OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Yeah, until we get a stated design idea that states what builds are "feminine," we kinda have to base it off of the other sets in a wave(toa mahri to other toa mahri, glatorian to other glatorian, hero factory v2 to other v2 heroes, etc.)

A relatively feminine set would be slimmer than the other sets in it's wave, possessing perhaps certain leg/arm builds that would look sleeker(I guess?) perhaps. I'm not entirely sure...

Unless you wish to give us the less relativistic/more absolute definition perhaps?

• Upvote 1

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

You know, this conversation reminds me a lot of my recent MOCs. About a week ago, I started to make a team of all-female Toa using only Hero Factory parts. These http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-round-shell-detail-98571 are surprising useful for, er, boobies. You can make it work with the ball joints on the torso's shoulders, with a simple Y-joint and the smaller armor cladding can be used to attach the round shells.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Reply to The Undertaken

With the HF build? 

Ya pretty much there isn't one plus with what fishers64 said about biomechanical.

but this is biomechanical, so it doesn't have to look like the genuine article.

Reply to Aanchir

Okay I get BOTDF (Blood on the Dance Floor (DON'T LOOK IT UP trust me if you dom'y want your ears to bleed, don't look them up)) but I think everyone would already know the JB (justin bieber).

Also the first not really because of not seeing anything that make her more feminine but I do see the point you made about trying not keeping her  "mannish" as the others.

Reply to Toa Green Ninja:
ummm...  you used those pieces for boobs?
Are those kind of too big for a female MOC of HF and the normal custom Toa size?

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Reply to The Undertaken

Reply to Toa Green Ninja:

ummm...  you used those pieces for boobs?

Are those kind of too big for a female MOC of HF and the normal custom Toa size?

If you use the largest torso piece, the proportions look good.

ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

I doubt talking about which pieces are good for making breasts on MOCs of biomechanical alien races has much to do with Bionicle 2015, which is what this topic is about. I may not be a moderator, but please stay on topic. If you want to discuss that, go make a new topic for that. It has gotten out of control, not to mention completely non-canon. The only reason people think that female Bionicle MOCs need breasts is because female humans have breasts. Please, let's get back to talking about things like Onya, and whether the new Mask of Creation will be OP or stuff like that.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Nah man, the real question is: "what does the Mask of Control do?"

Seriously, is it like the mask of mind control that Onewa had? or does it allow better manipulation of materials?

Would the dichotomy between the masks of creation and control be a form vs function kind of thing?

I think it would be a lot more than just mind control- I assume it makes you like a Jedi, being able to control objects by moving them, controlling your reflexes to enhance your skill, etc. However, the question is now, "what are its limitations?"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I doubt talking about which pieces are good for making breasts on MOCs of biomechanical alien races has much to do with Bionicle 2015, which is what this topic is about. I may not be a moderator, but please stay on topic. If you want to discuss that, go make a new topic for that. It has gotten out of control, not to mention completely non-canon. The only reason people think that female Bionicle MOCs need breasts is because female humans have breasts. Please, let's get back to talking about things like Onya, and whether the new Mask of Creation will be OP or stuff like that.

Hey I can't believe you, I just can't believe you offended me...            by not bring up Tapakanuva and Cyberman Lewa :P

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I don't care for the Protectors. I want the REAL heroes, the Toa!

Whatever happened to "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero"? Seems to me like for a while, fans considered that quote pretty darn important. Or at least, a convenient way to belittle Hero Factory. Now that BIONICLE is back, is defining heroes by their appearance, powers, and cultural status suddenly OK again?
  • Upvote 5

Whatever happened to "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero"? Seems to me like for a while, fans considered that quote pretty darn important. Or at least, a convenient way to belittle Hero Factory. Now that BIONICLE is back, is defining heroes by their appearance, powers, and cultural status suddenly OK again?

I think he just means the characters he knows and loves, I think it's a bit early to accuse Bionicle fans of forgetting their roots and becoming petty or whatever.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I think he just means the characters he knows and loves, I think it's a bit early to accuse Bionicle fans of forgetting their roots and becoming petty or whatever.

I wasn't trying to accuse anyone of anything, though I do believe that neither the official BIONICLE story nor the fanbase ever gave that quote much more than lip service, so it frustrated me when it (and other similar quotes) took on a new life as a way for people to insist BIONICLE was fundamentally better than Hero Factory.
  • Upvote 1

I wasn't trying to accuse anyone of anything, though I do believe that neither the official BIONICLE story nor the fanbase ever gave that quote much more than lip service, so it frustrated me when it (and other similar quotes) took on a new life as a way for people to insist BIONICLE was fundamentally better than Hero Factory.

Although I only ever used that quote once in my stories, most of my fanfics feature Matoran heroes.  I confess, I may have used a Bionicle quote or two to compare Bionicle to HF. 

Also, you mustn't forget that Bionicle was fundamentally better than HF.

Okay, I'm kidding.  Mostly.  You don't see a Bring Back HF club, or a HeroZonePower.  Even HS01 went down in flames.  Unless they fixed it already.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

The Toa ARE the heroes of Bionicle. The Matoran and other characters helped out sometimes but in the end it was the Toa who stood against the dark forces of evil.

Who calmed the Rahi? Toa.

Bhorok?  Toa.

Rakshi? Toa. (Takanuva helped but he was also a Toa.)

Vahki and Visorak? Toa. (Keetongu helped here.)

Piraka? (YO YO) Toa. (With Axxon and like, six matoran who built their launchers and then disappeared.)

Barraki? Toa. (Hydraxon didn't count and Leovikk was... elsewhere.)

2008's first half was the only year to have the Matoran do something useful. Even then by the second half of the year they disappeared.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Do recall however that while the Toa were out questing the Matoran had to be heroes for themselves.

Rahi, sure the Toa fought Makuta and stopped his rahi threat, but if it wasn't for the Chronicler's Company the rahi would have been able to swarm Kini-Nui, possibly swarming the caverns underneath and beating the Toa with sheer numbers

Bohrok, yeah, the Toa beat the queens, but if it wasn't for several industrious Matoran(I'm looking at you Nuparu) there wouldn't have been anyone left to save.

Rakshi, yeah no real disagreements there

Vahki were a problem, but recall the Morbhuzak plant attacking Metru-Nui. Sure the Toa-Metru defeated it, but they were nearly killed by the great weed before the six Matoran who had the Great disks showed up, formed Matoran-Nui, and saved their newb butts!

Visorak, while Matoran weren't involved, if it wasn't for the Rahaga and Krahka the Toa would have easily fallen to their primal selves or the visorak horde countless times over

Piraka, Voya Nui resistance fighters and Axxon, that's all I'm going to say

Barraki, yeah I don't know what happened there, I wasn't really paying attention so you may be more-or-less right with that one.

The Mistika line was just the first one with the Matoran actively assisting the Toa throughout the adventure, but let's not belittle their contributions before hand.

To be fair, the Toa often ended up being the ones actually fighting the Big-Bad for their respective years, but that doesn't make the actions of the Matoran, Turaga and others during those years any less heroic. Heck, even Ahkmou, traitor that he was, got at least one vaguely heroic moment during Bionicle Adventures.

Yes, the Toa were heroes, but how easy is it to rush into danger when you have the ability to turn into a walking super-nova? Now try walking into the danger that just KOed the walking super-nova without any powers and tell me that ain't heroic, or stupid but the only difference there is whether or not you survive.

• Upvote 3

mnog3d_banner.jpg

-END OF LINE-

The REAL question is how the heck you're going to fight whatever knocked that super nova out, especially if you aren't half as strong or fast or experienced as he was. I get rising above the challenge, and that's all fine and dandy. But I know for a fact only fools rush to fight what their betters couldn't defeat.  

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

The Toa ARE the heroes of Bionicle. The Matoran and other characters helped out sometimes but in the end it was the Toa who stood against the dark forces of evil.

Who calmed the Rahi? Toa.

Bhorok?  Toa.

Rakshi? Toa. (Takanuva helped but he was also a Toa.)

Vahki and Visorak? Toa. (Keetongu helped here.)

Piraka? (YO YO) Toa. (With Axxon and like, six matoran who built their launchers and then disappeared.)

Barraki? Toa. (Hydraxon didn't count and Leovikk was... elsewhere.)

2008's first half was the only year to have the Matoran do something useful. Even then by the second half of the year they disappeared.

Believe me, I get that! I'm just pleasantly surprised that other people get that, since when comparing Hero Factory to BIONICLE, few people like to acknowledge that BIONICLE had its own "designated heroes". It's true that Toa still have to prove their heroic mettle through their deeds, but that's really no different in the Hero Factory universe, where "hero" is a job title and heroes are judged on how well they do that job.

I think you ARE somewhat understating the important tasks the Matoran performed in other story years, particularly 2001 and 2003. But you're right that most of the theme's heroic victories against evil belonged to the Toa, while the Matoran's victories were more about surviving against the forces of evil than actively conquering them.

• Upvote 5

If we got creatures besides the Skull Spiders, I doubt they'd be called Rahi, since that term actually referred quite specifically to the creatures in the Matoran Universe created from viruses.

I hope we get creatures and I hope they have much better proportions than some of the creatures we got before *coughDRAGONBOLTcough*

You never know if this is just a rebooted Matoran Universe or not, and there is nothing against the theory that Protectors could just be Matoran in-story.

ninjago-green-ninja.jpg

there is nothing against the theory that Protectors could just be Matoran in-story.

Well, other than the Bionicle team saying there are no Matoran on Okoto, you mean.

Well the villagers/protectors play the role of the matoran from what we can tell. It's like the difference between Agori and Matoran. If it weren't specified, no one would ever see one. If the protector species isn't the matoran one, we can probably easily consider them to be the same without much standing in our ways.

there is nothing against the theory that Protectors could just be Matoran in-story.

Well, other than the Bionicle team saying there are no Matoran on Okoto, you mean.

Well the villagers/protectors play the role of the matoran from what we can tell. It's like the difference between Agori and Matoran. If it weren't specified, no one would ever see one. If the protector species isn't the matoran one, we can probably easily consider them to be the same without much standing in our ways.

Not...really? the difference between Agori and Matoran in-story was pretty huge. One species was organic, the other was biomechanical, had slight elemental powers, and could turn into Toa under some circumstances. We have no idea how organic the Protectors are, or their abilities. Just because they are villagers does not make them the same as Matoran. It's too early to say.

besides, he seemed to be talking in a literal sense about the Protectors being Matoran, just not in promotional terms. Which is not the case.

AXKP5KC.png

Was that used? It doesn't make any sense if it was used to belittle HF. Saying that "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero" says, to me, that even though there are no Toa in HF, doesn't mean they aren't legit heroes...

Even HS01 went down in flames.  Unless they fixed it already.

As if BS01 or BZPower has never gone down. :P

BS01 load times were slow, so the quickest solution was to disable HS01.

Who calmed the Rahi? Toa.  Disk Throwing "Tohunga

Bhorok?  Toa. Matoran Engineers, and any other brave Matoran, including Takua and Jaller

Rakshi? Toa. (Takanuva helped but he was also a Toa.) Jaller and Takua

Vahki and Visorak? Toa. (Keetongu helped here.) The Matoran were all in spheres, what could they do?

Piraka? (YO YO) Toa. (With Axxon and like, six matoran who built their launchers and then disappeared.) Voya Nui Resistance Team

Barraki? Toa. (Hydraxon didn't count and Leovikk was... elsewhere.) This is kinda mean because most of the Matoran couldn't breathe water...

Karzahni - Sarda and Idris

2008's first half was the only year to have the Matoran do something useful. Even then by the second half of the year they disappeared. The group of Av-Matoran who the Toa Nuva witnessed transform into Bohrok, an Av-Matoran gave the Toa a keystone, before he too was turned into a Bohrok, and teleported back to the nest.

2010 - OK, here is the only year you can say they did literally nothing...

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The Toa would be DEAD without the Voya Nui Resistance Team.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I never said the matoran didn't do anything. I'm saying that their roles were small in the grand scheme of things. The Toa wee the ones responsible for fighting Makuta or whoever the main bad guys were at the time.

Okay, fair 'nough I suppose, I just feel that you were a bit more dismissive of the Matoran's contributions, such as the thing with Matoran-Nui saving the Toa-Metru from the Morbhuzak or as Boidoh said:

The Toa would be DEAD without the Voya Nui Resistance Team.

• Upvote 2

mnog3d_banner.jpg

-END OF LINE-

Let's not forget that, if not for Takua, the Toa Mata would never have gotten to Mata Nui, and the whole Bionicle Story would never have happened.  If not for Takua and Jaller, there's no Takanuva.  Twer it not for the Matoran Nui and the Chronicler's Company, the Toa Metru and the Toa Mata would be dead.  If not for me right now, you wouldn't be reading this :P.  Also, were it not for Takua being such a dashing success, no other Matoran would have been built.

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.