Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Windy sounds like the name of a sherif. You should change your name to: _-~=SheriffWindy=~-_

At any rate, I'm not too excited to see Bionicle butchered by the new skeleton build but maybe that's just me.

Hmm, I think if they combine some of the sleekness of the hf build with creative bionicle weapons, builds, and parts, it could work REALLY we'll. but hey that's just me :P

• Upvote 1

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#windy4bzp

Windy sounds like the name of a sherif. You should change your name to: _-~=SheriffWindy=~-_

At any rate, I'm not too excited to see Bionicle butchered by the new skeleton build but maybe that's just me.

Hmm, I think if they combine some of the sleekness of the hf build with creative bionicle weapons, builds, and parts, it could work REALLY we'll. but hey that's just me :P

I only like the 2001-2004 build :/

The new build since 2006 feels cheap Especally HF

Ahh yes, pieces.

The majority of Bionicle parts are discontinued by now, so that's a definite no.

I think they'll use a mixture of HF parts and new parts as well. I for one hope that they would use more technic, not so much so it's just super-complicated (The majority of Bionicle titans), but not so little (most HF sets). Also, have some sort of gear function to make those kind of people happy too  :)

• Upvote 1

sig.jpg

Ahh yes, pieces.

The majority of Bionicle parts are discontinued by now, so that's a definite no.

I think they'll use a mixture of HF parts and new parts as well. I for one hope that they would use more technic, not so much so it's just super-complicated (The majority of Bionicle titans), but not so little (most HF sets). Also, have some sort of gear function to make those kind of people happy too  :)

^This right here is what I want to see.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

ya the hero factory builds make me cringe i would just die if bionicle got those.

I want it super complicated

Where are these false expectations coming from? I fail to see how anyone can believe that any new Bionicle sets that would be made would be created using the old system.

The new system is here to stay. The set designers have said so themselves. There are no plans to get rid of it. Any new Bionicle sets WILL use the HF building system, for it has 100% replaced the one Bionicle used. If we're lucky, it may have some technic integrated, like some HF sets... But I can pretty much guarantee that they will mostly use the HF build system with new parts.

I'd suggest looking up a video called "BIONICLE Autopsy: The Return of BIONICLE and How it Would Be Handled". That may give you some idea into how Lego will handle Bionicle... It's fan speculation, but grounded. Very grounded.

With some facts. And logical thought.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Wow. Whaaaaat?! Totally unexpected, this thing. That would be super awesome if it happened. Man, BIONICLE! Like heck! Wow!

The main problem with my buying the sets is space: my attempt to rebuild all the sets (because I pretty much had them all), which had gradually been deconstructed and thrown into the parts bin, began in '09. So I still have the non-titans from '01 through '03 and sporadic years after that put togethe . But... I don't really have space for them. It's so sad to see all these Bionicle sets thrown in a big red bin. In my family's old house, I did have space to display them all; in fact, I have two of these 3x3 cubby structures, which was just perfect, since there were 18 total "waves" of sets. But now, those are relegated to my closet, with other stuff packed in them. I've had to clear out all the sets, except for year 1 (Toa/Turaga/Tohunga).

That being said, I don't know if I could resist just a few. It's been so long since I've bought BIONICLE. If I ever said I was different person in 2010, at its end, then I was in '01 (which is true, having gone from age 4 to age 12), then that pales in comparison to how different a person I am now, then I was in 2010. Darn, I could actually maybe use BZPower like a sane person! It's not like I've ever really done anything here; discussion of the story had diminished by the time I actually wanted to talk about it. I did painstakingly put every story thing ever in order (shameless plug - see my signature; you can't miss it), and I got halfway through proofreading it last year. So I guess I can't guarantee that '06 through the end is perfect... :P But yeah, that was my contribution to Bionicle, if anyone ever cared. :P

And about the story - since it was so ingrained into me as a child as this happened, cool!, I never had a critical mind for it. For me, so what if Greg's story's were "so-so." I don't know. I just never cared. It was cool, especially when I started delving into the books.

I would hope axles and the ball joint acceptor "hand" things return. I've seen HF and I don't think that's a good look for Bionicle. It's too good. I liked how Bionile looked kind of quirky. The whole "leg-bone connects to the... torso-bone" (and they had this in Bionicle, don't get me wrong) is especially pronounced when I look at Hero Factory sets. I like the Technic method. It reminds me of, you know, Lego.

Do I even have time to do Bionicle and BZPower? I guess we'll see. I have no problem with them bringing it back..

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

ya the hero factory builds make me cringe i would just die if bionicle got those.

Where are these false expectations coming from? I fail to see how anyone can believe that any new Bionicle sets that would be made would be created using the old system.

The new system is here to stay. The set designers have said so themselves. There are no plans to get rid of it. Any new Bionicle sets WILL use the HF building system, for it has 100% replaced the one Bionicle used. If we're lucky, it may have some technic integrated, like some HF sets... But I can pretty much guarantee that they will mostly use the HF build system with new parts.

I'd suggest looking up a video called "BIONICLE Autopsy: The Return of BIONICLE and How it Would Be Handled". That may give you some idea into how Lego will handle Bionicle... It's fan speculation, but grounded. Very grounded.

sig.png

^this. the best we can expect is technic integration along with the hf system, which I'm perfectly fine with. If it's the inika build you people want, it was one of the bigger problems with bionicle's latter years, as it got repetitive. Have the hf sets gotten repetitive? To an extent, I believe so. Will this be the case with bionicle? Maybe not. Lego might use HF as a learning point, and give us some more creative builds than a mundane skeleton that's been the same since 2011 :/

The reason the hf systems seems to get a lot of hard Is because when it boils down to it we only get a handful of new pieces each year and the rest is recolors. if the hf system was to use it's full potential and use a wide variety of new pieces each year, it could be really fun to use. Remember, nostalgia aside, other than weapons and masks there weren't TOO many new pieces in years like 08 and 09, which I believe led to a steady decline in set quality. The bionicle system isn't perfect either :P

Edited by Indigogeek

Tu2d6W7.jpg

And how do you think kids are going to handle that?

They did in 2001 and so did I at the age of 6 it's not all that hard

For you. Now what about everyone else? HF sets were made simplistic for a reason.

Now if this 2015 rumor happens to be true, wouldn't it be aimed at younger audiences? Trust me, the 2001 sets weren't complicated at all. The Skopio, however, would be difficult.

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

sig.png

I have already seen the video. I never said that it would be changed, I simply said that I wanted it the way it was. Why do you think I didn't like "new" Bionicle? I am not the majority as people now clearly have no intrest in the whole technic feel which I so love. FYI I don't count snap on armor action figures with like some spinning weapon a "function". Let me clarify, I know that if there is a new Bionicle, it will use the new system of design. You don't just revert to a 13 year old system. Bionicle and all of lego has lost its element of creativity at least how I prefer it. I don't care about bendable joints when that's ALL it does. I would rather take the limited but superior, in my opinion, 2001 Toa. I honestly prefer the original design. Clearly that is not what most people think. Have more faith in kids abilities to build a model. It's not all that hard so long as you follow the instructions. I did it with the early Bionicles, and so did all of my friends. Back to the original point, I know full well that lego is not going to revert to the Technic style action figures when they currently have the snap in system that's so popular with everyone (save me). I simply "fantisise" that they would. That's why all I buy now (old Bionicles aside) are Technic sets :3

For you. Now what about everyone else? HF sets were made simplistic for a reason.

Now if this 2015 rumor happens to be true, wouldn't it be aimed at younger audiences?

Yea, and this DOES bring up another thing: TV show. Lego has changed a lot since 2010, and moved from the main form of storytelling being comics and books to tv specials and shows. It's almost certain bionicle would get one of these 2, and that brings up the question of wgat that would do to our story? Would bionicle become TOO cheesy?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Now if this 2015 rumor happens to be true, wouldn't it be aimed at younger audiences? Trust me, the 2001 sets weren't complicated at all. The Skopio, however, would be difficult. Not to forget the huge Mata Nui.

They were just as difficult to build as say, Muaka and Kane-Ra at least for me :P I still like it better than new Legos

RKM you do realize that Bionicle in 2001 was targeted for a young audience too right?

Now if this 2015 rumor happens to be true, wouldn't it be aimed at younger audiences? Trust me, the 2001 sets weren't complicated at all. The Skopio, however, would be difficult. Not to forget the huge Mata Nui.

They were just as difficult to build as say, Muaka and Kane-Ra at least for me :P I still like it better than new Legos

Now building the Bahrags were difficult. The 5 year old me had to cram pieces in because I had no idea what I was doing. Or cramming Pohatu and Onua into the Exo-Toa.

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

Have any of you all who like gears and complex builds tried standard Technic sets? Those are super complicated and awesome for those who like that sort of thing. 

Me, I don't care much as long as they have the epic story again. That can happen in a TV show format - Ninjago would be evidence of that. But I'm all for putting in Technic in with HF. Speeda Demon's bike, Evo XL Machine, and Bulk's drill machine show that they can coexist. They can do the TV Show AND the epic story AND the HF building system AND the Technic stuff. The possibilities aren't mutually exclusive. Would any of you all like a HF/Bionicle technic blend? :)

• Upvote 2

Have any of you all who like gears and complex builds tried standard Technic sets? Those are super complicated and awesome for those who like that sort of thing. 

Me, I don't care much as long as they have the epic story again. That can happen in a TV show format - Ninjago would be evidence of that. But I'm all for putting in Technic in with HF. Speeda Demon's bike, Evo XL Machine, and Bulk's drill machine show that they can coexist. They can do the TV Show AND the epic story AND the HF building system AND the Technic stuff. The possibilities aren't mutually exclusive. Would any of you all like a HF/Bionicle technic blend? :)

They're all I buy now save old Bionicles but I have them all now soooo...yeah

Whew. Reading through five days of comments just to make sure I'm not repeating what's already been said. :P

First off, in response to the people who said having mask packs or armor packs are a bad idea due to them not having a playability purpose of their own. Here's the thing, TLG has been releasing accessory packs for a long time. Even after mask packs ended, Bionicle still had ammo packs and the like, and people did buy them. I don't think it's too big of a stretch to say that bringing mask packs back isn't possible. Having collectability in a series is actually a great idea, especially for people who may not be interested in buying sets, but rather in creating a collection of items and trading them. As for armor, that's also a great idea as well. When you build an epic set, play with it for awhile, and get bored with it, you don't necessarily wanna go spend another $15 to buy a whole new set. With an accessory armor pack, you could upgrade your already-owned set and make it even cooler by only spending $5. What kid wouldn't want to do that? Furthermore, it promotes the building aspects of constraction, and while upgrading a set, a kid just might branch out and decide to start making MOCs and the like.

Next up, people who are worried about the use of the old HF design, I think that's unlikely. Let's look at it this way, when Bionicle 'ended' and HF began, the new HF sets had a totally different build. While some pieces were taken from Bionicle, the majority of the build design was new. Who's to say TLG wouldn't do this again, and create yet another brand new build design, not being the old Bionicle design nor HF, but something entirely new? As for compatibility, you'll still (probably), be able to use standard ball joints, pins, axels and such. And creative MOCists will find ways of using the old stuff with the new, just like they have in the past; that's the foundation of building with Legos, the ability to find new and creative ways to get things to look awesome.

Lastly, as for when the line comes out, I'm on the fence personally. Here's my reasoning for both the winter and summer releases.

-Winter (Dec 2014/Jan 2015)

This would make sense in a marketing viewpoint. We haven't heard any news of Winter HF sets, which likely means there won't be any. Why would Lego have such a strange gap without a constraction line? That's losing out on making money during a key point in the year (right before and after Christmas). It would be rather foolish not to have some sort of constraction line during that time. 

-Summer (June/July 2015)

If Lego wanted to do a soft test to see how the fans react to the line, having just a single wave during the year would be a good idea. If people reacted badly to it, they could still come back with a winter 2015/2016 wave of a new line to make money during the holiday season and make up for losses. If it does go well, this gap between 2014/2015 would give them time to get more people involved in this (This would only be true if it were a recent decision, if not, they've had plenty of time to gather together people beforehand and this arguement is invalid).

And on that note, I have to say, while I am excited about the chance of Bionicle's return, just in these past few days, I've been going back and reconstructing some of my Bionicle sets, that alone has been a great experience for me.

Oh, and one more thing. Omega Tahu ftw. It's definitely twinkling in the corner of my eye. ;)

Edited by joev14

Agreed, if bionicle were to return Lego would have difficulty selling it with the current constraction skeletons. Although there are some *cough cough* the chir brothers *cough cough* who like the current building system, it seems that the majority of the lego constraction community (myself included) find the current system repetetive, uncreative, and overall frustrating to work with. In the event of a bionicle reboot, lego will need to change the current system if they want to attract any decent sales.

• Upvote 1

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

Agreed, if bionicle were to return Lego would have difficulty selling it with the current constraction skeletons. Although there are some *cough cough* the chir brothers *cough cough* who like the current building system, it seems that the majority of the lego constraction community (myself included) find the current system repetetive, uncreative, and overall frustrating to work with. In the event of a bionicle reboot, lego will need to change the current system if they want to attract any decent sales.

Considering HF has managed decent sales, and the set designers are adamant about sticking with the new system, I doubt it's going anywhere. I personally don't mind it, and in fact, most of the constraction community I've seen has embraced it, especially the big MOCists. Now, what I would like to see is more connection points; the current system is almost always "snap at ball joints and add shells" and I want them to start mixing it up more.

• Upvote 2

Considering HF has managed decent sales, and the set designers are adamant about sticking with the new system, I doubt it's going anywhere. I personally don't mind it, and in fact, most of the constraction community I've seen has embraced it, especially the big MOCists. Now, what I would like to see is more connection points; the current system is almost always "snap at ball joints and add shells" and I want them to start mixing it up more.

As I stated in a previous post, HF has managed average to slightly below average sales. Themes that have these kind of sales don't last very long, which was why I was surprised Lego kept HF around as long as they did. Obviously, if lego has decided to replace HF they probably want to try and fix whatever problems that caused the massive sales drop after Bionicle ended and HF started. This means that Lego is probably (if they're smart) going to take a look at everything they tried differently with HF and try and figure out what the most hated change was. So far the 2 biggest complaints I've seem in the constraction community about HF are the story (or lack thereof) and the building system. Lego will need to change this if they want to improve the status quo. Bringing back Bionicle but keeping the aspects of HF that people hate will only cause a brief sales boost from nostalgic fans, before the sales revert back to normal. If Lego wants the fans to keep buying, they need to make something that appeals to the majority of them.

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

As I stated in a previous post, HF has managed average to slightly below average sales. Themes that have these kind of sales don't last very long, which was why I was surprised Lego kept HF around as long as they did. Obviously, if lego has decided to replace HF they probably want to try and fix whatever problems that caused the massive sales drop after Bionicle ended and HF started. This means that Lego is probably (if they're smart) going to take a look at everything they tried differently with HF and try and figure out what the most hated change was. So far the 2 biggest complaints I've seem in the constraction community about HF are the story (or lack thereof) and the building system. Lego will need to change this if they want to improve the status quo. Bringing back Bionicle but keeping the aspects of HF that people hate will only cause a brief sales boost from nostalgic fans, before the sales revert back to normal. If Lego wants the fans to keep buying, they need to make something that appeals to the majority of them.

May I ask your sources on the claims you're making here? Specifically, that:

• HF has managed average to slightly below average sales
  • the HF building system is one of the biggest complaints in the entire constraction community

the first I just want to see a source on, because people keep throwing around general terms on how HF is selling ranging from "it's selling poorly" to "it's selling great" and I want some specifics. The second, though, contradicts what I've seen, especially as far as the MOCing community goes. The only time I see complaints about the building system, it's always in topics like, "this is why hf sucks so much" which is essentially the most biased place to judge a community's opinion on Her Factory. I'd appreciate some specifics on that rather than just saying "everyone hates it".

I highly doubt the target audience hates it, though; it's been around for almost four years now. If kids hated it, it would be gone already.

The story part you'll hear no complaints from me on, though. I've hated the story since I first learned it had a central message about creating heroes, which started the chain of questionable morals.

the first I just want to see a source on, because people keep throwing around general terms on how HF is selling ranging from "it's selling poorly" to "it's selling great" and I want some specifics.

We never get any actual sales figures, which is frustrating. We can only go on Lego's occasional statements, which often lack important details. For instance, the '05 report says Bionicle's "sales did not live up to expectations". What were those expectations? By how far did the line fail to reach them?

the first I just want to see a source on, because people keep throwing around general terms on how HF is selling ranging from "it's selling poorly" to "it's selling great" and I want some specifics.

We never get any actual sales figures, which is frustrating. We can only go on Lego's occasional statements, which often lack important details. For instance, the '05 report says Bionicle's "sales did not live up to expectations". What were those expectations? By how far did the line fail to reach them?

Yeah, I read all annual reports from 2001-present, here's what they mention

2001: A sharp increase in sales was partially the work of BIONICLE

2002: BIONICLE sales remained high, it was the best-selling theme of the year.

2003: BIONICLE sales fell about 20%, but it was still LEGO's best-selling theme.

2004: BIONICLE was the best-selling product again, no info about sales.

2005: like you said, sales did not live up to expectations, however it was still the best-selling theme.

2006: BIONICLE isn't mentioned.

2007:BIONICLE was one of LEGO's best sellers, however it did not show any growth. 

2008/2009/2010: BIONICLE isn't mentioned again.

As for Hero Factory...

2010: A growth in sales was partially due to Hero Factory.

2011/2012/2013: no mention 

very vague information...

sig.jpg

Small and mid-size BIONICLE sets were never "super complicated". Plenty of small $9 or $10 Hero Factory sets are more complex than the Toa Mata or Toa Nuva ever were.

In any case, we already know that next year's new constraction theme, whether it's BIONICLE or something else entirely, is going to use the CCBS. Which is good, because there's no sense going back to an obsolete building system that depends on chunky, highly specialized gearboxes when even the designers who CREATED those sorts of parts moved on four years ago.

Im with you all the way  :D  :P

Banner.jpg

A TV show, huh? Bionicle was never episodic. The side stories were, but in the main story, books and comics, it was something like "fight for a whole day, pass out for like a week, fight for another whole day, go underground, accomplish the year's task." A TV show would require a different take on Bionicle, plus it would leave much less room for artistic license and references. I always thought the books were just perfect for Bionicle.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

A TV show, huh? Bionicle was never episodic. The side stories were, but in the main story, books and comics, it was something like "fight for a whole day, pass out for like a week, fight for another whole day, go underground, accomplish the year's task." A TV show would require a different take on Bionicle, plus it would leave much less room for artistic license and references. I always thought the books were just perfect for Bionicle.

I feel the opposite. I think a TV show would've been a great way to tell the story, because the format provides the space to fully cover the large cast and numerous events that most Bionicle years contained. Books - whilst certainly not a bad storytelling format in themselves - obviously can't provide the visual and musical brilliance that made early Bionicle so appealing.

I also have something of a grudge relating to the books, that being that they weren't available outside North America, so I and many others missed a huge chunk of the storyline.

I'd probably prefer a TV show over the old story format, to be honest, just because looking at LEGO Ninjago's storyline, the TV format allows for more character development. The characters can learn a valuable lesson every episode, not just every year, and it's not always the same repetitive "teamwork" spiel that characterized so many BIONICLE lessons for the first few years. That's not to say that books and comics can't tell a good story, but I think an episodic TV format offers lots of storytelling opportunities that they didn't, with little loss in overall storytelling quality. Not to mention it could potentially do a lot to expand BIONICLE's audience.

I see that most of you do not understand my interpretation of complicated. I do not count the amount of snap on armor or wings complicated because they require the user to manually flap them up and down. I count turning a gear and having that moving gear do something. This is a flaw that Bionicle suffered through alot in the later years. No, I do not count one big functional set per year as enough. Look back at, say, 2003 (for a change) and tell me: did any set that year not do something? Compare that to 2008. Novelty spinning shields aside, did any set that year have a real Technic function? Better yet, look at HeroFactory 2010. The main sets were like 12 pieces, costed 12 dollars, and worst of all, did absolutely nothing. Not to mention the bigger sets of the year... My point is Lego has abandoned the technic feel of sets (if you want proof, get a canister and look at the Technic logo from 2001) After Bionicle, well, split from Technic, slowly but surely the functions declined. There was once a time when a set wasn't just an action figure. Not to mention my HATRED for the friggen bags. What, is Lego too cheap to get boxes?!? GRRRRRRRR!!!! :(

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 2

I would not like to see bionicle have a TV show. I have a feeling they would turn out like the ledgend reborn. :( They would be to cheesy and there wouldn't be any good action. thats just me though

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Just fine. As PrismWind said, it'll work out for them. If they need any help with a set of the approximate complexity of, say, Cahdok and Gahdok, then their parents can help them out. Then they'll play the heck out of them.

Seriously. They might not need any more help with them; I often get the feeling that the average six or seven year old is much smarter than Lego and most BZPower members give them credit for.

sig.png

It is true that the basic structure of the Hero Factory building system will be staying for at least the first wave of Bionicle's reboot; a constraction set designer on Eurobricks by the username of Front has publicly said as much. However, this doesn't guarantee that there won't be a higher prevalence of technic elements and complexity in the new sets. It's been shown in the past that it's definitely possible to build figures that have unique designs and carry original motifs with the current building system- just look here and here. A reboot of Bionicle would likely introduce some new pieces with it that are much better suited to it's trademark style, calling back to it's original run. Even though they probably won't be the exact same pieces, i'd be surprised if we didn't get some similar pieces with the launch of the reboot.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

I'd probably prefer a TV show over the old story format, to be honest, just because looking at LEGO Ninjago's storyline, the TV format allows for more character development. The characters can learn a valuable lesson every episode, not just every year, and it's not always the same repetitive "teamwork" spiel that characterized so many BIONICLE lessons for the first few years. That's not to say that books and comics can't tell a good story, but I think an episodic TV format offers lots of storytelling opportunities that they didn't, with little loss in overall storytelling quality. Not to mention it could potentially do a lot to expand BIONICLE's audience.

We could always have books on top of that as well. Or a movie. I really think that whatever LEGO would choose. it would be a very careful decision.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Just fine. As PrismWind said, it'll work out for them. If they need any help with a set of the approximate complexity of, say, Cahdok and Gahdok, then their parents can help them out. Then they'll play the heck out of them.

Seriously. They might not; I often get the feeling that the average six or seven year old is much smarter than Lego and most BZPower members give them credit for.

For real! I did stuff like Cahdok and gahdok when I was 6 just fine! , I built them myself. So long as you follow the instructions, its not that hard!

I see that most of you do not understand my interpretation of complicated. I do not count the amount of snap on armor or wings complicated because they require the user to manually flap them up and down. I count turning a gear and having that moving gear do something. This is a flaw that Bionicle suffered through alot in the later years. No, I do not count one big functional set per year as enough. Look back at, say, 2003 (for a change) and tell me: did any set that year not do something? Compare that to 2008. Novelty spinning shields aside, did any set that year have a real Technic function? Better yet, look at HeroFactory 2010. The main sets were like 12 pieces, costed 12 dollars, and worst of all, did absolutely nothing. Not to mention the bigger sets of the year... My point is Lego has abandoned the technic feel of sets (if you want proof, get a canister and look at the Technic logo from 2001) After Bionicle, well, split from Technic, slowly but surely the functions declined. There was once a time when a set wasn't just an action figure. Not to mention my HATRED for the friggen bags. What, is Lego too cheap to get boxes?!? GRRRRRRRR!!!! :(

First off, Icarax had kind of a function with the blades in his arm. You turn the gear at the top and it connects to some more gears that spin. I was a bit glad to see that, actually.

Second off, I would like to see canisters again. I like how the bags make things smaller than a canister and easier to carry than a box, but canisters always had a cool aesthetic to them that really, only BIONICLE had. (Yeah, knights kingdom had them, but they eventually went to metal ones that I feel like would rust, and hf had them for the first couple of years, but BIONICLE put them in the storyline. More than hf did at least)

new_sig_legacy_2.png