Short Stories Critics Club

Velox

Here it is:SSC #9 Entry: I Will Return - Lord of the RingsHope I did the format the right way...Thanks very much!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

I...think I fixed it. Not quite sure. That was a really odd thing with all the colors and what-not.EDIT: Hey, I did. And Zarayna didn't. I feel so proud of myself. :lol: Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Here it is:SSC #9 Entry: I Will Return - Lord of the RingsHope I did the format the right way...Thanks very much!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

I...think I fixed it. Not quite sure. That was a really odd thing with all the colors and what-not.EDIT: Hey, I did. And Zarayna didn't. I feel so proud of myself. :lol:
Thanks to both, I'm not so practical with those formats!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

I...think I fixed it. Not quite sure. That was a really odd thing with all the colors and what-not.EDIT: Hey, I did. And Zarayna didn't. I feel so proud of myself. :lol:
Thanks to both, I'm not so practical with those formats!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth
The new forum style trips me up sometimes too. For a while I had to switch back to all BBCode to do links, but I figured out how to do that with the regular forum.I don't know how I'll teach you, though. I don't really even know my own process. .-.

profiles i guess

And I have reviewed Oasis. With that we are accepting requests again. I'll take the two that were already posted here, since I never updated the main post saying we weren't taking requests, so that means three more requests until we stop allowing them again. Also, there will probably be some slight changes in the way things work in the near future, but I'll announce that later on if things actually happen.(Also, I realize I have not replied to two critics [one a potential critic] who have PMed me...apologies for that, I will try to respond tomorrow)newso1.png

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

sscclist.png

I Will Return by Lord of the Rings -- Assigned to JinklemeisterReinforcements by Despair -- Assigned to Tyler Durden

Blood on the Sand by Lord Darkon -- Assigned to ZaxvoKingdoms by Click -- Assigned to TheMightyFighty (now some other name which I shall look up later =P)

I swear there were five stories, so if I missed one let me know -- otherwise, we will accept one more request, and I will review it. Also, I would like to announce the newest critic: Jinklemeister. I'm sure he'll do great. newso1.png

I might need an extra day or two to finish my review: I have a killer biology packet (around 285 multiple choice questions alone) I've been working on since Monday, so I'm focusing on finishing that up.Thanks in advance and sorry to Despair for the inconvenience.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Yeah, sorry everyone...I haven't been on the computer much because of the Easter Triduum, Easter itself, and now I'm on vacation. I'll try to get my reviews up soon (I'm also taking Tolkien's from last time, as he's taking a short hiatus). I'll let in more requests once at least a couple more of these are reviewed. Sorry again, and thank you everyone for your patience. newso1.png

Alrighty, I've finished my two reviews, and Jinklemeister and Shawn Spencer have been PMed; I will take their stories if they do not reply soon.So with that: We are now accepting five (5) more requests!Sorry again for the delay, everyone. newso1.png

Alrighty, I've finished my two reviews, and Jinklemeister and Shawn Spencer have been PMed; I will take their stories if they do not reply soon.So with that: We are now accepting five (5) more requests!Sorry again for the delay, everyone. newso1.png

Why thank you, kind sir.This is twice I've had the person in charge of the respective critic club critique my writing. How odd.

profiles i guess

ATTENTION CRITICS AND CUSTOMERS

Starting today there's going to be a change in how things are done. From now on, there is no "five requests at a time rule." There is no "List" -- or at least not in the way it was used before. Instead, there is no request limit. From this point on, as soon as a request comes in, I will be assigning it to a critic by both posting here and PMing said critic. Critics will then have one week, as usual, to complete their assigned story. I will simply rotate through the list. However, if every critic currently active already has a story assigned to them, we will stop accepting requests until a critic has completed their review. As such, every time I post an assignment, I will include whether or not we are still accepting requests, so keep checking my recent posts.

What does this mean for customers?

Not much, except that we should be able to accept more things more quickly. All you have to do is, as I said, check a recent post of mine to see if we are currently accepting requests and then read the front page like always and use the proper format when requesting.

For those two requests we have currently, I will be taking on and Cederak will be taking the other; from here on out new requests will follow the new system.

All critics will be receiving a PM shortly, so if you do not receive a PM, please PM me.

Also, I would like to announce that Cederak will be joining me as Co-Curator (who has excellently run the ECC, is a great critic, and has helped me with this new system).

newso1.pngSSCC Curator

Edited by Velox

That and "I Will Return" have been assigned to critics who unfortunately became inactive without any warning. I'm giving them a couple days to respond and if they don't, then either myself or someone else will review them. =] Sorry for the delay, and I appreciate your patience.newso1.png

That and "I Will Return" have been assigned to critics who unfortunately became inactive without any warning. I'm giving them a couple days to respond and if they don't, then either myself or someone else will review them. =] Sorry for the delay, and I appreciate your patience.newso1.png

I was born patient, so thanks for the efforts anyways!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

My first Hero Factory SS, though certainly not my first SS. I don't want to be picky, but a reviewer will get more out of this if they follow Hero Factory. Naturally. XDSundown - Lord Ghirahim (AKA Angel Bob)

Edited by Lord Ghirahim
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison