The Elder Scrolls - Ashfall: Discussion Topic

Perp

Ok so what is so bad about these cliff racers that it would be punishment to enlist them upon the player base at large?

f0103bf51c679f08f9e5feb814ac162e-d6e2u8o

If the GMs ever unleash Cliff Racers upon us... may Arkay have mercy on our souls.

Aw but they look so cute, like a mix between a dolphin and a Dimorphodon. Do they come in pocket sizes? Would an Argonian maybe have one as a pet? Prowl wants him one... Maybe call it "Polly"

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

They look cute, but that's until eight million of the Gods-forsaken things come swarming at you like a bat out of Oblivion.

Also, what's this talk about the Lingua Imperia? I thought everyone spoke Tamrielic.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Also, what's this talk about the Lingua Imperia? I thought everyone spoke Tamrielic.

As in 'lingua franca', but given that there's no France on Nirn I thought I'd tweak the phrase to be more lore-friendly. Cyrodiilic and Tamrielic are the same thing, and by referring to it thus, Kelh is actually pointing out the same thing you are: that one would expect people to speak it regardless of their culture.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

As in 'lingua franca', but given that there's no France on Nirn I thought I'd tweak the phrase to be more lore-friendly. Cyrodiilic and Tamrielic are the same thing, and by referring to it thus, Kelh is actually pointing out the same thing you are: that one would expect people to speak it regardless of their culture.

Also, not everyone spoke Tamrielic. Dunmeris is the official language and the dominant language of Morrowind, and - fun fact - judging by how everyone in TES3 goes out of their way to point out that you speak with a foreign accent, it's rather implied that it actually dominated there even among outlanders at the expense of Tamrielic even during the existence of the Septim Dynasty, or at least that you speak Dunmeris in the game, not Tamrielic.

Just random trivia nobody wants. You're welcome.

-Dovydas

Edited by Albannach
  • Upvote 1

Also, not everyone spoke Tamrielic. Dunmeris is the official language and the dominant language of Morrowind, and - fun fact - judging by how everyone in TES3 goes out of their way to point out that you speak with a foreign accent, it's rather implied that it actually dominated there even among outlanders at the expense of Tamrielic even during the existence of the Septim Dynasty, or at least that you speak Dunmeris in the game, not Tamrielic.

-Dovydas

I always thought it was the "foreigners-speaking-English" rule in that you just sound funny. In no game has it ever been mentioned that you're speaking Dunmeris, and most players (of Morrowind) don't RP a character that speakings Dunmeris (especially when there's an odd pun here or there.)

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

They look cute, but that's until eight million of the Gods-forsaken things come swarming at you like a bat out of Oblivion.

Cliff Racers were nearly wiped out after the eruption; none are seen in the north, and very rarely in the southern regions. Many have migrated to Cyrodiil.

Cliff Racers were nearly wiped out after the eruption; none are seen in the north, and very rarely in the southern regions. Many have migrated to Cyrodiil.[/size]

So allegedly one would not find a swarm out in the field but maybe they are underground in a nest where they are rebuilding their numbers for an invasion of the surface dwellers. Thus leaving the option for a plague if the player base gets too uncontrollable.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Name: Anguis Nathair.

Appearance: Of average height, with a slight build, purple-grey skin and ruby red eyes, Anguis’ beautiful appearance is marred by a puckered burn scar that adorns her left cheek, just below her eye. Similar, less severe scars can be found on her lower arms and parts of her hands. Being somewhat shy about her appearance, she’s let her black hair grow long, and usually wears it to the side to cover up her scar.

Race: Dunmer.

Loyalties/Faction(s): None, at present.

Abilities and Skills: Anguis excels at moving quickly and quietly, favouring tactics like stealth, speed and agility over brute strength.

Magical Abilities:

Power 1: telekinesis.

Power 2: heal self.  

Weapons: A purple-red glass cutlass, which once belonged to her father, as well as a half-dozen glass throwing knives in a bandolier across her chest.

Equipment: She dresses simply – a dark woollen shirt with leather pants and boots, and fingerless gloves on her hands. Over it all she wears a lightweight black cloak with crimson embroidery. 

Personality: A misfit. She finds it difficult to fit in anywhere, or open herself up to others. She usually keeps to herself, roaming in search of adventure or purpose.

Weakness(es): Because she doesn’t wear armour of any sort, she’s more vulnerable than most to all kinds of attacks. In addition, she isn’t very physically strong, and suffers from pyrophobia: the fear of fire. While she is generally comfortable around controlled flames – candles, torches, hearths, etc. anything more than that has the potential to make her panic or freeze up.

Biography: After the deaths of her parents, Anguis travelled to Shad Astula, and trained in the arcane arts for several years. The isolation was comforting for a time, but she eventually grew frustrated with the secrecy and left to explore the rest of the world. She fell in with the Camonna Tong, but the xenophobia and conservativism never sat well with her, and when she saw an opportunity to leave, she did so, making off with a handful of expensive gemstones and jewellery to fund her escape. Naturally, the group didn’t take kindly to being betrayed… 

Edited by Locus

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Cliff Racers were nearly wiped out after the eruption; none are seen in the north, and very rarely in the southern regions. Many have migrated to Cyrodiil.[/size]

So allegedly one would not find a swarm out in the field but maybe they are underground in a nest where they are rebuilding their numbers for an invasion of the surface dwellers. Thus leaving the option for a plague if the player base gets too uncontrollable.

OH GAWDS NAH!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

-Dovydas

I always thought it was the "foreigners-speaking-English" rule in that you just sound funny. In no game has it ever been mentioned that you're speaking Dunmeris, and most players (of Morrowind) don't RP a character that speakings Dunmeris (especially when there's an odd pun here or there.)

False. Go to that one tavern in Pelagiad. The Ashlander there says, explicitly, "you speak Old Elf, yes?" or something to that end, which we can logically assume to be Dunmeris, as the literal translation (Aldmeris) of that term doesn't make sense and I can't see people in Morrowind speaking Altmeris or Bosmeris or bloody Maormeris. What most players RP is none of Bethesda's business.

Also, as for "foreigners-speaking-English" as you put it (disregarding the fact that very few non-native speakers of English butcher it as bad as the average American), that's even moreso why the language everyone's speaking doesn't seem like it's Tamrielic. You can logically assume that a person from Cyrodiil would speak Tamrielic perfectly; but you can also assume that a person from Morrowind, who knows Tamrielic well enough, can speak it without his native accent too. And yet still everyone identifies you as an outlander. From your accent. That only makes sense if you don't speak ultra-fluently and yet everyone around you does. Finally, there's the plain fact that it's outright impossible that you could talk to literally everyone in the game without their language being essentially butchered if you only spoke Tamrielic. Some more low-born Dunmer who interact with outlanders less would definitely have a worse understanding of Tamrielic and would probably only know a few phrases. Really, lad, I know you pride yourself on your knowledge of lore, but all the evidence points to you most probably being wrong in this particular case.

But that's neither here nor there

Anguis approved x1, by the way

-Dovydas

Edited by Albannach

OH GAWDS NAH!

Oh gods yes.

I'll try and get a profile up after exams.

Fair enough. 

I've edited the profile to add in a third weakness. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Thanks.

Now.... any suggestions as to where I should start her off? 

Name: Blue

Species: Argonian

Appearance: Massive in stature, he stands at an intimidating height of 6’8 with a sculpted physique made up of lean, powerful muscle. The majority of his scales are a lighter shade of navy blue, with the exception of a few black and white accents, and his face bears qualities akin to that of a komodo dragon, though he still possesses two short horns at the base of his skull. Curiously, he has no tongue or rather there’s very little of it left, depriving him of speech, and his piercing silver eyes communicate just as little.

Loyalty: Himself

Abilities and skills: A physical specimen in his prime, he wields uncanny agility that does not befit his size, as well as immense strength that very few can hope to match. Despite being a self-trained warrior, he’s fierce and downright brutal in combat, if not a little awkward, resilience and determination probably being his greatest assets. Ironically, he’s also a wonderful cook.

Weapons: The classic sword and shield combo.

Equipment: A worn set of leather armour, minus the helmet, keeps him light on his feet.

Magical Abilities: Invisibility

Personality: For starters, Blue can’t talk. As a result, he’s often misunderstood and his solitary nature doesn’t help. Even when he communicates, it doesn’t extend beyond a few head motions, some nondescript facial expressions and a handful of vague hand gestures. If people can get past the stoic face however, they’ll see that he’s a genuinely nice guy with a good heart, and the few friends he does make usually end up having his undying loyalty. Unfortunately, years of slavery have made him cynical and distrustful of others, and he’s developed a repressed form of anger towards the Dunmer for his mistreatment.

Biography: Blue’s one of the very few Argonians born outside of Black Marsh and to not have been exposed to the Hist. He came into the world under an entirely different name, child to a pair of slaves that were on good terms with the owner of the farm. While life was never easy for him, things weren’t nearly as bad as they were for the other slaves since he often got to work in the house, performing chores such as cleaning and cooking. Apparently, he had a knack for the latter, so he was permanently assigned to the kitchens for a long time.

One night, slaves jealous of his privileged life broke into his family’s quarters and slaughtered his parents, only to finish the job by cutting out his tongue. Miraculously, he survived and the offenders were flogged to death as an example to all. Deemed unfit to work in the kitchen anymore, he went back to housecleaning duties, though depression had broken him down into a sorry state that sent him back to working the land as a result. A few years later, he hit a spectacular growth spurt and began to fill out in the final stages of his adolescence, making him a sought after prize by various slave owners. Eventually, he’d been sold to a wealthier, crueller man that lived in Narsis, and the times that followed were the hardest he would ever remember.

He was a young man by the time Morrowind abolished slavery, struggling to live an ordinary life among the people he hated so much. When the Accession War came to light, he joined the Argonian forces as a means for revenge, blaming the Dunmer for all the misery he’d been through. He started out relatively small, nothing more than some insignificant giant with a whole lot of hate for the Dunmer, but as the war efforts picked up steam, so did he. His infamy grew with each battle, amassing him a noteworthy reputation as one of the invaders’ most fearsome warriors. Regardless of the acknowledgement, he still was considered an outcast among his own people due to not being born of the Hist, knowing as little about their culture as they knew of him. Being a mute only further alienated him, and the feeling that he was truly alone had rooted itself deep into the core of his being. When the war came to an end, he refused to follow his kin back to Argonia, believing that he wouldn’t fit in there either. The only difference with Morrowind was that it was home; it was everything he knew, sadly.

Now, he wanders the land without purpose, having adopted the nickname ‘Blue’ due to its convenient and simplistic nature.

Weakness: Mute, big target, relies too much on his physical prowess instead of proper swordsmanship, cynical and distrustful, at a complete disadvantage in long range combat

Pretty sure I made a mistake in the bio somewhere...

Name: Galos Arano

Appearance: due to being one of the Mer, Galos is still in the prime of his life despite reaching what the Men would call Old Age. He has used this time well, having developed and maintained his physique ever since he reached adulthood. Well-toned muscles and a lean but still imposing build reflect Galos's health and physical prowess. Unfortunately, this is rarely seen due to him almost always wearing his suit of armor. He usually wears a monocle over his left eye.

Race: Dunmer

Loyalties/Faction(s): House Telvanni

Abilities and Skills: while technically retired, Galos still possesses the skills oft used by those individuals dubbed as "Nightblades". He is quite good at using magic as well as sneaking around.

Magical Abilities:

Power 1: Telekinesis

Power 2: Invisibility

Weapons: Steel Shortsword, Steel Dagger

Equipment: a complete set of Netch Leather Armor, a copy of The Book of Daedra

Personality: Stick. In. The. Mud. B O R I N G. N O S E N S E O F H U M O R. Serious to a fault and very uptight, Galos isn't exactly the kind of person one would go to the tavern and share a few drinks with. Instead, he's the kind of guy that one would go to the tavern to get away from. Dedicated to his studies and training, he leaves no time for fun, all of it being dedicated to work.

Weakness(es): Galos is not very good with any sort of weapon aside from daggers and one-handed swords. Notably, he has horrible aim (he will lose at darts. Every single time). This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that he is slightly cross-eyed. Or the fact that one of his eyes can't even see his hand in front of his face without his monocle.

Biography: Growing up as a member of House Telvanni, Galos was schooled in the arts of magic from an early age. Upon reaching adulthood, he ended up serving as an agent of the House as an assassin, serving those members above him in the house until an eye injury put him out of commission. Upon recovery, Galos decided to pursue more academic pursuits, though he still keeps his combat skills sharp.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Wow the Elder Scrolls has blown up... I seen the first few posts and they are long. 80 posts already, ouch..

Onua.png

Hey look, I decided to stop being lazy and, you know, actually make a profile. I hammered this out and didn't bother to do any editing, so if there's something wrong with it, that's why.

Name: K'Larn

Appearance: K'Larn, a Suthay standing at 5 feet and 3 and a half inches, has a thin coat of reddish-brown fur that reveal the black stripes on the top of his head and down his back. He is muscular in a wiry sort of way; he doesn't look intimidating, but he can throw a mean punch. He bears no scars or any other indicators of a rough life. He is often seen wearing leather armor and he occasionally dons a hood.

Race: Khajiit (Suthay, to be specific).

Loyalties/Factions: Thieves' Guild.

Abilities and Skills: Decent at close range combat, in which he prefers to use his natural claws as weapons. He is also proficient with the short bow at short and medium ranges. He is also fast and flexible, which helps him stay alive in fights due to his limited armor. This also helps him use his bow in close range fights. He occasionally dabbles in alchemy.

Magical Abilities: None.

Weapons: Two long daggers, a short bow, and a twenty arrow quiver on his lower back.

Equipment: Simple black leather armor, with additional hardened leather vambraces K'Larn sometimes uses for extra protection when fighting with his claws. A black hood. A small pack for storage of his hood, vambraces, a broken pipe, and items he steals.

Personality: Fairly easygoing, K'Larn tries to think positively. Negativity annoys him. He is not particularly fond of his occupation--her never steals for fun, only for contracts--but he makes the best of it. He doesn't like violence, but neither is he afraid to employ it to protect himself or, in some cases, others. He is not assertive and would rather avoid difficult decisions. He likes to have fun but will not touch alcohol for any reason whatsoever. Some of his fellow guild members even tease him for refusing to steal a bottle of expensive wine for a client, though he will not deny or confirm the validity of this claim.

Weaknesses: While he is a decent fighter, he is not a great one, and he is easily outmatched. His lack of substantial armor could prove to be detrimental to his health. He has been accused several times of being apathetic, which is not entirely untrue.

Biography: K'Larn's parents were brought to Morrowind as slaves. An Imperial soldier living in Morrowind spent quite a bit of money to purchase them, only to turn around and offer them freedom. The grateful Khajiit offered to stay on as household help in exchange for room and board, as well as the freedom to take the odd day off for themselves. The Imperial family agreed. K'Larn's parents proved to be trustworthy and effective. K'Larn was the Khajiit couple's second child, and he was raised in the Imperial family's home until the Oblivion Crisis. The family decided to leave Morrowind, while K'Larn's parents decided to stay.

Unfortunately, both of his parents died during the Argonian invasion following the Red Year. K'Larn and his older sister staid together for some time afterward, but difficulties with the Dunmer drove his sister to leave Morrowind. K'Larn tried to earn an honest living, but this proved difficult. Eventually, his only option was to use his natural abilities for the Thieves' Guild. He hopes to one day leave the guild, but for now, he is respected as a good, if not great, thief.

Edited by (Daedalus)

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I know the Thieves' Guild is weak--it says as much in the lore post--but if they are still strong enough to provide competition for the Camonna Tong, I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that they have an HQ, even if it's small.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn