Waves Of The South

IC-Cotan:As Vorasku tried to grasp the keys, a quick, powerful, but small gust of air blew them back, towards Cotan's feet. He bent down, picking up the keys, before he stepped forwards, his sword held to Vorasku's neck."Good job," he said to the two Matoran below him.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: I keep getting ninja'd. At least I think thats the right word...IC (Sakrinil): Quorvex was in a full sprint as he approached Vorasku. Assuming that the Vortixx would soon sit up, he gave a scream and launched himself into the air. Instead, the criminal's legs were suddenly encased in ice and the keys flew out of his reach.With Quorvex still flying through the air, he quickly passed over Voraksu, hit the ground and tumbled a few feet before coming to a stop on his back.A Toa of Air stood over him who said, "Good job.""Thanks," Quorvex said with a slight sneer. He then picked himself up and then walked over to the Fe-matoran guard in order to help him up as well.

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Keran | At seaKeran backed up a bit. "That... is vicious," he remarked. "You're really prepared for the violent end of things, aren't you?" He stepped back to where he had been, peering this time at Lesvera herself. "Do you, like, get a lot of that? Violence, I mean." In his experience people weren't usually this vicious unless something happened to make them think they had to be. Unless they were just crazy, but she seemed lucid enough.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC (Ship at sea): "Perhaps," Lesvera said as she put down the weapon again and then started to attach the springs, "The creatures we'll meet on this journey will be just as vicious. At least one of us will need to be able to match it."The robed Toa glanced over at Keran and noticed that he had a confused look on his mask."I mean pirates."Still confused.While, Keran couldn't see it, Lesvera rolled her eyes as she continued, "There are two types of pirates, thieves and murders. The thieves try to intimidate you, tell you to surrender so they can rob you without much fuss. If they can't scare you they try to kill. Murders don't bother with intimidation and go straight to the killing. And I can almost guarantee that we'll meet plenty of both."

"Don't Panic."

OOC: I was trying to give him a chance to escape so I didn't have to jail somebody else. But oh well.[GM]IC: Guards and Stuff / Sakrinil DocksThe Fe-Matoran stood up with the help of Quorvex, panting heavily as he looked down, moving to pick up his spear and looking down. He looked up to Cotan, than over at Kratos, then back to Quorvex and asked, "Where did all of these Toa come form?"OOC: He's not bad for a nameless NPC.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Kratos, Sakrinil docksKratos stepped forward, pulling his hood down so his mask could be seen. "I've been lurking around for some time." he said. "Want me to take him in for you?" he asked the Fe-Matoran. "It looks like you've done enough already." he said. OOC: Kratos could always say he's taking him in, but then set him free when they are alone, because he's attempting to infiltrate the criminals in the city, and try to take them down. Just an idea.

IC: Keran | At seaKeran looked at her oddly. "That is one bleak view. You're just not a very cheerful person, are you?" Something occurred to him. "Wait. I thought you said you hadn't been on a lot of ships. What makes you so sure we'll run into a lot of pirates? For all you know the sailing could be smooth, quiet and boring."^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Diomi "G'night." Diomi said, waving at Alfon as he walked away.Turning to face Kaladin, Diomi's grin never faded. "I don't believe we've met. Diomi." She said with a slight bow.
IC: (At Sea) -"I am Kaladin, ship's doctor" he replied, nodding in greeting and holding out his hand to the Prime. "Or at least, I will be the ship's doctor, as soon as our employer actually gets his hands on one." Edited by BenLuke-116

IC-Cotan:"I was just walking about," he said to the Fe-Matoran, before nodding at the other Toa."It'd be helpful if you could do that. I have to go to the Castle right now, and if you're faster than me, I might see you on the way-though probably not." That said, he turned quickly, moving on in the direction of the castle, his original destination.

profiles i guess

OOC: @ Flex Nard; Maybe. But that would require convincing Grochi's character to give him up. Which he did. Go on.[GM]Sakrinil Docks Battle (Close)IC: Matoran Guard / Sakrinil DocksIt was done. None on that ship were nearly loyal enough to Voraku to come for him now - those who were, were downed or deceased. The remainder were trying to escape the docks, but it didn't look like they would get very far.The Fe-Matoran guard coughed. "Yeah. If you could take him, Toa, that would be great. I.... just need a glass of water. And a much large glass to get marked off by the city officials as 'pain reliever', heh."OOC: I think he's talking about morphine. Or getting drunk.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: I'm in a rush right now, so I'll have to reply to Half-Dragon later...IC (Sakrinil): Quorvex simply shurgged his shoulders and watched as both Toa started to walk away."Does seem a bit typical," the matoran replied, "We do all of the work and then they get all of the credit. Oh well. Drink? I still need to have a chat with you."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Kratos, Sakrinil docks Kratos nodded at the air Toa. "No problem." he said, in his usual frozen tone. Kratos sliced through the ice he'd created on the criminal's legs to free him. He then grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him up. "Up you go you criminal scum." he said loudly. But then he leaned in and quietly whispered to Vorasku. "Comply and I will set you free." he said, softly enough that only the criminal could hear it.

[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Sakrinil Docks"Yes, well, I've gotten used to it." the Guard replied. "Besides, he's better equipped to keep the prisoner from escaping again than I am anyways... I shouldn't have let my attention slip like that. Three months. Three months! That's all the time I have to last, to keep from getting killed or brutally injured, and I'm done with this guard job. It's taken decades to save up this much. I probably could pull it off now, but I want to make sure there's something in excess to make sure I have a ship with a crew who won't rob me."He thought a moment. "While I'm on the ship, anyways."OOC: It's funny because he's saying the prices are outrageous. Hahahahahaha.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Ship at sea): "We're sailing into unknown waters," Lesvera explained as she turned in her 'chair' to face Keran, "Far from any shipping lanes or Coast Guard patrols. By that definition, it will be a haven for pirates who wish to evade both the authorities and the Vermillion Dragon. While the majority of was Sarillia said was exaggereated at best, her concern of pirates was not."Turning back to her project she continued, "And yes, while I do not possess the knowledge to help sail a ship, I have made an extensive study of reports of pirate attacks and their methods, for my own personal reasons."IC (Sakrinil): "Well," Quorvex said with a slight laugh as he looked at the wound on his leg, "At least you should be seeing some hazard pay after this little incident."He placed a gentle hand on the guard's shoulder as he guided him to toward one of his preferred taverns; Takea Tankards incidentally. As they walked Quorvex took the time to ask, "Why would an economics major want to purchase a ship?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Keran | At seaKeran scratched the back of his head. "That sounds like a really good idea if you're going out to sea. Kinda wish I'd thought of that." He never thought of the smart things to do. "Still think we could try talking it through." Apparently he did realize what her response to that would be, though, as he abruptly switched topics. "So why pick this closet?" He asked curiously, looking around the tiny 'living' space (and incidentally making no attempt to disguise the change of subject). "There's plenty of bunks, most of them are nicer than here. They don't even smell."^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Diomi Diomi smiled and shook the offered hand. "Doctor, huh?" The Ce-Toa said. "I've been on quite a few voyages where we've needed one of those." She continued, chuckling slightly at a memory. "I've learned never to listen to the medical advice of a cook. Their 'homemade medicines' don't exactly help you regain health." Pausing, she stared out at the ocean for a few moments. Finally, with a yawn and her infectious smile, she spoke once more. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I think I'm going to get some rest. Need all the energy you can have for sailing." She said, tipping her hat at the Ga-Matoran before wandering off beneath the ship to find her cot, where she fell into a deep, yet dreamless sleep, her bowler hat positioned over her eyes.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: VoraskuAs Vorasku remained on the ground, he heard what the Toa said. Not knowing what to think, he decided it would be best to comply. Any chance to escape was better than none.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC (Ship at sea): Lesvera turned to face Keran again as she said, "This ship is constantly soaked by liquid protodermis, the wood is coated with pitch in order to protect it from moisture, and there is no place to wash yourself. Everything here smells. Here there is only one entrance and exit and it's dark. It's not that I don't trust everyone on the ship, but old habits die hard."She then began to pack up her prototype dagger, as well as her tools and spare parts as she continued, "Now, I suggest that you find your own hammock and get some sleep. You'll need the energy since the captain will probably want you to help make the ship go just a little bit faster."OOC: That, and so Lev has a chance to do his time skip.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Out at SeaNow obviously it is completely normal for someone to board a boat when it is in the middle of the sea and when you don't know the crew or who they are allied with. But Maelstrom did it anyway.Out of the sea shot a insect-like Toa shaped thing. After a moment of midair direction change it landed on the deck."Why 'ello there. Nice ship ya got. Mind if I hitch a ride?" said the being in a deep voice that didn't sound fit for a being his size. To be honest you would expect a buggy, lispy voice or something not something smooth and deep. But a voice is a voice.Bellum however did see a problem with this beings plan. She took a defensive pose as she willed the water to aid her.

IC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:Artorre drew his sword, but quickly sheathed it again. "I guess that's fine." He said, a "What the heck just happened?" look on his face. "You sure know how to make an entrance. What's your name?"

IC-Draque:"Ah, it is good to be on the seas again," Draque said as the Thistle surfed along, the waves gently caressing her body, carrying it along to her destination.As the galleon he was on slowly floated along, Draque thought one thing to himself:"I payed too darn much for this thing."

profiles i guess

IC: Terrak:Terrak starred for a moment but then decided to brake the trance "Hello" he said politely "I am Terrak. By any chance do you know what happened to scare the fish away?"OOC: I was offline for a while.

Edited by light Laser

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Kratos, Sakrinil docks "This way." Kratos said as he grabbed the criminal's cuffs and then began to lead him down an alleyway. He lead him through several alleyways until they were a good way from the docks and then abruptly he stopped. Kratos pushed the criminal against the wall as hard as he could. "I saved your sorry rump back there." he said. "I'm no hero." he said. "I'm a Toa yes, but I don't go by that stupid Toa Code." he said. "No, I like to play by my own rules." he said. "The Toa are blind to how I really am." he said. "I'm looking for a new business venture." he said. "I will set you free, but only if you take me to your friends." he said, his light-blue eyes gleaming as he spoke.

IC: Out at Sea"Ah thank you." Maelstrom chuckled at the comment. "I'm Maelstrom. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Are you the captain of this fine vessel?"Bellum continued to look at the new person strangely but she backed down and continued to control the currents to move the ship at a faster rate. But she was getting tired she may have to take a break soon.

OOC: That had better be the smallest galleon on the Yheyn-Seas, Grochi. Much smaller than ye olde Spanish Galleon. Especially considering the fact a full on Galleon has... well. A lot of crew members.[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Sakrinil"Not a major yet." he replied. "I've been studying under the tutelage of some of the sages at the Great Library. Also spent money ordering textbooks and reviewing them. I've been saving up the money to get a ship, pay my tuition, and afford a small little apartment up in Ampora City. It's a beautiful place, you know. I've seen the pictures they depict the places with - and they're the most realistic things you have every seen. Yheyn, well, it's a bunch of fighters and farmers who are also fighters - ever seen a Ta-Matoran shank a Zyglak with the end of a rake? Not a pretty sight for either party. But up there it's artists, thinkers, musicians..."He thought a moment. "Mata-Nui knows how they made it until the Alliance formed. Honestly, I really would prefer to stay down here, but the only schools here are the ones that teach you how to fight. And I've been fighting for most of my life - I've gotten a little too good for a Matoran, I think.""But yeah, I'm more on the academic side. Ampora City has the best schools, so it's there I go. Unless I was to leave the Alliance - I hear the Ga-Metru schools of Metru-Nui have scientists who are working on a way to make protodermis tubes in the sky that transport Matoran as fast as the railroads! Pretty far fetched, eh?"OOC: Don't get used to him. Unnamed NPCs die at the drop of a hat. Red shirts, and all. But I did just think of a perfect use for him. I think you might have too, Tafu, after this post.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Vorasku"What friends? Are you talking about my crew members?"

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: Or, you know, NPC crew members who are being paid but aren't being mentioned.I didn't really see any need to, seeing as it was one of those things you mentioned before I left.IC-Draque:"And yet we still have yet to need you. Why do I keep you here, anyways?" Draque joked.

profiles i guess

IC: Keran | At seaKeran tended to miss clues and obvious flaws, and altogether wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but he knew when he was being told to shoo. He still decided to part on friendly terms, rolling his eyes a bit and smiling. "Yeah, I remember that. Should cut a day or two off our travel time, though, so I'm not complaining too loud. You should get some rest too - y'know, in case we find pirates." He backed out of her broom closet and gave a small wave. "'Night." Then he went off to claim a sleeping place of his own. Maybe the nest atop the mast...^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: SalvinnSalvinn raised an eyebrow at the new comer, his hands behind his back, ready to grab an arrow and his Bow at a moments notice. "Art, I don't mean to judge or anything, but are you sure this is wise? I mean, we don't know this being's motives or anything, he could be a pirate waiting for an opportunity to take over the ship or something." Salvinn reminded the Captain,all the while not taking his eye's off the new comer. "Wouldn't you agree Bell? Yeah, it was pretty obvious that you were all tense, and in a defensive position." His gaze was still firmly locked on the hitch hiker.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Well, I hope that we're thinking the same thing.IC (Sakrinil): "Eh, I try not dismiss really crazy ideas," Quorvex said, "Such a pair of matoran taking down a Vortixx who happens to be an experienced criminal."The pair finally made the short walk to Takea Tankards and Quorvex led his new friend over to the bar and ordered two drinks.As they waited for the beers, the Guild agent asked, "Now that I think about it, you just mentioned that you've worked as a guard for awhile. Have you ever heard any of the merchants talk about some character named Midnight?"

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Maybe.[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea Tankards ~ SakrinilThe Guard nodded. "Yeah, a few. And others just reporting some thief and calling the Midnight talk superstitious nonsense. Mostly a bunch of arrogant foreigners. I'm not sure what I believe - my mind tells me that it was all just a legend to make people lock their doors at night. But my gut tells me that it was all true, and whatever it was is coming back.""A few of the others have tried investigating the break ins. Even Toa have gotten involved. No luck - only a strange sigil on the walls. The crescent moon. Just like the old stories."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Gaioli (Island)Her face morphed into a thoughtful expression, as she took in what Terrak had said. In one swift motion, Gaioli took her slate and chalk from her pouch and quickly wrote, showing the message in just a few seconds. The slate said: -Name's Gaioli. The thing that scared the fish might have been my ship, the Diox, sinking just over the rise. Not sure. How did you get here, anyway? I saw no ships approaching...Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Takea Tankards): Quorvex pulled out the small piece of wall that he had collected earlier. As he turned it around in his hands, he asked, "What exactly is Midnight? What are his powers supposed to be? What do the stories say about that?"This case was going to be difficult. Whoever was committing the thefts was using a local legend about an uncatchable thief. That discouraged the locals from trying too hard to find them and would throw off foreigners, who would simply be angry that the authorities weren't trying hard enough. Even he didn't like to put much stock into such legends, but he also knew that they originated from somewhere, whether it was a being, an object, or a place.He would try to get as much information from the guard as he could, but then he would have to find another store that had been robbed.

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: [Dralack Illu](Complaint Department, Castle Sakrinil, Sakrinil)Dralack raised an eyebrow," This thief, who stole your... golden claw. Can you explain to me exactly what happened?IC: [Doriana Calam](Arkrak's General Store, Port Green Peak, Effrah)Ignoring the lack of response, Doriana continued into the store, grabbing a few more crates."Are there still boxes back there?""Tons," the Toa responded, "At least a dozen left."IC: [Su'un Kanad] (Takea Tankards, Sakrinil, Yheyn)"What exactly is Midnight? What are his powers supposed to be? What do the stories say about that?"Su'un noted the agitated the being's (Quorvex) voice, as he demanded information from the Matoran guardsmen.Realizing that this probably wasn't a good time to barge in, the Trytan merely continued to sip his drink, while keeping his ears open for any additional information.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea Tankards"You've never heard the stories?" he asked somewhat incredulously. "Oh, it doesn't matter. The legend goes like this - Gremost, may he rest in peace, ousts the Justiciars using this magical scepter called the Legion Scepter and starts reforming Yheyn. As he's doing so, though, a number of thefts start occurring all over Yheyn. Well, more than usual. The only thing linking them is this strange, crescent moon. And then suddenly, a few hundred years later, Gremost loses the scepter in the middle of the night. And instead of a crescent moon, there's a golden sun pattern. The one thing known, though, is that no matter the lock, no matter how many defenses, you couldn't catch or stop Midnight. The master of thievery - and ne'er was a trace left to identify somebody had been there, other than that moon.""But that's only the main legend. There's all sorts of theories and speculations over who Midnight is - or was. There's also a bunch of other reports from around that time, but really, the Sages are the only ones who know that stuff. If you want to get into really weird stuff, though, you can draw parallels to a number of other legends - and not ones based on fact like this one, but story books and stuff. I even read this one really weird tablet detailing a report dated only two days before the thievery about a number of Turaga being cooked. As in 'stick a fork in them, they're done' cooked. No trace to see what caused that, either."IC: Merchant / Castle Sakrinil (w/Dralack)The merchant helplessly raised his arms into the air and dropped them. "Well, I woke up in the morning, and by golden claw was gone! Along with another couple hundred widgets worth of jewelry, none of that was important. It's my claw that matters! Only thing there is this dumb crescent moon on the wall. Like some kind of gangs tagged it. Only you dig into the stone and there's still a marking."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor