Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

Important Information Post:

D3 is going to be rebooted, now that things have been figured out.

Characters/LCs/SCs will be discussed later.

At this point, some specific voting is required.

Here are the subjects that I need voting on.

Gaming Abstractions:

Levels, inventory system, 'EXP', things like that

Xanis or Chimoru:

Xanis has the much more preferable option of poseability, making action scenes much more interesting and diverse.

Chimoru has mostly custom-built poses, and is a little more difficult to make custom built poses, but also is six-shade.

Just because I've already made Chimoru R sheets doesn't mean that's a reason to keep using it, I can always just quickly make some Xanis sheets. I'm mostly neutral on the kit decision, but I'm leaning towards Xanis because, although I like Chimoru, I will admit it's used quite a lot and it might be interesting to have a Xanis comic, seeing how they're not nearly as common.

Names

I've got a few already:

Disasters Rebirth

Dents, Dings and Disasters v2 (D3v2?)

Dents, Dings and Disasters Rebirth?

Disastrous Chaos

Disastrous Rebirth?

Disasters Reborn?

OTHER: Vote and send in your own suggestion, but make sure you also include one of the above.

...Or, we could just still stick with Dents, Dings and Disasters...

Please vote on these subjects, in order to give me feedback on how the development of the comic should go. The comic is based on community feedback, and it's not changing now.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

All right then, time to put in my opinions for the vote.

Gaming abstractions are more suited for comedy. As this is closely tied to the UCS and stuff, I think they'd be a bad idea.

As for Xanis vs Chimoru, I don't dislike Xanis, at least not the way I dislike RZMIK, but I do prefer Chimoru. It's not the shading, it's just that it's more accurate and detailed. Plus custom-making poses really isn't that hard if you separate it at all the joints. I never once had a problem with doing that, unless you're making 90 degree bend poses so you can save them in Paint. I don't actually save my poses, so if you do, you might have another reason for Xanis. But if we're getting technical with the votes, I vote for Chimoru. It just looks...better.

Well, as for a name, Disasters Rebirth sounds cool. But I do have a custom suggestion, that being Disasters Evolved. (It's not just because of Halo, don't worry. It just sounds cooler to me.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I think Gaming abstractions should be limited, maybe just inventory or a backpack with limited space.

As for the name, I was thinking D3E, or D3 Evolutions.

I think Xanis, because epic actions scenes are a big part of why this comic is so cool IMO.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Gaming Abstractions:

No, I don't think there should be any. It makes the series too quirky and I think it would only work for comedy. It makes more sense to focus on the story than on making the comic more, I don't know, (cute?). I don't know if you catch my drift, but in short I think you should take them out.

Xanis or Chimoru:

I'm not a Chimoru fanboy and it's not that I can't respect kits other than Chimoru, but I would rather see your series continue to use chimoru r. The shading and masks are far better than Xanis. I think Xanis poses are nice and all, but the faces and eyes aren't suitable for this series, in my opinion. I have to say, I would much rather you use Xanis over my most hated kit,RZMIK, but I think Chimoru is the way to go. Plus, if you wan't to pose Chimoru R< just use the separated joints and put them together at angles you want in GIMP or Photoshop like Gavla does. I think it works nicely for him.

Names:

I think you should go with D3v2 or D3 rebirth. It stays an homage to you original series and lets everybody know it is a reboot rather than a separate series.

sig2_0.png

Xanis or Chimoru:

I'm not a Chimoru fanboy and it's not that I can't respect kits other than Chimoru, but I would rather see your series continue to use chimoru r. The shading and masks are far better than Xanis. I think Xanis poses are nice and all, but the faces and eyes aren't suitable for this series, in my opinion. I have to say, I would much rather you use Xanis over my most hated kit,RZMIK, but I think Chimoru is the way to go. Plus, if you wan't to pose Chimoru R< just use the separated joints and put them together at angles you want in GIMP or Photoshop like Gavla does. I think it works nicely for him.

Personally, I prefer Xanis due to the fact that it is much more customizable - yes, you can do the same with Chimoru, but it can be a bit confusing with some of the choices being a tad strange. Yes, Xanis is only 4-shade, but I prefer the flexibility I can use with it over Chimoru, whose smaller size can make things look unfortunately... clunky. And I might be animating some panels, and I will have a lot more choices and fluidity with Xanis. I'm likely going to use Xanis, but any further votes from anyone else would be appreciated. Voting will be wrapped up soon.

Sisen said:

Important Information Post:

D3 is going to be rebooted, now that things have been figured out.

Characters/LCs/SCs will be discussed later.

At this point, some specific voting is required.

Here are the subjects that I need voting on.

Gaming Abstractions:

Levels, inventory system, 'EXP', things like that

Xanis or Chimoru:

Xanis has the much more preferable option of poseability, making action scenes much more interesting and diverse.

Chimoru has mostly custom-built poses, and is a little more difficult to make custom built poses, but also is six-shade.

Just because I've already made Chimoru R sheets doesn't mean that's a reason to keep using it, I can always just quickly make some Xanis sheets. I'm mostly neutral on the kit decision, but I'm leaning towards Xanis because, although I like Chimoru, I will admit it's used quite a lot and it might be interesting to have a Xanis comic, seeing how they're not nearly as common.

Names

I've got a few already:

Disasters Rebirth

Dents, Dings and Disasters v2 (D3v2?)

Dents, Dings and Disasters Rebirth?

Disastrous Chaos

Disastrous Rebirth?

Disasters Reborn?

OTHER: Vote and send in your own suggestion, but make sure you also include one of the above.

...Or, we could just still stick with Dents, Dings and Disasters...

Please vote on these subjects, in order to give me feedback on how the development of the comic should go. The comic is based on community feedback, and it's not changing now.

Although I found the gaming abstractions entertaining in the beginning, it was mainly when your comic was just a silly adventure comic. Now this comic feels like a whole adventurous saga and I don't feel that the gaming abstractions really suit the comic anymore. Sure they're entertaining every now and then, but I think that you should lose the gaming abstractions. If you wanna keep things like inventory then you should remember that Matoran, Toa and Turaga can somehow pull weapons from their back which makes inventory obviously still there.

I do like the level system although not for the main characters. I think that it would be better for enemies. Almost like ranking the enemies in a level of dangerousness. Such as "Heat Bohrok - Level 4 (dangerousness)" How the main characters would determine dangerousness I don't know, maybe a scanner thing. But anyway, I think that gaming abstractions shouldn't be used in this series anymore. It works better without them so far anyway.

I don't have a specific choice here. Chimoru R is a more detailed and 'serious' looking kit and so far in your comics works out looking really good. Xanis though, although not as detailed, can also pull off a serious look to it (without the facial expressions), and as you said, its pose ability is quite good and its a more fluid kit for animation than Chimoru R. If I had to pick a kit out of the two, I would have to say Xanis.

Its hard to pick a name since most of them are very similar with just one word difference. I am voting all the names with 'rebirth' in it. If I can't vote for multiple ones then just fill in a random one with 'rebirth' in it. I also just simply like Dents, Dings, and Disasters. I much prefer actually Dents, Dings, and Disasters: Rebirth. D3R or D3:Rebirth.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Xanis would really be a turn off for me. If you have to go with Xanis, at least don't use those stupid mouth expressions.
I rarely every use them - and when I do, they're gratituously undersized to make them look less... comical. More to look like the characters are actually opening their mouths, in which case I can perhaps do a couple of test comics to see what it looks like with/without mouths. Okay, more development and whatnot. I'm continuing to think over it, and at this point, I may use Chimoru for ordinary comics, and Xanis for animations. It's all dependent on this next point: Otherwise, my main problem that's halting progress is my lack of correct mask for this new Leraku. Specifically, the Volitak(Nuparu Mahri). It's going to either take a good amount of work to make a decent-looking Xanis one, or someone ends up making me one (which I would appreciate). So either way, this entire thing is going to take some time. Also, I might need help with backgrounds in the future, as the ones that I currently have been making for D3 are... incredibly mediocre.

Sisen said:

• 1 month later...

It should just be a normal comic, take mine for example, I do funny stuff, and then serious stuff, funny stuff, serious stuff, ect. it would not be as stressful to you, or as flippin hard to read as this. drag'n'drop. bam, comic.

yea, use any of the folowing: chimoru R, chimoru Kal, or chimoru omega. oh, or razor.

happy comic making.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

It should just be a normal comic, take mine for example, I do funny stuff, and then serious stuff, funny stuff, serious stuff, ect. it would not be as stressful to you, or as flippin hard to read as this. drag'n'drop. bam, comic.

yea, use any of the folowing: chimoru R, chimoru Kal, or chimoru omega. oh, or razor.

happy comic making.

While this is decent comic advice on it's own... I will not be accepting it. Sorry.

See, D3 is meant to be for the most part serious, and a most certainly not normal/ordinary comic. Community input, twists, all sorts of things - It's not even that stressful, per se. And I will agree that before it was somewhat hard to read - But, D3:R will be more thought out, now that I've figured out what it will be. Before, it was much more confusing since I was trying to decide what kind of comic it would be. This voting has helped with that process. I'm going to be using Xanis, in fact I already have the first two panels of the prologue comic completed. There will be 1-2 more panels, and they will take the same style as previous comics in D3.

I appreciate your suggestions, but I have already begun work and unfortunately your advice doesn't exactly apply. But thank you, nonetheless.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

• 3 weeks later...

As the arrival of D3:R is upon us, I would like this topic to be locked, and left to be used as an old record of past trials, mistakes, and good times. It is time to move on, and weave a new story.

However, please allow me to create the new topic first so I can leave a link or two here leading to the new one.

EDIT: Go ahead and lock it. The link is: HERE

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...