Bionicle 2015 theme song

Jonathan Crane

So in light of the return of BIONICLE (woot, woot) there some songs I would like as the theme or as commercial songs, such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9_Lx2AWaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2206Fe3xLf0

and last, but not least

any others?

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Frankly, I would prefer a new, original song that was actually written FOR the theme over any song casually plucked from the airwaves. Ninjago and Legends of Chima have gotten their own original promotional songs. Even the old BIONICLE had original songs by Cryoshell for its last several years. Why should the new BIONICLE deserve any less?

• Upvote 4

Frankly, I would prefer a new, original song that was actually written FOR the theme over any song casually plucked from the airwaves. Ninjago and Legends of Chima have gotten their own original promotional songs. Even the old BIONICLE had original songs by Cryoshell for its last several years. Why should the new BIONICLE deserve any less?

same here, but 06-07 used popular songs, like "Move along" and "Crashed", so that's where I was kinda going with this, but I agree

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

please no more god-awful licensed radio-rock stuff.

although I'm not the biggest fan of their music, I like what they did with Cryoshell - getting some people together to write new songs, making a band out of them, and then giving them enough of a boost to allow them to exist on their own and find their own musical identity.

I feel like, if anything, they should either go that route again or at the very least try to work with some more unknown and underground acts who might not get a lot of attention otherwise.

Edited by Scythey
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree with you. Bionicle should have it's own song from the ground up to present it's comeback.

I totally agree with you. Bionicle should have it's own song from the ground up to present it's comeback.

I'm with these fine people here. Perhaps they might consider weaving some of the music from the old Bionicle somewhere. That's one thing that might not put off new fans. 

I'm also in the "Bring Back Nathan Furst" group, even though that is strongly unlikely. I'd be okay with Cryoshell making a return, I guess.

Even still, I wouldn't be opposed to something entirely new, either. Bring in some fresh talent - as long as it's good. :)

I always think of the 2008 story when I listen to this song. If they ever decide to do a cross promotion with a band like they did with the AAR in 2006, Imagine Dragons has my vote. They wrote a song for Transformers: AOE and another for League of Legends, so their collaboration is within reason.

Like some others here, I would also prefer that they make new music. If it has to be a cheesy rock song, then I wouldn't mind if Cryoshell made a comeback. They already have a working relationship with the series, they're familiar to fans and releasing new music could be a boost for them as well. :)

In an ideal world, Bionicle would have it's own soundtrack (instrumental, like for movies and tv shows and stuff), but I don't know how well that would work in reality. It's a toy line, so a proper soundtrack would probably be too much effort and may not actually fit with the medium (where would they even use it?). But one can hope. :P

I'm not particularly keen on more rock with cheesy lyrics. I'd rather instrumental stuff, like what was composed for the MNOLGs and the movies.

Frankly, I think there's plenty of room for both. Instrumental stuff is perfect for the score of a TV show or movie, and for establishing the overall feel of the franchise, but at the same time it never hurts to have something catchier and more lyrical for commercials or a TV show's intro.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The key, if anything, is for the lyrics to fit.  That's the absolute most important thing.

Take this song, for example. I wasn't going to share it for a while, but I'm thinking of featuring this song later down the line, when I make a story arc showing what happened to Piras and the others after they left Miro Nui, and the hardships they endured while they were away.

Now, this may not be the most exciting, blood pumping sort of tune... if anything, it's slow, quiet and unsettling... but it's essentially Toa Piras' theme. The lyrics sum up his entire mindset. These are the thoughts rolling through his mind. It fits his character, AND, in a larger sense, the "dark side of Nova Orbis," especially when this story takes some unexpected turns.

But that's all I'll say about that for now. I'm just using this as an example. Cryoshell's lyrics almost always fit Bionicle's story really well from moment to moment, be it by literally describing the setting, or exploring the struggles the characters go through. That's what makes them work.

I'm not sure what would fit Bionicle 2015, though. From everything we've seen, the tone seems... fairly light hearted.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I''m just disappointed that they aren't getting a show. I guess Lego thinks Bionicle isn't good enough?

I don't think it's so much that. I like the minisodes we're going to get online. It'll be like the MNOG days

There's also the possibility that a show could come later if the sets are successful enough. Ninjago didn't get a full TV series until its second year, after all.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I''m just disappointed that they aren't getting a show. I guess Lego thinks Bionicle isn't good enough?

Or that they think with kids being more and more connected they need to try and reach kids through other avenues.

Or perhaps just that none of the networks want another LEGO TV program. Cartoon Network, one of the LEGO Group's strongest partners, already airs the Ninjago and Legends of Chima TV series, the LEGO Star Wars TV specials, and the Mixels interstitial shorts. I don't think they want to make themselves completely dependent on LEGO programming.

• Upvote 1

Or that they think with kids being more and more connected they need to try and reach kids through other avenues.

Or perhaps just that none of the networks want another LEGO TV program. Cartoon Network, one of the LEGO Group's strongest partners, already airs the Ninjago and Legends of Chima TV series, the LEGO Star Wars TV specials, and the Mixels interstitial shorts. I don't think they want to make themselves completely dependent on LEGO programming.

I guess it's just something I've always wanted to see and it's disappointing to me that we probably never will. Imagine how much stronger Bionicle's presence could've been back in the day with a tv show backing it up, with thrilling new seasons each year... of course, that wouldn't be possible back then, but it is now, so... >shrugs<

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/