Useless Knowledge

ToaTImeLord

The lizard people are working to take over the world as we speak and there's nothing we can do.

The U.S. air force and Canadian government attempted to build a flying saucer at Area 51, it was a colossal failure and ended up being completely uncontrollable as well as barely being able to fly.

Edited by Tahukan

:voyanui:

Speaking of lizard people taking over.

One of China's cities (I can't remember which one.) Is becoming a cashless society. No cash, no checks, no credit or debit cards.

Only online banking.

TimeLord's Mini Rant

Some facts included

Really a entire city where I can't even use loose change to buy a soda but have to whip out my phone have it send out a signal to the machine type a password show a photo ID. That's stupid.

First off individuals who carry cash are more likely to shop smarter because they can physically see how much they have.

Secondly the risk of hackers would be much higher do to individuals to be able to use phone scanners on public Wi-Fi to steal your account information.

Thirdly (this is how it ties into Lizard people.)

The Lizard people master plan is to eliminate all forms of currency to the point where money doesn't exist. This creates economic disaster by destroying economy as a global whole.

The Lizard people then show up and fix it by bringing back physical currency.

The Lizard People agenda came off of many different conspiracy websites.

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Bear fighting is illegal in Canada.

An add-on to what TimeLord said:

The elimination of bear fighting was the 4th step of a 10 step plan to further strengthen their animal army for the eventual takeover.

Once their plan comes to fruition and all animal violence is illegal when all the Kangaroo punchers have stopped, and all the lion hunters have ceased hunting they will begin.

First, the animals will leave and congregate in increasingly larger groups as they await the Lizard people to burrow up from the ground, once they arrive the animals will form a moving pathway upon which the Lizard people will glide into homes and take them over.

This will be the beginning of the end.

Edited by Tahukan

Lizard people insanity among other ilk brings taint to the words "Conspiracy Theory", observations of real things occurring, but are actively being covered up or sideshowed by distractions.

Here is a useless fact. There is a doomsday cult that regards itself as a conspiracy theory but its foundations are contrary to such and are based off of the following: In the 1990's a guy wanted to make the US currency based on material goods once more instead of mere baseless currency based off of a strong economy, but he was denied a hearing to propose his ideas named the National Economic Security and Recovery Act (NESARA) before appropriate authorities. That should have been it, but lunacy sprouted from it in the form of people making "theories" on that NESARA is the codewors for the announcement of a new one world government as devised by humanoid dromeosaurids who are in some space fiasco and they sent a messenger in ancient times who took the form of a man, Jesus Christ, according to them he was a military leader among these space dinos. They taught that the NESARA announcement and the bliss to come from it was going to be announced during the administration of George W. Bush, but as there has now been quite some time since then, all the NESARA cultists can do is say "any day now!"

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I already asked that conspiracy theory discussion stop. Ignoring that and posting both conspiracy theory and religious discussion isn't okay. It stops now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

I already asked that conspiracy theory discussion stop. Ignoring that and posting both conspiracy theory and religious discussion isn't okay. It stops now.

From the BZPower Rules and Guidelines:

Religious sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes quotes from the Bible, Koran, or other religious publications, as well as statements or sigs such as "Jesus Loves You" or "Proud to be a Christian."

Political sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes other topics related to politics such as abortion or gun control as well as any statement promoting or insulting certain political ideologies.

Please read the BZPower rules before continuing to post.

• Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I highly doubt that merely mentioning Jesus makes a post a religious post.  Which is what Iaredios did.  He merely mentioned Jesus.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt that merely mentioning Jesus makes a post a religious post. Which is what Iaredios did. He merely mentioned Jesus.

He did mention a conspicuously theory.

Also as topic creator I ask you guys to stop before they lock the topic.

To move away from that then here's something interesting I learned the other day, the early versions of YouTube required you to be signed to a network to use custom thumbnails and channel art, it was the main draw to partnering up and signing away a sum of your income, if you had fancy art and flashy thumbnails you would naturally increase the number of viewers/subs you'd get. Now that everyone has access to this and much more the main allure of networks is that big channels are members or they're a small network devoted to helping you, most, however, are just in it to take a share of your ad revenue.

To surmise, the once essential YouTube network system is now more or less a money machine to take advantage of those who don't know any better with few exceptions.

Edited by Tahukan
  • Upvote 1

maybe you should read your own link. "freedom of speech" only means the government can't limit or punish you for what you say. it has nothing to do with privately-owned institutions and the rules they choose to make.

• Upvote 1

"freedom of speech" only means the government can't limit or punish you for what you say. it has nothing to do with privately-owned institutions and the rules they choose to make.

You can't post that here. That's a useful fact.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

"freedom of speech" only means the government can't limit or punish you for what you say. it has nothing to do with privately-owned institutions and the rules they choose to make.

Fun fact:

Martin Van Buren (in office 1837–1841), did not speak English as his first language. It was Dutch.

• Upvote 1

Fun fact:

Martin Van Buren (in office 1837–1841), did not speak English as his first language. It was Dutch.

Van Buren was also the first president born after the Revolution, that is to say, technically the first president born in the US.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, would you look at that? It's the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Protestant Reformation. 

It's also Halloween, or All Hallow's Eve. 

According to certain folklore, Halloween marks the time when the barriers between the realms of the living and the spiritual are the lowest, meaning that restless spirits could freely visit the places they seek their desires. On this night, spirits were said to wreak havoc on those who did not comply with their wishes. This belief would later be transformed into a more celebratory and friendly practice, something you might know as "Trick-or-treating." Also, squashes and other vegetables with faces drawn on them were used to ward off said spirits by means of tricking them, which we know today as Jack-O-Lanterns.  

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

• 4 weeks later...

• In 1947, after the price of a chocolate bar increased from 5 cents to 8 cents, 200 kids marched and protested on the capitol building in British Columbia, shutting down the government for a day.  This event is known as the "Candy Bar Strike."

The Declaration of Independence is written on hemp paper.

More calories are used up eating a piece of celery than the number of calories actually in the celery.

Nepal is the only country in the world to not have a rectangular flag.

"Bookkeeper" is the only word in the English language with three consecutive double letters.

A group of kangaroos is called a mob.

Every year, in the UK, 4 people die putting their pants on.

• Upvote 1

• Nepal is the only country in the world to not have a rectangular flag.

Switzerland's flag is a square, not a rectangle.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Yes but a parallelogram is not a rectangle but it's still a quadrilateral.

Correct.  A parallelogram (a shape with two pairs of parallel sides) is a type of quadrilateral (a shape with four sides), and is the super-type to a rectangle (a parallelogram with four right angles).  And a square is a rectangle in which all the sides are equal in length.

Those facts were actually useful.

• 3 weeks later...

• Certain fireflies emit a light so penetrating it can pass through flesh and wood.

When an egg floats in water, it is "off" and should not be eaten.

"I" is the most spoken word in the English language.

A human stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.

Children grow faster in the springtime.

The phrase "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" dose not appear in any monolithic holy book.

Untrue, that idea is in the Bible.

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (I Corinthians 10:13)

I can't speak as to whether or not this idea appears in the Tanakh, Qur'an, or any other holy texts.

• Upvote 2

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

The phrase "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" dose not appear in any monolithic holy book.

Untrue, that idea is in the Bible.

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (I Corinthians 10:13)

I can't speak as to whether or not this idea appears in the Tanakh, Qur'an, or any other holy texts.

I meant the actual phrase.

I knew the idea is in the Bible but the saying most think is a direct quote is more of a paraphrase.

Tangentially related to the previous topic, Captain Kirk never says "Beam me up, Scotty," verbatim, in the original Star Trek. Similarly, Darth Vader's famous line is, "No, I am your father," not, "Luke, I am your father." Vader's "No" in the actual quote makes sense in context, because Luke and Vader are having a discussion.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

The Persian Gulf was once an oasis valley with a couple of lakes and four rivers running through (two Iraqi, two Arabian), but due to the end of the last great ice age, was flooded by a combination of intense river flooding and the Indian Ocean breaking a narrow natural dam.

Edited by The Hip Historian Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

• Due to map distortion, the country of Greenland is drawn larger than the entire continent of South America.

Brazil borders every country on the South American mainland except for Ecuador and Chile.

*The Gulf of Mexico borders more of the US than Mexico. It did border more of Mexico when it was names.

*After "liberating" the Baltic states (Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia) from Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union forced them to become Soviet republics. Russia only acknowledged the actions as illegal invasions decades later.

*Nazi Germany's title of "Third Reich" is a reference to the two major German states that preceded it: the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times, and the German Empire founded by Otto von Bismarck in 1871 and dismantled in 1918 after being defeated in World War I. In the German language, both WWI-era Germany and the Nazi state were referred to as "Deutsches Reich," literally "German Empire." In English, the word "Reich" is primarily only used in reference to the Nazis due to its negative connotation.

*Cats have whiskers on their paws as well. Whiskers are extra sensitive and help the cat navigate in dark or cramped spaces.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

In 1901, New York became the first state to register automobiles; by 1918 all states required license plates. States were slower to require licenses for drivers. Only 39 states issued them by 1935 and few required a test, despite widespread concern about incompetent drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

*The Gulf of Mexico borders more of the US than Mexico. It did border more of Mexico when it was names.

*After "liberating" the Baltic states (Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia) from Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union forced them to become Soviet republics. Russia only acknowledged the actions as illegal invasions decades later.

*Nazi Germany's title of "Third Reich" is a reference to the two major German states that preceded it: the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times, and the German Empire founded by Otto von Bismarck in 1871 and dismantled in 1918 after being defeated in World War I. In the German language, both WWI-era Germany and the Nazi state were referred to as "Deutsches Reich," literally "German Empire." In English, the word "Reich" is primarily only used in reference to the Nazis due to its negative connotation.

*Cats have whiskers on their paws as well. Whiskers are extra sensitive and help the cat navigate in dark or cramped spaces.

Unless you are a historian and separate Reich from Nazi Germany. I never get to talk about German history (lest it be a Prussian reference), so here is my chance!

The First Reich was the Holy Roman Empire, a successor to the Frankish Empire claiming inheritance of Charlemagne's coronation as the new occidental Emperor of the Romans (which at that time to be Roman Emperor was interpreted to mean Emperor of all Christians, but this new version being under the western Universal/Catholic doctrine). Despite this claim of inheritance, the Frankish Empire and the Holy roman Empire are effectively not the same thing as greater Frankia (the Frankish Empire) split into three states following the Treaty of Verdun (West Frankia, East Frankia, Middle Frankia, which would respectively later and effectively become France, Germany/the Holy Roman Empire, and Italy)

The Second Reich is known as the German Empire (Prussia evolved into a super-state while still existing inside it's new empire) that became a paradoxical progressive yet imperialist monarchy that was effectively ruined by the mentally unstable Wilhelm II Hohenstaufen and the First World War that resulted in revolution.  However, the radical nationalist propaganda that fostered under Wilhelm II would survive and become ultra-extremist by Adolf Hitler with his Third Reich.

The Holy Roman Empire (HRE) was founded by Kaiser Otto the Great in 962 as a reformation of Charlemagne's fractured Frankish Carolignian 'Roman Empire', later the state turning from an electorate monarchy into a confederacy following the death of Kaiser Frederick II Hohenstaufen in 1250, a period of anarchy, and the declaration of the Golden Bull of 1356. After this, Austria and its Hapsburg dynasty controlled the HRE either directly or indirectly. With the 1648 Treaty of Westphalia, and the rise of Prussia weakening Kaiser authority in the 1700's, the Holy Roman Empire finally collapsed in 1806 because of Napoleon Bonaparte's victory at the Battle of Austerlitz and the French Emperor's establishment of the satellite-state the Confederacy of the Rhine, bringing to a close a state of almost a thousand years. The last Holy Roman Kaiser Francis II Hapsburg went on to create the HRE's direct successor state the Austrian Empire (that would later reform into Austria-Hungary of World War 1 fame).

Useless fact: Despite being called the German Empire, it did not wholly unify the German states, as the Austrian Empire already existed and was powerful. In order to keep the name while not undermining authority, the German Empire would call itself ( in diplomatic matters with Austria) the Empire of Northern Germany or Protestant Germany as a compromise, as Austria was also German, was to the south, and was Catholic.

Edited by The Hip Historian Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Pineapples eat you back.

Pineapples contain a acid designed to break down proteins. The tingly sensation while eating a pineapple is this acid melting the outer most layer of protein in your mouth.

Basically it's dissolving your mouth and the fruits flesh then absorbs the dissolved protein particulars.

So it dose actually eat you back.

I love European history, but pineapples > European history.

Just listened to the Beauty and the Beast filmmaker commentary. A few gems:

*The Beast's voice actor was chosen for being able to covey his humanity, unlike the other candidates who only voiced him as beastly

*The song "Beauty and the Beast," during the iconic dance, was almost longer, but the songwriter admitted he could think of no more rhymes for "beast"

*The filmmakers followed the general rule of "whenever possible, hit LeFou"

*The three women who fawn over Gaston were actually portrayed by only two voice actresses

*The deer and birds seen in the opening shot were reused assets from Bambi, originally released 49 times

*John Musker's three rules of comedy (funny face, hit in the head, pants dropping) were all used by Maurice in his introductory scene

Edited by Master Inika

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg