To Save The World!

IC: (NPC - Dream World)The sword strike whisked through thin air; one moment the man was there, the next he simply...wasn't. He reappeared a dozen feet away, arms crossed and nodding slightly. "Arrogance in the face of fear," he said quietly. "Aggression. Maybe you'll be of some use to the Coalition after all." He idly swiped two fingers in Crystal's direction, and a horde of invertebrates emerged from the shadows on the far end of the room. Every type of creepy-crawly known to man - including a few that had clearly come from the depths of the man's black imagination - surged across the floor toward Crystal, the chittering of millions of legs skittering against the floor echoing through the room.~Lord Rahl~

IC: CrystalCrystal had never been afraid of a bug in her life, until now. The idea of all those...things crawling all over her was enough to make her want to scream.Something inside her, snapped. Her emerald eyes began to glow. Her power to 'eat' dreams, or absorb as some may call it, began to take control of her. It was the one aspect of her power she still did not understand, or had any real control of. "No..no...what have you done, I can't....control....this."She felt her knees, and began screaming as her power absorbed the creepy-crawlers, the floor, the walls, and even the air of the place, it was like they were being ripped into tiny black pieces and sucked into Crystal, leaving an empty void where that part of the dream world had been.Her power continued to absorb more and more of the structure even after all the crawlers were gone, she couldn't stop it, she didn't even know how."I-can't-" She struggled to speak. "I-can't...stop-this....help...me...Nathan..."-------------------------Meanwhile in the Coalition base, if Negafire hadn't been asleep, he would have noticed Crystal's body was starting to sparkle, and slowly become less and less opaque, as if it was becoming part of the dream world.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sluice was silent for a while, clutching her chin in thought."Some kind of illegal superhuman tournament isn't something that we can just walk into, you're right... but if we brought a bigger team of heroes then it'd be like shining a torch on a cockroach nest; they'd scatter. A lot of them are bound to put up a fight, but Mastermind could be one of the ones that try to slip away in the commotion... we don't know enough about his powers or personality to predict how he'd react, and he's too valuable a lead for us to lose track of.But... if the tournament progressed as normal, then Mastermind would have no reason to leave. He seemed eager to fight after all, especially since he apparently won the last tournament. So if we want any chance at talking to him then we'll have to let 'Superhero Smackdown' continue undisturbed. They're about to begin a team-based tournament... I see two heroes here... so it seems that our best option would be to enter this tournament undercover."Esp didn't quite seem to agree with this logic, probably because she had been eager to have a bunch of heroes storm the place and resolve the matter as fast as possible. "Aren't they going to instantly know that you're League?""I can count on one hand the number of people who've seen me wearing this new supersuit. I just need to use a different alias. And Fellwyd's a complete unknown."Sluice turned to her alien companion. He probably didn't quite grasp all that was going on, so by way of compensation she decided to phrase the summary in a manner that might appeal to a warrior such as himself."We're going to join an illegal superhuman tournament. We need to fight our way through until we meet this 'Mastermind' person."IC: "What were your orders if Tornado did not wish to re-join the Coalition?" Asked Gap as she began a careful descent of the stairs. "He doesn't seem very happy to see us thus far, but he was a valued member at one time, so I'd rather not kill him without express permission..."

Edited by Kumata

IC:"They were... nonspecific with regards to what we ought to do if he refused to come quietly. Really, there was less of a concern about re-recruiting the old Tornado and more with making sure he didn't blab his secrets to the League. They'd probably prefer he come back into the fold, but he also can't blab if he's dead, I suppose," Hivemind muttered. "Of course, if you're not down with killing him, we could always beat him to a pulp, lock him in the trunk of my new car, and drag him off to some Coalition prison. I guess that could work..."The stone staircase ended at a pair of heavy wooden double doors. Slowly and carefully Hivemind pushed it open just wide enough to peer through to the other side; the hinges looked old and rusty, liable to creak and groan if she pushed it any faster. It was still dark in there, but Hivemind's eyes had adjusted enough to see through the dim light. The room looked to be a old wine cellar, haistily converted by Tornado into the nexus for his security system. Wires crisscrossed between wine racks still loaded with bottles; this time they looked to serve a purpose beyond mere electrocution, but Hivemind was not intent on testing that theory. The room was large and dark, but as far as Hivemind could tell the wires were all converging on a point at the center, where the glowing flicker of a dozen screens and monitors was just visible in the blackness...[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC (Surge): Surge finished going through the papers, slipped out of the room through a power outlet, and did a little messing around with one of the workers. He would pick up his pencil and use, it, and when he would set it down Surge (still invisible) would move it. At first the guy didn't seem to notice, but eventually he began to wonder what was going on. Then Surge went back into the office. "Find anything interesting?" He asked.

IC: Gap edged closer to Hivemind so as to peer through the slit in the doorway. She couldn't see Tornado, but he must be somewhere within the glow of computer screens. Whether he knew that they'd discovered the secret passage Gap wasn't sure. But there was one sure way of getting the drop on the villain, quite literally to boot. She could see enough of the wine cellar that she would be able to create a wormhole leading into it. So she did; a black portal opened up just behind herself and Hivemind, the other end appearing just above the collective glow in the middle of the cellar. "Swarm," she hissed to Hivemind, hoping she understood the request for her to turn into a cloud of bugs again. Gap didn't want to waste precious seconds and leapt through the portal, leg extended, ready to deliver a dropkick upon whatever lay at the other end...

IC:"Uh, I don't actually think that's the best idea-"Hivemind was just about to explain all the reasons she didn't want to swarm right now. For starters, her suit shifted with her because she'd had it long enough for it to be saturated in residual Omega radiation off her body; the makeshift bandages on the other hand were not, and they were literally the only thing holding her together at the moment. Plus, without full mass to shift back to normal, she had no way of knowing if pulling herself together afterwards wouldn't kill her instantly; she could reform with a collapsed lung, or missing half her brain. There was also the fact her bugs already had proven less than effective against the man who controlled storms, and she wasn't in the mood to lose even more of her swarm.But unfortunately for her, Gap had jumped through the wormhole before she could get a chance to voice any of those concerns. Hivemind glanced at the portal and, remember her tendency to fail spectacularly at landing on her feet coming out of those, figured another jump through one wasn't best in her present state. She slipped through the door as quietly as possible, sneaking towards the light. At the very least, maybe she could get the drop on Tornado while he was distracted by Gap.The other half of Gap's plan was a little more successful, her boot connecting with the skull of a man hunched over a large series of monitors, each displaying a different view of the mansion above. He fell from his chair, collapsing in a heap on the floor. The man raised a gold-gloved hand in defense, creating a miniature whirlwind around him that slammed Gap backwards into a row of monitors. The man she'd attacked rose to his feet. His greying hair looked slightly uncombed, and he appeared not to have shaved in at least a week. His supersuit, a deep crimson with a high-backed gold cape, appeared to have become a little ragged and tattered with age. Overall, it would have been a rather majestic or triumphant look, perhaps many years ago at least."So... you're the one they finally sent to kill me, then?" Tornado asked in a low growl, winds whipping around his arms as he prepared for another attack.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Not necessarily," said Gap, doing her best not to wince or grunt as she got to her feet - one of the villainous lessons she'd learned from her father was that confidence goes a long way. "The Coalition of Corruption has come back together, stronger than it has ever been before. Since you've done a great deal in the past to help it on its way to greatness, we have decided to allow you to share in our glory again. You don't want to carry on living in fear like this, do you..?"

IC:Tornado chuckled weakly, a whirlwind still clutched in his palm."They decided, now did they? They came down from on high to offer lowly ole' Wyatt another chance, then?" he asked. "Spare me the condescension, girl. We both know I was only useful to the Coalition as a spy. That act went up in flames - quite literally, might I add - so I must ask you: just what could they possibly want me back for?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Fellwyd): "So we are to enter into gladiatorial combat in order to gain information on someone who is presumed dead."Fellwyd didn't see it necessary to respond to the question regarding whether or not he'd been aware of the invasion - an invasion of that scale was kind of hard to miss, after all."There seems to be no end to the strangeness to be found on this backwards world. If you think this is a good plan, then I will go along with it."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Sluice couldn't help smiling. "Believe me, it doesn't seem much less strange from a human perspective. It's just how life is for us heroes."IC: "You managed to defend your home pretty well against me, didn't you? So you've use in you yet. Surely you know that the Coalition doesn't like people as talented with their powers as you are go to waste..."

IC:"The Coalition wouldn't let someone like me go to waste, really? I suppose that's why they saw fit to dump me in some blasted outpost in Tibet, and left me there to ROT!" Tornado shouted. "Did you know I only learned of Doctor Danger's death when I was being arrested? I wanted the rest of the world to forget about me, but it seems the Coalition saw fit to do the same.Another gust of wind swept through the wind cellar, slamming into Gap."So I must ask, if the Coalition's never cared about me for all these years... why should I believe they've changed now?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Gap braced herself as the wind hit, but it was strong enough to sweep her off her feet anyway. She crashed into the side of a wine rack. Her shoulders throbbed and she couldn't help letting out a gasp of pain."You think just because they didn't contact you every day, that your work in Tibet wasn't appreciated?" This was a total bluff on Gap's part; she had no knowledge of the outpost to which Tornado was referring. "I admit that when Doctor Danger died things sort of fell to pieces. Midnight wasn't up to the task of leading us - that's why people like you were forgotten about. But now the Coalition is under new, better management, and we're remedying the mistakes he made. Hence my coming to you today.And let's be honest: you're still loyal to us, deep down. You never told the League any of our secrets after you got captured, after all." Another bluff, one intended to get information out of Tornado as to whether or not he had leaked info...

IC: Plasmafire rocketed after Otherfade, trying to catch up to him, when Fade appeared out of nowhere. "Fade! You're back! And you... Teleported...?"IC: Magneta jumped at the sound of Surge's voice, and turned around. "Whoa, you scared me... Well, it looks like this guy defenitly has a connection to Eisling... And it also looks like our 'upstanding' DA may not be so upstanding.It says when Dylan's inevitably brought in, not to bring him to the police, to go to the DA or to... Some guy named Malcom."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

NPC: Before they had the chance to deliberate on the identity of this 'Malcolm' their communicators activated again. "This is Jona." She sounded urgent and, for the first time since the heroes had known her, worried. "We've found William Elliott."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"Loyalty? In the Coalition of Corruption? Kid, don't make me laugh. When you've got an ace up your sleeve, you don't play it early in the game," said Tornado, winds continuing to whip around them. "But you, on the other hand... you just gave away your entire hand. That's what this is all about, isn't it? The Coalition's worried the man who sold all the League's secrets is going to turn around and do the same to them? How interesting..."---"Yeah... uh... still working out what the deal is with that, actually..." Fade said uncertainly. "But I've got one thing I need to test first..."Otherfade slashed his wristblades wildly at his double; Fade's body rippled and shimmered as the blades passed harmlessly through."Good. That's working again. So, one mystery solved," Fade said with a smirk, before turning his attention back to Otherfade. "But first, I've got you to deal with..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta touched the button on her communicator to speak with Jona. "Where is he? And, I dread to ask, what's his condition?"IC: When Fade phased, Plasmafire practicly cheered. "Alright! Fade is back!"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Disappointingly (though not wholly unexpectedly - Gap didn't exactly pride herself on her guile) Tornado had seen through Gap's words. She got to her feet again, clutching the wine rack to keep herself steady against the strengthening winds. At least from the way Tornado phrased his reply, she'd gotten an answer - he hadn't spilled any Coalition secrets to the League yet. He obviously held a grudge against the Coalition for the way they'd treated him during his membership, so there was no chance of him re-joining wilfully. But perhaps he could be intimidated. He didn't seem at all scared by Gap, but there were plenty within the Coalition that he might be scared of."Don't even think about it," she said sternly. "Me coming to you, making this offer, this is a generosity. A reward for your years of service to us. Don't give the Coalition a reason to think we might be better served if you were out of the picture..."

Edited by Kumata

NPC: "He's in the hospital. He's alive, but we won't be getting any answers out of him soon. We found him in what's left of his house. There was a fire fifteen minutes ago, I tried to tell you but there was some kind of interference with your comms." That would've been around the time they were changing. "The doctors say he might not make it, but there's more. A lot of the damage on him isn't from that fire. The wrong kinds of burn, the placement of the injuries - he was tortured. One guess who did it."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: "My guess would be the speedster, or someone affiliated with him." Magneta sighed sadly. "Well, what we found is this: The DA e-mailed Elliott, apparently he expected Eisling to be brought in soon, and instead of taking him to to police, the DA wanted him questioned by himself or a guy named Malcom. That's the only lead we've found so far."

IC(Fellwyd): "It is good, then, to know that things like this are still accounted strange on this planet. It makes the rest of the world seem more normal."In truth, combat like what some super-powered humans evidently took part in was rare among the Diemawr. Apart from it being a waste of good fighters who might otherwise have served in the military, fighters being paid for combat despite making no gains - no captured planets, no defeated enemies - was a foreign concept. Combat between civilians might occur to settle a matter of honor, but not for its own sake.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(Surge): "Okay, so, tentative plan of action. I'll check out the elevator, as that's where we were when the interference happened. We should talk to this Malcom guy, maybe that kid at the reception desk can tell us who that is. I don't think we can confront the DA yet, so the next course of action would be to check out the house that caught fire. Does that all sound cool? That's what I would do we're I on my own."

NPC: "If you think it's worth checking the interference, by all means, but it doesn't seem important to me. If I were you I'd check up on the crime scene now, before something gets in the way. We've cordoned off the house, but we won't be able to keep the press out forever. Meanwhile, I'll look up any Malcolms in the office, should have a list for you by the time you get back."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Magneta pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. "Thank you Dectective. We're on our way there now." She tapped her communicator again and turned to Surge. "Sorry Surge, we have to hurry, no time to check the elevator." Magneta stood up and went to the window, opening it and looking outside for any metal that wouldn't be readilly missed.

IC:"Oh? Big talk from a little girl. I can see it going two ways. Maybe I'm right, and the Coalition's still a fractured mess of power-hungry backstabbers; it's a stretch, I know. O trained half the bumblers in the Coalition, I promise you I can take them," said Tornado. "On the other hand, let's imagine that you're right and not just endearingly deluded, and the Coalition's really is back. I've disapeared once, I'm more than capable of doing it again. Threats work better when you can can actually back them up."The winds grew stronger, threatening to peel Gap loose from the wine rack she was clinging to."More importantly, threats work better when you're not trapped alone with a man in a dark cellar. What chance do you honestly expect to have here?" he asked. "Where I'm standing, it looks like it's gonna be a simple matter to deal with you, go find that useless bee lady and murder her, and be out of here before your pals in the old Coalition are even wise to it-"Tornado didn't get to finish that sentence, because the useless bee lady had found him first. Hivemind had grabbed a bottle of a nearby rack and smashed it across the back of Tornado's head. He dropped to the floor, dripping with a red liquid that, thankfully, was probably just wine. The whirling wind started to die down. Hivemind marched over, still gripping the broken neck of the wine bottle in her hand, and stared down at Tornado."Alright, I'm getting a little tired here. Tornado, here's how thing's are gonna go: you're gonna just sit tight and listen to what my colleague has to say. Also, bear in mind that I'm really sick of your games and I've got plenty more bottles..."---Fade and Otherfade circled each other, swinging and kicking and phasing. The real trouble with their fight was that neither of them were able to land a hit, each of them switching intangible whenever the other tried to land a punch. Finally, as Otherfade tried to bring a wristblade down, Fad caught hold of his arm, swingin him off balance and sending him tumbling down the slope. Fade left fowards and caught up with his doppleganger just as he hit the ground, slamming a foot down hard onto his chest."Y'know, I don't think I noticed when I was dealing with the whole phasing thing, but you're really out of practice," Fade said, grabbing hold of Otherfade to stop him from simply phasing himself free. "When you realized you could walk away from nearly any attack, did you forget how to dodge?""This is pointless, you know," said Otherfade. "You know you can't possibly hold me, and I'm pretty sure you can't kill me either.""I'll think of something. Maybe one of the Leaguers still has one of their special cuffs, or maybe Forcefield still has those power-sensing shackles he caught us with that one time," Fade replied. "Really, I ought to kill you right here and now. You betrayed the world - betrayed everything we believe in - caused the deaths of billions, not to mention everyone you've probably killed yourself. But it's not my place to decide; once we've stopped Frigid, I'm sure we can work out what to do with y-"THWUNK.A projectile shot passed Fade, whistling mere centimeters away from his ear. It passed through his field of vision just long enough for him to identify it as an icicle, before it struck Otherfade in the head, drilling cleanly through his eye socket. Otherfade's body shook and spasmed then - perhaps most shocking of all, although it had some serious competition given everything that had happened recently - it didn't move once more.Fade put a hand to his double's neck to check his pulse; Otherfade was almost certainly dead. Fade whirled about and glared towards who he'd already guessed was the assailant: Longshot, standing in what was left of the basement above, aiming her crossbow down at the lab below. A grin spread across her face, seeming rather pleased with what she'd done.“Wow. Tha' worked. Can't say I expected that...”[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: (NPC - Dream World)As the world seemed to be sucked into Crystal's form, the man clutched at his helmeted head, doubling over with a scream of pain. He fell to his knees as well, screaming incoherant and foul curses at Crystal between agonizing wails. With a last snarl, the man disappeared, leaving Crystal alone in the dream world.The Coalition member known as Cosmarul appeared in the central conference chamber of the Coalition's headquarters, down on his knees and wimpering through ragged breaths. He climbed unsteadily to his feet and stumbled across the room. In the cold metal corridor outside he found several Coalition members leaning against the wall, clutching their heads in pain. Cosmarul knew that the whole base would be experiencing this sudden psychic drill - the dream world was intricately linked with the real one, and Crystal was drawing all the emotions and feelings out of everyone in her vicinity."Kill her!" he shouted to no one in particular as he bounced off of the wall and staggered on. "Can't...stop it...kill her!"~Lord Rahl~

IC: DreamcatcherThe scary man had disappeared. But her power kept on absorbing the dream around her. "I....have...to....stop....." But she couldn't....she couldn't even move.In the Coalition base, her body was now quite transparent, and with a flash of bright light. It disappeared entirely.Back in the dream, Crystal, still absorbing the dream, suddenly was consumed by a bright flash of light. The light lit the whole room, then, with a violent flash, it was gone.Crystal lay flat on her back, she had stopped absorbing the dream thankfully. She stood up."I feel....different, like I'm...whole again...like in the real world...how?" She looked at her hands, then she slapped her cheeks a few times, feeling way more painful that it normally ever could in a dream."Ow! Okay, I'm definitely here, body and soul." She looked around, that terrifying man hadn't come back yet, but she really doubted it would stay that way.Though, the scary man was right about one thing, she was much more powerful with her physical body here. She concentrated, thinking of that beach the Ethereal had taken her earlier, and then she vanished, that weird feeling in her stomach returned before she appeared in that wonderful beach.The feeling of being nausea didn't go away, and she fell to her knees and started crying, quite stressed out from everything that had happened.

Edited by Snelly

IC: (NPC - Cosmarul)With a sudden psychic snap, the pain that Crystal had been causing vanished. Cosmarul took a deep breath, propping his hand against the wall to stabilize himself. Then, moving with determination, he rushed to the prison cells. Coalition members senior and amateur alike made themselves scarce when he appeared - even without his powers, he shone with an aura of rage that was best left alone.When he finally came upon the cell he knew to contain the girl, he found a man sitting guard outside the door, head lolled off to the side as he slept. With a snarl he backhanded the man, knocking him clear out of his chair and waking him instantly. "Imbicile!" Cosmarul shouted, wrenching the door open.The girl wasn't there.Cosmarul shrieked with anger, shouting curses in both English and Romanian. He rounded on a disoriented Negafire, hauling him to his feet by the neck of his supersuit and slamming him up against the wall. He fed equal parts fear and compliance into Negafire's mind; no, there was much more fear."You..." Cosmarul listed off a number of choice names for Negafire, none of them fit for the faint of heart, "...you let her escape! What were you thinking?!"OOC: There's some action for you, Korkoa. :)Crystal's free; my job here's done. I'll send you a few dream world tips in a minute, Snelly, but for the moment I'm going to leave what she does up to you. I do have some future plans for the dream world, and so will be revealing a bit about its true nature (as well as some background info on Ethereal). Someone should be around in-game by then to teach Dreamcatcher how best to utilize the world of dreams.I appologize to TPTI for basically just granting Dreamcatcher teleportation powers; I had this realm planned for a future plot, and it just sort of fit here. It wasn't an intentional bestowal, but the nature of this place just made it a logical progression. My assumtion is that, as long as Snelly doesn't overuse it, a one-time usage of this ability is fine. If I'm wrong, I'm more than willing to have you dole out a punishment for overstepping bounds into staff territory. -_-~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Alright, cool. Ya I was wondering about the whole 'getting a free teleport' thing. I guess will see what TPTI says.IC: DreamcatcherAfter calming down a bit, Crystal thought about what to do next. There were many things on her mind, first thing was how would she get back to the real world? She had no idea how she managed bring herself in here in the first place. She could always figure this out later, though.She thought of Ethereal, where had he run off to? Could she find him? And if so, how? There were many things she still didn't understand about this place, and he seemed to have a lot of answers.Nathan still wasn't asleep yet, he didn't seem to sleep much at all. Maybe when he fell asleep she could contact him and they could figure out how to get her out of here.Speaking of sleeping, she felt pretty tired actually. Now that her body was in the dream world, she could get tired here. I wonder how that works exactly. Can I dream in the dream world? Probably just like entering my dreams like normal I suppose...She lay down on the sand and drifted off to sleep. When she began to dream, she let her mind wander, and didn't use her powers to enhance her dreams in any way. For once, she just wanted to dream like a normal person.

Edited by Snelly

IC: The winds had gotten so strong that Gap had begun to rise into the air, prevented from spinning helplessly only by gripping onto the much heavier wine rack. Then with a smash Tornado collapsed and the winds died. She dropped to her feet, staring at Hivemind in surprise. Given the state she'd been in when she saw her last, and the fact that she hadn't followed her through the wormhole, Gap had started to suspect that Hivemind might have succumbed to her injuries. She didn't exactly look in peak physical condition, but nonetheless it was reassuring to know that she had enough strength in her to sneak up on Tornado like that.Gap strode towards Tornado, rearranging her features into a neutral expression. They had him at their mercy now, but it was an advantage that she acknowledged could soon be lost. As a meteorokinetic he had a number of dangerous attacks he could produce, ones that might cripple Hivemind further and injure Gap enough for the villain to make his escape."You can disappear again," said Gap, gripping Tornado by the collar of his supersuit. She tried not to show it in her features but she was gathering her focus. She had to pull off this tactic perfectly, or the effect would be lost. "You can hide in another city. Another country. Heck, you can hide at the farthest corner of the Earth. But know this:" A wormhole tore itself into existence beneath the two of them, and they dropped into the blackness. Only for a second, though; the next moment they were standing atop a freezing slope in the midst of the Alps. "There is," another wormhole swallowed them up, and now they were on a street in Cairo, Pyramids looming in the distance, "no place," they now appeared on the muddy bank of the Amazon river, verdant rainforest ahead of and behind them, "on this planet," deep underground now, in the nearly pitch-black darkness of an abandoned mine, "that I cannot find you." They returned to the wine cellar of Tornado's mansion, their exit portal appearing a few feet above the floor so that Tornado landed roughly.Forming wormholes taxed Gap's concentration. Forming so many wormholes in quick succession, and to such varied points around the world, was a massive drain of her focus. She wouldn't be able to form another one for a short while, but at least she had managed to pull the technique off as she had planned. She tried not to show her breathlessness as she continued speaking."You've heard what I have to say, and the most generous offer I bring to you straight from Grand Cross and Mr. Mystery, the Coalition's new leaders." Bit of an exaggeration, but there was the possibility that Tornado had worked with and maybe even respected either of the pair. "You can surely see what the logical decision is here, but if you want to continue being too arrogant to believe me then say so now. We can kill you and be done with it..."

OOC*digs self out from avalanche of new posts*I'm still alive, I just have absolutely no clue what's going on or what to do. xDIC [London/Steven]The man had been off packing his bags in his apartment. While London was fine and all, even he eventually got fed up with the universe that had cursed him long ago and had decided a trip to New York City would be a nice way to relax for a while. He'd never been to America before; just Peru and Britain. It'd probably help him to go and broaden his horizons, and with his abilities he should be able to stay out of trouble. Of course, the universe was never one to let him get off without some sort of accident, and getting on a plane was just begging for it, but thus far he wasn't dead so he figured it'd take a while before the universe got around to finally ending his sad life.So with those happy thoughts he left, heading off towards the airport with a dufflebag slung over his shoulder.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'm still alive, I just have absolutely no clue what's going on or what to do. xD

OOC: I have a solo hero wandering New York, if you wanted to fight him.IC: clunk-hsshclunk-hsshclunk-hsshSo went Gadgeteer's high-pressure leg pistons as he leapt from rooftop to rooftop, scanning the city below through the glowing green eyes of his armoured battle suit. He was determined to absolve his earlier failure by successfully performing a heroic deed before the day was done. But it was a race against time, as the afternoon sun had begun its descent... Edited by Kumata

OOCWell, I'm on a plane there now, though I have no clue how time flows in this RPG xD Do I just time skip and arrive at NYC with no regard for the eight to ten hour trip over the Atlantic, or do I wait, or what? As a fight would do me some good, though how your guy will find my guy I have no clue. Does he have an Omega radiation scanner or something? As Steven likes to travel under illusion, so that would work.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: We fudge small timeskips like that quite a lot in this game. I came up with a convoluted explanation a while back which basically involves invisible time ripples that no-one knows about. :P Basically you can say the trip happened without worrying too much about tallying up with everyone else's timeline.Gadgeteer can't detect supers aside from actually seeing them in action, although obviously illusion powers are kind of hard to spot. Can Steven do something villainous to draw attention to himself, either on purpose or by accident?

Edited by Kumata

OOCOn purpose? He doesn't role like that. On accident? The man is the universe's punching bag. That's all be certain to happen. I'll set it up.IC [NYC/Steven]Incredibly enough, Steven had managed to get through the plane trip without the plane crashing into the ocean, the deck depressurizing, or other general nastiness. It was a rare occasion, so he was feeling pretty good about himself as he went through security and walked into the main lobby, people milling about, going on with their average and normal lives. They just wanted to get on with the world, to avoid the wars between supers and try not to be killed by alien invasions.He was nearly out the front door when at last the universe gave him a slap. Someone ran into him, him and the dazed businessman falling to the ground. Now, Steven's illusions were pretty potent stuff, but this had caught him off guard; startled, the illusion vanished, and everyone watching took a respective gasp.Not that bad; maybe they'll think I'm a superhero, in disguise. The public doesn't hate supers after all-"Hey!" One of the guards pulled out his gun, aiming it quite squarely at Steven. "Get up. Slowly. Who do you work for?""Trenton Electronics?" It was a truthful answer."Funny super; you a League agent?""You know, what's the point of asking that? If you asked a villain that they could just lie. They're villains." He was about to continue his commentary on the guard's stupidity and possible racism, but he didn't get a chance, a solid whack from a baton sending him to the ground in a heap.So when Steven's head stopped swimming and he could see, he was in a police car, being hauled away down the road. It was really unfair, all things considered. Then again, the universe was never kind to him; this sort of thing would only happen extremely rarely, and he, naturally, was the one to be effected by it. Likely, he was being taken to a station where a League member would drop by and see him. Now, Steven wasn't a villain, per say, but he had done enough in the past that he was pretty sure the League wouldn't take kindly of him.So he activated his ability; he was an illusionist, and the cops likely knew that, but the thing about his illusions was that they were real. Well, only as real as he could think. He could, for instance, snap ropes if he made an illusion of himself that was larger, but he would have no such luck against something stronger like aluminum bands. He couldn't snap his handcuffs, but he could make a pick illusion.It took a good deal of concentration and an even greater deal of effort, but the cuffs silently clicked off. The car stopped at a light, the cops unaware of what had happened, so he willed an illusion of a window breaker. Slamming it against the seat's window, he bit back a hiss of pain, scrambling to get out as the cops suddenly realized what exactly they were dealing with.With his small frame he easily pulled himself through the broken window; his hand was bloody from his illusion breaking, but he could live with it. He began to dart down the streets, the police giving chase on foot behind him.

voidstars.png

IC: New York was a noisy city, but certain sounds tended to stand out. The shattering of glass, for instance. Gadgeteer paused in his roof-hopping spree, scrutinising the scene upon the street below in order to locate the source of the sound. Whether it was or not, the sight of a young man running as two (unfit) Police officers gave chase was enough to demand his attention.clunk-hsshOne moment the sidewalk ahead of Steven was clear. The next, a man covered in bronze and gold armour plating dropped out of the sky, landing with enough force to create a small impact crater."Stop." Demanded the roboticized voice of the man...

Edited by Kumata

IC [NYC/Steven]The impact sent the rather light Steven stumbling backwards, falling backwards to the ground. After a moment of getting his breath back he pushed himself up, looking up at the armored man."That's a tad bit impractical, you know that right?" His mouth was his greatest weakness and strength. It kept enemies distracted, while at the same time annoying them further. "I mean, seriously, gold is one of the softest metals, and bronze, bronze is ok, but you'd really be better off with kevlar and some ceramic plating."All while he talked his mind took in his escape routes. If he could get into a busy street, his illusions could shield him. This armored super standing in front of him wouldn't be able to track him in a crowd.

voidstars.png

OOC: CoKK...you my friend are crazy lol.IC:Kaname had moved at Otherfade around the same time Plasmafire did, he also stopped when he saw Fade appear from what looked like he broke through a dimension...Holy cow. "Now thats going to be hard to deal with." he said to himself.Watching the fight still in Lighting form, he stayed out of it for the time being. This was Fade's fight. When Fade had caught Otherfade, he was actually sure that they would get the information...that is until a icicle killed Otherfade.he saw who Fade was looking at and saw that it was Longshot, "Was that really nessisary?"

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: Plasmafire nearly leapt out of his skin when the icicle shot into Otherfade's skull. He rocketed up to Longshot, waving his hands wildly. "Really?! We're League, we have one rule! One! Okay, mass murderer, yeah, near immortal, but-- WAIT! It's as simple as a &%*!$@# headshot?! What is this, a zombie movie?!" Plasmafire was a tad torn by the fact that the League's one main rule was broken, and the fact that... Well, he'd never really liked that rule much...IC: Negafire Was ripped out of his dreamscape by a very large and very frightening man. As he was shoved against the wall, fear filled him He started screaming, although it sounded a lot like just one big word. "I-was-thinking-that-she-was-tied-up-and-blindfolded-and-the-meds-Doc-gave-me-make-me-drowsy-and-she-can-induce-sleep-and-I-don't-even-know-what's-going-on!!!!!!!" Meanwhile, the entire time he spoke, as a nervous reaction, his body was heating up. A lot. The hands holding him would probably be getting very... 'warm'.