Mata Nui Collectors Edition! Yay!

Fry

Okay, first off I'd like to clear one thing up; Artakha's Nephew's post should be completely disregarded. He hasn't been with us for very long, and was thus not aware of what has been going on with MNOLG: CE at all. He is mistaken in his post, and I apologize for the confusion caused because of it.

We do not plan to participate in illegal activities, and never have planned to do so. We will not be canceling MNOLG: CE. We also do not plan to make a profit on MNOLG: CE. As you know, the bundle is set to include a 3D printed and dyed MNOLG-style Pakari and Takua's backpack, along with a CD and CD case with printed MNOLG: CE graphics. The disc will NOT contain the game itself; It will be available to download for free on SolisMagna.com, and can be burned to the included disc. The cost to purchase the MNOLG: CE bundle will be equal to the cost required for us to produce it; there will be no profit left over for us. This is not about profit; it's about making a high quality, fan-made remastered version of the most beloved BIONICLE online game of all time. 

MNOLG: CE is based off the original game files of the Mata Nui Online Game, but with many changed aspects. A large majority of the image assets used for scenes and characters is not of the best quality (i.e. the beach in the very first scene). In MNOLG: CE, we replace these low quality images with remastered, high quality SVG images that will look perfect on any screen size. The beach is one image among a plethora of lower quality images throughout the original game, such as the sky in many scenes and a select few Matoran. Other aspects of the game are being improved as well, and will be revealed in the coming months. 

In no way does MNOLG: CE claim to be official, or officially endorsed by LEGO or Templar Studios. Some people mentioned that they think we are trying to fly under the radar of LEGO with this. That is not true. We've been trying to publicize it quite a bit recently. It's no secret that we're doing this, and we certainly don't have any intention of keeping it from LEGO. Post about MNOLG: CE all you want on BZP. We are grateful to those who spread the word. Think of it as something similar to MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms, but with an included disc and case styled to look like something LEGO might have released. In the end, we make no profit from this. Generating community interest is enough for us, and the beauty of projects like these is that they are not in violation of the law. Once again, case in point, MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms.

I hope this clears up most of the confusion and questions arising from the topic and its replies, but if not, feel free to ask any other questions about the MNOLG: CE project.

• Upvote 12
Bliss.png

Okay, first off I'd like to clear one thing up; Artakha's Nephew's post should be completely disregarded. He hasn't been with us for very long, and was thus not aware of what has been going on with MNOLG: CE at all. He is mistaken in his post, and I apologize for the confusion caused because of it.

We do not plan to participate in illegal activities, and never have planned to do so. We will not be canceling MNOLG: CE. We also do not plan to make a profit on MNOLG: CE. As you know, the bundle is set to include a 3D printed and dyed MNOLG-style Pakari and Takua's backpack, along with a CD and CD case with printed MNOLG: CE graphics. The disc will NOT contain the game itself; It will be available to download for free on SolisMagna.com, and can be burned to the included disc. The cost to purchase the MNOLG: CE bundle will be equal to the cost required for us to produce it; there will be no profit left over for us. This is not about profit; it's about making a high quality, fan-made remastered version of the most beloved BIONICLE online game of all time.

MNOLG: CE is based off the original game files of the Mata Nui Online Game, but with many changed aspects. A large majority of the image assets used for scenes and characters is not of the best quality (i.e. the beach in the very first scene). In MNOLG: CE, we replace these low quality images with remastered, high quality SVG images that will look perfect on any screen size. The beach is one image among a plethora of lower quality images throughout the original game, such as the sky in many scenes and a select few Matoran. Other aspects of the game are being improved as well, and will be revealed in the coming months.

In no way does MNOLG: CE claim to be official, or officially endorsed by LEGO or Templar Studios. Some people mentioned that they think we are trying to fly under the radar of LEGO with this. That is not true. We've been trying to publicize it quite a bit recently. It's no secret that we're doing this, and we certainly don't have any intention of keeping it from LEGO. Post about MNOLG: CE all you want on BZP. We are grateful to those who spread the word. Think of it as something similar to MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms, but with an included disc and case styled to look like something LEGO might have released. In the end, we make no profit from this. Generating community interest is enough for us, and the beauty of projects like these is that they are not in violation of the law. Once again, case in point, MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms.

I hope this clears up most of the confusion and questions arising from the topic and its replies, but if not, feel free to ask any other questions about the MNOLG: CE project.

What? So was Arthaka's Nephew like trolling or something?

Any plans on when you'll start selling the bundle? That MNOLG style Pakari and Takua' backpack sound really interesting.

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

OMG *faints* This sounds huge! I had no idea this was going on. I need to get it as soon as it launches.

• Upvote 1

banner1.png

Well, then! Things have been nicely cleared up and I thank you for it. Hopefully the earlier confused frenzy will serve to brew hype and bring the project to the attention of others!

• Upvote 2

morekake.jpg

What? So was Arthaka's Nephew like trolling or something?

No, he just made a mistake.

Well, with all this legality mess cleared up, this sounds like a fantastic project. Can't wait to see it.

• Upvote 2

2xu8Ptu.png

If the MNOLG: CE interests you, be sure to check out http://forums.solismagna.com/ for more news and discussion on the project!

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

I personally am looking forward to a complete edition of that Glatorian battle game from 2009, with all 12 characters, HD graphics and controls that don't suck.

-MT

I hope this discussion doesn't go into off-topic, but if there was going to be a remake of Glatorian Arena I think Certavus should be a hidden playable character. 

If the MNOLG: CE interests you, be sure to check out forums.solismagna.com for more news and discussion on the project!

Congratulations. You linked right back to this thread.

That's weird. The Bbcode for hyperlinking seems to not be working.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

If the MNOLG: CE interests you, be sure to check out forums.solismagna.com for more news and discussion on the project!

Congratulations. You linked right back to this thread.

That's weird. The Bbcode for hyperlinking seems to not be working.

yeah solid magma doesn't work either you can't click the read more button.

Well, solid magma would be rock, which doesn't have any sort of special importance on the site. Solis Magna, maybe?

In all seriousness, XONAR and the rest of the staff are still fixing a number of bugs that make the still-unfinished home page of the site a bit tricky to use. Until then, our forums, as mentioned previously by both Collector and myself, is the place to enter our community!

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 2

AAZZ.jpg

feel free to ask any other questions about the MNOLG: CE project.

This is an extremely ambitious project, but there's no doubting the finished product you have envisioned is highly impressive.

When it comes to MNOLG I'm absurdly purist, and to be honest I believe I will always choose the original over anything else; pixelated skyline and all. I even like to call the game by its original, somewhat confusing name, Mata Nui, but I try not to too much. After all, there are already two things named Mata Nui to keep track of!

But regardless of all of that I really do think that this is a fascinating endeavor and I definitely would love to see how it all comes out. The packaging mockup on the Spherus Magna site looks wonderful, what with the careful details such as Takua's descent on the case's spine and the Mangaia portal's opening aligned with the hole at the center of the disc. But more importantly, the new art for the beach and sky look excellent and mesh wonderfully with the aesthetic Templar adopted as the game went on. Even if I might prefer the original just for being the original, I can't deny that your improved version of the beach is great and makes me want to see more.

As far as questions, I would certainly be interested to hear how this concept is coming along in development. Is there any more info you can share at this time?

If you want to include, like, a bonus feature focusing on the development of MNOLG with the disc, I could totally create something like that. :P

• Upvote 3

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

If there's anything at all you can do to remaster the music, that'd be awesome... I do know there are some WAV music files on one of the CDs.

That's certainly something we plan to try to do. :)

do you have to buy the game?

If you want to just play the game, it will be available to download on SM.com for free. However, there will be a bundle available that includes a disc and case, and a 3D printed MNOLG-Style Kanohi Pakari and Takua's backpack. 

By the way, here's a look at the said Pakari:

10348766_10203582827917003_9010032209841

(It will come in light blue. :P)

feel free to ask any other questions about the MNOLG: CE project.

This is an extremely ambitious project, but there's no doubting the finished product you have envisioned is highly impressive.

When it comes to MNOLG I'm absurdly purist, and to be honest I believe I will always choose the original over anything else; pixelated skyline and all. I even like to call the game by its original, somewhat confusing name, Mata Nui, but I try not to too much. After all, there are already two things named Mata Nui to keep track of!

But regardless of all of that I really do think that this is a fascinating endeavor and I definitely would love to see how it all comes out. The packaging mockup on the Spherus Magna site looks wonderful, what with the careful details such as Takua's descent on the case's spine and the Mangaia portal's opening aligned with the hole at the center of the disc. But more importantly, the new art for the beach and sky look excellent and mesh wonderfully with the aesthetic Templar adopted as the game went on. Even if I might prefer the original just for being the original, I can't deny that your improved version of the beach is great and makes me want to see more.

As far as questions, I would certainly be interested to hear how this concept is coming along in development. Is there any more info you can share at this time?

If you want to include, like, a bonus feature focusing on the development of MNOLG with the disc, I could totally create something like that. :P

Believe it or not, I'll always prefer the original as well. lol This is simply a tribute to the original MNOLG, and we are indeed trying to stay within Templar's style. There's two distinct graphic styles in MNOLG, from the early and later development stages. Scenes and Matoran that were created in earlier stages of the development used a few real life textures and images, and incorporated them into the drawn scenery. (i.e.The beach) These images don't really scale well on larger screens. The Matoran from the earlier development stage, such as all the Ga-Matoran, also have a much lower level of detail than the later-stage Matoran, such as Midak, for example. With MNOLG: CE, we are basically unifying MNOLG under the later (and perhaps superior) art style. We're currently still working on the beach and Ga-Koro, but after that there actually isn't too much else to fix, except Ta-Koro. Several navigation and menu elements will be updated as well. 

A bonus feature about the development of MNOLG would be fantastic, and totally in line with the whole idea of this being a tribute to MNOLG. If you would be willing to create one, that would be awesome! :D

Now the question is: Can you switch between the original and the remastered version as in Halo: the Master Chief Collection?

That's a really great idea. I'm honestly not quite sure how hard that would be to accomplish with MNOLG, but we'll absolutely look into it, and credit you for the idea if we do end up pulling it off. :P Thanks!

Bliss.png

A bonus feature about the development of MNOLG would be fantastic, and totally in line with the whole idea of this being a tribute to MNOLG. If you would be willing to create one, that would be awesome! :D

Oh, neat! Count me in and sign me up. :D I'll shoot you a PM once I've had a little time to conceptualize a way to execute the idea.

• Upvote 3

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

That Pakari looks awesome, who modeled it?

Definitely buying this when it's available.

Oh sorry, forgot to say above that Vrahno modeled it. He certainly did an amazing job with it. 

Can someone inform me what exectly this project is?

Bliss.png

You could just as well read the thread.

It's a remaster of MNOLG that I know, but... What exactly is remastered? The music apparently  is , but are the graphics, is there additional content in the game?

I'm back!

You could just as well read the thread.

It's a remaster of MNOLG that I know, but... What exactly is remastered? The music apparently  is , but are the graphics, is there additional content in the game?

Certain graphics will be, such as the pixelated beach and sky, to name two of many examples. Other graphics are already SVG images, and scale perfectly, so they don't need to be remastered. For the most part, we will not be adding additional content into gameplay, since this is only intended to be a remaster of the original, and not a remake. 

• Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Will the game be in played in its orginal progress to play mode, or its later choose a chapter mode? Maybe an option?

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Okay good thing I seen Xonar post before I said something about this.

Anyway this sound great and I would love to have that MNOLG-Style Kanohi Pakari and Takua's backpack, by the way what will the backpack look like and how it going to be connected to the 2001 Matoran body?  

It would be awesome to see the fan made MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms part of it (just saying).

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Will you be referring to the Matoran by their original names, or by their "Naming Day" names? For instance, will you go with "Jala" or "Jaller"?

Original names for sure. :) 

Will the game be in played in its orginal progress to play mode, or its later choose a chapter mode? Maybe an option?

I'm actually not sure yet... making it an option would certainly be feasible. I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Anyway this sound great and I would love to have that MNOLG-Style Kanohi Pakari and Takua's backpack, by the way what will the backpack look like and how it going to be connected to the 2001 Matoran body?  

It would be awesome to see the fan made MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms part of it (just saying).

The backpack is still in the design phase, so we're actually not entirely sure what the backpack will look like yet, or how exactly it will attach to the McToran torso. :P It shouldn't be too much longer before we can print an initial prototype, however. 

As for that last part, it's actually a cool idea, and we'd have to talk to Nuparu77, but that would perhaps be suited better for a theoretical different release, and not what we're working on at the moment. 

Bliss.png

Will you be referring to the Matoran by their original names, or by their "Naming Day" names? For instance, will you go with "Jala" or "Jaller"?

Original names for sure. :)

I'm actually not sure yet... making it an option would certainly be feasible. I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Anyway this sound great and I would love to have that MNOLG-Style Kanohi Pakari and Takua's backpack, by the way what will the backpack look like and how it going to be connected to the 2001 Matoran body?

The backpack is still in the design phase, so we're actually not entirely sure what the backpack will look like yet, or how exactly it will attach to the McToran torso. :P It shouldn't be too much longer before we can print an initial prototype, however.

As for that last part, it's actually a cool idea, and we'd have to talk to Nuparu77, but that would perhaps be suited better for a theoretical different release, and not what we're working on at the moment.

I help on MNOG:TBS frequently. I'm not really sure what the question is. Care to elaborate? :P

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Xonar explain the hole thing on this post

Ah, that clears things up, thanks :) I'll have to talk to Nuparu, but yea who knows? Maybe in the future we could talk to them about adding MNOG: TBS (this is me just talking openly, take it with a grain of salt :P) Edited by Indigogeek

Tu2d6W7.jpg