Doctor Who. Official!

Yeah! It occurs to me that Colin Baker, David Tennant and Peter Capaldi all had a role in the show before actually becoming the Doctor.

Several other actors/actresses have been re-used too:

• Karen Gillan - was the Soothsayer in 04x02 and later Amelia Pond in s5+
  • Freema Agyeman - was Adeola who worked at Torchwood in 02x12-13 and later Martha Jones in s3
  • Nicholas Courtney - was Bret Vyon in The Daleks' Master Plan and later was Alasdair Lethbridge-Stewart
  • John Levene - was a Cyberman, later played the Yeti in Web of Fear, then played Sergeant Benton
  • Chipo Chung - was Chantho, then an assistant in Utopia, then the fortune teller in Turn Left
  • Ellen Thomas - was Carmen in Planet of the Dead, and the clockwork woman in The Girl in the Fireplace
  • Alexander Armstrong - voiced Mr. Smith and played Reg Arwell in The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
  • Mark Gatiss - played Professor Lazarus in The Lazarus Experiment, was a spitfire pilot in Victory of the Daleks and A Good Man Goes To War, played Gantok in The Wedding of River Song, and is the main scriptwriter for Doctor Who since the 1990s and Sherlock.

There's more too...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

For my birthday, should i get Voyager or Spiral Scratch?

I wanna get voyager because Frobisher, and spiral scratch because it sounds really good.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Oh by the way I have an awesome new desktop wallpaper that I thought I'd share. It's the Doctor's name in Gallifreyan.

xygB3TH.png

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I've got a reddit one based of the cyberman-episdoe-which-i-cant-remeber-the-name-of-but-has-mr-clever.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

First shot of Twelve in his official costume! Linking because it's a bit large.

http://imgur.com/SGZEW9t

I'll need to see him in action to get a better idea, but by and large I like it.

BBC comments:

The Doctor has a new look as Peter Capaldi’s era officially begins. In a picture released today by the BBC, Capaldi can be seen in the costume that will define his time as the Twelfth Time Lord in one of TV’s biggest roles. Sporting a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt as well as black Dr. Marten shoes, the look was created by Doctor Who costume designer Howard Burden.

Commenting on his costume, Peter Capaldi said: “He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord.” While lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat added: “New Doctor, new era, and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over - Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!”

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yeah! It occurs to me that Colin Baker, David Tennant and Peter Capaldi all had a role in the show before actually becoming the Doctor.

Several other actors/actresses have been re-used too:

• Karen Gillan - was the Soothsayer in 04x02 and later Amelia Pond in s5+
  • Freema Agyeman - was Adeola who worked at Torchwood in 02x12-13 and later Martha Jones in s3
  • Nicholas Courtney - was Bret Vyon in The Daleks' Master Plan and later was Alasdair Lethbridge-Stewart
  • John Levene - was a Cyberman, later played the Yeti in Web of Fear, then played Sergeant Benton
  • Chipo Chung - was Chantho, then an assistant in Utopia, then the fortune teller in Turn Left
  • Ellen Thomas - was Carmen in Planet of the Dead, and the clockwork woman in The Girl in the Fireplace
  • Alexander Armstrong - voiced Mr. Smith and played Reg Arwell in The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
  • Mark Gatiss - played Professor Lazarus in The Lazarus Experiment, was a spitfire pilot in Victory of the Daleks and A Good Man Goes To War, played Gantok in The Wedding of River Song, and is the main scriptwriter for Doctor Who since the 1990s and Sherlock.

There's more too...

Oh yes, you missed out Bernard Cribbins - he was in one of the Peter Cushing movies before appearing as Wilfred in the new series.

~ CHTrilogy

The reviews for the series 8 dvd preorder are great.

Peter Capaldi regenerates into Steven Moffat.

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*bump*

Let just say that putting the classic doctors with twitter is pure gold. (:

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Pi day in America!

Over here its Pi month sooo. XD

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Can someone start a DW RPG in COT? Please?

edit: no one has posted in 20-21 days. we need to fix this.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 3 months later...

Can someone start a DW RPG in COT? Please?

edit: no one has posted in 20-21 days. we need to fix this.

Found this online:

doctors_and_daleks.jpg

Also: Did anyone else watch Capaldi in the premier of The Musketeers tonight on BBCA? (Anyone in the UK already see it?) I quite enjoyed both his performance and the show.

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I don't really watch the muskteers, although it does sound really cool.

Anyway I'm currently watching Fives era from the start of the toulough trilodgy and im up to frontios. I want a turlough.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

i heard somewhere that mark strikson (turlough) is actually blond and that frazier hines is actually english.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

i heard somewhere that mark strikson (turlough) is actually blond and that frazier hines is actually english.

.....wait wut?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Looks like nobody else shared this:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

We're too busy trying to figure out if it's Davros speaking or not.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

"This video is not available in your country"

I'm sorry, why would a trailer for a British show be unavailable in it's own country...?

Because BBC America posted it. Try this one.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Kinda disappointing that they only showed his hearts in the X-ray, when of course the burning question on everyone's minds is what his kidneys look like.

We have to petition Moffat to somehow show his Kidneys.

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

As a heads up: scripts for the first five episodes have leaked online, so watch where you step when it comes to Who discussion.  And if you read said scripts and really want to talk about them, have the courtesy to use spoiler tags.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

As a heads up: scripts for the first five episodes have leaked online, so watch where you step when it comes to Who discussion.  And if you read said scripts and really want to talk about them, have the courtesy to use spoiler tags.

I'm actually hoping the BBC puts an embargo on those before I see them.

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I'm actually hoping the BBC puts an embargo on those before I see them.

They kind of did. Not the usual "don't leak or else" but more of just a courteous request to ask them not to be shared. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28201577

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I noticed this when reading a Doctor Who Magazine special on Cybermen, (talking about Neil Gaiman)

"My favourite little scene didn't  get shot," says Gaiman, referring to the web-connected nature of the new Cybermen. "Right at the end, a little Cybermite has survived, its light flashing as it beams information. There was a draft where we follow the beam to Cyberman headquarters, somewhere far off in space, where all sorts of different models of Cybermen essentially sit around a round table, going, 'Okay, now we know what the Doctor is.' The one at the head of the table would have been a Tenth Planet cloth-faced Cyberman."

Well that would have made that a lot cooler of an episode. =P

• Upvote 2

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I noticed this when reading a Doctor Who Magazine special on Cybermen, (talking about Neil Gaiman)

"My favourite little scene didn't  get shot," says Gaiman, referring to the web-connected nature of the new Cybermen. "Right at the end, a little Cybermite has survived, its light flashing as it beams information. There was a draft where we follow the beam to Cyberman headquarters, somewhere far off in space, where all sorts of different models of Cybermen essentially sit around a round table, going, 'Okay, now we know what the Doctor is.' The one at the head of the table would have been a Tenth Planet cloth-faced Cyberman."

I hope they reincorporate that scene into the next cyberman episode, 'cause that would be so cool to see. I love references to past Doctor Who stuff, especially old models of the baddies, like the old Daleks in the Asylum, or the old Cyberman heads as museum pieces in Series 1 and in Day of the Doctor. I was always wondering what exactly the flashing cybermite represented, so I'm we finally know that it was intended to be relaying information to somewhere else :)

I saw a lil' video recording of the filming of a series 8 episode, and I don't really wanna spoil anything mostly 'cause I'm not sure what the context even was but it involved the Doctor and a spoon and it looked amazing :P So I'm pretty pumped for the new series.

As far as the "I see into your soul" trailer, if it ain't Davros I'm thinking it's the Prime Minister Dalek from the Asylum episode 'cause it sounded like the same voice to me. I do hope it's Davros though. 

I'm pretty much excited for every rumor/leak that's going around 'cause everything sounds amazing ^^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I hope they reincorporate that scene into the next cyberman episode, 'cause that would be so cool to see. I love references to past Doctor Who stuff, especially old models of the baddies, like the old Daleks in the Asylum, or the old Cyberman heads as museum pieces in Series 1 and in Day of the Doctor. I was always wondering what exactly the flashing cybermite represented, so I'm we finally know that it was intended to be relaying information to somewhere else :)

I saw a lil' video recording of the filming of a series 8 episode, and I don't really wanna spoil anything mostly 'cause I'm not sure what the context even was but it involved the Doctor and a spoon and it looked amazing :P So I'm pretty pumped for the new series.

As far as the "I see into your soul" trailer, if it ain't Davros I'm thinking it's the Prime Minister Dalek from the Asylum episode 'cause it sounded like the same voice to me. I do hope it's Davros though. 

I'm pretty much excited for every rumor/leak that's going around 'cause everything sounds amazing ^^

I was more interested in a certain Cyberman's cloth-covered head. =P

Edited by RG Zehvor

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

...David Tennant had a role in the show before becoming Doctor? When and which episode?

"Scream of the Shalka". Animated webcast from '03.

think he was also in a few BF audios.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

there were dinosaurs in the trailer which means adric coming back!

speaking of adric, wasnt matthew waterhouse 20 or something when he was playing him?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

The first full trailer is out!

I'm sooo excited, partly because the time rotor or whatever its called is yellow-orange now, and also Im excited cause Capaldi looks INCREDIBLE. And everything just looks sooo cool Im very excited ^^

Is it just me or did I see a robot from a fourth doctor episode whose name escapes me at the moment?

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

You might be thinking of the Robots of Death, RG. 

I can see how you'd arrive at the conclusion that they look similar, but the robots there looked a little more humans in terms of their 'face' compared to this silvery robot, and were a bit more green IIRC. This robot has seemed to have bit of a purple light in its forehead? 

Also, dinosaur in what appears to be London.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.