good place to start. They would be long gone by now.He supposed that following after the Matoran would be the best place to start. They were still in Ko-Wahi; and Utu would have that advantage over them. He stood up. What even happened? It must've been the artifact that Utu had been sent to retrieve among others. What the karz was he even after?Heuani had given him little to nothing to work off of before sending out two others.Before he sent out veterans.

It suddenly clicked into Utu's brain, he wasn't really supposed to succeed. Heuani sent him on the mission with no information, and no real clear goal to work towards. Ronkshou and Vidar seemed a hardly disinterested in Utu's attempts to capture the Matoran; not really contributing to it. At least not when Utu was involved.And he could either play into Heuani's little game; and hopefully succeed. Or he could leave now, let the real agents do their job; and probably die for abandoning his mission. He was more than likely dead anyways. These Matoran weren't just any old Matoran. There was something unsettling about this group. They knew what they were doing. And with nothing else on them, Utu couldn't do much of anything.Heuani had set Utu up for failure.He growled as the massive Toa stepped towards the mountainside.Of course. Why hadn't he seen it before? It would explain why Ronkshou and Vidar were so impassive about Utu and the mission at hand. Heuani planned for Utu to fail, and when he did, he would kill him. Probably like he killed Dorian. That blind fool. They had both fallen for him.Utu Kotore started scaling the mountain just as Ronkshou reached the top, gripping onto whatever holds he had, both on the mission, and the mountain.He was going to prove Heuani wrong. He was going to succeed. For the first time in his life, he was going to do something right, when he was expected to fail.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Korero)

Korero's eyes lit up at Stannis' words.

"An adventurer!" he gasped. "Are you really?"

In spite of the situation, Korero smiled in awe at the Pa-Matoran, looking him up and down. In fact, now that he really looked at Stannis, there was something about him...something that suggested he was more than met the eye. The young Ko-Matoran felt himself somehow inspired by the adventurer's presence, and it stirred him to speak, the words almost seeming to come of their own accord.

"An adventurer," Korero continued, his voice becoming dreamy and his eyes looking distant, "a traveller, a voyager - a Wanderer."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ic: "A traveler, a voyager - a Wanderer."

Act casual.

Stannis gave Korero a sidelong glance and could feel his admiration as if it were radiating like heat from a stone. "You could say that," Stannis said as if concurring. "I have meandered through every Wahi and the Kini Nui valley. I mostly just let the winds of Destiny take me. So far, the winds have been strong."

IC (Korero)

Destiny, thought Korero, I can almost feel it around him. There's something about this Matoran...maybe I've finally found some history creating itself!

He continued to gaze at Stannis as they walked.

"Every Wahi, and Kini-Nui valley?" he asked. "You must be brave indeed to wander to such places of shade and deception...then again, I suppose it was destiny that led you there, not choice. The wanderer's tread leads to what lies ahead, I suppose..."

Korero continued to walk along happily, his fear forgotten, oblivious to the true import of his words.

Edited by Ghosthands

Ic: "You must be brave indeed to wander to such places of shade and deception," Korero said. "...Then again, I suppose it was destiny that led you there, not choice. The wanderer's tread leads to what lies ahead, I suppose..."

Act natural! Stannis reminded himself. But he suddenly felt conflicted. What was Korero doing? The Pa-Matoran thought about the possibilities. An agent of the Makuta? a scout for the hunters? No. There would be no use in saying those things so straightfrowardly. The enemy was smarter than that. But what else could it have been save a sign from Mata Nui? A messenger, perhaps? A godsend?

Destiny oft worked in mysterious ways and there was no way to know if something was a package from Mata Nui. Takua said the great Spirit was more "heavily invested" in the affair; invested enough to give his chosen Wanderer aid in even the most unlikely ways?

Screw it. "Stop," he commanded. He turned to face Korero. "You said you are a historian?" Korero nodded quickly, energetically. "Where have you been to on Mata Nui so far?"

"Oh, here and there...not much off the beaten track."

Stannis grunted in ponder. "Then you will come with us." Stannis could not feel the same chemistry Korero could feel from Stannis, but the chance that this matoran had a purpose to be in the Wanderer's journey was too great for him to pass up. Stannis would have faith -- after all, he was already given a sign. "One thing to remember, though, Korero: My wanderings have been becoming dangerous as of late. So try and keep up. Are you able and willing?"

IC (Korero) "Yes! Oh, yes!" Korero replied eagerly. "I'll help in any way I can! I'm not much use with a disk or a sword, but sometimes knowledge can be just as powerful a weapon." This was it! This was what he'd been waiting for all his life. Finally, the chance to journey alongside real adventurers and have real adventures. To watch history creating itself. "So...where are we going?" Korero suddenly realised that he had no idea what Stannis' destination was, nor what his current adventure entailed. He'd just signed up for something he had next to no idea about, stepped into the unknown...and it felt good.

Edited by Ghosthands

IC: Vidar & Ronkshou – Ko-Wahi

After about six or seven minutes of walking through the biting, blanched coldness, Vidar’s keen eyesight picked up three small figures in the distance. The falling flakes snow was starting to pick up in speed now. Ronkshou once again tightened his coat, which had loosened from the running. The two servants continued down the path between the mountains that seemed to hold up the sky.

Stannis, Oreius, and the newcomer Korero would soon hear faint, rapid footsteps in the distance behind them.

Meanwhile, three Muaka rampaged down the same path in front of the group, several thousand feet in the distance.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:

Leah was walking along with the Matoran as well, either second behind Reordin or in the middle of the group. But while she kept an eye out like the others, she also tried to play to her natural strengths and abilities. And Le-Matoran had a thing for air. So she did more than look: She felt, trying to make out differences in the air, to see if they were getting close to the exit and to make sure they didn't accidentally miss a turn in case the tunnel split into different paths at some point.

But so far, all the air had gotten was a little colder and a little less stuffy. Leah attributed that to them being on the right path and to being on the move. She slipped into the spot behind Reordin again. "Do you know how long we'll be following this tunnel?" she asked, softly. "And once we get out, where are we supposed to look for our quarry?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Marrak closed his book, and stretched. As much as he enjoyed reading, sitting in one position for extended periods of time became uncomfortable. As he set his book down, he noticed a Toa of Water sitting in the inn. He hesitated for a moment, pondering whether or not to approach her. He was usually researching one thing or another, and subsequently didn't make many friends. It might be good, he thought, to meet some people.

On the other hand, she did appear to have something on her mind, and might not appreciate company. He rapped his fingers on his book as he thought. "Ah, why not." he muttered, rising to his feet. He began walking towards her, book tucked neatly beneath his arm. Bad idea, he thought as he reached the half way point. Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea, "Hello there. Mind if I sit with you?"

IC (Korero)

"To the Massif," Stannis replied, "my home-town."

Korero nodded. He'd heard of that mountain village, but never visited it personally. It wasn't mentioned much in the histories of the island; evidently its inhabitants mostly kept themselves to themselves. Perhaps Stannis was the exception to that -

The Ko-Matoran broke off his train of thought as he noticed three dark specks against the snow, off in the distance. Squinting at them, Korero realised with a start that they were moving - moving in their direction, and gradually getting larger.

"Ummm..." he said. "Stannis...what's that?"

He pointed at the now rapidly advancing specks. It was odd, the way they were moving and their general shape reminded him of -

Muaka.

Edited by Ghosthands

Ooc: Profile for Toa Antrim is up again, since the time to revive him has come.

Ic: Stannis didn't bother stating the obvious: What those creatures were or what to do next. Oreius saw the creatures, too, and the natural course of action was simple:

Run.

The three Matoran ran with all their energy but it was clear they were no match for the beasts at their tail. Muaka were big and powerful, but above all swift and deadly. Their treads were economical enough and served to only make them more quick on the snow, far faster than the bipedal men who trudged with every step. It was only a matter of time until they caught up, but in that time Stannis had space to make a plan and actualize it.

Stannis always had to deal with the constant reminder to "feel, don't think." Though he firmly believed in faith and the power of destiny, he was also a servant leader, and servants must do what they have to. Being a servant leader was about action, and action, Stannis found, usually included thinking about the action. Action without foresight wasn't received well by others, apparently.

Despite Antrim's warnings of thought and dependance on facts, Stannis had spent a lot of time outside of his village and the influence of Antrim. He had become the hero he always wanted, had journeyed to the places he always wanted, led the likes of people he always wanted. Stannis had, for better or for worse, matured on his own accord. So for once, that one time, Stannis put thought before his actions.

He formed a plan based on more than blind faith. While not a Reordinesque strategy based on facts, Stannis put introspection together with his faith. What did he know?

Fact: The Muaka will catch the trio eventually.

Presumption: They were summoned by the hunters.

Fact: Based on the position of the sun and the notable mountain peaks in the area, the Massif was not too far away.

Fact: Rolling downhill will be faster and will put them closer to the Massif and the protection of Lord Antrim.

Ko-Wahi was full of jagged ridges, high peaks, glacial valleys and snowy wastes. The Massif was at the southern side of Ko-Wahi, bordering the Le-Wahi jungles, and all this time the trio had been marching up the mountains to the south. Rolling down would not only put them closer to the Massif, but would also serve as a way to summon Antrim and distance, if not shake off, their trail.

But to jump off relied on more than facts that he knew to be true. It involved faith, faith that they would not be buried, not crushed, not dashed on rocks or a glacier, faith that the plan would even work at all. But death from a fall was preferable to the death they would suffer from the creatures and hunters behind them.

Three... two... one... Jump!

Stannis leaped off a steep slope like a diver. He fell into the embankment with all his weight and slumped into the powder. He tumbled and fell like a bounder, snow spraying all about him as he fell, narrowly avoiding rocky outcroppings. The beginnings of an avalanche rumbled behind him. It would serve to cover his path and possibly even his tracks if and when he reached the bottom in one piece.

He hope his friends followed him, new and old.

Edited by Littlefinger

IC (Korero)

Korero looked down the slope at Stannis as he rolled downwards, starting a small avalanche in his wake. Surely that couldn't be safe - then again, Stannis was an adventurer. He probably didn't worry about safety very often.

As the Ko-Matoran stood on the lip of the slope, hesitating, he head the boom of powerful leaps behind him. Turning his head, he saw to his horror that the first of the Muaka was already upon him. All thoughts of safety fled his mind and he half-jumped, half-fell backwards just as the Muaka pounced. The Matoran landed in soft snow, but the cat-Rahi was not so lucky. It fell onto a rocky outcrop, the jagged and unyielding rock impacting its side. The Muaka roared in pain, near-mortally wounded by the fall and Makuta's hold temporarily broken by the agony.

Korero soon found himself tumbling down the slope. He tucked in his arms and legs to protect them, which had the added side-effect of increasing his speed of descent. He rolled faster and faster, the hard ground beneath the coating of snow buffetting him all over. He gritted his teeth and shut his eyes tight, his body growing numb from the cold and the impacts.