• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Transformers Topic

prime transformers robot autobot

• Please log in to reply
1024 replies to this topic

#801 Offline gunconvoy

gunconvoy
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 24-April 13
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:16 AM

As far as a fourth movie. They will be making it, but Shia Labouf won't be in it, nor Megan Fox. Plus one of my friends told me that the entire transformers franchise will end after the fourth movie. :((((

Party time for no Shia or Fox. Also the transformers Franchise will end? hahaahahah, obviously some one does not understand marketing.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

#802 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2013 - 08:56 AM

"Guys, our last movie is fifth on the highest grossing films of all time. Let's quit while we're ahead, and end the entire franchise after this next one."

-No one, ever

not a lot of things match my avatar

#803 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2013 - 09:39 AM

Until the day when no one wants to buy or watch TF, it's not going to end.

#804 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,284 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2013 - 11:35 AM

As far as a fourth movie. They will be making it, but Shia Labouf won't be in it, nor Megan Fox. Plus one of my friends told me that the entire transformers franchise will end after the fourth movie. :((((

HahahahahahahahahaNo. The very darkest point the franchise has ever seen was in the nineties, after Generation Two bombed without any supporting fiction or interest. And they still revived it under a decade later with Beast Wars, which is to this day considered one of the best examples of a Transformers tv series. And the franchise has been going strong ever since.

All the movies did was bring the franchise back to mainstream view. They injected some life, but the franchise was by no means on life support without it. Plus, they're already planning for the potential of a new trilogy kicked off by TF 4. Transformers is one of Hasbro's biggest cash cows. They won't drop it until there isn't a single cent left to be milked from it.

And as the nineties showed us, they'll still revive it within a few years when they have a new generation to cater to.

The only Predacon I really hope they add in to the show is Grimwing. He's a bit too much like Dreadwing, but hopefully he actually defects to the Autobots. He actually sorta reminds me of Silverbolt or Dinobot. Also, has anyone seen the Go! Combiners? They actually look pretty nice and Brave-ish.

I love the look of those Go! combiners. If I find myself with the cash, those will be ordered without hesitation.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#805 Offline Angel Beat

Angel Beat
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 02-April 03
  • 4,665 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 14 2013 - 09:20 PM

Played Transformers: Fall of Cybertron over the weekend.

*squee*

That is all.

~Everybody wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

tailgunner001.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#806 Offline Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 14-April 06
  • 800 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2013 - 07:34 PM

I saw new Pictures of Transformers 4 of a Black/Sky Blue Bugatti and a Green/Black Stringray. 

#807 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 28 2013 - 08:42 PM

I saw new Pictures of Transformers 4 of a Black/Sky Blue Bugatti and a Green/Black Stringray.

Yeah, don't know what to expect out of those two... I do like the speculation that one is Blurr, though.Meanwhile, I'm floored at myself for not ordering Springer last not on Amazon when he came in stock thinking I could still grab him today. >_<~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, May 28 2013 - 08:42 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#808 Online CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,757 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 07:20 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,128);]Apparently the Bugatti and Stingray are called "Drift" and "Slingshot" respectively, although my sources could be wrong. [/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,128);]From the sounds of it both are smartmouths, and Slingshot in particular sounds about as annoying as the twins combined. [/color]

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#809 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yep, just saw that. I was excited about it being Drift, but your description of him as a smartmouth is just so much unlike his other incarnation. :(~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#810 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2013 - 05:12 AM

Whoever those two guys are, Optimus looks awesome. It definitely looks upgraded, even though at first I thought it was strange. But I can't really envision a robot mode for this, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#811 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2013 - 05:40 PM

I just read it and this is what it had to say. "[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;]But one can't help but expect that, even in four-wheeled form, the character will retain his trademark, annoying self-aggrandizement" This is because Slingshot was originally one of the Aerial Bots. And Drift was part of the IDW 2005 reboot.[/color]

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#812 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 08:27 PM

It was IDW Drift I was thinking about. The super-serious samurai bot.Optimus is interesting, but I would prefer him with more red.Bumblebee's updated form with an older style Camaro is alright I guess. Might be too much black though. :PThere's also now been an ambulance and military vehicle pictured driving around with the other Autobots. Ambulance is almost surely Ratchet, but no clue who the military vehicle could end up being.Aaaaand of course, there's the beat up truck that resembles G1 Optimus' truck mode... That is supposedly a Dinobot?? Yeah, I'm not buying into that one just yet...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#813 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:33 PM

It was IDW Drift I was thinking about. The super-serious samurai bot.Optimus is interesting, but I would prefer him with more red.Bumblebee's updated form with an older style Camaro is alright I guess. Might be too much black though. :PThere's also now been an ambulance and military vehicle pictured driving around with the other Autobots. Ambulance is almost surely Ratchet, but no clue who the military vehicle could end up being.Aaaaand of course, there's the beat up truck that resembles G1 Optimus' truck mode... That is supposedly a Dinobot?? Yeah, I'm not buying into that one just yet...~|ET|~

Remember, It is Bayverse.

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#814 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 10:47 AM

Remember, It is Bayverse.

Yes, but you don't make something a Dinobot and have it transform into a truck. Might as well call it a Lorrybot. Plus, we have been fed misinformation before regarding the movies, so I sincerely hope that is the case in this regard.

#815 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 12:02 PM

Well, I heard something about some Autobots riding Dinobots into battle at some point. And also, one reason given by the movie team for not including Dinobots was because they'd stick out like a sore thumb, not a very stealthy or logical alt mode.

Now, the conclusion I think is most logical is that their robot modes are the dinosaurs, and that is how they always were, and that their alternate modes are the Earth vehicles. Either that, or triple changers.

I think that idea's cool. It strays a lot from the usual path, but whatever.

#816 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 01:33 PM

Well, I heard something about some Autobots riding Dinobots into battle at some point. And also, one reason given by the movie team for not including Dinobots was because they'd stick out like a sore thumb, not a very stealthy or logical alt mode.

Now, the conclusion I think is most logical is that their robot modes are the dinosaurs, and that is how they always were, and that their alternate modes are the Earth vehicles. Either that, or triple changers.

I think that idea's cool. It strays a lot from the usual path, but whatever.

Nothing says blend like an F22 with alien tattoos all over it.... or race cars with weapons attached to them. or, for that matter, most of the alt modes any of them have. those are just the earth based ones. we haven't even mentioned megaton.

fs_overall.png

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

#817 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well, by the time those things showed up, stealth from humans was pretty much irrelevant already. And still, there are the robots built for stealth and infiltration, and there are the robots built for killing the slag out of any enemy in their path. The stealth used to ambush, or hide, was still relevant, and that's why ROTF and DOTM still had 'Cons coming out of nowhere and shocking the slag out of everyone.

That kind of stealth could be applied to that Dinobot idea.

As in a truck is driving in, eh, just another Autobot, oh slag it's a friggin dinosaur nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#818 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'd actually really like the truck-to-dinosaur idea, but I know I'd want a robot mode somehow too. And that'd just not work out well. :PAlso, it seems the military vehicle is Hound. That sounds pretty cool to me.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#819 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, that vehicle looks like Hound. Or Bulkhead. I'd prefer Bulkhead, but I'm fine either way.

#820 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 12:44 AM

Grrrr... Hound needs too look like a warthog.... WHY BAY? WHY?!

fs_overall.png

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

#821 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 01:07 AM

That's like saying Optimus should be a flatnose, and BB should be a Beetle in every incarnation, ever.

You can actually recognize Hound by his general build and colors, and a jeep looks rather silly to begin with.

#822 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 01:26 AM

That's like saying Optimus should be a flatnose, and BB should be a Beetle in every incarnation, ever.

You can actually recognize Hound by his general build and colors, and a jeep looks rather silly to begin with.

No. He didn't look look like a warthog in G1. I'm mostly saying he should be a small military type vehicle. Hound has always been small.

fs_overall.png

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

#823 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 03:02 AM

Yeah, and Bumblebee was the size of a human back in the cartoon days, but now he's as big as a house. Hound hasn't exactly appeared in like, any franchise other than G1 so you can't really say he must be small. The only thing that usually manages to carry over between incarnations of characters is their colour schemes, and even then they barely remain the same. I mean, admit it, that green truck looks pretty darn cool. The changes they make to the characters is something that I always want to see - they are Transformers, after all.

#824 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 11,572 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 05:01 PM

I immediately thought WELP LOOKS LIKE WE'RE STUCK WITH BULKHEAD FOREVER.

Was G1 Hound really anyone's favourite character, though?

Edited by Makaru, Jun 04 2013 - 05:01 PM.

15863389948_205b2ce1e0.jpg

Yes I can see now, we're having fun in the end

Now it all makes sense

#825 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 05:40 PM

(jumping into conversation here)

Hound was my favorite G1 autobot. he kinda got forgotten later in the series, sadly :P

2qt8uwy.jpg

Here's a webcomic you might want to check out.

Like a cross between X-men and ghostbusters.

Except everyone is 12.

I played Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. PM me if you do as well!

#826 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 11:51 PM

While I don't think Hound was necessarily a favorite character of many, having him over a soon-to-be-oversaturated-in-presence Bulkhead doesn't sound all that bad. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#827 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 09:40 AM

Bulkhead's appeared twice. Bumblebee's the oversaturated one.

#828 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 12:32 PM

That's why I said soon-to-be. It feels like he's becoming too prominent for such a recent character. And it's more so because I'm not too fond of his "big clumsy guy who isn't too bright" personality.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#829 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 11,572 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 02:56 PM

Whoops, I forgot to add context. My response was mostly to how Bay would portray him, NOT him being selected over anyone else.

Also, I too could do with a little less 'bee. The whole radio-talk thing always seemed dumb to me. 

I think we need buddy-cop versions of Prowl and Nightbeat.

Now it all makes sense

#830 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, and Bumblebee was the size of a human back in the cartoon days, but now he's as big as a house. Hound hasn't exactly appeared in like, any franchise other than G1 so you can't really say he must be small. The only thing that usually manages to carry over between incarnations of characters is their colour schemes, and even then they barely remain the same. I mean, admit it, that green truck looks pretty darn cool. The changes they make to the characters is something that I always want to see - they are Transformers, after all.

that's a fair point. I guess my view just has to do with the only hound I have being a tiny off road vehicle, and I like this figure quite a bit. plus it came with ravage. But for some reason, I never had a problem with bumblebee being a camaro...

fs_overall.png

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

#831 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 11:06 PM

He's still a small yellow car. There's no reason to mind in the first place.

Now if they made him a blue tank, then there would be a problem.

#832 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 08:28 AM

He's still a small yellow car. There's no reason to mind in the first place.

Now if they made him a blue tank, then there would be a problem.

True enough. now every other car tf in the bay movies....

fs_overall.png

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

#833 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, they changed a lot of stuff. But as long as the changes don't make the characters look stupid, I don't mind.

Which is why I DO mind the Twins.

#834 Offline Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 14-April 06
  • 800 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 05:57 PM

Amazon had a Seek Peek on Transformers: The Covenant of Primus book with this list of Thirteenth

Prima- Leader

Alpha Trion-Writer and Mentor of Optimus Prime and Smokescreen

Megatronus Prime-Also know as The Fallen

Vector Prime-Guardian of Space and Time

Liege Maximo-The First Decepticon

Nexus Prime-The First Combiner

Solus Prime-The Female Transformers and Blacksmith

Amalgamous Prime-The Trickster 

Alchemist Prime- Co-Founder of Cybertronian civilization

Mirconus Prime-The First Mini-Con

Onyx Prime-The First Beast Mode Transformer

Quintius Prime-A Scientist

Thirteen Prime-The Last Member

#835 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Jun 07 2013 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, they changed a lot of stuff. But as long as the changes don't make the characters look stupid, I don't mind.

Which is why I DO mind the Twins.

Agreed. Because they changed barricade. though I cant remember what his G1 form was, and he didn't turn out stupid.

fs_overall.png

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

#836 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 11,572 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 07 2013 - 10:59 AM

Barricade (G1) was a pink and blue F1 car with the glorious distinction of having little career outside of the Dreamwave continuity.

Suffice it to say, there was nowhere to go but up.

Now it all makes sense

#837 Offline Stryker055

Stryker055
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 04-June 07
  • 4,356 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 04:36 PM

So... does anyone here read the current IDW Transformers comics?

If not, you should.

Because they're really good.

#838 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,300 posts

Posted Jul 01 2013 - 08:16 PM

So I may or may not be getting a Fortress Maximus... :)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#839 Offline Sinclair

Sinclair
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 06-April 12
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2013 - 03:44 AM

So I may or may not be getting a Fortress Maximus... :)~|ET|~

:oReally? Nice, dude!

Amazon had a Seek Peek on Transformers: The Covenant of Primus book with this list of Thirteenth Prima- LeaderAlpha Trion-Writer and Mentor of Optimus Prime and SmokescreenMegatronus Prime-Also know as The FallenVector Prime-Guardian of Space and TimeLiege Maximo-The First DecepticonNexus Prime-The First CombinerSolus Prime-The Female Transformers and BlacksmithAmalgamous Prime-The Trickster Alchemist Prime- Co-Founder of Cybertronian civilizationMirconus Prime-The First Mini-ConOnyx Prime-The First Beast Mode TransformerQuintius Prime-A ScientistThirteen Prime-The Last Member

Bleeegh. Why do the Thirteen have to be a thing?

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

#840 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 04:52 AM

So, who saw the new Camaro intended to be BB? Seems he'll reformat like in TF1. Either that or the restored dinosaur Camaro was never him.

I think that old Camaro was ok, but not great. The new one is very different from the usual Camaro, but awesome.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users