Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Utu Kotore - Ko-Wahi - Secret Passage

I'm watching Echelon walking along in front of me. It seemed he found a way to get my body moving before I woke up again. Whether or not he picked me up with his powers, had somebody else help him, or activated the Mark again, I don't know. I don't care either. He glances at me, a new mask on his face.

Utu gazed up at the falling snow, the bright blue eyes of his seeming to vanish behind the smiling edges of his Olmak-like Garai. Grinning widely, the child Toa thrust his arm fowards, palm and fingers positioned vertically, as though being pressed against a wall. This small action sent the falling snow forwards in a spinning flurry, being flipped about and away from Utu's hand. His smile widened. He was just learning to use his powers, only now gaining control over the element of ice.

There's something to be said about innocence.And although I might not be in the best of positions to be educating others on it, I'm going to try anyways. I've lived a rather diverse life, one full of many different experiences. Despite this diversity, I've always been dancing on a certain half of the spectrum when it comes to acting a certain way or living through certain things. I've recently realized something about all this time I've spent in this world. Of all the years spent (or wasted, depending on how we're looking at things) on this roke hole of an island, and of all the vast experiences; I'm still somehow confined to a certain set of trials.There are, however, exceptions; this memory being one of those that stands out to me the most.I stopped pushing snowflakes behind my village, and quickly snapped my rigid hand back down to my side, poised next to the flaps in my cloak. Still smiling, I turned around, glancing at the buildings of Tu-Koro behind me. After one last view of the snow falling on the mountain range, I turned around, jogging through the snow back towards village limits. I wasn't supposed to stray too far from the safety of my home my father Harrow sternly instructed me. Which didn't make sense.I would much rather have taken my chances out there with the giant cats and frozen wasteland with no supplies and no experience until I died from starvation than live one day in Tu-Koro. This place bred the worst of the worst. People used to talk about Xa-Koro like it was karz itself. They had no idea. Tu-Koro bred hatred, and only hatred. As a child though, without any way to gauge goodness and being unable to compare the village with anything (I hadn't left until I was much much older), I didn't know this. I was unaware.

Reaching the closest hut, I jogged lightly around it, running my hand on the carved ice, reaching into the cracks and imperfections with the awareness my manifesting powers. Sprinking little shards of ice and snow trailing behind my fingers, I rounded the other side, the street coming into view. The only thing that prevented my from getting a perfect look at it was the small stand and two figures that stood next to it. My father's stand, my brother Hakam and my sister Keya.I eagerly approached my siblings, Hakam first, excited to show him my new powers. We were supposed to be watching the stand until Harrow returned. Not the best plan, considering we were a bunch of kids in a village known almost exclusively for the deaths or citizens nearly hourly. But on the other hand, Hakam was looking rather threatening with that knife of his.He always had this stupid look on his face. It was something between a "I'm trying too hard" and a "Despite my degenerate self-destructive moronic tendancies, my parents are still somehow proud of me and that makes me the best". You know the one. It became especially bad when Harrow or my mother Hakoa instructed him to do something or tasked him with some sort of responsibility. I'm still not sure why my parents approved of him. Keya, I assume, shared a similar confusion.

Seriously though, this guy had an IQ level that vegetables in an old-folks home would make fun of.Did you know that mayonaisse has an IQ level? That slop you throw on a sandwich every day before you begin your monotonous day of self-loathing and bitter hatred of the world is smarter than Hakam."Hak-um, watch," I stood next to my big brother, thrusting my arm out sending the snowflakes before me in a flurry. He just looked on, trying to appear threatening. It was a survival thing here. But Hakam bathed in it and worked too hard to live it. I shoved my hand forwards a couple more times. Hakam, of course, gave me a shove. I scowled.I turned to my sister who had her hands on her own knives. Hers, unlike our brother's, were in their sheaths, but out in the open to show others that she meant business. They were both tough; even despite my brother being a stupid #####. Kids had to be tough here in Tu. I hadn't learned that just yet.I would though. As I grew older I would learn to fight, steal, kill, and I would learn to hate. I hated everyone. And I hated everything. All my anger and all my fear would teach me all that. I wanted to kill everyone, and I wanted to kill everything.

And if you didn't meet a single person who even pretended you were worth something until you were thousands of years old, you'd want to kill everyone too."Kee-ya," arm extends, the snow flies, "Kee-ya, watch me," a couple more, and I got an eye roll from my big sister. Mostly because I was making us look less likely to ward off a thief or attacker. She however, didn't push me. She knelt down, coming to my height. The only person to ever show this respect to me before I got a lot bigger."Where is your knife Utu," she started, more a statement than a question. I had lost it when I was outside of the village, experimenting, "You lost it didn't you," Keya finished while patting down my cloak to make sure I hadn't put it anywhere.I stared at her for a moment, taking note of our eyes. They were the same color, a trait we shared with our mother; Satan herself of course. I pushed my hand forwards again, shoving snowflakes into my sister's face.She reached down to her own knife before pulling it out, gripping the blade before placing it into my outstretched hand, "Lose it again and I'll kick your #####," Big Sis, looking out for me as always, "Knives don't grow on trees."I looked down at the blade in my hands. It was heavy, like it wasn't supposed to be there.When you hold a blade, you don't just hold a weapon, or an object to protect yourself from offenders. It can take you many places. With a knife you can divide up supplies, you can take supplies, a life, your own life. You can hurt, enact revenge, and take whatever you want. It's heavy.I looked at Echelon as my robotic shell followed him along.If I was in control, I would've smiled.I had smashed his mask when I slammed him into the ground. And I had survived taking over the body. It was a small victory, but it was a victory still. Thanks to Joske of course. Joske showed me what I could do, even if I hated him for it then, I understand now I should've been grateful. He wanted to help me. Even if it was about proving himself as a hero, or converting me to his ideals and God. Even if he was talking down to me. He gave me some new tools to use. Even if I couldn't use those tools just yet.But eventually, I was going to use those tools he gave me to show Echelon what happens when you try to cage somebody with nothing to lose.

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: RyzenAs Ryzen hit the ground from a light hop from the last stair, he felt free. The first time in a very long time. Free from the world, the village he grew up in, his worst memories, his happy ones, anything. He did not care how he felt about everything, just freedom. Freedom with each step, thought of it. Liberation with every indent in the snow. He had never felt this way before, just now in this moment. Then again, he had changed a lot from the naive Toa that headed from the village weeks ago to the Kini-Nui.Free from the shackles that bound him to the ground that day. That day, defeat and death. Many things happened that day. Ryzen remembered that day, every painful memory with each snowflake that hit his mask, and his face behind it. He remembered, too, along with thoughts of freedom. Mixed feelings, almost. Regret and hope, pain and justice. A thousand emotions at once, hitting him like the cold.Ryzen had his spear in hand, ready for anything, even if that meant capture. He will break free, now that he was off.

IC: The Onu-Toa shook his head slowly, lighting a cigarette and taking a slow draw. He looked toward the late shopkeeper's stand.

Smoky exhale mixed with the icy air.

"In my experience, luck favors the prepared and careful." Seren glanced to Brother, his piercing gaze resting on the Vortixx's face. "If I had a lady friend I'd buy one for her, but I'm a bit short on credits and significant others right now."

Edited by Kaitholas Cage

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: LitozenThe Toa of Ice was starting to grow board. Bidding farewell to Clariax and the rest, he hurried off to the southern exit of Ko-Koro, braving the frozen wasteland once more as he trenched towards the boarder, where plantlife grew wild.OOC: Litozen to Le-Wahi

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC: RyzenRyzen had not idea how far he was from the village. He did not know, and did not care. I'm probably near some of the drifts, but I have no map, and the snow is getting in my face, too thick for me to see clearly. The snow was indeed falling heavier in this area, almost a strong blizzard. All Ryzen could see was white, but he did not feel it. The cold, no, but the snow on him? Yes.I don't know if I should stay here for longer. I don't even know what time is it! I should at least find somewhere to stay, out in the wild. Ryzen suddenly walked into a wall of something. Snow and rock. This must be part of the drifts, which I'll stay around for now. There happened to be a cave nearby, but he decided to ignore it, and come back later.OOC: Just want to add that I'm still open for interaction.

IC (Kaiapo)

Kaiapo was noticeably absent from the meeting with his brothers and sisters. Why? It was quite simple: there was crime to be stopped. Ko-Koro needed a hero.

"Call the guard, there's a bank robbery! Your money is being stolen!"

The cries of panic and anger drew the quiet Toa of Earth to the bank in question, only to watch it collapse in a spray of snow and ice.

The Onu-Toa looked around quickly, squinting against the harsh white of the snow, to see several members of the Sanctum Guard rapidly approaching. Good. Perhaps they could apprehend the culprits of this disaster.

But as for Kaiapo: the Toa of Earth activated his Mask of Growth. His body shimmered slightly as he grew in size, until he was almost twice as tall as a regular Toa, with his already prodigious strength enhanced to the same degree. Ignoring the cold, he began to shovel away the fallen snow with his bare hands, scooping up enormous armfuls of snow and ice and casting them to the side, his intent to rescue anyone trapped inside.

OOC Jin from Onu-Wahi

IC (Jin)

Whee, that Ussal ride had been fun. Not.

I hate crabs, in case you're wondering. They're nasty creatures all around. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and this was one of those times.

The ugly Rahi carried me through Onu-Wahi's tunnels faster than I'd expected, emerging in the frozen wastes of Ko-Wahi in less than an hour. A faint trail marked with red flags pointed out the way to Ko-Koro.

I shivered. True to form, Ko was miserably cold. That's the problem with this stupid island: you're either sweaty or freezing. My guess was Mata Nui was a joker of a god who pranked his people by dividing their home into four wildly different climates. Why, I'll never know.

Tugging on the reins, I urged my Ussal onward, trying not to let the clicking of pincers and claws get to me. Whatever this poet had sent me here for, it had better be worth it, or I'd go back to Onu and shove his quill you-know-where.

A chill wind forced me to hunker down, but there was no way I was stopping. Me and my mount continued our pace and made for Ko-Koro, and whatever chaos awaited us.

IC: RyzenRyzen did not care where he was. So many times I've gotten lost. Maybe I've gotten used to it now, I don't know if I am, he thought with bitter humor. He knew he was obviously in Ko-Wahi, maybe near the drifts, but not exactly where. Oh, whatever, I'll just keep going and see where I'll end up. This will be interesting. Very interesting.

IC:

"Ah," said the Vortixx with a grin, "but the truly prepared is ready for all eventualities, even the most unlikely. I'm sure that, however few credits you possess, that we can strike a deal...or perhaps not." He shrugged. "Luck is ultimately priceless. If that's the case, better hoard up all we can. And you don't need to be a lady to do so."

A few Matoran had taken the body of the dead merchant and were carrying him like a funeral procession. "That man had altogether not enough luck. You work, you work, you work, and the stress kills and kills and kills. All it takes is one little unlucky push and all of a sudden you are dead." The Brother sighed. "If only more people had a little more luck. There would be less death, I think."

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: RyzenStupid...snow. Ryzen didn't mind it, but it was getting hard to move in this area. He had wandered into some knee-deep snow, but he could freeze the snow even more, then shatter it. Ah, well, I honestly don't care. I didn't care about anything in... he thought for a second.let's just say, three weeks. It's interesting to see how one can change this much, especially me. I'm not someone who changes easily. No, many don't. But now? Annoying time, considering how bored I am. Bored! Bored of all this. Free as well. Free of the stupid villages and their stupid rules. I should continue before anything happens, though I'm not even sure of where I will go. Whatever.Ryzen walked through the snow, heading for no place in particular. How I like being a loner. No one to hinder me. Company isn't so bad, but some time alone isn't either.

Edited by Takua Dragonstar7

IC-Iulius:

And Iulius, with his prodigious hearing, had quickly picked up on what had happened as well. His face hardened, even as he shook the others away from their conversations and their naps.

"All of you, there's a robbery currently in progress, a few streets down; the bank building itself has been collapsed. Quada, Valria, you two go and help Kaiapo when you see him, free anybody who is trapped. LoJak, you're going to aid the Sanctum Guard to capture and contain the criminals; Sur, I need you on the side to give medical aid to anybody who may have been hurt. On your feet, now, all of you! We must move quickly!"

With that final command muttered, the Toa of Sonics did a quick about face, running down the street, one arm waving after the others to follow him.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now