Hitman XIV: Murder Simulator

ShadowVezon

Welcome, one and all, to Hitman XIV. This is a game.

The Plot

Playing the Game:

In Hitman XIV: Murder Simulator, you are attempting to assassinate all of the other places to be the very best, like no-one (except another 13) ever was. To do this, you must PM me the name of the player you want to target, as well as your choice of murder weapon. Additionally, when you sign-up you must also send me a copy/pasted form of the profile below in the PM, filling out your resistances to the six methods of murder on display. These are conveniently listed below:

Gun (Ranged Weapons)

Sword (Sharp objects)

Sledgehammer (Blunt objects)

Poison (Poison)

Explosive (Things that go BOOM)

Disk (Throwing objects)

You must give each weapon a number between 1 and 6. No two weapons can share a number. These numbers tell me what you're strong/weak to. If someone attempts to kill you, I shall roll the RNG. If the number is lower than the number listed on the profile, you live. If not then, to put it bluntly, you die. For example, say you had a Poison resistance of 4. If the RNG rolled a 3 or below, you would live. If it rolled 4 or above, than you don't.

Also, try and be creative in your choice of weaponry. It's more fun that way. As long as you try and loosely link your objects to one of the categories. Icepick fits into Sword, for example.

EXAMPLE PROFILE

Gun: 4

Sword: 1

Sledgehammer: 5

Poison: 6

Explosive: 3

Disk: 2

Each round will last approximately 48 hours, to ensure enough time for everyone to send in targets. It won't be an exact 48 hours for obvious reasons, so I'll make a post at some point after 48 hours have passed.  Any targets after that post will not be counted.

If multiple people target the same person, they will be calculated according to the order I received them. The first attempt to succeed will be the one who gets the kill.

There must be one survivor at the end of the game, so I will intervene and reroll if all players would have ended up killing each other.

The Twist:

This game takes place in Cyberspace, and not in the normal world. That counts as a twist. Yes, it affects absolutely nothing.

Think of it this way: If every game had a twist, then no game would have a twist,

Rules:

1. Please use only one PM, it'll make my life much easier.

2. For the same reason, no switching targets. It'll be hard enough as it is.

3. I an completely unbiased, and will not affect any of the rolls. Not even against Kopekemaster.

The Payroll:

1. Chro - Stabbed by Voxumo, Blown Up by Burnmad

2427135. Luroka - Broken by iBrow

3. Kopekemaster - Incinerated by JAG18

4. iBrow/Voltex/CHRIS PRATT/YO YO SKILLET/Whatever his name is this month - Impaled by Voxumo

5. JAG18

6. Voxumo

7.77r Pulse/Pulsating Cheddar/KITTENS FOR FISTS - Shot by Tyler

8. Axilus Prime

10. Riff Burnmad/Colonel Roy Mustang

21. Shadowhawk - Killed by JAG18

23. Tyler Durden - Cleaved by Pulse

Sign-Up Info Stuff

Once this is posted, you will have approximately 2 days to sign-up. If the initial 10 slots have filled after 2 days, then the game will begin. If not, then it'll continue until either the spots fill or the game is slowly forgotten about.

During the initial 2 days, additional places will be made for late signers, to avoid people missing out due to time zones, sleep, heavy work or whatnot. The 10 is just a guideline.

Profiles should probably be sent in before sign-ups end. However, as long as they're sent in before Round 1 ends, it'll be fine. Anyone without profiles gets no resistances, and therefore any attack will instantly kill you, so it's not a good idea to leave it that late. If/When the Player List is filled, I'll post a full Introduction, because then I can refer to players who I know are actually playing the game.

And just reminding you that for the first 2 days, I can include as many people as want to join. Don't feel discouraged just because 10 players have already joined, there'll be room for a few more.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon
  • Upvote 3

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Exactly. Imagine if every single game had an increasingly impressive and game-changing twist. Where would it end? It'd just escalate until we couldn't make something big enough, and the entire system would fall apart. We need normal games once in a while to rein it in.

Not that I'm deriding twists, far from it. The point is that we can't have too many or they stop being interesting, and we have to escalate to keep the twists from becoming boring.

• Upvote 1

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Exactly. Imagine if every single game had an increasingly impressive and game-changing twist. Where would it end? It'd just escalate until we couldn't make something big enough, and the entire system would fall apart. We need normal games once in a while to rein it in.

Not that I'm deriding twists, far from it. The point is that we can't have too many or they stop being interesting, and we have to escalate to keep the twists from becoming boring.

This was my reasoning behind returning to the basic roles for XIX. Anyway spot four please

Exactly.

By the way, I'd just like to clarify that by Disks, I mean TRON-esque disks. These aren't mere Frisbees.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

No, not Kanoka.

Anyway, Pulse is added to the payroll. Who knows, maybe there'll be 10 players by the time I log on tomorrow afternoon.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

All added. Now we only need 1 more person to hit the quota of 10 people. Of course, the sign-ups won't end until tomorrow at the earliest, so late-comers won't miss out on the fun..

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Added. Sign-ups will end at around 8:00 PM GMT. If anyone wants to join after that, I might let them, as long as it's before Round 1 ends, and they're prompt with profiles and targets.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Round 1 has now officially begun. I will be at a party Friday, so you have until 10:30 AM GMT on Saturday to give profiles and a target. A full Introduction will come shortly.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Everyone has sent their kills except for Tyler. He still has 2 days though, so he's in no rush. I'll try and finish the Introduction tonight, so that Saturday I can focus on writing Night One's scene.

EDIT: Tyler's sent his in. Now you get to wait 2 days for the scene, as I write the scene before this one.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

What can we say, we're a productive group of kil.. Gentle people who don't like delaying

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Introduction (Scene 0)
<<Start Recording>>
The eleven clothed figures made their way across the busy streets of Odina, shivering from the icy-cold wind that they had to walk through. They had all come for the now familiar Hitman tournament, which they had taken part in time and time again. It had become a tradition of Odina, arguably more important than the Dark Hunters themselves. However, it had taken it's toll on the Dark Hunters. The organization couldn't take the continued killing of their members, as well as the numerous cost of property damages. The massive war which had taken place didn't help matters much, not to mention the death of The Shadowed One. However, somehow he found a way to return from the grave, bringing a mysterious new source of revenue with him. Nobody was really sure what it was, but they knew the massive profit it brought. Odina had started to thrive once more, and the future looked bright for the Dark Hunters. This was in the future, of course. Right now, the eleven Hunters had to focus on the tournament they were walking to. Undoubtedly, some of the Hunters would be grateful for another of the things The Shadowed One brought from the grave, a Cyberspace network he had set up for the fighting to take place in. This would reduce the losses to nothing, while still allowing the Hunters to have their fun.

The Hunters heading for the non-descript building all came from different backgrounds, and they had varying goals. Some were there for the reward money, others for the glory of victory. A few undoubtedly were there simply for the thrill of killing. They were all experienced in assassination, but experience matters not; it won't help them now.

They entered the building, one-by-one, and stepped into the pods set up for them. Symbolically resembling coffins, they were specially designed to put someone's mind into Cyberspace. Some worried that too much money was going into this novelty, but they had been assured by The Shadowed One that Cyberspace was an important asset, and could revolutionise the training of new recruits. After seeing it for themselves, they couldn't help but agree. This isn't about business, however, this is about murder, and murder was in the hearts of everyone who stepped into their "coffins". Many had come with grudges, which would undoubtedly be at the forefront of the first few nights.

The lids of the "coffins" sealed tight, and the minds of the eleven soon-to-be murderers entered Cyberspace. Immediately, they were shocked by how normal it felt. They expected it to look digital, maybe with glowing blue lines and a blocky theme. Instead, it near-perfectly resembled Odina. It felt slightly "off", of course, but otherwise could easily have been mistaken for the real island. Suddenly, in front of the eleven warriors, a holographic visage of The Shadowed One's face appeared. "It appears you all made the trip safely. Now, I am sure you all know why you are here. I'm sure you also know that there can only be one survivor. You have a day to prepare your weapons. Anyone who kills before sunset... won't find their return trip pleasant. I trust you won't try anything foolish." The hologram vanished as suddenly as it appeared, leaving the Hunters to start their shopping spree.
<<End Recording>>

Scene 1 comes Saturday.

Well, let's not Double Post then. Anyway, new Scene two days early, because that's how nice I am. Things that are actually interesting happen!

Night 1

Tyler walked into one of Odina's many seedy bars, looking for a drink. The classic alcoholic favourite was Bourbon, but Tyler wanted to stay alert, wary that there could be someone watching him at this very moment, waiting for their chance to strike. Because of this, Tyler instead went for the general favourite of Eggnog. He sipped his drink but, hearing the footsteps of three new patrons entering the bar, he turned to check out the new arrivals. It was this which saved his life as a loud blast sounded behind him and his glass shattered in his hand. He turned to see that his bartender was Chro, armed with a Shotgun. He jumped down behind the cover of the table, in case Chro tried again. Chro reloaded his Shotgun, only to feel the sudden shock of an Icepick pushing through his back. He collapsed to the ground as Voxumo pulled his weapon out of Chro's corpse and lept over the bar, making a run for it.

iBrow, who had been sitting at a table behind the door too the chance to leap from his seat and attack Luroka, who had entered the bar. He used his Sledgehammer to start systematically breaking every bone in Luroka's body, as slowly and painfully as possible. As Luroka dropped to the ground, he dropped his Disk which he had intended to use to kill Chro. Would have worked too. Something which would also have worked was Kopekemaster's GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE, which he threw at Luroka from the stairwell he had hidden on. Since Luroka was currently in intense agony, the cookie did nothing but slightly irritate Voltex, as it happened to bounce off the back of his head. Burnmad then pushed past the crouched form of Kopekemaster and threw his Exploding Poisoned Sledgehammer at the corpse of Chro, which blew up the counter of the bar and incinerated Chro's body. 

Tyler, who had been running to the other side of the bar during all of this ducked behind some tables in a far corner and pulled a revolver from his jacket, but Pulse jumped through a window and cleaved him in half with a sword made from the virtual representation of everyone who's died previously (meaning Chro and Luroka). Shadowhawk then jumped past Pulse and ineffectually stabbed Tyler's dead body with a Stiletto Knife. Tyler had one last bit of life in him, however, as being virtual means you can still be alive after stuff like this occasionally. He barely managed to muster up the strength to pull the trigger on his gun, firing a bullet through Pulse's core and killing him instantly. Shadowhawk backed away from the body and into JAG18 who clobbered him with a Warhammer, battering his body and eventually killing him.

Meanwhile, Burnmad had fled back up the stairs. Kopekemaster started to follow him, but Axilus appeared from an upstairs room, brandishing a longsword. Kopekemaster started backing down the stairs, menaced by Axilus. Axilus lept off the stairs once he was close enough and charged at Kopekemaster but the Hunter jumped out of another window, evading Axilus and causing the robot to charge into the smouldering ruins of the counter area. Axilus decided to flee before his life became at risk, and the others followed suit.

Order of Events (As I received them. I swapped the occasional thing around to make the scene flow better)

Chro Failed to Kill Tyler with a Shotgun (Gun)

Voxumo Killed Chro with an Icepick (Sword)

iBrow Killed Luroka with a Sledgehammer

Kopekemaster Would Have Killed Luroka with a GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE (Disk)

Burnmad Would Have Killed Chro with a Exploding Poisoned Sledgehammer (Sword)

Pulse Killed Tyler with a Sword made out of those who have previously died (Sword)

Luroka Would Have Killed Chro with a Disk

Shadowhawk Would Have Killed Tyler with a Stiletto Knife (Sword)

JAG18 Killed Shadowhawk with a Warhammer (Sledgehammer)

Axilus Prime Failed to Kill Kopekemaster with a Longsword (Sword)

Tyler Killed Pulse with a Gun

Oh, and send your Targets for Night 2 by Saturday.

• Upvote 1

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I have a reputation to keep up Chro... I can't be going soft.

and apparently alot of people wanted you dead chro...

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 3

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I have a reputation to keep up Chro... I can't be going soft.

and apparently alot of people wanted you dead chro...

Luroka just doesn't like me and Burn's probably not happy about nobody falling for his chaos-mongering, directed at me, during phase 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'm surprised how many people are using Sledgehammers. I expected few people to try out the Disks, but nobody used Explosives (not counting the Explosive Poisoned Sledgehammer, as that was classed as a Sword) or Poison (again not counting the Explosive Poisoned Sledgehammer). At least that'll change next round :)

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

And what's my excuse for wanting you dead then chro?

There's an icepick-shaped notch in my skull that needs to be filled.

I liked how most of the fighting went on with groups of people, made it easier to structure.

It tends to work out nicely like that. When writing Hitman scenes I like to chain the kills together as much as possible.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

So far everyone has sent their profiles except Axilus and Shadowhawk. They have another day of course, so there's no issue there. Not like I can write the scene today anyway.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy