OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Do you guys think that stores might start clearancing Hero Factory sets for the holiday season to make space for the new Bionicles?

Awh man I sure hope this does happen! If I see any discounts Lego constraction figures using CCBS, ill sure as heck by the whole self. For the sole purpose of getting new pieces to build mocs of old Bionicle characters but recreated in CCBS! :D

OMG I cant wait!

Edited by AdaptingChaos

Bionicle.com is down for me. I get an error 503, which is "temporary overloading" or "maintenance to the server"

Looks like Bionicle.com is getting an update, probably a small one, though. Although I hope for an animation, but that's like a million to one though.

UPDATE!: On the cached website, the characters bios don't load, instead it comes up with everything but the characters image or the bio. I'm guessing their tidying the bios since they were very messy...

UPDATE 2!: Now it directs to a Cannot be found LEGO page. Lego is doing something behind those curtains...

UPDATE 3!: The regular version of the site works now, but the character bios don't appear anymore...

Edited by ~ Toa Of Shadows ~

Click me to see my Youtube Channel!
:t:  :m_o:  :a:   :m_o:  :f:   :s:  :h:  :a:  :m_d:  :m_o:  :w:  :s:

Bionicle.com is down for me. I get an error 503, which is "temporary overloading" or "maintenance to the server"

Looks like Bionicle.com is getting an update, probably a small one, though. Although I hope for an animation, but that's like a million to one though.

UPDATE!: On the cached website, the characters bios don't load, instead it comes up with everything but the characters image or the bio. I'm guessing their tidying the bios since they were very messy...

UPDATE 2!: Now it directs to a Cannot be found LEGO page. Lego is doing something behind those curtains...

UPDATE 3!: The regular version of the site works now, but the character bios don't appear anymore...

Same with me. I just see the pictures and no text. 

I guess this means that they're updating, but I could be wrong. 

bZpOwEr

Looks like Bionicle.com is getting an update, probably a small one, though. Although I hope for an animation, but that's like a million to one though.UPDATE!: On the cached website, the characters bios don't load, instead it comes up with everything but the characters image or the bio. I'm guessing their tidying the bios since they were very messy...UPDATE 2!: Now it directs to a Cannot be found LEGO page. Lego is doing something behind those curtains...UPDATE 3!: The regular version of the site works now, but the character bios don't appear anymore...

Same with me. I just see the pictures and no text. 

I guess this means that they're updating, but I could be wrong.

And we got nothing. :/

Do you guys think that stores might start clearancing Hero Factory sets for the holiday season to make space for the new Bionicles?

*Licks lips*

I smell a discount. 

I got Queen beast 58 % off, so I have already tasted that discount. 

where? All the sets at my TRU are 110% retail price.

At distant and cold place known as Finland.

The Bios show up fline flor me.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Do you guys think the whole "Unity, Duty, Destiny" slogan and it's symbol will be in the new universe? I mean, it was basically the identity of Bionicle in a sense and it wouldn't be confusing or screw up Lego's new approach to marketing

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Do you guys think the whole "Unity, Duty, Destiny" slogan and it's symbol will be in the new universe? I mean, it was basically the identity of Bionicle in a sense and it wouldn't be confusing or screw up Lego's new approach to marketing

The symbol had a much bigger part in the old BIONICLE's identity than the virtues themselves ever did. And frankly, the symbol's meaning was pretty specific to the identity of the old BIONICLE theme by the end, considering its relevance to the destiny of the great spirit Mata Nui. So I would not mind one bit if the new BIONICLE avoided that particular symbol and instead sought to carve out its own identity.
  • Upvote 2

The symbol had a much bigger part in the old BIONICLE's identity than the virtues themselves ever did. And frankly, the symbol's meaning was pretty specific to the identity of the old BIONICLE theme by the end, considering its relevance to the destiny of the great spirit Mata Nui. So I would not mind one bit if the new BIONICLE avoided that particular symbol and instead sought to carve out its own identity.

I'm guessing the same applies to the Matoran language glyphs?

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"

Do you see any Matoran? :P

Do you see any Matoran? :P

*Reads*

*Facepalms at self*

If they don't add UDD I will...Uhh...

[Image link]

But seriously. What the heck is Lego doing if they dont.

Edited by Makaru
Embedded images can only be 500kb in filesize or less
  • Upvote 1

Something new? Maybe something that uses a more meaningful or comprehensive values system?

The "Unity, Duty, Destiny" slogan was only clumsily attached to the Bionicle theme after it had been running for two full years. It's in no way a core part of the theme, and the story could probably have been done just as well without it.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Something new? Maybe something that uses a more meaningful or comprehensive values system?

The "Unity, Duty, Destiny" slogan was only clumsily attached to the Bionicle theme after it had been running for two full years. It's in no way a core part of the theme, and the story could probably have been done just as well without it.

But the symbol was the best logo Bionicle ever had, possibly. I personally think it was a much better symbol than the stylized name or even the Kanohi Hau- which was an awesome mask, though. If they do bring it back, it doesn't really matter to me if the symbol means something new. The slogan was... as you said, clumsily attached.

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

But the symbol was the best logo Bionicle ever had, possibly. I personally think it was a much better symbol than the stylized name or even the Kanohi Hau- which was an awesome mask, though. If they do bring it back, it doesn't really matter to me if the symbol means something new. The slogan was... as you said, clumsily attached.

I would want the slogan to come back, however not the symbol. It was secretly a representation of the divided Spherus Magna. This would be out of place in the new canon.

Judging by your logic, anything that took place after '01 was irrelevent to the plot. 

UDD not being added at the beginning doesn't imply that it wasn't important. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I don't like how half the toa are semi-titans and half are regular. It makes team line-ups look silly and makes the team unbalanced.

Actually, it makes team line-ups look AWESOME. A range of sizes makes each member of a line-up look distinct and makes the group as a whole look more interesting.

Great example right here.

Yeah I am in agreement with Lyichir here. As when I saw the Toa standing near each other at Comic Con and in the LEgo Store at the VIP event, they all looked awesome and each one of them seemed unique. I for one am glad this new Bionicle hasn't started out with clone sets (something that got too old, very quick in the last generation of Bionicle).

well this size does fit the toa, cause Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua, seem to be like beefy guys while the other three seem like they would have a lot better agility thus the more beefy armor.

Edited by willbgamer

Pink squids are royalty.

i kind of made this when i was bored hope you guys like it

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

I would want the slogan to come back, however not the symbol. It was secretly a representation of the divided Spherus Magna. This would be out of place in the new canon.

Judging by your logic, anything that took place after '01 was irrelevent to the plot. 

Look in the sky of the protector of stone and Pohatu's box art. You see planets which are obviously Bara Magna and Bota Magna. Also in several other pictures of those animation stuff, you can see the planets.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Look in the sky of the protector of stone and Pohatu's box art. You see planets which are obviously Bara Magna and Bota Magna. Also in several other pictures of those animation stuff, you can see the planets.

True, however I'd like for it to be confirmed as being so, since it doesn't make much sense to get rid of Mata Nui, yet keep Bota and Bara Manga. 

bZpOwEr

Giant Robot hasn't been denied yet... Still a possibility.

Or there could be a different way to reform the planet this time...

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I'm sure it's either an easter egg or just random planets. I highly doubt Lego would go that same route again. Plus having multiple planets visible in the sky is a recurring element in many pieces of science fiction. It's nothing specific to Bionicle.

• Upvote 2

And I'd also like to add that the UDD logo appeared in the cancelled 2001 game, Legend of Mata Nui.

I feel that UDD was present and a big part of Bionicle and its messages, but were simply a worded version of what was already implied. If it doesn't come back as virtues, fine, but I'd like to at least see it present in how the characters behave and communicate overall. The message it carried was pretty central.

I'm sure it's either an easter egg or just random planets. I highly doubt Lego would go that same route again. Plus having multiple planets visible in the sky is a recurring element in many pieces of science fiction. It's nothing specific to Bionicle.

Well, if the rumors of the Vahi soft reboot thing are true (which I personally would love) they could very well be Alternate versions of Bara and Bota Magna. However, they did say BIONICLE was confirmed for 3 more years. Consider this possibility:

2015 is the search for the Mask of Creation

2016 is the search for the Mask of Control

2017 is the search for the Mask of Ultimate Power.

That could just mean they have the first three years nailed down. In 2018 the Toa could journey to another planet, maybe meeting another alternate universe character. Just my hope/speculation. ^_^

#Vezon2018

• Upvote 2

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

I don't think that the developments after 2001 were irrelevant, and in fact many of the later stories, such as the Metru Nui arc and Mask of Life arc, really brought the theme's concept as a biological parallel to a head. But Unity, Duty and Destiny were platitudes more than actual morals. They were ambiguous enough to be connected tangentially to the morals of each story, but that doesn't make them irreplaceable by a long shot.

Frankly I miss the more complex and concrete system of principles that Unity, Duty, and Destiny were derived from. Those represented a much more comprehensive and concrete system of values, and conveyed a strong cultural and even spiritual angle to the various Matoran villages that was unfortunately not developed further in later years.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wouldn't mind the saying 'Unity, Duty, Destiny' itself being used in the new storyline. I think it could fit in well with the new story. 

As for the UDD logo, I don't see a need of it to return unless there is an unrevealed story reason for it to do so. I believe the saying itself can live on without the logo. In fact, the saying could return with a new logo that might fit better with the story. That is something I would like to see in the new story.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I do hope that we'll see some differently coloured Toa this time around, though, controlling different elements; I'd love to see a silver Toa controlling, say, iron released as a set, or perhaps a Toa of Gravity with purple as their primary colour.

I second this motion, but I don't think it's going to happen: 

1) because of the difficulties in producing purple parts

and 

2) because it appears that the new story might stick with the Mata. 

:(

I don't like how half the toa are semi-titans and half are regular. It makes team line-ups look silly and makes the team unbalanced.

Actually, it makes team line-ups look AWESOME. A range of sizes makes each member of a line-up look distinct and makes the group as a whole look more interesting.

Great example right here.

I have to agree here - I like characters in different sizes because it allows for a broader range of ablities. The small guy can fit in tight spaces, the big guy has a bigger destructive punch, that kind of thing. 

With that said, I don't think the size differences in these Toa are bit enough to be significant. Could be wrong though. 

I do hope that we'll see some differently coloured Toa this time around, though, controlling different elements; I'd love to see a silver Toa controlling, say, iron released as a set, or perhaps a Toa of Gravity with purple as their primary colour.

I don't think there's any real problems in producing purple parts? At most it's just the cost of recolors, which are something Lego would have to do for pretty much any new color, and anyway they already have quite a few ccbs parts in purple, so getting a few more wouldn't be that big of a problem. The only real issue is probably that Lego isn't yet sure about it being a marketable color--although it first reappeared in constraction (although in a different shade) in 2012 (2011 if you count the three or so parts in Nex 2.0) we have yet to truly get a set with purple as its primary color, so I guess Lego really isn't that confident about it.

AXKP5KC.png

I don't think there's any real problems in producing purple parts? At most it's just the cost of recolors, which are something Lego would have to do for pretty much any new color, and anyway they already have quite a few ccbs parts in purple, so getting a few more wouldn't be that big of a problem. The only real issue is probably that Lego isn't yet sure about it being a marketable color--although it first reappeared in constraction (although in a different shade) in 2012 (2011 if you count the three or so parts in Nex 2.0) we have yet to truly get a set with purple as its primary color, so I guess Lego really isn't that confident about it.

I actually get this from an old BZPowercast interview with Kevin Hinkle. It's difficult to make purple parts appear to be the same color - our eyes detect variations in that color more than other colors. 

In previous times, there was no purple Lego. They are innovating and doing it now, but I wouldn't imagine that they would do a whole set in purple. That's at least a few years down the road. 

I wouldn't mind the saying 'Unity, Duty, Destiny' itself being used in the new storyline. I think it could fit in well with the new story. 

As for the UDD logo, I don't see a need of it to return unless there is an unrevealed story reason for it to do so. I believe the saying itself can live on without the logo. In fact, the saying could return with a new logo that might fit better with the story. That is something I would like to see in the new story.

The UDD Logo is cool, but I think it was a failed attempt at a kind of "motto"?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/