mmmmto be honest, she kinda looks like a super generic toa of water.
I'm not sure what you mean by "generic". Yes, I used fairly common pieces for her arms and legs, but that is because that is what worked best for the character.
It's okay. It's simple but the details look a lot like the original Gali Nuva, which I guess it's okay. You did a decent job on this but it could be a bit better.
Same thing applies here. The arms and legs are simple because they can be. They look good and fit the character, so I saw no reason to further customize them. I made a custom torso because other torsos were too small, too wide, too short, etc. If the arm pieces that I had looked out of place, I would have customized them too. My goal was to make a nice looking and accurate MOC, not one with as many custom parts as possible.Thanks for the comments guys!

I really need a better signature.

by generic i mean, most water toa have the same mask, feet, lower legs and lower arms. <:I
My reasoning still stands.The pieces are used a lot because they work. Like I said, my goal was to make her accurate, not as custom as possible.

I have to agree about the "generic Toa of Water" thing. It's fine that you didn't go custom on everything, but she doesn't have any distinctive "Gali" traits. Even just making her weapons more akin to her Aqua Axes or original hooks would help a lot. I agree about the mask, though, this is much better.Nice-looking MOC, but she needs a little something extra to make it more unique.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I have to agree about the "generic Toa of Water" thing. It's fine that you didn't go custom on everything, but she doesn't have any distinctive "Gali" traits. Even just making her weapons more akin to her Aqua Axes or original hooks would help a lot. I agree about the mask, though, this is much better.Nice-looking MOC, but she needs a little something extra to make it more unique.
I suppose I can see why everyone calls her generic, but there aren't that many better options. as for "Gali-ness":Mask: I think this is the best suited mask for Gali. Nothing I can really change here.Arms: These are the best forearms as far as I know. The armor was the best I could find that resembled nuva armor, yet gave the freedom of Inika armor.Torso: A more feminine frame and nuva armor. What more do you want?Legs: That armor is the only kind that really looks good on that size leg. As for the lower legs, none of gali's other limbs really made sense in this case, so I used the most feminine ones I could find.Feet: I cold have used Mata feet, but these balanced the color scheme much better.Weapon: I don't really see how this is not like Gali. The pieces are hooks, but the way they are placed they can also be used as axes. I combined both old versions of her weapon in a new style.Thanks for the feedback! Edited by Toa of Geek

Torso: A more feminine frame and nuva armor. What more do you want?
Well it may be more feminine than a Piraka torso, yes, but not by much. I would suggest making the shoulders less wide. And maybe also using the thigh covers from the Inika or Piraka rather than the Metru ones, just so the upper legs on this don't look quite so stick-thin compared to the lower legs.Other than that, I see no problems. Well done.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

While not the most original looking design, it certainly comes across as Gali-like to me. Sort of like a cross between olda and nuva, but more articulated.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

I never noticed how much the Faxon actually fits the look of a KauKau.If I still had my sets I would be swapping the masks of Hahli '07 and Gali '08 right now.[QQQQ]
Yeah, I didn't notice how much it resembled the KauKau until she was finished. I just knew that she needed a new mask. :P
Torso: A more feminine frame and nuva armor. What more do you want?
Well it may be more feminine than a Piraka torso, yes, but not by much. I would suggest making the shoulders less wide. And maybe also using the thigh covers from the Inika or Piraka rather than the Metru ones, just so the upper legs on this don't look quite so stick-thin compared to the lower legs.Other than that, I see no problems. Well done.
She looks pretty feminine to me. but I see your point. This is my first custom torso in a while, so it's not the best. I agree that her legs look a bit thin, so I'll see what I can do.
While not the most original looking design, it certainly comes across as Gali-like to me. Sort of like a cross between olda and nuva, but more articulated.
Thanks. I was going for accuracy over originality, so I'm glad she's recognizable.

Yes, she looks a very generic Toa of Water, but that doesn't bother me at all. If only there was a dark blue Kaukau Nuva... it would look awesome on that MOC. But it's good MOC and certainly has aspects from the Nuva and the Adaptive Armor... Good job. :)

I think the "generic Toa of Water" opinion is from people being used to Nuva Gali, not AA Gali. I was about to fall into that pit myself, but I thought about it, and this isn't all that bad. Granted, yes it is simple. I would suggest using Vahki or Metru legs for the lower legs, and D-Blue Inika thigh armor on both sides of the thigh. I think she would benefit from the original weapons with an AA twist. As Jackson Lake said, less wide shoulders would be great.Some forearm armor would be great. Maybe Nuparu Mahri shoulder armor in silver or D-Blue(if they have that)? Or even a 3 length technic beam/liftarm inside the Metru leg gap.

AΨ 94

I agree with what others said about this MoC being more of a Toa of Water in general rather than Gali specifically. Probably the lack of a Kaukau is what causes it, even though I prefer the Faxon over the Kaukau Mistika any day. With that aid, I have to point out that I like the use of a custom torso (is it custom? I think it is but can't be sure due to armor covering it up) and the fact that you remembered to put armour BOTH on the chest and on the back.To make it less generic and more Gali like, I would probably have given here those fan pieces that the 2002 Gali Nuva set had. Also, a gear in the back (there's space for it) could have been a nice detail.

le-koro_banner.jpg

Nice. I like the custom torso and weapons. I think a Kaukau would suit Gali better, though. And the upper legs would need to be a little bigger. Other than that it's pretty okay, since Gali never was the most feminine-looking Bionicle character.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!