The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

True. Although idk if they completely fit the deathcore tag they were given, I always thought The Agony Scene were pretty first-rate, but that's probably just me.seriously though, have you at least heard Chimaira's self-titled album? I can give you "second-rate" and "boring" on a lot of what they've done since, but that album is one of my favorite groove albums ever. it has Kevin Talley on drums, which is a huge plus and probably the reason it's as good as it is. Nothing Remains is a beast of a song.

Edited by Eucliwood

Are Led Zeppelin metal? Most of what I've listened to by them doesn't sound particularly metal-ish.

If anything, they were proto-metal. They're known for pioneering the genre, but today it sounds more hard rock. I personally wouldn't say they are metal though.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I just bought the Play Your Old Stuff compilation by Underoath, which is basically just The Changing of Times, They're Only Chasing Safety, and Define the Great Line in a three-disc set.I feel foolish.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I just bought the Play Your Old Stuff compilation by Underoath, which is basically just The Changing of Times, They're Only Chasing Safety, and Define the Great Line in a three-disc set.I feel foolish.-Teezy

remember when underoath was kind of black metalremember when they wrote lulzy lyrics about abortion?i miss those days
nhsYE.jpg

remember when underoath was kind of black metalremember when they wrote lulzy lyrics about abortion?i miss those days
"I Got Ten Friends and a Crowbar That Says You Ain't Gonna Do Jack"Now they're just writing songs about God over and over and over.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

^Join the club.So, a general question: what are your favourite releases this year so far?For me the only stand out album so far has been the new High On Fire, but the two tracks from the new Paradise Lost smell of album of the year material for me. Just over 2 weeks until it's out...

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

The new Overkill was pretty fantastic, one of their best IMO. Not a whole lot has come out yet that interests me, even outside metal.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

wait, did you guys actually think i was serious? lolin' at your gullibilityalso rarity new Job For A Cowboy is fantastic, listening to it nonstopso is the new Disfiguring The Goddess, slammin sickness at its finestbest albums this year imo: Aborted, JFAC, Wretched, Veil Of Maya, Every Time I Die, Emmure, Everything Went Black, and Beneath The Massacre

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

i never got the hype over overkill. dat vocalist ruins everything for me

quite the contrary for me good sir
Seconded. Blitz' voice is one of my favourites.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.