Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

is there anything else we should be expecting in the next update?

More epic.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Thanks, I've now corrected that in my project file.EDIT:- Boss programming is seeing progress. Some kinks to work out still, but it's looking good so far. And to be clear: Yes, it's Makuta Teridax.- Nui-Jaga are almost complete as well. Nui-Jaga will appear in some areas of Onu-Koro, and maybe walk in from the edges of Kini-Nui.- I'm looking at other Rahi that are simple to program, so that you might get a bit more variety in the game. I'm looking to include a Survival game mode, where you cannot respawn. The goal will be to defeat as many enemies as possible before you die. This mode will have no spawn pad healing available, and continuously spawn new foes.I need to fix some stuff that could potentially take a long time, so I'm still not sure when the next update will be. I hope to put it all together within a week or two, though.

Thanks, I've now corrected that in my project file.EDIT:- Boss programming is seeing progress. Some kinks to work out still, but it's looking good so far. And to be clear: Yes, it's Makuta Teridax.- Nui-Jaga are almost complete as well. Nui-Jaga will appear in some areas of Onu-Koro, and maybe walk in from the edges of Kini-Nui.- I'm looking at other Rahi that are simple to program, so that you might get a bit more variety in the game. I'm looking to include a Survival game mode, where you cannot respawn. The goal will be to defeat as many enemies as possible before you die. This mode will have no spawn pad healing available, and continuously spawn new foes.I need to fix some stuff that could potentially take a long time, so I'm still not sure when the next update will be. I hope to put it all together within a week or two, though.

I KNEW IT everybody said " but mangaia already has a boss"

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

More epic.

besides the obvious i mean ;)

More death?

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Aim with the squid not the launcher (all of my squids have their tails glued by my supah crafty dad because they all got ripped during the launching process)

I made a list. No promises, though. After all, the status report for today is: "I worked an early shift, then hung out with a friend, then got a headache and didn't program anything". I will try my best, but I have work every day this week.

I KNEW IT everybody said " but mangaia already has a boss"

Yes, you guessed well. I did tell everyone about Makuta maybe two years ago, but look where that went.

More death?

It's gonna be death-tastic.

Squid launchers as disappointing in the game as they are in real life.

Also the next boss is going to be Spiriah and he just dies the instant you walk into him

I keep forgetting squid launchers even exist.

Stop fooling around now, the boss has been revealed. ;)

Gentlemen:

My father has said that this download is evil and will not let my download it because Norton Symantec says that the .exe of this application is a threat and needs to be removed. What gives? Is there a way I can forcefeed Norton this file? Is there somewhere online that there is an official distributor/publisher besides on this forum that I can show?

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Gentlemen:

My father has said that this download is evil and will not let my download it because Norton Symantec says that the .exe of this application is a threat and needs to be removed. What gives? Is there a way I can forcefeed Norton this file? Is there somewhere online that there is an official distributor/publisher besides on this forum that I can show?

McAfee once prevented me from playing VNOG.

Gentlemen:

I dunno; I've been downloading every new update since the 11.0 version, and I use Norton, and it's never given me any trouble at all. If there's one thing I'll vouch for, it's Katuko's absolute honesty when he says he's not using his game to infect your computer with all manner of viruses and what not.

Did you try downloading from both download hosts? Dropbox and MediaFire? If one's not working, the other might. :shrugs:

You can "force" any download by removing it from the AV's quarantine or otherwise white-listing it. Of course, this must be done after it has already been blocked, so it's what your father doesn't want to do.

If you can download it but not run it, then the issue is not with the hosting site, but with the file. The file is flagged because it is an executable file from an unknown developer with no real license info attached. From your computer's point of view, it could contain anything. It could be a game, it could be a virus, but it has no way of knowing, and so it gets shut down depending on what AV you are running. There is not much I can do to fix this, at least not now.

EDIT: After checking my project file it seems that the "Author" and "Description" fields have somehow been returned to blank. I'll try filling them back in for the next release and see if that is enough to satisfy whatever criteria the file is being blocked for.

If there's one thing I'll vouch for, it's Katuko's absolute honesty when he says he's not using his game to infect your computer with all manner of viruses and what not.

Yeah, it would be kind of counter-productive to work for hours and days to make a fan-game like this, and then use it solely as a virus-spreading platform. If I wanted that I'd just do a 5-minute tutorial edit and spread it anonymously. :P Edited by Katuko

OK, sweet, Katuko!

I'll await the next release and see if I can finally pwn my fellow Bionicles.

Also, since you said that you're looking for a background for Karda Nui on your "What YOU Can Do To Help" page, why don't you just take some official image or something from Faber? Like this ?http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-64oMjPQNad0/T7bLtST_8CI/AAAAAAAAASM/DTDC_UU56N4/s1600/Christian+Faber+Files_Sun+of+Karda+Nui.jpg 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OK, sweet, Katuko!

I'll await the next release and see if I can finally pwn my fellow Bionicles.

Also, since you said that you're looking for a background for Karda Nui on your "What YOU Can Do To Help" page, why don't you just take some official image or something from Faber? Like this ?

I think if he can get it done it would look pretty flippin' sweet (link removed by me due to some sort of a glitch/bug)

Edited by Toa Aeron

will the takanuva boss still be in the separate mangaia map?

Yes, he will stay there for now. However, I'm thinking of moving the Toa Mata from Ta-Koro to Kini-Nui, and have defeating the Rahkshi work as the trigger to opening the gateway to Mangaia in the joined map. The Rahkshi would then have their health lowered a bit.

Also, since you said that you're looking for a background for Karda Nui on your "What YOU Can Do To Help" page, why don't you just take some official image or something from Faber? Like this ?

So far I haven't really stuck giant background images anywhere for fear of lagging the game. I could break it up into pieces and see how it works. Still, I also need to make it scroll properly (because it can't possibly cover the entire room and also make it look good with the rest of the map features. Karda Nui is due for a future rework, we'll see how it turns out then. I should get myself some mountains for the background of the Kini-Nui area. That'd look good, I think.

Today's progress: Moved the visual parts of the map into the project. I will be adding walls, then features like the tunnel and some form of exit (pillar of light which you can stand in and activate to ascend, I think).

EDIT: Quoting that link seems to break the quote. The rest of my post didn't show up for me until I removed it. You might want to do the same, Aeron.

Edited by Katuko

Where is the download for the new update?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

will the takanuva boss still be in the separate mangaia map?

Yes, he will stay there for now. However, I'm thinking of moving the Toa Mata from Ta-Koro to Kini-Nui, and have defeating the Rahkshi work as the trigger to opening the gateway to Mangaia in the joined map. The Rahkshi would then have their health lowered a bit.

So far I haven't really stuck giant background images anywhere for fear of lagging the game. I could break it up into pieces and see how it works. Still, I also need to make it scroll properly (because it can't possibly cover the entire room and also make it look good with the rest of the map features. Karda Nui is due for a future rework, we'll see how it turns out then. I should get myself some mountains for the background of the Kini-Nui area. That'd look good, I think.

Today's progress: Moved the visual parts of the map into the project. I will be adding walls, then features like the tunnel and some form of exit (pillar of light which you can stand in and activate to ascend, I think).

EDIT: Quoting that link seems to break the quote. The rest of my post didn't show up for me until I removed it. You might want to do the same, Aeron.

It doesn't work for some reason. Anyway what I said was it would be cool

I'm thinking of moving the Toa Mata from Ta-Koro to Kini-Nui, and have defeating the Rahkshi work as the trigger to opening the gateway to Mangaia in the joined map. The Rahkshi would then have their health lowered a bit.

I like this idea.  I always thought it was weird to have all the Toa as bosses in one village.

20795.jpg

Status report: Kini-Nui/Mangaia map can now be walked around in. I'll place spawners and so on tomorrow, after work.

To-do: I'll patch up the Makuta fight so it works better, then I'll see if I can't throw in some Rahi programming.

Next week I have no work, but Thursday/Friday I will be moving to the place I'll stay for the coming year at school. Studies begin in less than two weeks, and I have no idea how much spare time I'll have once they do.

Status update:

Kini-Nui/Mangaia map works for now. The Rahkshi can spawn, and their defeat blows open the entrance to Mangaia below. Jumping into the tunnel applies a low-gravity effect which allows you to land without fall damage. A Makuta spawner is placed here, which causes Makuta to appear, make a speech, then turn into his vortex form. The vortex can be harmed either by flying up and hitting it with powers, or by using melee attacks on the harmful tentacles it spawns.

When the vortex collapses, the pieces reform into a more humanoid Makuta Teridax. In his current state he flies around and fires beams at you. I have yet to make him vulnerable to attacks, but that shouldn't take too long. For the sake of my sanity, though, Makuta will be immune to status effects. These will instead deal minor extra damage when they trigger, so don't worry too much about using Ice or Poison on him.

Makuta currently uses the standard Fear, Disintegration and Fragmentation beams (though he can fire in any direction, the cheater). If there are multiple targets, he breaks out chain lightning at mid-to-long range, and a burst of gravity waves at short range. I have yet to give him Shadow smog and other such abilities. Too much hassle to program it all at once. Finally, if his primary target is low on health (less than 40 HP remaining), Makuta will use Shadow Hand to pull it in and finish it off. This heals him for however much HP he drains. This is mostly for show, though. He easily loses 40 HP over the few seconds it takes for him to finish the attack.

On the off chance that he moves outside the map or gets stuck in a wall, Makuta can also turn intangible and dash towards the center of the area. You will likely not see this used unless you get him stuck in the rocky ceiling of Mangaia. I plan to give Makuta this as a general "dodge" move, as well as teleportation and a simple melee attack. It takes longer to program than expected, though, so it won't be in this update. He will receive new moves later, like the Exo-Pyro did.

Exo-pyro?

I assume the Exo-Pyro is the fire-based Exo-Toa boss in Karda Nui.

On a small tangent, I love how Exo-Pyro responds to different scenarios, like if you use a Mahiki and shape shift into him, he'll say different things in different maps, like in the ice land he'll say "it's too cold, let's heat things up" or if it's Ta-Koro, he'll say "I like it here, nice and hot." And so forth. :) Very well thought out!

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Yes, I was inspired by those. Sorry for not crediting you. :P

It's fine, dude. I just think it's cool you noticed.  :rolleyes:  I usually don't ask for credit on my stuff, and this is a prime example. You can credit me if you want, but I don't really care.

But if I do ask for credit on something, you better dang well give me credit! That goes for e'rebody!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Super-hard challenge: try and beat every map with a boss in order without ever dying.  Even I can only beat the levels individually -- it takes me a few tries; each time I die, I restart.  Also, a thought for the next map: a jungle (Le-Koro, Voya Nui, Bota Magna...)

And if Teridax/Makuta becomes the Mangaia boss, what happens to Taka?  Speaking of Taka, if you keep him, you might want to make his Mask and weapons tougher.  Twice, now, I've seen Takanuva at nearly full health, with no Mask or weapon.  Just a thought.

~W.12.~

Edit: I can beat the bosses (except Takanuva) starting as a maskless, weaponless Toa of Jungle.  Should've added that to my challenge.

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Super-hard challenge: try and beat every map with a boss in order without ever dying.  Even I can only beat the levels individually -- it takes me a few tries; each time I die, I restart.  Also, a thought for the next map: a jungle (Le-Koro, Voya Nui, Bota Magna...)

Easy solution: Be a Rahkshi of hunger.

Edited by Arzaki
  • Upvote 4

Easy solution: Be a Rahkshi of hunger.

Or a toa with a Pakari and a Quake Breaker.

bBhcfWO.png