Turaga Takanuva

Mate.397

http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Turaga-Takanuva-132978229

As we know Toa Takanuva had traveled my alternate realities and met various versions of himself or others. In an alternate universe which was called Kingdom, Toa Takanuva visited. his alternate version used his powers to create a new toa team, and transformed into a Turaga. 

​This is my imagining of the Toa of Light turning into a Turaga.

http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Turaga-Takanuva-side-483954506

http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Turaga-Takanuva-back-483954815

And I'd be grateful if the pointless argument about my mask choice would be dropped, everybody knows the masks morph when a Toa transforms into a Turaga, there for my choice makes just as much sense as any other.

How does he compare in size to the Voyatoran? I see a little of their design in this MoC, which is why I'm asking. Otherwise, he looks a little too hunched over. Remember, the turaga have the stance of old people, not hunchbacks. In short, (no pun intended) perhaps a 7/10.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

How does he compare in size to the Voyatoran? I see a little of their design in this MoC, which is why I'm asking. Otherwise, he looks a little too hunched over. Remember, the turaga have the stance of old people, not hunchbacks. In short, (no pun intended) perhaps a 7/10.

They're more or less the same size, I might have accidentally made him a little too hunched back-ish

Why does he have a Kualsi? I like it, but would like to know why you chose it over other gold masks.

I literally pointed this out in the description of the first post, please read it again.

They're more or less the same size, I might have accidentally made him a little too hunched back-ish

Why does he have a Kualsi? I like it, but would like to know why you chose it over other gold masks.

I literally pointed this out in the description of the first post, please read it again.

Eh not really. When a Toa becomes a Turaga their mask becomes it's noble version. For example, a Great Huna would become a Noble Huna. A Great Avohkii would become a Noble Avohkii. The masks don't change into totally different masks, like say, a Hau becoming a Sanok. 

• Upvote 2

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Eh not really. When a Toa becomes a Turaga their mask becomes it's noble version. For example, a Great Huna would become a Noble Huna. A Great Avohkii would become a Noble Avohkii. The masks don't change into totally different masks, like say, a Hau becoming a Sanok. 

Have you compared Toa Vakama's mask with Turaga Vakama's? They aren't even similar, let alone the rest, maybe Nokama has the most similar looking. I mentioned this as well, enough with the stupid nitpicking about the mask.

Pretty nice. It reminds me of the Voyatoran design, with a bit more to it. Probably a bit taller. Suits it, that. Your colour scheme is pretty good, though I wonder if you couldn't find a better colour for the upper arm than metru gray. Has there not been a white option for the shorter double-joiner (or whatever you'd call it)?

As has been said, your choice of mask is as good as any other -- I personally imagine that the noble avohkii looks like the avohkii of the film, before Takua wore it; the mask that lacked frills on either side and less swoopy on top. As in my avatar.

Have you compared Toa Vakama's mask with Turaga Vakama's? They aren't even similar, let alone the rest, maybe Nokama has the most similar looking. I mentioned this as well, enough with the stupid nitpicking about the mask.

http://prntscr.com/4q3vyt

• Upvote 4

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

While I like the body design, I don't fully understand the choice of giving him a Kualsi for the Noble Avohkii. I understand your arguement, but I think the Kualsi would fit better if story-wise you wanted him to have a new Kanohi altogether - personally, I think the Great Avohkii would fit best for a noble one.

So, great Turaga MOC, but it doesn't shout Takanuva to me, and that is almost entirely because of the mask choice. Sorry for being so blunt.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

In the first post you just said that a Toa's mask morphs when they transform. This is correct, but I just want to know why you chose that mask over something of similar color such as Lhikan's Hau or just an Ahvokii. I'm basically asking what Jam Pot is asking: why this mask instead of another? I'm not saying it was a bad choice- I just want to know why you chose the Kualsi. People ask why creators used certain pieces all the time, and that's what I'm doing here.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015