Forum Upgrade

Black Six

Also, I can't seem to get a direct link to posts when I click the number on it; it just takes me to the post (which I can copy/paste from the browser, if I need to, but it's not the best substitute), without the previous pop-up thing appearing.

Apparently this feature has been removed from the newer version of the software. You can right-click on the link and copy the link to the post that way.

for some reason all of the topics i've read became completely unread. is this happening to others too?

This happened in my blog too. Because I don't know a faster way, I had to visit all the blogs that had comments in them just to mark my blog as read!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The site keeps randomly stopping following topics.For instance, I just had to click the 'follow' button in the Onu-Wahi topic for BZPRPG for the second time today because the site automatically unfollowed it, and I've had to do the same for Techna: Breakdown. :confused:

Are you still experiencing this issue? Is anyone else seeing this? How long does it seem to take between you following a topic and the board un-following it for you?Thanks!

The site keeps randomly stopping following topics.For instance, I just had to click the 'follow' button in the Onu-Wahi topic for BZPRPG for the second time today because the site automatically unfollowed it, and I've had to do the same for Techna: Breakdown. :confused:

Are you still experiencing this issue? Is anyone else seeing this? How long does it seem to take between you following a topic and the board un-following it for you?Thanks!
I'm still experiencing it, it happened again with Onu-Wahi yesterday.There doesn't seem to be a specific amount of time, but around the time that it unfollowed me in both Onu-Wahi and Techna I was posting a lot in those topics.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I have this problem as well, but I've only noticed it in this topic. The system automatically un-follows when I post.
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Did the Forum Upgrade have anything to do with a "Warning Points" system on a user's profile page?

yeah, I have noticed these as well. It's a lowest-score-wins thing, like golf, right?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Did the Forum Upgrade have anything to do with a "Warning Points" system on a user's profile page?

Yes, it's a new feature.

yeah, I have noticed these as well. It's a lowest-score-wins thing, like golf, right?

No, more points is better. It's directly related to proto, so -5 is empty, 5 is full.

Yes, part of the new upgrade is a new way of dealing with the warning (proto, for us) system. It's more public, with each member having access to his/her own warning log, which contains a record of most proto adjustments. Additionally, members can chose to be notified of their proto adjustments through the notification system.The "points" are there because Invision adopted a new points-based warning system, but BZP's proto system won't be changing--each action will be one point up or down (with a minimum of -5 and a maximum of 5).

No, higher is better; points added represent proto increases, while points taken represent proto decreases. Having positive proto (closer to a full bar) is a good thing.edit- I regret nothing =p Edited by Ziko

Yes, it's a new feature.

No, more points is better. It's directly related to proto, so -5 is empty, 5 is full.
Ah, ok. I get it now. Seems nice that now you can see areas saying why you earn proto, without being a moderator looking in the moderator control panel.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

I assume the fact that Hapori Tohu's post count is no longer fixed at 42 is a side effect of this upgrade?

You assume right. News talkbacks are posted via RSS import, for which there was an option to not raise the post count. This option has been removed during the upgrade.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
So is proto ever coming back?
You mean the proto sitting under your post count?To my knowledge, proto never left.
...You're not seeing warning points instead of proto?
I see both. Maybe it has something to do with your internet.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I see light gray text reading telling me that I have "5 Warning Points" above my spinny and Proto bar. I take it that you're just seeing the point text and not the Proto bar?EDIT: Unless you mean to ask if we're going to change the text from "warning points" to "Proto" - to which the answer is no. There are too many custom things to edit that would interfere with BZP's existing modifications.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Anyone noticed randomized emoticons' list?
Yeah, I have it just makes it a little more difficult to find the right one. Other than that, I've had no problems with the new forum setup.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I assume the fact that Hapori Tohu's post count is no longer fixed at 42 is a side effect of this upgrade?
Why was it fixed at 42 in the first place?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

It wasn't really fixed; if Tohu had made a post through traditional means, his post count would have changed like other members. Tohu had forty-two posts when the forums came back; when the account was first set to post news stories imported from an RSS feed, there was an option to not add those posts to the account's post count, so Tohu's post count didn't go up. After the latest upgrade, that option was removed, so the news posts add to Tohu's post count now.

It wasn't really fixed; if Tohu had made a post through traditional means, his post count would have changed like other members. Tohu had forty-two posts when the forums came back; when the account was first set to post news stories imported from an RSS feed, there was an option to not add those posts to the account's post count, so Tohu's post count didn't go up. After the latest upgrade, that option was removed, so the news posts add to Tohu's post count now.
Actually, I´m not sure Tohu ever racked up 42 posts. Rather I think that the universe decided to gift The Almighty Tohu with the answer to itself, to life and to everything else. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^